The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    « Carbonisé »

Tony, c’est sans Tim Duncan et Manu Ginobili que vous avez rencontré Phoenix et malgré tout, vous n’êtes pas passés loin de la victoire…

Tout comme Tony Massenburg, j’ai raté un lay-up à la fin de la rencontre. Avec un peu plus de réussite, nous aurions pu repartir avec la victoire. Nous étions privés de nos deux All Stars et malgré tout, nous avons inquiété les Suns jusqu’au bout. Je peux vous dire que Phoenix n’était pas rassuré dans les dernières minutes. Le doute commençait à s’installer mais cela n’a pas suffi.

Ginobili, de quoi souffre-t-il ?

Manu est cassé de partout. Il n’est pas au mieux physiquement et c’est pour ça que Pop a décidé de le mettre au repos. Concernant Tim, sa cheville le fait toujours souffrir. Il avait pu jouer la veille contre les Nets mais il était préférable qu’il se repose hier soir. Je sais que ce choix peut vous paraître surprenant mais c’est comme ça.

En ce qui te concerne, tu as porté les Spurs a bout de bras pendant trois quart-temps pour finalement t’éteindre dans les dernières douze minutes.

A la fin du 3e quart-temps, j’en étais à 30 points, avec un très bon pourcentage au shoot (14/25). J’’avais tellement donné que je ne pouvais plus rien faire dans le money-time. Physiquement, j’étais carbonisé. Les Suns avaient mis en place une grosse défense sur moi mais ils n’arrivaient pas à m’arrêter. Malheureusement, j’ai été rattrapé par la fatigue. Et puis pour tout vous dire, je ne devais pas jouer ce match.

Tu es blessé ?

Je ne suis pas très bien physiquement. J’ai des tendinites aux genoux et j’ai pris des béquilles sur les derniers matchs. Nous avions donc décidé avec Pop de faire l’impasse sur cette rencontre mais comme Tim et Manu ne pouvaient pas jouer, je n’ai pas pu faire autrement que de disputer la rencontre.

Seras-tu présent face à Denver ?

Je l’espère. J’ai trois jours devant moi pour me soigner et me reposer. Je pense que ce sera suffisant. Bon, je vais me coucher. Je vous donne rendez-vous ce soir pour le TP Show (exceptionnellement à 22h20). On reviendra sur cette rencontre et on aura comme invité Didier Deschamps.

Someone can translate it please.

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not good enough in cleanup to take the machine translation to clean text...

But in the second-to-last paragraph, Tony says he has tendonitis in his knees...

The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, he says that he Pop and him agreed to let him rest for this game but considering that neither Manu and Tim were able to play, he had to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Carbonized" Tony, it is without Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili that you met Phoenix and despite everything, you did not pass far from the victory... Just like Tony Massenburg, I missed a lay-up at the end by the meeting. With a little more success, we could have set out again with the victory. We were private our both All Stars and despite everything, we worried Suns until the end. I can say to you that Phoenix was not reassured in the last minutes. The doubt started to settle but that was not enough. Does Ginobili, from what suffer? Manu is broken of everywhere. It is not as well as possible physically and it is for that that Pop decided to put it at rest. Concerning Tim, its always ankle the fact of suffering. It had been able to play the day before against the Nets but it was preferable that it rests yesterday evening. I know that this choice can appear to you surprising but it is like that. In what concerns you, you carried Spurs has end of arm during three quarter-times for finally extinguishing you in the last twelve minutes. At the end of the 3rd quarter-time, I was at 30 points, with a very good percentage with the shot (14/25). I ' had given so much that I could nothing any more make in the money-time. Physically, I was carbonized. Suns had set up a large defense on me but they were not able to stop me. Unfortunately, I was caught up with by tiredness. And then for all to say to you, I was not to play this match. You are wounded? I am not very well physically. I have tendinitises with the knees and I took crutches on the last matches. We had thus decided with Pop to make the dead end on this meeting but like Tim and Manu could not play, I could not make differently than to dispute the meeting. Will you be present vis-a-vis Denver? I hope for it. I have three days in front of me to look after themselves and rest. I think that it will be sufficient. Good, I will lie down. I give you appointment this evening for the TP Show (exceptionally with 22h20). One will reconsider this meeting and one will have like guest Didier Deschamps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks must be French.

The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Carbonized"

Tony, it is without Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili that you met Phoenix and despite everything, you did not pass far from the victory...
    Just like Tony Massenburg, I missed a lay-up at the end by the meeting. With a little more success, we could have set out again with the victory. We were private our both All Stars and despite everything, we worried Suns until the end. I can say to you that Phoenix was not reassured in the last minutes. The doubt started to settle but that was not enough.

Does Ginobili, from what suffer?
    Manu is broken of everywhere. It is not as well as possible physically and it is for that that Pop decided to put it at rest. Concerning Tim, its always ankle the fact of suffering. It had been able to play the day before against the Nets but it was preferable that it rests yesterday evening. I know that this choice can appear to you surprising but it is like that.

In what concerns you, you carried Spurs has end of arm during three quarter-times for finally extinguishing you in the last twelve minutes.
    At the end of the 3rd quarter-time, I was at 30 points, with a very good percentage with the shot (14/25). I ' had given so much that I could nothing any more make in the money-time. Physically, I was carbonized. Suns had set up a large defense on me but they were not able to stop me. Unfortunately, I was caught up with by tiredness. And then for all to say to you, I was not to play this match.

You are wounded?
    I am not very well physically. I have tendinitises with the knees and I took crutches on the last matches. We had thus decided with Pop to make the dead end on this meeting but like Tim and Manu could not play, I could not make differently than to dispute the meeting.

Will you be present vis-a-vis Denver?
    I hope for it. I have three days in front of me to look after themselves and rest. I think that it will be sufficient. Good, I will lie down. I give you appointment this evening for the TP Show (exceptionally with 22h20). One will reconsider this meeting and one will have like guest Didier Deschamps.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    « Carbonisé »

carbonized, burned up, burned out, exhausted.

Tony, c’est sans Tim Duncan et Manu Ginobili que vous avez rencontré Phoenix et malgré tout, vous n’êtes pas passés loin de la victoire…

Tony, in spite of playing PHX without Tim and Manu, you almost won ...

Tout comme Tony Massenburg, j’ai raté un lay-up à la fin de la rencontre. Avec un peu plus de réussite, nous aurions pu repartir avec la victoire. Nous étions privés de nos deux All Stars et malgré tout, nous avons inquiété les Suns jusqu’au bout. Je peux vous dire que Phoenix n’était pas rassuré dans les dernières minutes. Le doute commençait à s’installer mais cela n’a pas suffi.

Like Tony Massenburg, I missed a lay-up at the end. With a little better play, we could have got away with the win. Without our 2 All-Stars, we still harassed the Suns all the way. I can tell you that the Suns were not confident in the final minutes. They were beginning to stumble and doubt, but it wasn't enough.

Ginobili, de quoi souffre-t-il ?

Ginobili, what's hurting him?

Manu est cassé de partout. Il n’est pas au mieux physiquement et c’est pour ça que Pop a décidé de le mettre au repos. Concernant Tim, sa cheville le fait toujours souffrir. Il avait pu jouer la veille contre les Nets mais il était préférable qu’il se repose hier soir. Je sais que ce choix peut vous paraître surprenant mais c’est comme ça.

Manu is beat up all over. He's not at his best physically, which is why Pop decided to rest him. In Tim's case, his ankle still hurts. He was able to play against the Nets but it was better that he rest tonight. I know it's surprising, but that's how it is.

En ce qui te concerne, tu as porté les Spurs a bout de bras pendant trois quart-temps pour finalement t’éteindre dans les dernières douze minutes.

You carried the Spurs for 3 quarters but finally flamed out in the last 12 minutes.

A la fin du 3e quart-temps, j’en étais à 30 points, avec un très bon pourcentage au shoot (14/25). J’’avais tellement donné que je ne pouvais plus rien faire dans le money-time. Physiquement, j’étais carbonisé. Les Suns avaient mis en place une grosse défense sur moi mais ils n’arrivaient pas à m’arrêter. Malheureusement, j’ai été rattrapé par la fatigue. Et puis pour tout vous dire, je ne devais pas jouer ce match.

At the end of 3 qtrs, I had 30 points, with a very good FG% (14-25). I had given so much that I just couldn't find any more in crunch time. Physically, I was exhausted. The Suns really defended me tough, but it wasn't they who stopped me. Unhappily, fatigue caught up with me. And honestly, I shouldn't have played at all.

Tu es blessé ?

you're hurt?

Je ne suis pas très bien physiquement. J’ai des tendinites aux genoux et j’ai pris des béquilles sur les derniers matchs. Nous avions donc décidé avec Pop de faire l’impasse sur cette rencontre mais comme Tim et Manu ne pouvaient pas jouer, je n’ai pas pu faire autrement que de disputer la rencontre.

I'm not in very good shape physically. I have tendonitis in my knees, and was "on crutches" in the last few games. We decided with Pop that I wouldn't play, but since Tim and Manu couldn't play, I had no choice but to play.

Seras-tu présent face à Denver ?

Will you play in the Denver game?

Je l’espère. J’ai trois jours devant moi pour me soigner et me reposer. Je pense que ce sera suffisant. Bon, je vais me coucher. Je vous donne rendez-vous ce soir pour le TP Show (exceptionnellement à 22h20). On reviendra sur cette rencontre et on aura comme invité Didier Deschamps.

I hope so. I have 3 days now to get treated and rest up. I hope that it will be enough. Ok, I'm going to bed. I'll see you tonight for the TP Show (exceptionally at 22:20). We'll come back to this game, and we will have Didier Deschamps as guest.

Someone can translate it please.

Pouvait quelq'un faire la traduction, s'il vous plait?

Last edited by boutons; 03-10-2005 at 02:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tnx Frenchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not very well physically. I have tendinitises with the knees and I took crutches on the last matches. We had thus decided with Pop to make the dead end on this meeting but like Tim and Manu could not play, I could not make differently than to dispute the meeting.

is this whole team hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why the heck did Beno not play more? Wilks did great but Pop has got to give some steady confidence and order to rotations. Beno has been clutch all year when called upon late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn i'm never there when i could be usefull ^^
    grats nice one boutons

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tant pis, Stephane, on avait deja deux traductions, poste simultanement. T'auras ta chance.

Enregistre le TP Show et nous donne la traduction.

What we really need is someone to translate Monsieur ducks into English

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have tendinitises with the knees and I took crutches on the last matches.
    Is that the real translation?

I've seen Tony leaving the arena at the last two home games and he wasn't on crutches. Could it mean that he "felt" like he needed crutches?

The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, this is a bad translation, "béquille" doesn't mean crutch here. He said that he received blows, knocks on his body.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured it didn't mean literally "on crutches", but my excellent Robert-Collins French-English dictionary doesn't have that sense of bequille, Frenchise. I guessed it was a colloquial/argot usage, so thanks for the correction.

Thread Information