Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is he attacking Puerto Ricans after a major disaster?
    Because he's a triggered snowflake. Still not his fault their electric grid got wiped out though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is the President not?
    He is soon when not a distraction

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Because he's a triggered snowflake. Still not his fault their electric grid got wiped out though.
    He did deny them assistance and had to be forced to do it. He gets no credit for doing what any President would.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He is soon when not a distraction
    He's already a distraction this morning calling dying people lazy. him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    how dare the mayor who watched her country get destroyed and her citizens dying and struggle, passionately plea for help from her president. from what i'm seeing, they are asking for the basics: food, toiletries right now..hurry the up.
    The basics have been there for days languishing on the docks. Hurry the up has been done since last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The basics have been there for days languishing on the docks. Hurry the up has been done since last week.
    fema disputed those claims. trump needs to stop the immature twitter games and get done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this. get them the help and stop ing around.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did deny them assistance and had to be forced to do it.
    You talking about the Jones Act?

He gets no credit for doing what any President would.
    I give him a lot of credit for not using must pass legislation to advance his agenda like congressional Republicans wanted.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    You talking about the Jones Act?

I give him a lot of credit for not using must pass legislation to advance his agenda like congressional Republicans wanted.
    Yes. And there was literally no time to advance anything. Trump wants to cut FEMA funding and don't doubt it will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this. get them the help and stop ing around.
    I can not believe she has been mayor that long and has not figured out a plan lazy sob

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can not believe she has been mayor that long and has not figured out a plan lazy sob
    now she's responsible for the federal response and mayor of the whole island.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are my thoughts and experience:

There was a lot of warning for any hurricane but many (in particular, the men) don't take it seriously. Maybe it's because the women in general think about meals/food/water. But even when I gassed up, bought water, nonperishable food EARLY, one still has to gas up again (after driving around for a week). The key is the supply of GAS - gas to drive around getting stuff, gas for the generators, and after the hurricane, gas so that people who clear the highways/streets can get to work, gas to run all the trucks, tractors, heavy equipment necessary. The preparation for Irma was outstanding - gas kept flowing into the S. FL, Florida Power & Light had electric trucks from other states here BEFORE the hurricane, schools closed Thursday and Friday before (to convert to shelters) and less people on the road and to allow people to prepare. The day after the hurricane, all necessary employees reported very early in the morning, they were out clearing the highways and major roads, picking up garbage. And they cancelled all unnecessary government and school for that whole week.

Other than minor problems, the major catastrophe was the nursing home where 8 died because of no a/c. When FPL looks at its computers/electronics, the nursing home showed up ok - it had everything - electricity, water, etc but a fuse for the ac broke which could only be replaced by FPL. It's extremely difficult to get through to FPL with so many calling about downed lines, power outage, etc and when they look at their grid, everything looks like fine. Iirc, they're gonna pass some law to check on nursing homes, etc or put them on a special list.

I've never been to Puerto Rico, but if it's anything like Jamaica, the infrastructure makes it very difficult to get help to where it's needed - there are not the highways, major roads that we have here on the mainland. I think there are containers of food, water, supplies lined up now waiting to be distributed. But for an island, when the airport and ports are damaged, getting the gas necessary to recover is difficult. And the islands have disproportional amount of trees/vegetation than major metropolitan areas like Houston and Miami - even here, the city of Coral Gables (an old, expensive area with lots of trees) is suing FPL because they are the last to get back power - too many trees down, entangling the power lines and FPL did not want to risk their people - countering that CG doesn't cut back their landscape enough.

Of course, the PR mayor wants to put the blame on Trump to deflect her lack of planning and preparation. Maybe he could have signed whatever earlier (I still don't know what it does) but if the airport/ports are damaged, there's not much that can be done from outside. That should have been her priority - getting the airport/ports cleared for outside help to come in.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, the PR mayor wants to put the blame on Trump to deflect her lack of planning and preparation. Maybe he could have signed whatever earlier (I still don't know what it does)
    Naturally you admit to not understanding the issues PR is facing, but still side with the President. Color us all completely surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was slated to hold a series of phone calls Saturday from his golf club in New Jersey to discuss relief efforts with Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Brock Long, Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, Puerto Rico resident commissioner Jenniffer González-Colón and the governor of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Kenneth Mapp, reports The Hill.
    O

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Job to plan ask fed what if someone happens timeline for help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already a distraction this morning calling dying people lazy. him.
    Mayor has time to talk on tv surf the internet respond to social media
    She not working then

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now the mayor is responsible for airport radar and TSA scanners and all ports in general.

Jesus.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mayor has time to talk on tv surf the internet respond to social media
    She not working then
    Think hard about what you just posted, ducks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naturally you admit to not understanding the issues PR is facing, but still side with the President. Color us all completely surprised.
    I'm just sharing my experience with Irma and pointing out the differences between an island and mainland - I don't think one can expect the same level/timing of help because of geography. I lived through Hurricane Andrew and the difference in planning and preparation from government and FPL was like night and day.

BTW, when you're going through the hurricane - political differences fade into the background - you're all without power, all without ac - you aren't thinking about whether this person is a Republican or Democrat as you're cutting their branches with a chain saw - you just want to get back to normal as soon as possible. And I'd bet that Puerto Ricans aren't thinking that Trump could've signed whatever a day earlier - they'll be thankful to get their hands on water, ice and food. That's the way I thought when electricity first came back on. Florida's CC and universities are offering in-state tuition for PR and welcoming K-12 students into school - all these teacher's work/planning days have to be converted to school days (to make up for missed days).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now the mayor is responsible for airport radar and TSA scanners and all ports in general.

Jesus.
    It's called thinking ahead, planning, preparation and coordination.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's called thinking ahead, planning, preparation and coordination.
    Why do you think she is personally responsible for airports and shipping ports in addition to the city? She not Jared Kushner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think she is personally responsible for airports and shipping ports in addition to the city? She not Jared Kushner.
    Shouldn't the mayor of the capital and most populous city in PR be planning, preparing and coordinating with the Governor and leaders of other PR cities, counties or whatever they call their local governments?

And with their power company.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shouldn't the mayor of the capital and most populous city in PR be planning, preparing and coordinating with the Governor and leaders of other PR cities, counties or whatever they call their local governments?

And with their power company.
    Oh, you're going to act like they never did any planning and coordinating at all now. Lazy Puerto Ricans!

Nice.

Trump feels hurt and everyone has to attack on his behalf.

Thread Information