Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A very principled position for a very principled man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich, white towns are getting more hurricane recovery help than others

One town got $60,000 per person. A neighboring area got just $84.

Small, rich, white towns in southeast Texas are getting a disproportionate amount in federal disaster recovery funds following Hurricane Harvey compared to neighboring communities that are poorer and have a larger minority population,

The report pointed out the very affluent and very white community of Taylor Landing, a small town of just 228 residents, which received $1.3 million in funds to help its 22 hurricane affected residents. That comes to about $60,000 per affected resident.

Meanwhile, just 15 miles east, Port Arthur received just $84 in federal funding per person.

Out of 54,000 residents — more than a third of whom are black — almost everyone was impacted by Harvey, and the city had a high poverty rate.

It received $4.1 million in the same set of federal funds, to be distributed among 50,000 affected people.

The report placed the blame on the way the state and local commissions distribute federal housing funds.

https://thinkprogress.org/rich-white...-d52a4843dfed/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is done ing over Puerto Rico, brownies, don't speak English

Donald Trump wants to cut off disaster relief for Puerto Rico after concocting his own conspiracy theory

White House officials told congressional appropriations leadership that the officials are using aid dollars to pay off their debt.

The claims come, as many of the president’s declarations do, without evidence or information.

he’s refusing to sign any future spending bills that make funds available for Puerto Rico.

Other states wrecked by natural disasters, however, are still able to have FEMA dollars sent.

“Puerto Rico bond prices soared … after the federal oversight board that runs the U.S. territory’s finances released a revised fiscal plan that raises expectations for disaster funding and economic growth,” an October Wall Street Journal report said.

After reading the report, Trump flew into a rage, five sources familiar with the incident recalled.

It was then that the president developed the conspiracy theory.

“He’s always been pissed off by Puerto Rico,” another source added.

Democrats are likely to make funding available

to any state or territory in the United States when passing a budget, which could create a showdown between Democrats and Republicans.

If the showdown turns into a government shutdown, Trump could look even worse heading into his re-election season.

Meanwhile, the president is also battling with California,

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/don...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash can't help himself, just keeps proving what self-centered, sadistic, racist asshole he is.

Puerto Rico faces food-stamp crisis as Trump privately vents about federal aid to Hurricane Maria-battered island

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/puerto-rico-faces-food-stamps-crisis-as-trump-privately-vents-about-federal-aid-to-hurricane-maria-battered-island/2019/03/25/ade500fe-4cb3-11e9-b79a-961983b7e0cd_story.html?utm_term=.ac1acf761f73&wpi src=nl_most&wpmm=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my guess is that racist Trash, for decades, has despised all the PRs living in NYC, as brown, Catholic, not Real Americans.

Now he has a chance them over hard and long and murderously.

And the racist Repugs support him 100%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Barreling Towards Showdown On Disaster Relief For Puerto Rico

A fight between President Donald Trump and Democrats over hurricane relief for Puerto Rico is imperiling a widely backed disaster aid bill that is a top priority for some of Trump’s Southern GOP allies.

The amount of money in dispute is relatively small, but

Trump feels antipathy toward the U.S. territory’s government

and Senate Republicans are taking a hard line — for now — in denying Democratic demands for more aid for Puerto Rico

The $13.5 billion Senate measure mostly mirrors a $14.2 billion measure passed by the House in January,

combining aid to Southern farmers,

California communities devastated by last summer’s wildfire, and

rebuilding help for hurricane-hit states such as Florida, Georgia and North Carolina.

Democrats want to add almost $700 million more to unlock further disaster aid for Puerto Rico and several states

McConnell, R-Ky., however, has maneuvered to shut off any opportunity for Democrats to amend the bill.

(Trash) he poor-mouthed the island’s government at a meeting with Senate Republicans last week and suggested Puerto Rico has gotten too much disaster help compared with states such as Texas.

“I have taken better care of Puerto Rico than any man ever.

We have $91 billion going to Puerto Rico.

We have $29 billion to Texas and $12 billion to Florida for the hurricane,” Trump said Thursday.

“They have to spend the money wisely. They don’t know how to spend the money and they’re not spending it wisely.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/senate-barreling-towards-showdown-disaster-relief-puerto-rico?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_cam paign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Trash is lying

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nearly everything Trump just said about Puerto Rico is wrong

President Trump’s antipathy toward the ongoing relief effort in Puerto Rico burst into full view on Tuesday morning.

“Puerto Rico got 91 Billion Dollars for the hurricane”:

Puerto Rico has not received $91 billion for hurricane recovery.

So far, about $11 billion has been sent to the island.

The $91 billion figure that Trump likes to use is a combination of $41 billion that’s been set aside for recovery combined with $50 billion expected to be spent over the life of the recovery effort in accordance with legislation passed in 1988. The full scope of the recovery could take several decades.

“more money than has ever been gotten for a hurricane before”:

2005′s Hurricane Katrina, for which recovery efforts continue, cost more than $120 billion.

Trump compared the spending in Puerto Rico unfavorably to Texas and Florida, which were also hit by hurricanes in 2017. But, of course, the type and extent of the damage in each place was very different. Hurricane Harvey did enormous damage in Texas and on the Gulf Coast, but the damage was less extensive and severe than in Puerto Rico.

The higher cost in Puerto Rico is mostly a function of the damage that was done.

“& all their local politicians do is complain & ask for more money.”:

an existing crisis on the island as a result of food-stamp payments being curtailed. In this moment, there’s an outcry for a specific form of relief that seems warranted.

“The pols are grossly incompetent, spend the money foolishly or corruptly”:

Trump always saw Puerto Rico’s government as questionable and wasteful and then apparently seized on that idea to rationalize his arguments that the island was receiving too much money.

“& only take from USA....”

Trump tips his hand here that he sees this island in the Atlantic Ocean as something separate and less American than the continental United States.

“The best thing that ever happened to Puerto Rico is President Donald J. Trump.”:

more than half of Puerto Ricans said Trump had done a poor job in responding to the hurricane. Four in five said his job performance was at best “fair.”

“Cannot continue to hurt our Farmers and States with these massive payments”

Trump draws a contrast between the states and Puerto Rico.

“and so little appreciation!

What Trump hears from Puerto Rican leaders is not praise for the job he’s doing, but increasingly insistent requests for needed aid.

He tunes into cable news and sees criticism, not kudos.

He sees coverage of Puerto Rico and hears about nearly 3,000 deaths, a figure he refuses to accept

because it serves as a grim measurement of his handling of the crisis.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/02/nearly-everything-trump-just-said-about-puerto-rico-is-wrong/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.036d97136806&wpisrc=nl_mo st&wpmm=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Puerto Rico is a US Territory; Puerto Ricans are US citizens. They have been since 1917.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump and Senate Republicans Are Determined to Starve Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico’s government cut the island’s food stamps benefit program by 25 percent on Monday,

bringing it back to the level it was at before Hurricane Maria ripped through the island in 2017.

The problem is that many, many more people use the program now than before the storm,

President Trump and the Republican leadership in the Senate have utterly ignored the need for additional funding in Puerto Rico.

The newly-elected Democratic majority in the House of Representatives passed a bill in January, shortly after beginning its first session, to allocate more than $600 million to the territory in emergency funding.

Donald Trump called it “
    excessive and unnecessary.”

While all of this bull is playing out in Washington (where Puerto Ricans don’t even have elected officials to vote for their interests), Americans are skipping meals.

https://splinternews.com/trump-and-senate-republicans-are-determined-to-starve-p-1833162240

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Puerto Rico is bankrupt has to do with the corrupt officials not what happens in dc
    just like mexico and other poor countries

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Territory is not the same as a US STATE
    BIG difference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the gov needs to bail out everyone now?

stop sending money to other countries and usa might have money to help the usa citizens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash hates women, esp brown women

Trump: ‘Incompetent’ San Juan Mayor Means ‘Absolute No’ On Puerto Rico Statehood

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...+%28TPMNews%29

... and ALL his "business" is personal, not professional, not governmental, not For The People, always For Trash Himself.
    do you like brown s ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    racist Trash still ting on brown PR, and of course he knows all about PRs in NYC

Trump Tells Puerto Rico To Be Grateful To Him For Aid

Trump’s Florida rally featured an attack on the people of Puerto Rico who the president claimed was grateful to him for the aid.

Trump told his supporters in Florida,

“But you’re (racist white FL) getting your money one way or another,

and we’re not going to let anybody hold it up, and

I think the people of Puerto Rico are very grateful to Donald Trump for what we’ve done for them.”

Earlier in the rally,

Trump repeatedly complained that the people of Puerto Rico don’t like him, and the leaders on the island have criticized him.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/08/trump-tells-puerto-rico-to-be-grateful-to-him-for-aid.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicus +USA+%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-09-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Falsely Claims Puerto Rico Got $91 Billion in Aid: They ‘Are Very Grateful to Donald Trump’

“It has been allocated less than half of that, and

the president is treating a guesstimate as an established fact.

There may be valid reasons for the estimate,

though OMB has not explained them.

But there’s still no excuse for the president to cite the number as a solid figure.”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-falsely-claims-puerto-rico-got-91-billion-in-aid-they-are-very-grateful-to-donald-trump/

whatever the number, it wasn't enough and Dems are blocking aid to FL until there is more $Bs for PR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Territory is not the same as a US STATE
    BIG difference
    Yes, its true, Puerto Rico has US Reps but they're non-voting.

Puerto Ricans are permitted to move freely throughout the USA, to stay and live and work wherever they please.

Native Puerto Ricans are US citizens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist Repugs, under Trash, screwing PRs

Senate Democrats Demand Trump Administration Answer for 'Unconscionable' Delay of Puerto Rico Food Aid

"There are no excuses for this, and the Trump administration must act now to correct this tragic situation that they have caused."

a group of senators demanded to know why Puerto Rico still hasn't received the $600 million in emergency food stamp aid that Congress approved three weeks ago.

"In the wealthiest country in the history of the world,

it is unconscionable that the Trump administration is allowing the most vulnerable Puerto Ricans to struggle to make ends meet and put food on the table,"

The senators' letter (pdf) called on the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Office of Management and Budget to answer three questions:

• Has the USDA submitted a request to OMB to release the emergency funds? If not, why not?
    • Has OMB released the funds to USDA to distribute to Puerto Rico? If not, why not?
    • Does the government in Puerto Rico need to submit to USDA a new disaster plan or an amendment to the existing disaster plan?

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/27/senate-democrats-demand-trump-administration-answer-unconscionable-delay-puerto-rico

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Puerto Rico Just Became a Model for US. Puerto Rican News Reports that Rosello Will Resign.

Governor Rosello has been facing calls to resign from other politicians, celebrities, and Puerto Ricans themselves who have organized massive protests in the streets for days.

In addition to criticism for his handling of Puerto Rico and Trump after Hurricane Maria, protests and calls for resignation were spurred by

900 pages of leaked
    texts

published by
    The Center for Investigative Journalism.

The texts
    contained sexist and phobic slurs.

Insults and threats toward other politicians including San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, and

rude comments about the victims of Hurricane Maria.

There was also evidence of possible corruption and self-dealing.

The response from the people of Puerto Rico was strong, loud, and unrelenting. They stayed peaceful and faced threats and tear gas to protest Rosello.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/23/1873962/-How-Puerto-Rico-Just-Became-a-Model-for-US-Puerto-Rican-News-Reports-that-Rosello-Will-Resign?detail=emaildkre

Rosello resigning today.

Another reason, and wonderful istance why Trash HATES the truth-telling media and journalists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just need to send AOC there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trash going to continue screwing PRs because, as white male nationalist, he hates them and wants to punish them

Trump admin pulling millions from FEMA disaster relief to send to southern border

Combined with existing space, the funding would allow ICE to detain nearly 50,000 immigrants at one time.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-pulling-millions-fema-disaster-relief-send-southern-border-n1046691adf

Congress just voted him $4.6B for the border, why is he pilfering FEMA's funds in hurricane season?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^Looks like a snatch, with the clitoris above nestled in the wetness, unhooded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump attacks Puerto Rico in another unhinged Twitter outburst as island braces for first major storm

President Donald Trump branded Puerto Rico “one of the most corrupt places on earth” Wednesday as the US island braced for its first major storm since being ravaged by Hurricane Maria two years ago.

Trump has feuded continuously with the US territory in the wake of Maria, where he was widely accused of failing to bring sufficient help.

He says he did respond correctly and was never thanked properly. LIE

Trump decided to restoke the intensely personal row.

“Puerto Rico is one of the most corrupt places on earth.

Their political system is broken and

their politicians are either Incompetent or Corrupt,”
    he tweeted.

Trump complained that billions of dollars in previous aid had gone to

“Crooked Pols. No good!”

He ended the outburst by tweeting:

“And by the way, I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to Puerto Rico!”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/trump-attacks-puerto-rico-in-another-unhinged-twitter-outburst-as-island-braces-for-first-major-storm/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So good ol' Trash letting rip is PR racism. non-white, non-protestant, non-English speaking PRs? 'em

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump attacks Puerto Rico in another unhinged Twitter outburst as island braces for first major storm

President Donald Trump branded Puerto Rico “one of the most corrupt places on earth” Wednesday as the US island braced for its first major storm since being ravaged by Hurricane Maria two years ago.

Trump has feuded continuously with the US territory in the wake of Maria, where he was widely accused of failing to bring sufficient help.

He says he did respond correctly and was never thanked properly. LIE

Trump decided to restoke the intensely personal row.

“Puerto Rico is one of the most corrupt places on earth.

Their political system is broken and

their politicians are either Incompetent or Corrupt,”
    he tweeted.

Trump complained that billions of dollars in previous aid had gone to

“Crooked Pols. No good!”

He ended the outburst by tweeting:

“And by the way, I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to Puerto Rico!”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/trump-attacks-puerto-rico-in-another-unhinged-twitter-outburst-as-island-braces-for-first-major-storm/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So good ol' Trash letting rip is PR racism. non-white, non-protestant, non-English speaking PRs? 'em

The wife had sent word ahead at the first:::"When you hit him, he's going to hit back 10x harder."

That piss pot Mayor found that out.

His regrets are his own. I've no sympathy for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HUD Secretary Ben Carson has been illegally withholding aid to Puerto Rico for months

The Department of Housing and Urban Development, under Ben Carson, had a legally required deadline back in September to make desperately needed hurricane relief funding available to the suffering American island.

The housing agency was supposed to issue funding notices to 18 states and territories affected by hurricanes on Sept. 4.

They did so with one exception: Puerto Rico.

Donald Trump and Ben Carson are refusing to release the aid in direct opposition to the congressional mandate.

HUD officials even told the House Appropriations subcomittee that they just won’t do it.

Not only did HUD officials admit that they are willfully defying the law, but

they
    also admitted that they have “no statutory authority” to miss such a deadline.

So why are they doing it?

Because laws don’t matter in Trumpland, and

Trump hates Puerto Rico.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/12/7/1904072/-Ben-Carson-has-been-illegally-withholding-aid-to-Puerto-Rico-for-months?detail=emaildkre

impeach Trash and Carson for violating the law

Thread Information