Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I'm not debating his historical validity. Or disputing Dirk's talent level. I'm saying personally IMO, I'd rather have Joe Johnson from the ages of 27-31 than I would Dirk from 31-35. Is that really so insane?
    No, it's not. It would be insane to say you'd rather have Dirk past his prime.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lmfao @ Joe Johnson being a better basketball player than Dirk.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    lmfao @ Joe Johnson being a better basketball player than Dirk.
    right now it's not even close, in 2 years JJ will be a better player.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    My team wouldn't. I'm pretty sure NOH wouldn't. I'm pretty sure Portland wouldn't. Or Orlando. Atlanta might, but then again maybe not? JJ for Dirk? I'd pass. Miami wouldn't. If I thought harder I could come up with more.
    Agreed.

Miami would not trade Dwyane Wade for Dirk.

New Orleans would not trade Chris Paul for Dirk.

Orlando would not trade Dwight Howard for Dirk.

Portland wouldn't trade Brandon Roy for Dirk, not necessarily because Roy is better, but also because they have a couple of very good bigs. The trade-off isn't worth it. They'd probably trade Aldridge for Dirk though.

I don't think Minnesota would trade Al Jefferson for Dirk. Again, not necessarily because Al is better. He may or may not be, but considering the rest of the team isn't very good and Dirk wouldn't automatically make them contenders, better to keep the younger guy who will be good for many more years.

I think for the same reasons, Oklahoma City wouldn't trade Kevin Durant for Dirk.

I think it's a toss-up whether Toronto would trade Chris Bosh for Dirk. They might, but in no way would it be a certainty.

Utah may or may not trade Deron for Dirk. I think that would be a tough decision for them.

That's almost half the league. Now, I like Dirk. I still think he's right around a top 10 player in the league. But, he isn't an untouchable player anymore like he was a couple years ago.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Utah would no way in trade Deron for Dirk......Okur and Dirk would play horrible together.

BLACK MAMBA & TRU WARIER. j-money24's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe, Gasol, Bynum alone i would not trade for dirk, im not saying gasol and bynum are better than dirk but dirk is past his prime and bynum is 21 years future all star and gasol best years are coming now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kobe, Gasol, Bynum alone i would not trade for dirk, im not saying gasol and bynum are better than dirk but dirk is past his prime and bynum is 21 years future all star and gasol best years are coming now.
    stupidest ever. if you had dirk, gasol, and kobe, that is a guaranteed 3-4 les right there. there is no guarantee with bynum

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Kobe might have something to say if LA turned down bynum for Dirk.

BLACK MAMBA & TRU WARIER. j-money24's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that might be true..
    i would rather have kobe, dirk and gasol but i dont think the lakers would trade bynum for a 30+ year old player

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    stupidest ever. if you had dirk, gasol, and kobe, that is a guaranteed 3-4 les right there. there is no guarantee with bynum
    Bynum's defense is worlds better than Dirk.

People don't realize what kind of potential Bynum has. You do realize he was averaging 25/16 the two weeks before he got hurt right? 25 and 16 with extremely good defense at 21 years old. The Lakers would not trade him for a rapidly declining and aging jumpshooter when they have a dynasty in the works.

Trade Bynum for Dirk and the Lakers defense becomes worse. Dirk is a volume shooter that needs the ball in his hands. I'd rather that ball be in Kobe's hand with him setting up Gasol and Bynum. On nights Dirk decides to go into choke mode and shoots 4-13 with putrid defense he brings nothing of value to the Lakers. Even on nights when Bynum sturggles offensively, at least he'll bring consistent interior defense.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That trio would be a dynasty

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That trio would be a dynasty
    Sorry to burst your bubble. KGB already has incoming

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not as long as...
    1. Bynum is in street clothes more than not
    2. Derek Fisher is running the point
    3. Sasha Vuia is on the team
    4. Josh Powell is getting rotation minutes
    5. The Boston Three Party exists

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This trade straight up talk is dumb though.

I probably wouldn't trade Bynum for Dirk either if I was the Lakers. It's just a bad mix, Gasol/Dirk is not an adequate defensive frontline.

I don't think Bynum will ever become better than Dirk as a player, but Bynum can be a 16/10 Top 5 center and great defensive anchor. Stuff doesn't grow on trees.

But say if I was the Thunder, I wouldn't trade Durant for Bryant or Duncan either. It'll take 3-4 years for the Thunder to have the pieces in place and by then Durant would be a better player than Bryant, IMO. Maybe I'm overrating Durant, but I don't think so. He's got a lot of stuff to add to his already beautiful game whereas Kobe is 30, and Duncan is 32.

I wouldn't even trade Durant for Whistle the or CP3.

FWIW, I don't think Joe Johnson will be better than Dirk in 2 years. Again, Dirk's style will prevent him from having steep decline in his game barring further injury, and Johnson is 27 and likely has already peaked out. I wouldn't trade Johnson for Dirk straight up either, but not because Dirk is an inferior player.

But all of this is dumb, the bottom line is the 2006 Finals were rigged and thus Dirk is a 2006 NBA Champion and 2007 MVP. He may have exited his prime, but it was a beautiful prime indeed.

The only player who every other team would probably swap their best player for straight up is Lebron James.

The Greatest Show on Earth LakeShow's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fail!

It's never a guarantee with the soft german on your team. I wouldn't trade anyone for Dirk either. Who in the needs a 7footer that plays on the perimeter. Who would he guard? That would give the Lakers a weakness, when they have none with the others. PASS

Que: Rocket Fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is not past his prime. He's got no injury problems, still got lift in his legs and he can still run with the best of them.
    The reason he is underperforming can be laid down squarely at himself, and in part at Cuban. The Mavs used to have a coach that made Dirk the focal point of everything they did, demanded Dirk to play defense, and to lead both on offense and defense.
    The problem is that Dirk didn't like to be yelled at when he ed up. He would rather have fun and lose than accept responsibility and win. He would rather run and outscore opponents, rather than defend and make it a grind it out game.
    So he went to buddy buddy Cuban, and told him to get rid of said coach. And Cuban was happy to make his buddy happy.

Even if Avery had to go, Carslile was simply not the answer. Another demanding coach was the right answer, however that would have probably forced Dirk to leave.

I think Dirk can still give you a lot if you force him to. I think his wishes of being lazy on defense and having fun are being accommodated, and this is the result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to burst your bubble. KGB already has incoming
    Yeah..they've been saying the Lakers are going to win every since Shaq left..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bynum's defense is worlds better than Dirk.

People don't realize what kind of potential Bynum has. You do realize he was averaging 25/16 the two weeks before he got hurt right? 25 and 16 with extremely good defense at 21 years old. The Lakers would not trade him for a rapidly declining and aging jumpshooter when they have a dynasty in the works.
    Win another le with this edition of the Lakers first before you start throwing around the D word.

First of all, the Lakers have more than enough offense, so there's no need to trade for Dirk. But he would've been just as good, if not a better option than Gasol, had he been available in a salary dump. Dirk kicked Pau's teeth in the only time they met in the playoffs in a 4-5 matchup, and Gasol had a pretty decent supporting cast in his best Memphis years.

I like Bynum, but he's never going to be a franchise center. The Lakers can win a le this year without him. I do recall that Kobe did whine in a Ralph's parking lot about the need to trade him for an experienced veteran. And when that didn't happen, he demanded a trade and listed Dallas as one of his preferred destinations, along with Chicago and Phoenix. And he didn't ask to go to Big D so he could play with Josh Howard and Jason Terry.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just thought about that, could you imagine Gasol and Dirk going up against Boston? Howard? Shaq and Amare? Duncan and Gooden? even Duncan and Bonner. That would be a terrible combination.

Dirk would be perfect as a 6th man. Instant offense off the bench. I'd give up Farmar and Walton for him.

Veteran ManuTim_best of Fwiendz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what happened to Dirk this year, he's seemed to regress into being more one dimensional lately. I think it's just a bad season.

He was pretty ty in crunch time against the Lakers yesterday. Stupid forced shots, poor rebounding, poor facilitator.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Win another le with this edition of the Lakers first before you start throwing around the D word.

First of all, the Lakers have more than enough offense, so there's no need to trade for Dirk. But he would've been just as good, if not a better option than Gasol, had he been available in a salary dump. Dirk kicked Pau's teeth in the only time they met in the playoffs in a 4-5 matchup, and Gasol had a pretty decent supporting cast in his best Memphis years.

I like Bynum, but he's never going to be a franchise center. The Lakers can win a le this year without him. I do recall that Kobe did whine in a Ralph's parking lot about the need to trade him for an experienced veteran. And when that didn't happen, he demanded a trade and listed Dallas as one of his preferred destinations, along with Chicago and Phoenix. And he didn't ask to go to Big D so he could play with Josh Howard and Jason Terry.
    No disrespect Findog but when asked if the Lakers should trade for Dirk when Shaq left to play along side him, Kobe said, Dirk? I don't want to play with Dirk.

When players are posturing for contracts, they'll say anything.

I can't wait until Shaq leaves and starts clowning Nash.
    Last edited by LakeShow; 03-16-2009 at 08:06 PM.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don't think that will happen.....I think he'll be clowning Amare.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No disrespect Findog but when asked if the Lakers should trade for Dirk when Shaq left to play along side him, Kobe said, Dirk? I don't want to play with Dirk.

When players are posturing for contracts, they'll say anything.

So you don't keep up with your team's player. Because Findog was correct.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think that will happen.....I think he'll be clowning Amare.
    It will happen. He was one of the ones to say that Nash didn't deserve the awards he won and he already made a comment about Nash not playing defense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you don't keep up with your team's player. Because Findog was correct.
    Never said Findog was wrong. I said players will say anything posturing for contracts. Kobe made that statement to one of the announcers while doing an interview. I can't find it or back it up so you can call me a liar, but I was there and heard it out his own mouth.

Thread Information