My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you can call me a liar
    ok, I will. Liar.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It will happen. He was one of the ones to say that Nash didn't deserve the awards he won and he already made a comment about Nash not playing defense.
    That's true....I've gotta agree there.....lets just say he'll clown on both.

Agreed.

I think it's a toss-up whether Toronto would trade Chris Bosh for Dirk. They might, but in no way would it be a certainty.
    I wouldn't trade Bosh for Dirk at this point of their careers. Bosh is more versatile, more physical, and a better defensive player.

The Mavs should have taken a Shaq for Dirk deal a few years ago... that might have netted the Mavs a ring but Cuban was too dumb to take advantage of the situation. On the other hand, good thing that Lakers didn't, it gave them Pau Gasol eventually however indirectly.

I don't think the Lakers would trade Pau Gasol for Dirk right now either. Regardless of what Dirk homers would say, the Lakers will laugh at a straight-up trade between the two players.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    and why the would the Mavs want Paulina for Dirk? We all saw Pau in Memphis. No other comments on that needed.

I agree that Dirk is declining. He has had more stinkers this season than normal. His effort on D and rebounding is inconsistent.

To say that Dirk just wants to have "fun" and doesn't want to play hard is bull . Dirk and Terry work their ass off all season so the Mavs can have a playoff seed. Even if just for a quick first round sweep.

Dirk would be the best second option on any team. Right now, he has to carry about 80-90% of the offensive load AND play respectable D AND be active on the boards every game just for the Mavs to have a CHANCE to win the game. Knowledgable fans acknowledge that Dirk at this point in his career cannot carry that load consistently, especially with such a ty supporting cast. Dumb s will point to his bad games and crawl away during the majority of the games when Dirk has almost single-handedly won for the Mavs.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Declining is such a harsh word! It implies that Dirk is like falling off the map or something.

I guess it's appropriate.

It's not surprising. He's 30. He's playing at a very high level. Still a top 10 NBA player in my opinion.

Most 30 YO's won't be as good as they were when they were 27-28.

He can be the best player on a contending team only in the same way KG was the best player on the Celtics last year. Need a lot of D, need multiple stars, need a bench, etc.

But it's hard to emulate that situation. We don't have the resources to bring in a Ray Allen type or a Paul Pierce type of player.

The Kamans, Wallaces, B Diddys and Carters of this world are good players, but you need more than these class of players to win a le IMO.

I can't even think of a great player that's stranded on a ty team right now that would be available in the offseason. I'm not talking about good players, i'm talking about great plaers.

I just hope Dirk can one day find the ring he deserves from 2006. Whether it's as the guy or as a secondary option. he deserves it.

The Greatest Show on Earth LakeShow's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ok, I will. Liar.
    Fair enough.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

First of all, the Lakers have more than enough offense, so there's no need to trade for Dirk. But he would've been just as good, if not a better option than Gasol, had he been available in a salary dump. Dirk kicked Pau's teeth in the only time they met in the playoffs in a 4-5 matchup, and Gasol had a pretty decent supporting cast in his best Memphis years.
    Gasol is a better number 2 than Dirk, that much is obvious. Gasol complements Kobe in ways Dirk never could (see: Low post scoring, finishing around the basket, better passing). Dirk demands too many touches to play the next to Kobe. They would stilll be a killer duo, just not as good defensively or as efficient on the offensive end.

I like Bynum, but he's never going to be a franchise center. The Lakers can win a le this year without him. I do recall that Kobe did whine in a Ralph's parking lot about the need to trade him for an experienced veteran
    Kobe was wrong. And guess what, did the Lakers win the le without Bynun last season? Thought so. You do realize the Lakers were the number 1 seed with a 20 year old Bynum as their 2nd option, right? Bynum was a much more impressive 20 year old than Dirk ever was.

Bynum has the potential to be a 'franchise center' but even if he isn't, if he can put up 18/10 with good defense that's more than enough Kobe needs the next 6-8 years.

And when that didn't happen, he demanded a trade and listed Dallas as one of his preferred destinations, along with Chicago and Phoenix. And he didn't ask to go to Big D so he could play with Josh Howard and Jason Terry.
    He also listed New York. Surely he just wanted to play next to Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Gasol is a better number 2 than Dirk, that much is obvious.
    How the would you know that? Dirk has never been a number 2. The only thing that's obvious is that Dirk is a better number 1 than Gasol ever was.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    How the would you know that?
    Because 21 Palins doesn't know basketball existed prior to the Gasol trade.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The only thing that's obvious is that Dirk is a better number 1 than Gasol ever was.
    totally agreed
    Pau Gasol had never won a game in the post season during the past years he spent in memphis, which is even more embarrassing than tmac's virginity of second round IMHO.

totally agreed
    Pau Gasol had never won a game in the post season during the past years he spent in memphis, which is even more embarrassing than tmac's virginity of second round IMHO.
    I will bet that Pau will win at least one ring with the Lakers and it will more than Dirk or his fans will be able to say.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I will bet that Pau will win at least one ring with the Lakers and it will more than Dirk or his fans will be able to say.
    and unless he does that as the best player, it will mean nothing in a Dirk vs. Gasol argument.

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see no difference in him in games I see of him in recent times. He is same as always just that he is not the same 3 point shooter he once was.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DJ Mbenga > Dirk is basically what you're saying.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What's with the resurge surge of laker fan stupidity?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When had it ever subsided?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DJ Mbenga > Dirk is basically what you're saying.
    Michael ing Doleac > Dirk Nowitzki

Brian Goddamn Scalabrine > Dirk Nowitzki

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    21 Palins showed up.

The Greatest Show on Earth LakeShow's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He also listed New York. Surely he just wanted to play next to Jamal Crawford and Stephon Marbury
    Don't forget the Clippers. He really took them for a ride. Had them moving games to Anaheim.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How the would you know that? Dirk has never been a number 2. The only thing that's obvious is that Dirk is a better number 1 than Gasol ever was.
    Both have zero rings as the number 1. The only obvious thing though was that Dirk had a better team around him and he still choked in the 1st round to a ing 8 seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Both have zero rings as the number 1. The only obvious thing though was that Dirk had a better team around him and he still choked in the 1st round to a ing 8 seed.
    Neither does Kobe

Dirk elevated those Mavs teams. You act like they were stocked with all-NBA talent. Josh Howard and Jason Terry as the sidekicks and ERick Dampier as the starting center is not supposed to win a championship but that's exactly what beloved Dirk did in 2006 (don't GIVE me the ring less bull , everyone knows the shady cir stances).

Dirk has always been better than Gasol, it's indisputable through statistics and through the goddam eyeball test. and I like Gasol's game.

It's amazing what playing alongside the 2nd best SG of all time will do to a player's reputation.

You can't say 0-12 in the playoffs is the same as winning a championship if not for the worst officiated Finals in NBA history.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You know you've gone overboard with being a re when you make a case for Pau Gasol is better than Dirk.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Both have zero rings as the number 1.
    Neither does Kobe
    LOL Ghazi owned the out of you on that one.

We all know what Dirk did as #1... pair him with Kobe, or Lebron, or even Wade, he'll be #2 at best. Dirk as #1 will never lead a team to a le. Book it!!!!

I'll bet Kobe will get his first this year. $100. Any taker? Send me a PM.
    Last edited by aka_USAPA; 03-17-2009 at 02:36 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll bet Kobe will get his first this year. $100. Any taker? Send me a PM.
    When I refuse to pay, will you threaten to sue me?

Thread Information