Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Would you rather have Gasol than Wade? I mean, Gasol shoots a higher % than Wade.

How about Emeka Okafor over Dirk? I mean, Okafor shoots a higher % and gets more points in paint.
    Now you're reaching, but I might take Okafor if he could stay healthy for a long period of time. I guess I fail to see the value in Dirk's game. Tell me what I'm missing. He's a great scorer, shot maker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're reaching, but I might take Okafor if he could stay healthy for a long period of time. I guess I fail to see the value in Dirk's game. Tell me what I'm missing. He's a great scorer, shot maker.
    You are underrating how good of a scorer he is. He not only can spread the floor all the way out to 3, but he can score inside and off of an array of moves and dribble/shots.

He is a match-up nightmare and makes the game easier for everyone. No, he does not impact the game defensively, but he is a very good rebounder and you always have to know where he is at.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I'm talking about if you started a team and took Pau over Dirk.
    Oh. Well, Memphis were pretty good under Hubie Brown. They couldn't win a playoff game, but they weren't overly talented in the first place. I just think its easier to neutralize a player like Dirk in the playoffs than a guy who can play in the post since they can draw double teams and pass to the open guy, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that would consider taking Okafor over Dirk is not thinking.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh. Well, Memphis were pretty good under Hubie Brown. They couldn't win a playoff game, but they weren't overly talented in the first place.
    They had 6 guys who averaged double digits. Not winning a playoff game in 3 series falls on Gasol's shoulders.

I just think its easier to neutralize a player like Dirk in the playoffs than a guy who can play in the post since they can draw double teams and pass to the open guy, etc.

Really? Look up Dirk's and Gasol's playoff averages, and then tell me that.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    You are underrating how good of a scorer he is. He not only can spread the floor all the way out to 3, but he can score inside and off of an array of moves and dribble/shots.

He is a match-up nightmare and makes the game easier for everyone. No, he does not impact the game defensively, but he is a very good rebounder and you always have to know where he is at.
    See Mavs fan, this is what I wanted. Now I have it. Dirk is a nightmare to matchup offensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

He was the best player on a championship team bro.

His efficiency is down this year in part due to age but how about the surrounding talent as well? Shooting %'s naturally go down when you take more shots, he's taking 20 shots per game this year. The Mavs spacing isn't as good as it was in recent years as well due to decreased shooting and slashing which somewhat hinders Dirk and forces lesser quality shots, JMO.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He was the best player on a championship team bro.

His efficiency is down this year in part due to age but how about the surrounding talent as well? Shooting %'s naturally go down when you take more shots, he's taking 20 shots per game this year. The Mavs spacing isn't as good as it was in recent years as well due to decreased shooting and slashing which somewhat hinders Dirk and forces lesser quality shots, JMO.

That's fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP:
    22 ppg
    50% from field
    79% from FT
    7 ast
    3 reb
    2.5 TO
    34 MPG

Deron:
    19 ppg
    47% from the field
    84% from the FT
    10.6 ast
    3 reb
    3.5 TO
    37 MPG

I have not done the PER or per minute stats, but I am willing to bet they are favorable for TP

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    TP: Deron:
    22 ppg 19 ppg
    50% from field 47% from field
    79% from FT 84% from FT
    7 ast 10.6 ast
    3 reb 3 reb
    2.5 TO 3.5 TO
    34 MPG 37 MPG

I have not done the PER or per minute stats, but I am willing to bet they are favorable for TP
    They're clearly favorable for Parker. In fact, Williams is actually 5th. The weird thing is Devin Harris is number 2 ahead of Parker while Jameer Nelson is number 4. I think Parker is very underrated. He's really awesome. I think D-Will is too when you watch him play. He was amazing late against Phoenix last night. He has shooting guard skills. Not sure if he has the vision on the floor of Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Parker > Paul

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Okafor>Dirk and TP>Deron.
    ing moron forum.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Marks > Dirk

How's my ass taste Dirk?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Dude, you're the king of meltdowns. You're gonna have a stroke at your age.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    is dirk even playing in the 2nd half? He has completely disappeared. How can you go up 15 & then be down 20+ so quick. If there is a depressed billionaire in this country, then he's sitting behind the mavs bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is clearly the best PG. I just think the lines get blurred between who is 2nd, Deron or TP. No one has been able to come up with any valid argument except for "pfffffffff" or "moron forum" or "I won't even begin".

Those do not seem like valid arguments and I just find it alarming that Deron (as good as he is) is gifted franchise player status and TP is "clearly not" when you cannot come up with any evidence that Deron is clearly above TP???

But I guess if trying to compare a young, Finals MVP PG to a PG that has made it to the second round is out of line, then I apologize

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Paul is clearly the best PG. I just think the lines get blurred between who is 2nd, Deron or TP. No one has been able to come up with any valid argument except for "pfffffffff" or "moron forum" or "I won't even begin".

Those do not seem like valid arguments and I just find it alarming that Deron (as good as he is) is gifted franchise player status and TP is "clearly not" when you cannot come up with any evidence that Deron is clearly above TP???

But I guess if trying to compare a young, Finals MVP PG to a PG that has made it to the second round is out of line, then I apologize
    He might not respond anytime soon. Its possible he's stroking out on us right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    You're gonna have a stroke at your age.
    Dude... You're sitting here trying to say that Deron doesn't have the court vision of Tony ing Parker. I'm sorry if it offends you, but that's a ing moronic take. Plain and simple.

TP's a nice player, he can't shoot the three like Deron, he can't defend half as good as Deron, he can't come even somewhat close to handling the ball or passing like Deron, he has no post game, he can't shoot inside the arc as well as Deron unless it's in the paint. He can't take people off the dribble like Deron.

The only ing thing he has on Deron Williams is speed and license to shoot whenever he wants because the Spurs don't have else to score for them. You think Deron would only be averaging 22 points a game if he was the Jazz only scorer? GMAFB.

There was a poll a month ago. Paul or Williams. It was damn close. 100 people answered and two, count it- two people (you two if I remember right) were the ONLY ones who started talking about Parker. And then a bunch of Spurs fans, (Spurs fans!), told you to pull your heads out your asses. I'll say it again, moron forum.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Dude... You're sitting here trying to say that Deron doesn't have the court vision of Tony ing Parker. I'm sorry if it offends you, but that's a ing moronic take. Plain and simple.

TP's a nice player, he can't shoot the three like Deron, he can't defend half as good as Deron, he can't come even somewhat close to handling the ball or passing like Deron, he has no post game, he can't shoot inside the arc as well as Deron unless it's in the paint. He can't take people off the dribble like Deron.

The only ing thing he has on Deron Williams is speed and license to shoot whenever he wants because the Spurs don't have else to score for them. You think Deron would only be averaging 22 points a game if he was the Jazz only scorer? GMAFB.

There was a poll a month ago. Paul or Williams. It was damn close. 100 people answered and two, count it- two people (you two if I remember right) were the ONLY ones who started talking about Parker. And then a bunch of Spurs fans, (Spurs fans!), told you to pull your heads out your asses. I'll say it again, moron forum.
    Parker can score effectively when he penetrates. He should have a license to shoot because he shoots a higher FG%. I believe he shoots a higher percentage in the lane. Parker knows how to finish. He's a Finals MVP too.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    We should have a poll on Parker and Williams.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    And BTW, Hornet78, you've proven yourself time and again to be about the most clueless poster on this board when to comes to NBA basketball. And I don't say that to be a to you, but man, routinely, you post just god awful ridiculous takes. You know nothing about ball. You're a wannabe NBA fan who obviously just picked this game up and clearly, you're having a of a hard time wrapping your mind around it. Do yourself a favor, get a league pass subscription for a couple years and then come back and try to box. Cause right now, buddy, your arms are far too short and it shows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is not as good of passer, but he is better than you give him credit for.

TP is a much better defender than you give him credit for, and size alone does not make Deron a lock down defender. TP has extremely good handles and his inside the arc jumper is just as reliable as Deron's. Deron has a couple of good spots on the floor, but TP is pretty consistent from all spots. Just look at the NBA Hot spots: http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

Is this a joke that TP cannot take people off the dribble as good as Deron? TP murders people off the dribble, it is not even close. How do you think he gets into the paint. Deron does not dominate any aspect of offense (although he is above average on many things), TP is the BEST finisher for a PG and that impacts the game hugely.

TP has a few things on Deron that I already mentioned. TP has just as much license to shoot as Deron. Duncan does not score? Ginobili does not score? Spurs don't have 2 of the top 10 3 point % shooters this year? You are not even taking into consideration that the Spurs pace is much lower than most teams and that TP plays less minutes than Deron.

If you are saying that no one else on the Spurs can score, than wouldn't teams focus on TP more? If that is the case and they are game planning, that makes TP's scoring more impressive. How many 30 point games for Deron? 40 point games? 50 point games?

There was a poll a month ago. Paul or Williams. It was damn close. 100 people answered and two, count it- two people (you two if I remember right) were the ONLY ones who started talking about Parker. I'll say it again, moron forum.
    It is close, but if you look at TP's winning impact during the season and in the playoffs, along with the year he has had, you have to throw him in the mix.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    believe he shoots a higher percentage in the lane.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Good job. Of course he does. That's it.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    And BTW, Hornet78, you've proven yourself time and again to be about the most clueless poster on this board when to comes to NBA basketball. And I don't say that to be a to you, but man, routinely, you post just god awful ridiculous takes. You know nothing about ball. You're a wannabe NBA fan who obviously just picked this game up and clearly, you're having a of a hard time wrapping your mind around it. Do yourself a favor, get a league pass subscription for a couple years and then come back and try to box. Cause right now, buddy, your arms are far too short and it shows.
    The only thing you know about is the Jazz that's all you routinely talk about it. When it comes to any other topic, you don't have a clue.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Duncan does not score? Ginobili does not score?
    Ummmmmmmmmm. One of them has bone on bone in his knees and the other's routinely missing 40 games a year. In case you haven't noticed.

And when it comes to taking people off the dribble thing, I'm not talking about TP putting his head down and gunning into the lane. I'm talking about changing the direction of his dribble (i.e. crossing people the up) and creating an outside shot for himself. TP has nothing on Deron when it comes to that.

Thread Information