Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Honestly, Ballijuana, you're so obsessed with the Jazz, it makes you blind when it comes to anyone else in the league. You can't handle any criticism when it comes to the Jazz because its true. You really think the Jazz will win a championship with this group?

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    The only thing you know about is the Jazz that's all you routinely talk about it. When it comes to any other topic, you don't have a clue.
    Bro, I've been watching about 20+ NBA games a week since I got League Pass in 2003.

I grew up watching Stockton and Malone from the age of 3 on up.

I watched NBA on NBC every weekend for a decade.

I have probably 4500+ basketball cards from the 90's.

I played ball in HS and until about a year ago played in 3 pickup games a week.

You just figured out who Chris Paul was, what? Six months ago?

Get the out.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I despise the Jazz with a passion, but I couldn't say with a straight face that Parker is better than Williams. If I were starting a team I would rather have Deron.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    You really think the Jazz will win a championship with this group?
    No clown. I don't. And I've been saying so since well before the season started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummmmmmmmmm. One of them has bone on bone in his knees and the other's routinely missing 40 games a year. In case you haven't noticed.

And when it comes to taking people off the dribble thing, I'm not talking about TP putting his head down and gunning into the lane. I'm talking about changing the direction of his dribble (i.e. crossing people the up) and creating an outside shot for himself. TP has nothing on Deron when it comes to that.
    Uhhh, yes he does. TP crosses people up all the time, do you watch him play? He weaves in and out of players like they are cones. He does it an extremely high speed as well. TP's speed and crossover allow him to get tons of space for his jumper all day long.

Ginobili is still averaging 16 points (he was the leading scorer last year) and as for the routinely missing "40" games, GTFO. Since he has been in the league (02-03) here is the games played: 69,77,74,65,75,74. Up to this year he has never missed anywhere close to 40 games and it shows you are just talking out of your arse.

Duncan, with his bone on bone is still scoring 20 ppg.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Bro, I've been watching about 20+ NBA games a week since I got League Pass in 2003.

I grew up watching Stockton and Malone from the age of 3 on up.

I watched NBA on NBC every weekend for a decade.

I have probably 4500+ basketball cards from the 90's.

I played ball in HS and until about a year ago played in 3 pickup games a week.

You just figured out who Chris Paul was, what? Six months ago?

Get the out.
    LOL, you really posted this nonsense? What a joke. This post is all you needed to show what a tool you are.

What's next, you're gonna tell me you got Mark Eaton's autograph when you were 7?

Or you read Greg Ostertag's autobiography on how to get -slapped by Shaq?

Or how you were cheering loudly when Malone elbowed Isiah in the face? Or even Joe Kline?

Good grief, this was a sad attempt to show the world how much "You Love This Game".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I despise the Jazz with a passion, but I couldn't say with a straight face that Parker is better than Williams. If I were starting a team I would rather have Deron.
    And I would not say you are wrong. But to scoff at TP in the conversation is just flat out wrong. He has too many accolades and has won too much to dismiss him, especially since he has gotten better.

Look at TP's playoff impact. You cannot tell me the overall talent for the Spurs has just been a ridiculous advantage over the Jazz recently, especially since almost every major basketball analyst picks the Jazz to beat the Spurs. Yet Deron has not led the Jazz to anything spectacular yet.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Uhhh, yes he does. TP crosses people up all the time, do you watch him play? He weaves in and out of players like they are cones. He does it an extremely high speed as well. TP's speed and crossover allow him to get tons of space for his jumper all day long.

Ginobili is still averaging 16 points (he was the leading scorer last year) and as for the routinely missing "40" games, GTFO. Since he has been in the league (02-03) here is the games played: 69,77,74,65,75,74. Up to this year he has never missed anywhere close to 40 games and it shows you are just talking out of your arse.

Duncan, with his bone on bone is still scoring 20 ppg.
    Of course he doesn't watch Parker play. He even admitted recently he had barely seen CP3 play. He only watches the Jazz.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    And not to knock either of them [manu, TD]. I still have Timmy as the single best PF in the league and when he's healthy, Manu scares the out me. I don't want the Jazz to play them. But we just have to be real about the reality of their injuries and just how much opportunity TP is left with as a result.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And I would not say you are wrong. But to scoff at TP in the conversation is just flat out wrong. He has too many accolades and has won too much to dismiss him, especially since he has gotten better.

Look at TP's playoff impact. You cannot tell me the overall talent for the Spurs has just been a ridiculous advantage over the Jazz recently, especially since almost every major basketball analyst picks the Jazz to beat the Spurs. Yet Deron has not led the Jazz to anything spectacular yet.
    Tony Parker is a soldier of that there is no doubt. I think he may be the most fearless player in the NBA as much as he hits the floor getting into the paint. The reason I chose Deron Williams is because I think he is a great point guard that can score. Parker is more of a scorer with good point guard skills. Does that make any sense? I just think Deron is a better floor general.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Of course he doesn't watch Parker play. He even admitted recently he had barely seen CP3 play. He only watches the Jazz.
    What the ever man. The only team you'd EVER seen before this season or last was the Saints.

And I don't watch the Hornets because I'm usually busy watching the Hawks, Cavs, Lakers and Jazz. Well that... and I don't enjoy watching made little gots like Chris Paul and David West. No matter how good they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And not to knock either of them [manu, TD]. I still have Timmy as the single best PF in the league and when he's healthy, Manu scares the out me. I don't want the Jazz to play them. But we just have to be real about the reality of their injuries and just how much opportunity TP is left with as a result.
    I see what you are saying, TP has stepped up his scoring, but the Spurs are a team that make a living off of sharing the ball. TP has had to step up, but that is not a knock on him. Look at where the Spurs are at. I know the Jazz are the only team in the West that have had as much injuries as the Spurs, especially to key players, but TP has to get some credit, as much as Williams, for getting the Spurs to the 2nd seed.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    What the ever man. The only team you'd EVER seen before this season or last was the Saints.

And I don't watch the Hornets because I'm usually busy watching the Hawks, Cavs, Lakers and Jazz. Well that... and I don't enjoy watching made little gots like Chris Paul and David West. No matter how good they are.
    The Jazz are entertaining to watch, when they're at home.

I used to routinely watch the Jazz lose to the Lakers in the 80s. Good times with Showtime.

Also watched the Jazz blow a 9 point lead in Game 6 against the Bulls.

At least the Jazz won a game against the Spurs two years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker is a soldier of that there is no doubt. I think he may be the most fearless player in the NBA as much as he hits the floor getting into the paint. The reason I chose Deron Williams is because I think he is a great point guard that can score. Parker is more of a scorer with good point guard skills. Does that make any sense? I just think Deron is a better floor general.
    Yes it makes sense. I just feel that TP is harder to gauge because he plays with Tim. It leads people to under value him. Certain systems, TP is better, certain systems would be better suited to have Deron running the show.

But in my mind it is not: 1) CP3 2) Deron 3) Tony. I would have it 1)CP3 2) TP 2a) Deron. But I would be ok with someone else having Deron as 2 and TP as 2a.

My point is that if Deron is considered a "franchise player", then TP has to be in there and there is no solid argument that Deron is enough ahead of TP that he could be considered a no questions asked "franchise player" and TP not be.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

Dude, i know more about sports than you can ever dream. The only thing you have on me is Jazz, but that's all. When it comes to anything else, you're impotent, just like the Jazz on the road. Speaking of impotence, you're at that age. Need me to prescribe something for you?

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Look, I like TP. I think he is a great player for you guys. I'd have him as the 3rd best PG in the league. Especially this year. I agree that he deserves plenty of credit. There's plenty of players who couldn't carry a franchise like he's done. He's put this team on his back and his game today is light years ahead of where it was when he didn't have a jumpshot.

It's just, man, it's really hard for me to swallow a TP>Deron argument. And maybe it is because I'm being a homer. That's definitely the reason I'm so passionate about it. But I can honestly say, with as an objective opinion as I think I can muster, Tony Parker is not as good a point guard as Deron Williams. And , I think almost 95% of NBA fans would agree with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I like TP. I think he is a great player for you guys. I'd have him as the 3rd best PG in the league. Especially this year. I agree that he deserves plenty of credit. There's plenty of players who couldn't carry a franchise like he's done. He's put this team on his back and his game today is light years ahead of where it was when he didn't have a jumpshot.

It's just, man, it's really hard for me to swallow a TP>Deron argument. And maybe it is because I'm being a homer. That's definitely the reason I'm so passionate about it. But I can honestly say, with as an objective opinion as I think I can muster, Tony Parker is not as good a point guard as Deron Williams. And , I think almost 95% of NBA fans would agree with me.

That is where TP being under valued comes into play. I know that you are right, and that 95% would say that. But when you challenge them to state why, and prove their stance, it would be increasingly difficult for them to do so.

It is not like when a Spurs fan says Manu > Kobe. You can make case after case after case that Kobe is better, you can prove it.

But with Deron > TP, I do not think you can.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    [/i][/b]

That is where TP being under valued comes into play. I know that you are right, and that 95% would say that. But when you challenge them to state why, and prove their stance, it would be increasingly difficult for them to do so.

It is not like when a Spurs fan says Manu > Kobe. You can make case after case after case that Kobe is better, you can prove it.

But with Deron > TP, I do not think you can.

The PER stat is great to determine statistical efficiency, but it doesn't determine how well a player defends. You have to watch alot of film to break down how well a player defends. Still, I think in the NBA, great players are noted for how well they do offensively.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said before, Dirk is ripe for the Spurs bench where he can get the necessary emotional support and coaching in order to perform to his potential.

In Dallas he will remain a choker forever.

chode bloooaaaded i said The 4cc Dictionary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right now it's not even close, in 2 years JJ will be a better player.
    oh boy!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yes he is.

My Team