Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    I agree completely. Now it's back to waiting for Davis to die. The question is, does he have a kid to pass the team to who would be just as crazy and egotistical?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Never should have let Lane Kiffin go. The results weren't there, yet but he was installing a system. There was a purpose to what he was doing. Now the Raiders have another Al Davis puppet with anger management issues, nothing is organized, there's no purpose, and all is breaking loose.

I really thought the Raiders were on their way back, but they're a bigger mess than ever before. Thank you for trading the Pats your 2011 1st rounder, that may be another top 5 pick.
    they should never have traded Jon Gruden. if they hadnt let him go, they would have had a superbowl ring that next year for sure, and they wouldnt be in the hole they are in now.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    they should never have traded Jon Gruden. if they hadnt let him go, they would have had a superbowl ring that next year for sure, and they wouldnt be in the hole they are in now.
    Yeah true, but even after the team turned into a mess, Kiffin had a solid plan to get the team out of that mess. Whether he succeeded is another question, but at least he knew what he was doing and where he wanted to go with the team. I don't think Tom Cable has the slightest idea what he's doing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    there was an interesting article, that the reason Al likes Cable so much is because Cable is willing to run the stupid offense and defense that Al likes so much, that worked back in the 70s, but no longer.

I liked Kiffin a lot too.

al needs to die

From what I heard, there was an immediate rift between Kiffin and Davis because Kiffin wanted Calvin but Al Davis forced him to take Russell. He might be an asshole, but Kiffin sure as is a way better talent evaluator than anyone on the Raiders' current coaching staff.

Post Count
    Never should have let Lane Kiffin go. The results weren't there, yet but he was installing a system. There was a purpose to what he was doing. Now the Raiders have another Al Davis puppet with anger management issues, nothing is organized, there's no purpose, and all is breaking loose.

I really thought the Raiders were on their way back, but they're a bigger mess than ever before. Thank you for trading the Pats your 2011 1st rounder, that may be another top 5 pick.

No , what a waste of a ing trade. But Al Davis fired Lane, not because of results, but because they were bumping heads. Davis has made the most bone headed moves in the history of the league.

Vince Young, who was a far better college QB than Russell, hadn't to any point been a successful QB in the NFL, and the Raiders draft Russell.

They give Javon Walker a huge contract for one good year he had in Green Bay years ago.

Signs DeAngelo Hall to another fat contract, only to release him.

Drafting Heyword Bey.

Continually missing on first rounders....Napoleon Harrison, Tyler Brayton, Robert Gallery, Fabian Washington, Micheal Huff, Russell, Bey...

Trades a very serviceable Randy Moss for a 4th rounder(The pats have continually raped this team ever since the tuck rule incident)

I predict his next worst move will be hiring Matt Millen to be his co-GM

I'm the greatest kamikazi_player's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol raiders have their own official thread? wtf is this ?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Continually missing on first rounders....Napoleon Harrison, Tyler Brayton, Robert Gallery, Fabian Washington, Micheal Huff, Russell, Bey...
    I didn't think that Gallery, Washington, and Huff were bad picks.

Gallery and Huff were both forced to play a position they werent used to, which messed them both up in their early years. Fortunately, they have been moved back to play where they should have been, and both players are actually looking very good. Unfortunately Gallery got hurt. But Huff has looked very solid this year.

Not sure on Washington either, but from what I hear, he has been very solid in Baltimore. I think the terrible offensive and defensive schemes of the Raiders make players look worse than they really are.

Stretch is right about bad schemes and position changes. They draft Gallery, move him to a position that requires a lot more speed and lateral quickness, he struggles. Poorly run teams do this far too often. The Cardinals draft Leonard Davis 2nd overall, move him to left tackle where he gets his beat constantly by quicker DEs during his miserable Cardinal career. The Cowboys sign him, move him to right guard, the position he played in college, and he's an all pro lineman his first year there.

It makes some sense, you draft a lineman with the 2nd overall pick, ideally you want a left tackle who will be protecting your QB's blind side for the next ten years, but if someone's never played left tackle before, throwing them in there expecting them to block Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Jared Allen, etc. every week, there are gonna be a lot of sacks, false starts, and holding penalties.

It applies to both football and basketball, but great coaches and well run teams have a system or scheme, and also know how to incorporate certain players into their scheme to make them succeed. I just feel bad for Raiders fans, cause Tom the Cable guy has no scheme, let alone a good scheme.
    Last edited by DUNCANownsKOBE2; 10-16-2009 at 01:13 PM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    lol raiders have their own official thread? wtf is this ?
    you should fulfill the destiny that your screen name has set out for you

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you should fulfill the destiny that your screen name has set out for you
    lol niners
    lol raiders

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm glad there isn't an official niners thread, Symple would be the only one posting in it lol.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you knows russel went home and celebrated with a deep fried cheeseburger

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    of a game, Raider Nation..thanks for beating the Iggles.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Eagles 34
    Raiders 10
    roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl
    Congrats on your win!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chaz is back this week!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Thanks for the update that Jamarcus Russell was bad

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update that Jamarcus Russell was bad
    You're welcome.

Get a friend, gs.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No need to bump this, they're the Vegas Raiders now. Meaning they go straight to Mandalay Bay and raid the place clean and don't stop there.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    No need to bump this, they're the Vegas Raiders now. Meaning they go straight to Mandalay Bay and raid the place clean and don't stop there.
    If Al Davis Sr. was alive he'd have them back in Oakland within the decade.

Grasping at straws.

You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you.

Thread Information