Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yea, you're probably gonna get popped if you get on xbl.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People who get caught are the people who don't install the patch on the CD's. I won't be that stupid.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Some black guy in South Central did it for me. All I have to do now is download the games from 360iso.com and burn them to burnt DVD's.
    Can you play retail games on a cracked system? When I worked for a major publisher our X360 debug kits (basically a 360 + more RAM + logging capabilities) had to be flashed to either play retail games or burned games. If it was set to play burned games, you couldn't play retail and vice versa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause I need a DVD buner. Ima eventually get one.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827135190

$20 + free shipping

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Can you play retail games on a cracked system? When I worked for a major publisher our X360 debug kits (basically a 360 + more RAM + logging capabilities) had to be flashed to either play retail games or burned games. If it was set to play burned games, you couldn't play retail and vice versa.
    You can play both on flashed Xboxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can play both on flashed Xboxes.
    Nice.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    bb, you should flash yours. Look it up on craigslist. Most of them are in the valley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bb, you should flash yours. Look it up on craigslist. Most of them are in the valley.
    Nah, I don't like pirated games unless they're just I cannot find anywhere (like arcade games or 8-bit Nintendo). To me $60 is cheap for an XBox360 game when dinky 8-bit Nintendo games that cost nothing to make were the same price (inflation-adjusted) in their day. I'd hate to see the console market dry up like the PC market has for years, due to piracy. There's too many great developers right now who I love supporting with my purchases: Valve, Infinity Ward, Bethesda, Rockstar, Epic, 2k Boston, 2k Sports, Treyarch, etc. If the industry ever gets filled with a bunch of EA's then I'll certainly feel different, but this is a golden age for gaming right now, and I'd hate to kill the goose.

I do like being able to take control of the hardware one purchases and owns though.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-29-2009 at 02:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mass Effect is pretty ing sweet. I'm not big into RPGs and I love it. I'd def. buy it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's awesome. Any recomendations?
    Dead Space.
    Do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mass Effect is good, just a lot of untapped potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't buy or rent star ocean
    what a ty rpg gives you like an hour intro on how to play the game

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Too late for me. I played through that intro and a few minutes of the actual game and haven't touched it since. Not cool.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked this game and I don't usually care for space setting games.

The fighting system is kind of mundane, and the planet hoping gets very repe ive but it's still a very cool game imo.

The PC Version crashes every 2 hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the intro was way too long, Star Ocean really shines as you get into it...as long as you pay absolutely no attention to any of the 10-45 minute cutscenes. I'm a big fan of this game, but if the battle system absolutely carried it. Endgame is good since there is little to no story and thus no cutscenes.

But its pretty embarrassing how bad the cutscenes are considering its from such a high-end publisher like Square-Enix. I played through the game (about 30-40hrs), paid very little attention to the story and had a good experience, plus they are skippable (but not pausable). Worth at least a rental if your not a JRPG or Star Ocean fan but beware its an acquired taste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why can't you skip cutscenes? That's re ed I'm tired of hearing this 12 year old kid with a 45 year old man's voice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played it, but I borrowed N4S ProStreet the other day and it sucks hard. I don't really care for racing games though really.

I need to pick up a new game to waste some time on. I'm thinking about Mass Effect, KZ1 or 2 I haven't played either. Bioshock, and Dead Space.

I want something with more than 8 hours of play time so I can pick it back up another day and such.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I am starting to get into Fallout again. I just hate how scarce ammo is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have issues with ammo, when you level up choose the perk or whatever it's called that will give you twice the ammo when you do find it. I wouldn't waste one of my first 10 levels on it though, the ones you pick from the start are pretty important.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picked up Mass Effect today for 15 bucks. Actually 2 cause I traded in Rainbow 6 for it. Going to check it out when I get home later tonight.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on my 3rd playthrough of Mass Effect currently. It plays just like a KotOR... but better. The combat system is actually perfect for me, because it mixes real time action with turn based strategy. By holding down the LB or RB you can freeze the action and either switch weapons or use biotics/techs depending on the problem at hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For 15 bucks you can't go wrong, but don't be a dumbass like me- use a class that can fire automatic rifles. I discovered my mistake too late.
    The weapons system is pretty evenly designed. I prefer using my pistol to the assault rifle because the damage is greater per shot and if you have the right mods to it and level your pistol use up, it has similar stopping power to the shotguns. Assault rifles are a good all around weapon... but being specialized in biotics/techs more than outweighs the problem of not being able to use them.

As you get achievements you also unlock certain bonuses... like extra xp, higher shields... even the option to add certain talents that wouldn't be available to them otherwise on your next playthrough.

I'm playing now as an Engineer and it's a lot more fun than when I was a soldier or sentinel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at one point I had over 500 rounds for my hunting rifle and over 5000 for the Chinese AR. I've never really had trouble finding ammo... and I never used the scavenger perk which lets you find more ammo. weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at one point I had over 500 rounds for my hunting rifle and over 5000 for the Chinese AR. I've never really had trouble finding ammo... and I never used the scavenger perk which lets you find more ammo. weird.
    I'm with you on that. I never really had any kind of problem finding any kind of ammo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One my last save, when I had that scavenger perk, I had a lot. This time, I took away all my luck stats, so I had no luck finding any. It was my mistake to get rid of all that luck though. I might just make a new character.

Thread Information