Jimcs50
    No way can Boston catch them now. Why do the Red Sox have to play Baltimore 7 of their last 10 games?

Baltimore has Boston's number. I do not know why they can not beat the Yankees, as I think their lineup is a much better hitting lineup than New Yorks, at least the stats back that up, with Baltimore being the only team in the majors with five .300+ hitters including the #2 hitter in the league( behind Ichiro) in Mora.

Brodels
    If Baltimore can add a frontline starter, another quality starter, and some bullpen help, they will be in the hunt next season.

It's hard to find good pitching unless you spend a tremendous amount of money. I'm not sure they're prepared to do that after breaking the bank for Tejada and Javy, but if they can pick up some pitching help, they'll be very good next year.

tlongII
    Jim, didn't you bet me 20 bucks that Boston would win the AL East?

Jimcs50
    tlong, perhaps, but I never pay my bets, so shag off!

Pooh
    Red Sox will take two of three from the Yankees this weekend. The division is still up for grabs.

tlongII
    The Red Sox have to sweep to have any semblance of a chance. Even then it most likely will not be enough.

Thread Information