Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    T Park Num 9
    Ive seen this show off and on, on FOX, and Cartoon Network, and this past weekend my fiance picked up seasons 1-3 on DVD.

This is easily one of the funniest shows in the history of TV.
    Cutting edge, fresh, hilarious comedy.

I noticed in the advertisement for FOX DVD's inside, advertiseing season 3 that it said, "3rd and final season"

My question is, why the did it go off the air?? Low ratings? Too racy or on the edge?

On another note, Ive gotta say, whoever did the writing, its similar to the Simpsons, but alot more mature comedy.

Stewie and Brian's parts are an absolute riot.

I dont know why someone like FX, or TNT, or someone, couldnt pay these guys to make new shows and bring more tot he table.

Any other huge fans of the show here?

bigzak25
    it's coming back this year...the reruns have been on cartoon channel for a while now, but i think the new episodes will be on fox too.....

why it stopped? who knows....has to be related to money somehow....

i agree though, it's a riot.

KoriEllis
    LJ has episodes of Family Guy downloaded on our computer. He thinks it's the funniest thing, but I've never watched it.

timvp
    I downloaded those like 4 years ago and haven't watched them in about 3 years but yeah, it was pretty funny from what I remember.

Jimcs50
    My young son likes the show a lot and has 2 seasons on DVD, but I am not into it.

Spurminator
    We have the first DVD as well.

Basically, FOX kept changing the timeslots/days the show ran, so it could never sustain a consistent audience. Additionally, Family Guy was a victim the fact that networks really have unrealistic expectations when it comes to ratings... audiences are drifting more and more towards cable.

Pooh
    Family Guy will be back next summer on Fox. I hope they also consider Futurama too.

iminlakerland
    Family guy rules. Just saw the Death visiting the family one the other day! Where lol he was supposed to kill the dawsons creek crew!

IcemanCometh
    Fox didn't own the rights to it. They didn't want it to spin out of control like the Simpsons did. No network will ever let a show they don't have creative control over suceed. Same thing they did to Futurama, The Tick ,etc. Thats the only reason the stupid King of the Hill is still on.

King Latifah
    I've heard it's actually starting up again in January. Reruns are every night on the cartoon network at 10 or 1030, and I believe they're on weekdays on TBS at some time.

T Park Num 9
    What Iceman says makes sense.

My favorites have to be where Peter gets lyposuction, Brian starts going to the shrink, and Brian heading out to get Stewie back from Palm Springs.

Pooh
    Can't leave out "Wish upon a Weinstien". It was actually banned from Fox.

DuffMcCartney
    Stupid show. Nothing but a rip off of The Simpsons.

TastesLikeChicken
    At one time was probably the most underrated show on TV. But the cartoon network reruns gained a huge amount of new fans and the demands for more episodes followed.

Now the challenge is creating new episodes that meet the expectations that the originals have set. Because if it comes back and Jumps the Shark a couple seasons into the new episodes it will be like a Jordan comeback, people will wish it had stayed retired because they don't like seeing what they once loved struggling with mediocrity.

TastesLikeChicken
    Duff, does your school have an ignorance class?

Jim will pay for it.

We can add this to the list of things Duff thinks sucks, right up there with Eric Gagne and Barry Bonds

DuffMcCartney
    I never said Barry Bonds sucks. You're thinking of T Park you dumb .

This show does suck...it's obvious that it rips off all the humor that made The Simpsons a classic in the first place. The formula is exactly the same...

Dumbass Dad (Homer)
    Mom that keeps the Dad from doing dumb ..(Marge)
    Dumbass Son(Bart)
    Smart Daughter(Lisa)
    Baby that is smarter than Dad and Son combined.(Maggie)

TastesLikeChicken
    That's the formula the simpsons stole from 30 or 40 sitcoms that came before it.

Formula's don't make a show funny. Nobody sits down and says "oh my god, what a funny formula!" It's the writing that makes or breaks a show, the Simpsons were successful because it was well written. And Family Guy will continue to be successful as long as quality writing remains the priority.

DuffMcCartney
    They also ripoff the humor that made The Simpsons funny. That's why Family Guy isn't funny. It's been done before..the same jokes, the same everything.

TastesLikeChicken
    Butters: They did that on the Simpsons! Ha! Treehouse of Horror! Episode 4F02! The Genesis tub. Lisa loses a tooth, and the bacteria on it start to grow, and makes a little society, and they build a statue of her thinking she's God! Ha! Hahaha!

Cartman: ...So?

Kyle: ...Yeah. So?

Cartman: Dude, the Simpsons have done everything already. Who cares?

Stan: Yeah, and they've been on the air for like, fourteen years. Of course they've done everything.

Mr .Garrison: Every idea's been done, Butters, even before the Simpsons.

Chef: Yeah. In fact, that episode was a rip-off of a Twilight Zone episode.

timvp
    First round KO.

herbivorefemale
    Stupid show. Nothing but a rip off of The Simpsons.
    duff, you're stupidity knows no bounds.

awesome show, just about everybody knows it.

did you ever pay back jim?

oh and by the way, you're comparisons are really stretching it.

duff you suck. bottom line.

Useruser666
    Come on everyone! It's an obvious ripoff of The Simpsons! I mean their both animated! After The Simpsons were animated no other show should dare to be animated ever again!

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Samurai Jane
    I like Family Guy much more than I ever did the Simpsons. I love Stewie and Brian absolutely hilarious.

I hope they bring back Futurama too!

DuffMcCartney
    did you ever pay back jim?
    What's it to you?

Nbadan
    I like family guy, but Sealab 2021 is much more cutting edge and creative.

Thread Information