View Poll Results: Who would you pick to be your franchise player?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Duncan - Mr Fundamental

77 50.33%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon - The Dream

44 28.76%
  • Can't go wrong with either

32 20.92%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're always right because you say so!
    I'm saying I'm right because it's simple math!

jeenyus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if akeem's original first finals team wouldn't have been ravaged by injuries and drugs he would have more championships. do you remember that team?
    If duncan wasn't injured in 2000, he would also have more championships.

Yippee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been telling this dumbass basically the same thing and he doesn't want to hear it. He's like a little kid that has his hands over his ears and stickin' his tongue out when he knows he's wrong.

what the fock do you know about anything? You think slayer is a good band.

lol yao
    lol rocketfan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a life long Spurs fan and this is a complete toss up for me. I think Hakeem is a better all around player then Duncan, which is saying something considering how great Duncan is. But if I was making the decision as a GM today my love of Tim would more then likely sway my judgement.

One thing I will say about comparing championships/awards between the two: dont.

Its not even remotely the same when you consider that Hakeem played his career with the best players to ever play the game. Magic/Bird/Jordan/Robinson/Malone/Barkley/Ewing etc etc etc. As much as I love him, Duncan would not have 4 les if his prime was in the 90s. The only reason Hakeem got his two was because Jordan was "retired" during the 93-94 season (and even then they had a hard won 7 game series against Ewing). And then in 94-95 the Magic took out the bulls before they got the the finals (a series where Jordan did not look like Jordan.)

In the end any GM would take either of them and thank god for their unbelievable luck.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Only Spurs homers are going to say Tim is better. You replace Hakeem with Duncan and the talent he played with throughout his career and he would have atleast 5 rings by now. Hakeem was simply the better player....and that isn't a knock against Tim at all, Hakeem was just that good.
    thing is, personally, i dont think duncan played with that great of talent, other than robinson (at the end of his career though). i mean i think parker and ginobili are good, but there is no question that duncan has helped them immensly through their careers, and helped them to develop into the players they are today. the guy is an incredible team player and truly makes his teammates better, something that Hakeem didn't really do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you got Jamstone, mavs>spurs, and lakaluva basically saying the same thing I said i favor of Hakeem.Good job looking like a moron.
    then you got 4 of you that are wrong.

simple math.

2 MVP + 4 Rings > 1 MVP + 2 Rings

lol slayer
    lol houston public schools
    lol yao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thing is, personally, i dont think duncan played with that great of talent, other than robinson (at the end of his career though). i mean i think parker and ginobili are good, but there is no question that duncan has helped them immensly through their careers, and helped them to develop into the players they are today. the guy is an incredible team player and truly makes his teammates better, something that Hakeem didn't really do.

+1

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

what the fock do you know about anything? You think slayer is a good band.

lol yao
    lol rocketfan
    All you have to hang on is your band smack. You know I told you this already in the Lubbock thread. Quit being a such a little and move on.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2 MVP + 4 Rings > 1 MVP + 2 Rings
    according to rocket fans, a repeat is equal to 5 rings.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Championships are a team accomplishment.

You cannot give total credit of winning rings to one individual player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not even remotely the same when you consider that Hakeem played his career with the best players to ever play the game. Magic/Bird/Jordan/Robinson/Malone/Barkley/Ewing etc etc etc. As much as I love him, Duncan would not have 4 les if his prime was in the 90s. The only reason Hakeem got his two was because Jordan was "retired" during the 93-94 season (and even then they had a hard won 7 game series against Ewing). And then in 94-95 the Magic took out the bulls before they got the the finals (a series where Jordan did not look like Jordan.)
    Duncan has had to go through Shaq among others almost his entire career.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I'm a life long Spurs fan and this is a complete toss up for me. I think Hakeem is a better all around player then Duncan, which is saying something considering how great Duncan is. But if I was making the decision as a GM today my love of Tim would more then likely sway my judgement.

One thing I will say about comparing championships/awards between the two: dont.

In the end any GM would take either of them and thank god for their unbelievable luck.
    1984-1998 Houston vs Chicago regular season:

17-13 in favor of Houston

It's not much to go by but we can determine that Houston vs Chicago in the finals would have been a great series without an overwhelming favorite.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Duncan is great, but Hakeem was better...They at least made some noise during the Larry Bird, Magic years, and took the Celtics to 6 games twice in the finals..one time coming before Hakeem entered the league

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Shaq was a rookie in 98, I wonder how many rings he'd have by now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Are you on crack? Almost every play was ran through Hakeem, he made every player on the court better. For christ sakes the guy won with Kenny Smith, Mario Elle, and Vernon Maxwell.....if that's not "making your teammates better" I don't know what is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Championships are a team accomplishment.

You cannot give total credit of winning rings to one individual player.
    you pretty much can win the best player has won 4 rings over 8 years with different teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you have to hang on is your band smack. You know I told you this already in the Lubbock thread. Quit being a such a little and move on.
    Yeah, this is the same stupid crap from that thread, and you are getting owned again, just like in that thread.

lol, rocketfan

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    then it would be safe to say that the only reason duncan has four rings is because kobe and shaq didnt get along and eventually broke up leading to duncans 3 more rings.
    +1

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is the same stupid crap from that thread, and you are getting owned again, just like in that thread.

lol, rocketfan
    umm, the only one getting owned in here is you.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    1984-1998 Houston vs Chicago regular season:

17-13 in favor of Houston

It's not much to go by but we can determine that Houston vs Chicago in the finals would have been a great series without an overwhelming favorite.
    The flaw in this logic is that during the two Chicago Bulls three peat championship runs, the Rockets didn't even make it to the NBA Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA2k9 Yao Ming >>>>>>>> Duncan+Hakeem.

/Thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it would be safe to say that the only reason Duncan has four rings is because Kobe and Shaq didnt get along and eventually broke up leading to Duncans 3 more rings.
    wrong.

Tim beat down the Lakers in 2003.

funny how laker fan quickly forgets Kobe crying like a girl after it was over.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Blake, rank the top 10 players in NBA history in your opinion please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one time coming before Hakeem entered the league
    This is the opposite of offering support for your argument. The Rockets were a pretty damn good team BEFORE Hakeem.

I think this is a toss up. If you need an individual scorer, a guy to go out and absolutely take over games night after night with a few role players around him, you go with Hakeem. If you're going to build a franchise based upon ball movement, fast rotation, and spot up shooters who can play defense, you pick Duncan.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

lol, rocketfan
    Well, I guess not because obviously there's other people who feel the same way I do when it comes to Hakeem/Duncan. You're takin this way too serious. I'm sorry my opinion opposes yours Mr. Blake Almighty sir.

Thread Information