View Poll Results: Who would you pick to be your franchise player?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Duncan - Mr Fundamental

77 50.33%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon - The Dream

44 28.76%
  • Can't go wrong with either

32 20.92%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Wait a goddamn minute. Pau Gasol held Duncan to 42% shooting in a playoff series?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait a goddamn minute. Pau Gasol held Duncan to 42% shooting in a playoff series?

Duncan shot 58 percent against Pau in the '04 playoffs. https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-spurs.html

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Duncan shot 58 percent against Pau in the '04 playoffs. https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-spurs.html
    And 42 % against Pau in the 09 playoffs

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Got damn. Shot under 40% three times against a decrepit 40 year old Karl Malone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got damn. Shot under 40% three times against a decrepit 40 year old Karl Malone.
    More like constant double and triple teams of Shaq,Malone,Payton after the first two games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And 42 % against Pau in the 09 playoffs
    Duncan's prime was over in '08. Prime Duncan ate up Gasol.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Duncan's prime was over in '08. Prime Duncan ate up Gasol.
    At age 31. While Hakeem at age 31 was dropping 28 & 11 in the playoffs. Give me Hakeem.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    And Prime Pau pushed Duncan’s airhole in. So did Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Anderson Varejo, and a 40 year old Malone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At age 31. While Hakeem at age 31 was dropping 28 & 11 in the playoffs. Give me Hakeem.
    Duncan was 32 in '08 and yes his prime ended earlier than Hakeem but hat was due to him going on deeper playoff runs during the first 10 years of his career while Olaujuwon didn't go on a deep run for a period of 8 years. Deeper runs plus Olympics,international basketball tournaments put a lot of miles on Duncan. After '86 he was either missing the playoffs are getting bounced earlier.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Prime Pau pushed Duncan’s airhole in. So did Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Illgauskas, Anderson Varejo, and a 40 year old Malone.
    Rasheed was the only guy who gave prime Duncan problems. The rest of those guys never did. I know you will bring up the '07 Finals and say he was stopped by the Cav's scrubs but the Spurs easily swept them. A huge reason for that was the Cavs doubling and triple teaming Duncan on every possession which opened up things for other guys including Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    86 they reached the finals.
    87 2nd round loss to Sonics. Sonics didn't reach finals..
    88 Loss to Dallas. Dallas didn't reach finals..
    89 Loss to Sonics. Sonics didn't reach finals.
    90 Lost to Lakers
    91 Lost to Lakers
    92 Missed playoffs
    93 Lost to Sonics.

Shouldn't Hakeem have been facing the Lakers most of the 80's? A lot of losses to mediocre teams..
    Stern did take out their entire backcourt because, miraculously, only the Mavs and Rockets (who both were threats to the Lakers, coincidentally) had players snorting coke.

Thread Information