Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because you said you didn't like bush ordering the report or obama submitting it.

you'd like to live under the heavy hand of oppression?

try to make sense...ONCE.
    no i did not say that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evidently, some people have been preparing for this for a long time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone argue that when certain media outlets( talk radio) espouse rhetoric that is borderline dangerous is not the primary cause of this paranioa. Of course you would have to be an idiot to believe everything you hear hannity or Lush say but apprently there are plenty of idiots.
    as opposed to the geniuses who believe all the Olbermans, Bill Mahers, Katie Courics etc of the vast liberal media ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this serious of thought-provoking, well produced Youtube videos:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So according to DHS, Gov. Rick Perry is now considered more dangerous than Muslim extremists? You can't make this stuff up - it would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary.

Anybody think this is just a "coincidence" that this report comes out right before the Tax Day Tea Parties?

Another day - another reason to despise the Obama administration.
    Actually that isn't what the paper said at all.

Here's think link to the actual .pdf:
    http://wnd.com/images/dhs-rightwing-extremism.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what it is worth:
    the (U/FOUO) in that do ent denotes "Unclassified, For Offical Use Only"

Had to look up "U//LES" though.

That means Law Enforcement Sensitive.

Not an abbreviation I was familiar with. Neat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys keep saying Bush ordered this report - where do you get that information? Nothing I've read says anywhere that the Bush administration ordered the report. And considering the report specifically mentions "the historic election", I'm wondering how they knew the outcome before the fact?
    The date of the report, i.e. 7 April 2009, makes it unlikely that it was ordered after Jan 20th, 2009, especially seeing as how it is a finalized analysis paper, presumedly proofed and vetted for content.

I would guess that it was mostly written though by November of 2008. It would not have been to hard to modify some of the language acknowledging who won the election.

Remember that who was running for president for the Dems has been known for well over a year, so language acknowleding an "historic election" didn't necessarily have to reflect who won. It would have been an historical election even if Obama had lost, simply because he was the first black major party candidate for that office.

More than likely the langauge and some of the content was tweaked towards the end to reflect this. It seems that the majority of the report could have been written anytime within the last 4 years or so.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does talk radio have to do with the DHS report?
    Talk radio propogandizes right wing extremism. Thanks for playing. Now answer my question.

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk radio propogandizes right wing extremism. Thanks for playing. Now answer my question.
    I listen to talk radio all day - and I have for years. I've also read books by Mark Levin, Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham - and NEVER have I heard them espouse violence of any kind. They don't condone those who use violence to further their ideals.

However, they are AGAINST illegal immigration, abortion, high taxes, intrusive government and trampling on the Cons ution - is that the extremism you're referring to?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listen to talk radio all day - and I have for years. I've also read books by Mark Levin, Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham - and NEVER have I heard them espouse violence of any kind. They don't condone those who use violence to further their ideals.
    Oops

We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More words of wisdom from Ms. Coulter.

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Hannity: “I’ll tell you who should be tortured and killed at Guantanamo, every filthy Democrat in the U.S. Congress. ”

Ann Coulter: “I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days” to talk to liberals.

my “only regret with [Oklahoma City bomber] Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.”
    Last edited by Bartleby; 04-15-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Well, there goes that whole "dont espouse violence" nonsense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've ... read books by ... Ann Coulter and - NEVER have I heard [her] espouse violence of any kind. [She and others] don't condone those who use violence to further their ideals.
    (begin edit)
    [name-calling deleted]
    (end edit)
    If you have the decency to admit you were wrong about that, I will delete this whole post and apologize for being an ass.

If you don't, then you deserve it completely and without any reservations.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-15-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can find a similar quote for every liberal clown on television as well. -- from Keith Olberman - to Bill Maher - to everyone at CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC and MSNBC. Can't really focus on the radio because nobody listens to those liberal clowns onthe radio -- I am sure we could find similar quotes for all the print media that is OWNED by the liberals as well.

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok - Ok, I admit it - I WAS WRONG! Now are all of you happy? I said I had never heard them espouse violence. But much of what Ann Coulter says is sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek - but I suppose a person who was already unhinged could take her seriously.

More words of wisdom from Ms. Coulter.

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97
    Are you honestly putting Ann Coulter in the same category with Timothy McVeigh or the people who gun down innocent people? In the first quote, she's advocating self-defense; in the second quote she's talking about discipline.

But since we're cutting and pasting all these quotes from conservatives; how about you add some from the people who wanted Bush assassinated? And have you ever heard the calls from the "Hate Hannity" hot line? Now those are some vile, hateful people!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you honestly putting Ann Coulter in the same category with Timothy McVeigh or the people who gun down innocent people?
    What.... are you talking about? Seriously, what could possibly lead you to believe that I'm comparing Ann Coulter and Timothy McVeigh? Because they're in the same thread? You tried to come in here with your high-minded view of your political pundits and tell everyone how they're saints. I was merely rebutting what is obviously a ridiculously faulty statement.
    In the first quote, she's advocating self-defense
    She's talking about children carrying guns. Is that something you support?

in the second quote she's talking about discipline.
    Again, of adolescents. Do you think adolescents deserve this?

That's an interesting idea of "discipline".

But since we're cutting and pasting all these quotes from conservatives; how about you add some from the people who wanted Bush assassinated? And have you ever heard the calls from the "Hate Hannity" hot line? Now those are some vile, hateful people!
    Here's the difference: I don't fall at the feet of those "vile, hateful people" that call in to those shows. I don't follow them, know their names, or listen to them for hours a day. Your assertion is that "we" should be ashamed because random idiots call the shows you watch and rant aimlessly, when in reality they are faceless, nameless callers.

But you're finally getting the point. Those crazy people sound... a lot... like some of the people you listen to every day on the radio. Except you love those hosts for their (sponsored) crazed banter while ridiculing those of the opposite viewpoint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napolitano stands by "extremism" report

From http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ing-extremism/

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said she was briefed before the release of a controversial intelligence assessment and that she stands by the report sent to law enforcement that lists veterans as a terrorist risk to the U.S. and defines "rightwing extremism" as including groups opposed to abortion and immigration.

The outcry resulted in a demand from the head of the American Legion to meet with Ms. Napolitano, a request the DHS chief said she would honor next week when she returns to Washington from her current tour of the U.S.-Mexican border.

"The do ent on right-wing extremism sent last week by this department´s Office of Intelligence and Analysis is one in an ongoing series of assessments to provide situational awareness to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies on the phenomenon and trends of violent radicalization in the United States," Ms. Napolitano said in a statement.

• Click here to download a PDF of the report.

"I was briefed on the general topic, which is one that struck a nerve as someone personally involved in the Timothy McVeigh prosecution," Ms. Napolitano said.

"Let me be very clear: we monitor the risks of violent extremism taking root here in the United States. We don´t have the luxury of focusing our efforts on one group; we must protect the country from terrorism whether foreign or homegrown, and regardless of the ideology that motivates its violence," Ms. Napolitano said.

• Related article: Legion objects to vets as terror risk

"We are on the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not — nor will we ever — monitor ideology or political beliefs . We take seriously our responsibility to protect the civil rights and liberties of the American people, including subjecting our activities to rigorous oversight from numerous internal and external sources," Ms. Napolitano said.

The nine-page do ent led "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," has caused an outcry from veterans groups, Republican lawmakers and conservative activists.

"Rightwing extremism," the report defines in a footnote on Page 2, goes beyond religious and racial hate groups and extends to "those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely."

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," said the report, which also listed as suspect gun owners and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

The American Legion on Tuesday criticized the report as unfairly stereotyping veterans.

"I am aware of the letter from American Legion National Commander (David) Rehbein, and my staff has already contacted him to set up a meeting next week once I return from travel. I will tell him face-to-face that we honor veterans at DHS and employ thousands across the department, up to and including the Deputy Secretary," Ms. Napolitano said.

"As the department responsible for protecting the homeland, DHS will continue to work with its state and local partners to prevent and protect against the potential threat to the United States associated with any rise in violent extremist activity," Ms. Napolitano said.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my problem with the report is that states nothing of value or interest with all of the "coulds" and "mights" and "possiblys." It reads like a term paper written by a freshman who was afraid to upset his professor.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i think you'd have to be unhinged to take ann coulter seriously.......or read one of her books.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A small percentage is a small percentage.

And there is no need for quotation marks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A small percentage is a small percentage.

Directly quoting the le of the Wash Times article.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Directly quoting the le of the Wash Times article.
    I know.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming from a guy that embraces the question mark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming from a guy that embraces the question mark.
    !

Thread Information