Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count
    No one said it did, but they (A&M) also beat a current sweet 16 team (Tech) and played another (OSU) the closest out of anyone to visit Gallagher-Iba this year.
    I assume you're responding to me. I'm not questioning the Aggies' successes this year. As I wrote before, I think their post-season run is a nice step up for the program and should pay dividends going forward.

I do take exception to the idea, though, that the Aggies warranted any real consideration for inclusion in the NCAA field. I can't see that the subsequent fact of Tech's success and a close loss should be sufficient to get a team into the real discussions for at-large bids. Sure, they beat a current Sweet 16 team and had a close loss at a tough venue, but those truths don't overcome the fact that the win against Tech was their only win in 7 chances against Top 50 teams. For crissakes, as a matter of percentages, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi had a better record (1-3) against teams in the RPI Top 50 this year!!

The Aggies had some nice wins this year for a building program, but they struggled far too often against good teams to have any realistic shot at the field of 65.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good luck to the Aggies. I'll always support a team from Texas unless they're playing the Longhorns.
    I am the same way.

My Team
    New Mexico Lobos
    Post Count
    I'm really glad for the Aggies. I like their coach a lot.

A fact that a lot of folks don't know is that A&M had made a solid offer to Dave Bliss to leave New Mexico the year before he decided to 'retire' to Baylor. Imagine how different Aggie basketball might be right now had he taken that job.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    To answer your question Jim, no I would not prefer winning or advancing in the NIT as compared to losing in the first round of the big dance. Yes, Texas had a down year, but with the return of Aldridge and Tucker next year, along with McDonald's All-American Miles out of Dallas and a top PG recruit in Abrams, I see us a big time player in the tournament next season. No reason we can't make the final four.

respect the 'fro

Thread Information