Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White made good on his promise to land a significant fight for suddenly under siege middleweight champion Anderson Silva, telling Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday that he had signed a deal for Silva to face ex-light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in the co-main event of UFC 101 in Philadelphia on Aug. 2.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    You beat me to it

Interesting fight. Anderson's got the knockout power Forrest lacks, but Forrest has a BIG size advantage and is very well-rounded.
    Last edited by desflood; 04-29-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Post Count
    Forrest can take a beating like nobody else in MMA...He's the American version of Big Nog

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    Silva will pick him apart...

Post Count
    Forrest is the constant under dog. Nobody ever believes in him and the guy keeps proving everyone wrong. Silva is insanely talented and but he doesn't have any heart right now.

Post Count
    I think Silva is just really bored at MW...and maybe pissed at Dana about something...

Silva will be around 215 lbs and Forrest will be about 225 lbs...awesome fight...

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Beat me to it too.....Im pumped...Still tho, Anderson all the way.

Post Count
    If Silva is so unprofessional that he is taking out anger at Dana in the ring than Silva can go f*ck himself and grow up.

Post Count
    I don't really think that is the case...just a conspiracy theory of mine...lol

Post Count
    Fooookin A! This is going to be good.

Who wants a mustache ride oligarchy's Avatar
    Post Count
    another loss for forrest.

Post Count
    Great, Great fight not easy to pick,

Go Forrest!!!

Post Count
    If Silva is so unprofessional that he is taking out anger at Dana in the ring than Silva can go f*ck himself and grow up.
    His at ude basically sucks lately, Forrest i hope wins this and drops him down a peg..

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    Evan...do you have some sort of beef with Anderson?

Post Count
    Forrest is the constant under dog. Nobody ever believes in him and the guy keeps proving everyone wrong. Silva is insanely talented and but he doesn't have any heart right now.

People counting him out against Silva are nuts. He hasn't looked great lately.. Forrest was picking Rashad apart, before he broke his hand and got caught. The guy is a great fighter. It's funny for a guy that won a 5 rd war with Page and took out Shogun, he may be yet again a big underdog, against a guy who has never really fought at this weight.. Should be good..

Post Count
    Evan...do you have some sort of beef with Anderson?
    Not at all. I have been a huge supporter of his for a long time. I just think he has temporarily lost his fire which happens to a lot of athletes from time to time.

Post Count
    People counting him out against Silva are nuts. He hasn't looked great lately.. Forrest was picking Rashad apart, before he broke his hand and got caught. The guy is a great fighter. It's funny for a guy that won a 5 rd war with Page and took out Shogun, he may be yet again a big underdog, against a guy who has never really fought at this weight.. Should be good..
    Why people constantly discount Forrest is beyond me. Its mindless prejudice because he was on TUF IMO even though most would never admit it. If you about it the road through TUF is pretty f*cking hard. Thats a huge mental and physical grind for 6 weeks. The stupid ass antics that happen in the house all too often take away the shine of what these winners go through. Forrest is a elite LHW in the toughest division in MMA. Thats incredible and I just want to bang my head against the wall when people go out of their way to take anything away they can simply because someone was on that show...its senseless.

Post Count
    I guess I need to step off my soap box now...

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Well, Silva was over 230 pounds when he was prepering himself to fight Irvin, so there is not much of a diference to him in weight changing.

Forrest will be back after a long time and it's important fight.

wow, can't wait for the stategy Forest will bring to the fight.

Post Count
    Of course he will. Just like Shogun will submit him, right? Or like Rampage will knock him out, right?

WHEN are people going to give Forrest some credit?

Of course he will. Just like Shogun will submit him, right? Or like Rampage will knock him out, right?

WHEN are people going to give Forrest some credit?
    I give him credit but I just think Silva is that damn good. He basically embarrassed the guy that beat Forrest so I am going to say it, there is NO WAY Forest wins this. Anyone wanna make a bet?

Post Count
    I hope you don't mean Jeremy Horn? If so, I'd like to point out that Horn beat Forrest back in 2003. It was like Forrest's third or fourth career fight. I'd also like to point out that Forrest was doing well against Jeremy right up until the KO.

I hope you don't mean Jeremy Horn? If so, I'd like to point out that Horn beat Forrest back in 2003. It was like Forrest's third or fourth career fight. I'd also like to point out that Forrest was doing well against Jeremy right up until the KO.
    Wait I made a mistake, for some reason I was thinking Forest lost to shogun. My bad....either way Silva will embarrass Forest.

Post Count
    I give him credit but I just think Silva is that damn good. He basically embarrassed the guy that beat Forrest so I am going to say it, there is NO WAY Forest wins this. Anyone wanna make a bet?
    A-Train Silva looke horrible against Cote. He may have been playing with him but he still looked bad. And who has Silva ever beat in this weight class that is elite?? I'm beginning to wonder if Silva has head on retirement and boxing Roy Jones to the extent it is messing with his training and performances. One can say "Well this fight will fire him up" and it probably will but Forrest is one tough SOB!!

Post Count
    Wait I made a mistake, for some reason I was thinking Forest lost to shogun. My bad....either way Silva will embarrass Forest.
    Anderson never fought Shogun...

Thread Information