Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan at all, but obviously I'd be happy if we got him..I wouldn't give up Hill for him though..

if the Clippers take some kind of trade involving Mason, Bonner, and Finley, then I would like it..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan at all, but obviously I'd be happy if we got him..I wouldn't give up Hill for him though..

if the Clippers take some kind of trade involving Mason, Bonner, and Finley, then I would like it..
    considering the genuises that is the clippers fo, they'd go for it. Heck, they might even take just bonner & Finley and we keep mason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't give up Hill for any reason. That would simply create another void.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That void can be addressed via the draft easier than the center spot.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he definitely will be bring his rebounding and his shot blocking. if we do indeed pursue him i hope hes not washed up yet.

Only a matter of time.... Fdawg07's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thread posted that the Clippers are in the process of trading Randoph (another big man) to the Grizzlies..

ShamSports.com Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson. No word on whether Jaric is in the deal. If he is, OK. If not......well then, whoops.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/

The clippers have been trying to get rid of a big man to make room for Griffin. Does this hurt the chance of the Spurs being able to trade for Camby? Would the Clippers still want to deal him after losing a big man already?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I'd put a zero chance of getting Camby now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup..it was slim to start with, but it looks like it's at 0% now..

we're really gonna need to get one of our FA targets now..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grizzlies are just beyond horrible though, I have no idea what they're doing..Pop and RC should make a call about Marc Gasol, just incase..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby in black n silver is even better than Rasheed, if they were to somehow make this happen I'd cry tears of joy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put a zero chance of getting Camby now.
    Depends whether they want to develop DeAndre Jordan or not. He showed some interesting signs last year.

If we can't land Dice or Pachulia, Camby would be my next option. Bonner and Finley, a first, a second and some cash might get it done... you never know with Donald Sterling. For a package that big you'd want him to add a year or two to the contract though, and I'm not sure how that would work.

Guy I feel sorry for over in Clipperland is Baron Davis - he should have stayed with the Warriors (they'd be scary now if he was there), but instead went to the Clips to play with Elton Brand and got sold out by his (ex-)friend. Now he has to play for the most clueless coach in the league in a team that has zero chance of doing anything interesting. Poor BD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner, Finley, cash, picks, whatever else except no Mason and no Hill involved for Camby and we got a deal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner, Finley, cash, picks, whatever else except no Mason and no Hill involved for Camby and we got a deal!
    That's what I'm talking about. And if they throw in Novak, who'd shoot 50% from 3pt land if he were a Spur, all the better. But that's too much to hope for.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Does a Finley/Bonner for Camby even work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does a Finley/Bonner for Camby even work?
    Nope. Need Mason's salary too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Randolph trade, I don't see Clippers trading Camby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Randolph trade, I don't see Clippers trading Camby.
    At least as of right now. Only way I see the Clippers keeping Camby is if they actually think they can make a playoff run. With that Clippers may be willing to let him go for a 1st rounder plus expirings ( Bonner/ Finley) close to the trade deadline when they are 10 games out from the 8th seed.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    At least as of right now. Only way I see the Clippers keeping Camby is if they actually think they can make a playoff run. With that Clippers may be willing to let him go for a 1st rounder plus expirings ( Bonner/ Finley) close to the trade deadline when they are 10 games out from the 8th seed.
    I think you're right. If this trade were to happen it'll likely be around the deadline depending on where the Clippers are at.

If the Spurs get McDyess it's just as likely they're wanting to hold on to the expiring contracts of Finley, Bonner, Mason instead of bringing someone else so late in the season. Especially if they're rolling and everyone is healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly doubt they would let Camby go for expiring contracts. Remember his is also an expiring contract, and if anything the Clips are shopping him to see what value they could get in return. A straight up "salary dump" is not in the Clips interest here since at worst he comes off the books next summer...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly doubt they would let Camby go for expiring contracts. Remember his is also an expiring contract, and if anything the Clips are shopping him to see what value they could get in return. A straight up "salary dump" is not in the Clips interest here since at worst he comes off the books next summer...
    If the Clippers are out of the playoff picture by late January/ early February, Clippers could very well part with Camby for expirings plus a 1st round pick since Camby will go somewhere else to finish his career for the 2010/2011 year.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That only works if the Spurs are the only team interested in Camby, which won't be the case. Realistically Hill would have to be included. Given the Spurs will be one of the best teams in the league this year that 1st round pick isn't worth anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Need Mason's salary too.
    I thought it did, but even if it doesn't you don't have to throw in Mason, you could throw in Williams.

But yeah, it's unlikely to happen because there's not much in it for the Clips.

We're going to land Dice anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it did, but even if it doesn't you don't have to throw in Mason, you could throw in Williams.

But yeah, it's unlikely to happen because there's not much in it for the Clips.

We're going to land Dice anyway.
    I am not sure Williams makes enough, but it doesn't matter. I am curious as to how much he does make, but hopefully Dice will roll with us soon and I won't care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not sure Williams makes enough, but it doesn't matter. I am curious as to how much he does make, but hopefully Dice will roll with us soon and I won't care.
    Yeah, it works with Williams.

My mistake was that I thought Bonner was earning 4mil this year, but he's in the low 3s.

As I said from the start, Dice is our man anyway... now, sign on that dotted line, Antonio!

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Camby recently met with Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, who revealed to him that a number of teams have inquired about his services.

"A lot of teams have been calling. He was up front with me," said Camby. "A lot of teams are calling and asking for my services. A lot of contenders are looking for different pieces to add to their team, especially the way the economy is going and with the salary cap."

Camby has an expiring contract that will pay him $9.15 million in 2009-10, but ultimately doesn't believe that the Clippers will trade him.

"I actually talked to Mike a few days ago, and he asked me about free agents," Camby said. "It looks like I'll still be there. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but he made it seem like I was still going to be around."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...s_about_camby/

Thread Information