Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remaining contract
    08/09 13.2m
    09/10 14.2m
    10/11 15m

this guy is fkn overpaid....i look somewhere else...we can get like fringe players for around the MLE whose waiting to burst on teh scene....if we going to absorb a few contracts, that team better throw in a few draft picks....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remaining contract
    08/09 13.2m
    09/10 14.2m
    10/11 15m

this guy is fkn overpaid....i look somewhere else...we can get like fringe players for around the MLE whose waiting to burst on teh scene....
    It's only for 2 more years. What do we have to lose? If he doesn't work out we can use his money for the Summer of 2011 and Duncan will still have another year left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking bad contracts is the whole point of this..this team needs to milk Duncan's last years as much as they can..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking bad contracts is the whole point of this..this team needs to milk Duncan's last years as much as they can..
    Agreed 100 percent

There's no guarantee a top tier free agent in 2010 will come here anyway. To be realistic it's almost certain it won't happen. Why gamble then when we can get a for sure thing now and for 2009/ 2010 season. Instead of wasting one of Duncan's last years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm completely against taking a risk for a guy like Bosh or whoever..wasting another year of Duncan in 2009-2010 would be a huge gamble..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm completely against taking a risk for a guy like Bosh or whoever..wasting another year of Duncan in 2009-2010 would be a huge gamble..
    If the Spurs do land Bosh, we'll all have to eat crow. I don't anyone approves of that plan, myself included..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs do land Bosh, we'll all have to eat crow. I don't anyone approves of that plan, myself included..
    i want bosh and aldridge to come play in san antono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand Jefferson from his days at the Nets, but he would be an outstanding player in San Antonio on both ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ was a very good defender a few years ago, so I think he can still play D when he's focused..so that shouldn't be a problem..
    His D would get better in our system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking bad contracts is the whole point of this..this team needs to milk duncan's last years as much as they can..
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade for him it means we're most likely waving goodbye to Manu after 2010. No thanks. Good player though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not going to be in the running for anyone in 2010. If the FO believes they're gonna be players a year from now, dream on. Assuming the FO believes the championship window truly is not closed, the Spurs must act quickly, in order to keep it propped open.

Because of Duncan's limited shelf-life and because there could be a lot of teams looking to move players, the Spurs should become players in the 2009 market. RJ represents a player that is as good as anything they could get in 2010, that fills a direct need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only for 2 more years. What do we have to lose? If he doesn't work out we can use his money for the Summer of 2011 and Duncan will still have another year left.
    Only the ability to use that 29.2M for several other players at several positions of need over the course of the next two years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the ability to use that 29.2M for several other players at several positions of need over the course of the next two years.
    U mean 14.6 million?

Like in 03? when we signed Rasho/ Horry/ Anthony Carter/ And traded for Turkoglu and Mercer?

Several other positions?

If we were to trade for him it would take us Oberto/ Bowen/ Mason/Bonner and they would be able to save 4 million dollars by Oberto and Bowen's contract being optional. Once they would cut Bowen I'd resign him. Therefore we would have:

Parker/ Hill
    Manu/ Finley/
    Richard Jefferson/ Bowen/ Gist
    Tim/ Mahimni/ Vet minimum ( Malik Rose/ Melvin Ely)
    Free Agent Signing ( Sheed)/ Kurt Thomas

And we would still have our League Level exception to add a wing player like Carney or a big man.

In other words I rather use that 14.6 million on a STUD than use that 14.6 million on 2 more Oberto's and 2 more Udoka's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U mean 14.6 million?

Like in 03? when we signed Rasho/ Horry/ Anthony Carter/ And traded for Turkoglu and Mercer?

Several other positions?

If we were to trade for him it would take us Oberto/ Bowen/ Mason/Bonner and they would be able to save 4 million dollars by Oberto and Bowen's contract being optional. Once they would cut Bowen I'd resign him. Therefore we would have:

Parker/ Hill
    Manu/ Finley/
    Richard Jefferson/ Bowen/ Gist
    Tim/ Mahimni/ Vet minimum ( Malik Rose/ Melvin Ely)
    Free Agent Signing ( Sheed)/ Kurt Thomas

And we would still have our League Level exception to add a wing player like Carney or a big man.

In other words I rather use that 14.6 million on a STUD than use that 14.6 million on 2 more Oberto's and 2 more Udoka's.
    Congratulations, you're at least 7-10M over the lux tax line and have, therefore, exceeded the team's likely budget by 14-20M. Not gonna happen. And please, before you launch another rant, actually check your numbers. I assure you I've checked mine.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My name is Xtremesteven,

and I approve this trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm...would be interesting.

Put me in the "would love to have him" list.

Show me proof.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ + Sheed + TP + Manu + Resigning Bowen = RING

Show me proof.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and TD of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ is almost the perfect fit for Spurs' SF spot.

Bucks will have some luxury tax troubles next year. Spurs with Bowen and Oberto partially guaranteed contracts have the ability to make an offer that will allow Bucks to save money as soon as next year.

Providing Spurs are ready to say goodbye to the 2010 plan and Bucks are ready to nearly salary dump him, it could be interesting.

A trade like Oberto+Bowen+Thomas+picks for Jefferson would be great for SA.

Re-sign Bowen and put Finley in the trash and Spurs have a great perimeter rotation:

PG : Parker/Hill
    SG : Ginobili/Mason
    SF : Jefferson/Bowen

After that, you spend the MLE on bigs and
    Agree 100%.
    Just a question. When the deadline on Bruce and Oberto? I think the Spurs can make this trade happen on draft night
    RJ is my target number 1 this offseason. I hope the Spurs can fina a way to trade for him.
    I think the Bucks may ask for Mason instead of Thomas, but I'd still would do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100%.
    Just a question. When the deadline on Bruce and Oberto?
    The deadline (when their contracts got to 50% guaranteed to 100% guaranteed) is on July 1st for Oberto and on August 1st for Bruce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The deadline (when their contracts got to 50% guaranteed to 100% guaranteed) is on July 1st for Oberto and on August 1st for Bruce.
    So if the Spurs are going to do something with them it's going to be on draft night

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ is almost the perfect fit for Spurs' SF spot.

Bucks will have some luxury tax troubles next year. Spurs with Bowen and Oberto partially guaranteed contracts have the ability to make an offer that will allow Bucks to save money as soon as next year.

Providing Spurs are ready to say goodbye to the 2010 plan and Bucks are ready to nearly salary dump him, it could be interesting.

A trade like Oberto+Bowen+Thomas+picks for Jefferson would be great for SA.

Re-sign Bowen and put Finley in the trash and Spurs have a great perimeter rotation:

PG : Parker/Hill
    SG : Ginobili/Mason
    SF : Jefferson/Bowen

After that, you spend the MLE on bigs and
    I like the idea of RJ to the Spurs, but I could see Milwaukee wanting more than just cap space and veterans, so the Spurs maybe would have to include Mason.

Time will tell...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if the Spurs are going to do something with them it's going to be on draft night
    Yes or even maybe before it.
    The Rasho for Bonner trade was made few days before the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landing here RJ would be great, but it won`t help. He is earning too much. With 4 guys earning over 10 mln, and no will to pay taxes, Spurs must have 11 guys with minimum contracts. That`s scary

Thread Information