Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word if this guy is coming over for a work out like Hanga and Bartens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any word if this guy is coming over for a work out like Hanga and Bartens?
    Put a fork in him, his days as a possible Spur are done...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like our ol' friend Sanikidze is signing with Mens Sana Siena. Not sure if this is an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move but it sounded like he had quite a number of teams after him. Too bad this probably keeps him off of summer league and lessens the chances that he'll ever even get a training camp invite with the Spurs.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...sanikidze.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siena is the best team in Italy and a top10 team in Europe, so it's a quite big upgrade for Sanikidze.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the info. Sanikidze is still only 26 so if he explodes over the next year or two, he could re-enter the Spurs picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checked his stats from last season and his rebounding is impressive, 11 per game. Plus, he was getting major minutes, 32+. It looks like he's on his way up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess while we are talking about him, can post some recent vids of him:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy might have finally got his head right... Reggie Evans type player in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy might have finally got his head right... Reggie Evans type player in my opinion.
    Really? Never heard he was a headcase, but I guess there are lots of things I haven't heard

Also, while I defer to you since I assume you've seen him play beyond the youtubes I've watched, I never seen/read/heard anything to suggest he was as one-dimensional as Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Never heard he was a headcase, but I guess there are lots of things I haven't heard

Also, while I defer to you since I assume you've seen him play beyond the youtubes I've watched, I never seen/read/heard anything to suggest he was as one-dimensional as Evans.

All you have to do is watch 1 game and you will see that his offensive game is limited to put backs and cuts to the basket for dunks. That is 90% of his offensive game with the occasional jump shot when all else fails. What have you seen/read/heard to think otherwise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like our ol' friend Sanikidze is signing with Mens Sana Siena. Not sure if this is an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move but it sounded like he had quite a number of teams after him. Too bad this probably keeps him off of summer league and lessens the chances that he'll ever even get a training camp invite with the Spurs.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...sanikidze.html

MBS TV reports that Mens Sana Siena will play two games in US in October against Spurs and Cavaliers

https://twitter.com/SportandoBasket

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]

All you have to do is watch 1 game and you will see that his offensive game is limited to put backs and cuts to the basket for dunks. That is 90% of his offensive game with the occasional jump shot when all else fails. What have you seen/read/heard to think otherwise?
    The fact that he took 3.9 three-pointers per game in Italy last season (more than 40% of his shots). Now he only made 30.2%, but that appears to be a bit of a down year for him - the last 2 years he hit 37% +. (This may be a result of a deliberate change in shot selection; this was an unusually high number of 3 pt attempts for him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/B]

Didn't have any evidence to counter your assertion -- I'd just never encountered any to support it, hence the question. Thanks for the explanation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that he took 3.9 three-pointers per game in Italy last season (more than 40% of his shots). Now he only made 30.2%, but that appears to be a bit of a down year for him - the last 2 years he hit 37% +. (This may be a result of a deliberate change in shot selection; this was an unusually high number of 3 pt attempts for him).
    I have seen most of his games with Georgia in 2011 and none this season with his italian club, but I can assure you that 3 pt shooting is not one his strengths currently. The guy is a gritty player who will battle the boards, play solid defense, and provide lots of energy for his team...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=yavozerb;6015816]I have seen most of his games with Georgia in 2011 and none this season with his italian club, but I can assure you that 3 pt shooting is not one his strengths currently. So he is like Boner in this regard

The guy is a gritty player who will battle the boards, play solid defense, and provide lots of energy for his team...The exact opposite of Boner..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanikidze is in the same tournament that Bertans and Hanga are playing in:

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid...rID_45506.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanikidze's team - Montepaschi Siena is playing right now:

live box score

http://195.56.77.56/n4/?itascup_1

Last edited by ace3g; 09-24-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a general update, 15 games into the Italian league and 14 into Euroleague. I've not watched him this season, but here are the numbers anyway.

Judging by a number of stats, Sanikidze has a different role for Sienna than he did for Bologna. Instead of over 32 minutes a game, he's down to 21. Instead of 3.9 three point shots a game, he's down to 1.3.

Italian League:

21 mpg
    7.4 pts
    62.8% from 2
    42.1% from 3
    5.8 rebounds

His rebounds are down. Instead of being top 5 in rebounds per 40 like he was last year iirc, he's now 14th in the league for rebounds per 40.

Euroleague

Sienna is in the round of 16. 4-0 so far in this round. The stats for all phases of Euroleague:

19.5 mpg
    6 pts
    47.1% from two
    35.7% from three
    6.1 rebounds

Sanikidze is 7th in the Euroleague for rebounds per 40 minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update. Not so sure the ship has sailed on this guy coming over so it's good to keep tabs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sanikidze just RT this pic:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is balding like a champ!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a free agent this summer and as a back-up combo forward, mostly a smallball 4, he might be useful on a small contract now that Jackson won't be brought back. He'd bring some passion as a back-up, a mediocre 3 point shooter, but still a good rebounder.

He's top 5 in Euroleague for rebounds per 40. Garbage from 3 in euroleague at 23%, but shoots 42% in the Italian league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a free agent this summer and as a back-up combo forward, mostly a smallball 4, he might be useful on a small contract now that Jackson won't be brought back. He'd bring some passion as a back-up, a mediocre 3 point shooter, but still a good rebounder.

He's top 5 in Euroleague for rebounds per 40. Garbage from 3 in euroleague at 23%, but shoots 42% in the Italian league.
    I like Sanikidze, but I think/hope there will be better options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs still have his phone #?

Thread Information