Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Height: 6'9''
    Weight: 226 lbs.
    DOB: 3/2/87
    Nationality: Swedish
    Current Team: Angelico Biella (Gist's team)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonas-Jerebko-1403/

IMO, with his defensive potential, he would be a good fit by being that long 3 the Spurs have been searching for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i say we sign him if we can get alot of swedish girls onto this site

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he declares won't he be lottery level though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he declares won't he be lottery level though.
    He hasn't to declare. He is automatically eligible as an international player born in 87.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apologies I've got him confused with casspi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be available by pick 37. He might be as good, if not better, as Batum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ford's out of his mind thinking Jerebko would go in the lottery, but late first/early second is likelier, before our pick. Considering his recent development and defensive capacity, I don't think it's out of the question that the Spurs move up to get a player like Jerebko. I'd put him there with Casspi as one of our main foreign targets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i say we sign him if we can get alot of swedish girls onto this site
    crazy. I'm already 1/4 swedish.

Sign me up for any white guy with a name that I cannot pronounce without practice a la Beno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope hes there late and satsy overseas for a year or two

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a teammate of James Gist. The Spurs' scouts saw him plenty. We'll find out what they thought in 7 weeks.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has the potential to be a great defensive 3 in NBA

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonas Jerebko Bio
    By Matt Beardmore

NAME: Jonas Jerebko

CLUB: Angelico Biella (Italian league)

POSITION: Forward

HEIGHT: 6-foot-9

WEIGHT: 210 pounds

SCOUTING REPORT: Jerebko has the tools to be a solid role player in the NBA. Since leaving the Swedish league, the 22-year-old forward has gained nearly 30 pounds, becoming a physical force that will be necessary when he’s facing NBA-sized talent. Jerebko is an average offensive player (although he’s good at running the floor and has 3-point range), but he’s a solid rebounder who can crash the boards and give a team valuable extra possessions. On the defensive end, Jerebko has great instincts and athleticism, and he has the ability to step out in the passing lane, grab loose balls or shut down his man. Jerebko is a mature, team-first player that has shown solid progress in his second season in the Italian league. Expected to go at the end of the first round or beginning of the second, Jerebko should provide a team with solid bench production.

SPURS FUTURE 09-10 CHAMPS Spurs_9_20_21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh! There are so many players I want at the 37th pick!! I want Danny Green, now I want Jonas Jerebko, Damion James, A.J. Abrams, Wayne Ellington....the list just could keep going. But some of them probably won't go at the 37th pick.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As tav1 mentioned, the Spurs have had plenty of time to get a feel for this kid. If he is as good defensively as advertised then hopefully he is on their radar. I want Danny Green with our 37th pick, but Jerebko could be a nice consolation prize if he is gone before we pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden's Jonas Jerebko -- showed up at the camp a day late on Sunday and then refused to play because he was "tired" from a playoff series that had ended four days earlier.

Chad Ford - Insider

CIA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden's Jonas Jerebko -- showed up at the camp a day late on Sunday and then refused to play because he was "tired" from a playoff series that had ended four days earlier.

Chad Ford - Insider

CIA?
    Jerebko played on Monday for the last day of the camp.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not at NBA level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to get Derrick Brown at 37, and then Jerebko at 51....I doubt it will happen....but it would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Givony-DX-

Jonas Jerebko, 6-9 (no measurements)
    Angelico Biella, Sweden, 1987

Coming off an impressive showing in the Italian league semi-finals, Jerebko played only one game here on the camp’s final day. Regardless, he was able to make his presence felt immediately, looking impressive in both the morning drills and the actual game--giving the NBA people a very good feel for what he brings to the table. Jerebko shot the ball well throughout the day, only missing one of his seven shots in the game, while picking up 5 steals, 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 28 minutes. He also showed something of a back to the basket game, using his superior size to get off a pretty and very old-school sky-hook shot in the lane. He played very physical man to man defense on the perimeter, while always looking to make the proper rotation on team defense. He also showed plenty of hustle, going the length of the floor with reckless abandon at one point to come up with a loose ball, and using his length to alter plenty of shots around the paint as well, not giving his matchup anything easy. Considering the small sample size, there wasn’t a whole lot more Jerebko could have done. After seeing him a number of times in person over the past year and a half, it’s safe to say that there aren’t many players like him in this draft.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6795

Top 10 Eurocamp prospects:

1. Jonas Jerebko 6'9'' SF Sweden 1987
    Even though he only ended up playing one game, it was enough for Jerebko to showcase the majority of his strengths as well as some weaknesses. His outside shot was working and he was able to step out to the NBA three and easily knock down a couple from deep. He showed his athleticism on a backdoor cut where he finished with a nice dunk over a big help side defender. His strength is also a key ingredient to his game as he is able to battle with bigger players inside and can also do some damage with his back to the basket. He converted on a few plays around the basket, one including a nice running hook and the other one was a tough finish after a spin move in the paint. With all of the good things that Jerebko showed, it was still obvious that he is not a smooth and natural player. His shot is effective, but his release is extremely slow and he is not good at shooting on the move or off the dribble. Off the dribble he is extremely limited and is not comfortable making counter moves when he gets cut off. He likes to turn his back to the defense when he feels pressure, and then tries to use his body to continue his progress to the basket. With all that said, the one game was definitely a positive for Jerebko, he seems like a great kid who is willing to put in the work and as a result he should have a good chance to play in the NBA.
    Last edited by loveforthegame; 06-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That list is missing a #7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That list is missing a #7.
    7. Vyacheslav Kravtsov 7'0'' C Ukraine 1987
    The big man showed a lot of intriguing things this week, including a good motor, good hands, solid body and the ability to bang inside with opposing bigs. He does not shy away from physical play and using his wide frame he can get good position. His offensive repertoire may not be the most advanced, but his footwork is fundamental and he shoots an efficient mini hook around the basket. He is an excellent athlete for his size (37 inch vertical and a 7'2 wingspan, 9'3 standing reach), but unfortunately he hasn't yet figured out how to use his great physical gifts to his advantage. He also does not have the greatest foot speed which limits his defensive potential to a degree. He was listed at 6’8 with shoes, but standing beside the 7’ Henk Norel it was obvious that 6’11 would be a much better representation. He may not be the most dynamic player, but he is a big, athletic body; a combination that makes him a commodity in today’s game.

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6795

they just forgot to press enter to start a new paragraph, it is mixed in with #6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ford infers Jerebko may have a promise from one of the teams with multiple first rounders, as he's refusing to work out for second round teams. I thought of the T-Wolves right off the bat if they don't trade that late first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, lots of people have him going in the 1st now.

Kravtsov might be interesting in the late 2nd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.com

The top performer at this year's Reebok Eurocamp, Jonas Jerebko is reportedly getting looks in the late first round. Teams in the 23-29 range are possibilities for him as well as a team such as the Spurs or Rockets moving in to take him. The Lakers (29th pick) are said to be very high on Jerebko as well.

Thread Information