Bday: 11/03/1985 (23 Years Old)
    Current: PF
    NBA: PF
    Possible: PF
    Best Case: Luis Scola
    Worst Case: Felipe Reyes

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ansbrough-288/

Come on spurs, get him!
    Last edited by Bruno; 04-30-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: It's Hansbrough :)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would trade 2 secound round picks and bonner to move up to get him

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's there at 37 its tempting. But he is a college player ala Brian Cardinal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would play good with the spurs. you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is so bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes definitely not the most talented, but you know he'd hustle his ass off, and go for every loose ball/rebound out there. He seems like a good O-rebounder too, and won't take a ton of shots like boner boy. Ill take this kid over boner any day, but i'd take almost any big man in the league over boner. As a second round pick, i wouldn't mind giving him a shot. I dont think he'll drop out of late first though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible prospect come on we already have one white stiff we don't need another. This guy is Bonner boy without a jumpshot and his inside game will not work in the NBA. He will get swatted 9 out of 10 times. At best he is Mark Madsen part 2. I'm tired of a hustle guys who have not talent. The Spurs need to get some athletic players.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes definitely not the most talented, but you know he'd hustle his ass off, and go for every loose ball/rebound out there. He seems like a good O-rebounder too, and won't take a ton of shots like boner boy. Ill take this kid over boner any day, but i'd take almost any big man in the league over boner. As a second round pick, i wouldn't mind giving him a shot. I dont think he'll drop out of late first though
    Tyler Hansbrough is Matt Bonner without the three point jumper.

His name is Bonner. Spell it right .

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching him play, he kind of reminds me of scola. just saying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he's limited. But if the foreign prospects we're inevitably looking at (Casspi, Jerekbo, Dasic) are off the board, and he's there at 37...I think you have to take a chance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no thanks i dont wanna see him do this on our team lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzxBa_yuCs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He actually didn't look too unathletic there.

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they were up by 21 points...

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching him play, he kind of reminds me of scola. just saying...
    Without the basketball skill and shorter hair, yeah your probobly right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyler Hansbrough is Matt Bonner without the three point jumper.

His name is Bonner. Spell it right .

No, tyler is a lot younger, a lot fresher and I guarantee won't be so awful on defensive rotations. He would obviously need a transition stage, but there's a chance he can be a spark off the bench down the road. Either way anything is better than BONER. I know how to spell his name . And I'll spell it BONER as long as I want because he is a major boner. Why are you so concerned how I spell his name anyways?....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't know why people are lobbing insults. Everyone's going to have a different opinion regarding prospects, and I don't think it needs to devolve into the usual ST flame war.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, tyler is a lot younger, a lot fresher and I guarantee won't be so awful on defensive rotations. He would obviously need a transition stage, but there's a chance he can be a spark off the bench down the road. Either way anything is better than BONER. I know how to spell his name . And I'll spell it BONER as long as I want because he is a major boner. Why are you so concerned how I spell his name anyways?....

Ahhh another 15 year old phobe I see.

Hansbourough is Mark Madsen that went to NC therefore he's overhyped.

BoNNer > Madsen.

Deal with it and get back to class high schooler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hansborough is going to stiff big time in the NBA with that SF body. The ACC press guys do love their white boys.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hansborough is going to stiff big time in the NBA with that SF body. The ACC press guys do love their white boys.

Yeah Cherokee Parks was a lottery pick thanks to those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahhh another 15 year old phobe I see.

Hansbourough is Mark Madsen that went to NC therefore he's overhyped.

BoNNer > Madsen.

Deal with it and get back to class high schooler.
    HAHAHA-yep exactly I'm a 15 year old and big time phobe because I used the word " ". You need to chill and not read into things said on a spurs forum so much. I guess your just an immature 35 year old by calling me a" " ( I mean who says that? either a 15 year old you accused me of, or a disgruntled middle aged man), and over the improper spelling of a "bonner"...hahahhaha. Cheer up grump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Cherokee Parks was a lottery pick thanks to those guys.
    true very true

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hansbrough not worried about draft order

There was more than a touch of defiance in Tyler Hansbrough’s voice while he spoke Friday at the NBA predraft camp.

“Doubt me all you want, but I think I have a lot to prove,” the winner of the 2008 Naismith and Wooden awards said.

There are plenty of doubters whether Hansbrough’s abilities will translate into a successful NBA career after a wildly successful college career.

Hansbrough, who measured 6-foot-8, 234 pounds at the predraft camp, averaged 20.3 and 8.6 rebounds for his career and led North Carolina to the NCAA championship in April. However, many predictions have labeled him a middle first-round pick.

“I’m not worried about it,” he said. “It’s just a bunch of people saying whatever they want. I think I’ll prove a lot of people wrong.

“They kind of doubted me in high school and said I wouldn’t be a good college player. I’ll bet a lot of people wouldn’t have thought I would have wound up being the ACC all-time leading scorer. They can doubt me or whatever, but I got the job done and won a national championship.”

North Carolina teammate Ty Lawson understands the chip Hansbrough carries on his shoulder.

“That would be motivation for anybody,” he said. “Last year everybody told me I would not go until the second round, and it made me want to work harder and come back this year.”

Concern over Hansbrough’s quickness and scoring ability led to much of the criticism. He hopes the predraft camp calms any such fears among NBA personnel.

“I think a lot of times people perceive me as a hard worker,” he said. “Sometimes my skills get overlooked. I’m a capable midrange shooter. I think I’ll prove that at a lot of these workouts.

“Some people say I’m not athletic. I think I move very well, and I move my feet well, too.”

Hansbrough thinks the NBA style of play will make it more possible for him to score.

“I’ve had three people guarding me for the past three years, so when I get to the NBA it’s going to be more one-on-ones. I think that’s a little different for me. I’ll be able to handle that.”

Lawson said he has seen evidence of Hansbrough’s offensive potential.

“You had me and Wayne Ellington and Danny (Green) taking the shots, so there was no point in him doing it, but he had to add that last year at times,” Lawson said. “I really think he’s done a good job with that.”

At this point, the only team to give Hansbrough a private workout is Chicago, although he expects to schedule several more soon. The Bulls had him at the Berto Center last weekend and while there he took a look at the six championship trophies on display at their headquarters.

“I like the tradition,” Hansbrough said. “At North Carolina, we’ve had our tradition ourselves. It would be nice to go to a place that has that same tradition, has a winning program kind of style.

“I saw their (playoff) series against Boston. They’re a pretty tough team. We’ll see what happens.”

Hansbrough had a reputation with college basketball fans for being the sport’s biggest villain, possibly a college version of former Detroit Piston Bill Laimbeer. Regardless of where he goes in the draft, in a higher league Hansbrough can look forward to blending in more while inciting fewer crowds.

“Maybe a little bit, but I’m always going to have people who hate me so much just for some of the things I’ve done at Carolina,” he said. “It’s no big thing for me, but I enjoy it and I have fun with it.”

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hansbrough says evaluate his four-year college body of work, not just a few workouts
    By Rick Bonnell

CHICAGO -- North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough sounds sick of the game.

Not that game; he still loves basketball. It's this game of expectations, a month away from the NBA draft, and it's tiresome.

There's a rule of thumb in the NBA that your projected draft spot approximates how many auditions you should do. The presumed top pick -Oklahoma's Blake Griffin, in this case - might do a single workout. A player projected in the 20s will be asked to work out for two-thirds of the league.

Hansbrough isn't playing that game.

"I'm not going to work out for a lot of teams," Hansbrough asserted Thursday at the NBA combine. "Maybe eight. I did this (college basketball) for four years. They should know I can play."

Hansbrough's tone wasn't petulant. More exasperated. He reminds me of former Wake Forest star Tim Duncan. Not that Hansbrough is in Duncan's class, but they had similarly complete resumes, transitioning from college to the NBA.

Hansbrough doesn't want credit for staying in college four years, but he doesn't deserve demerits, either. In these times, when the default move is to turn pro at the first sniff of a first-round selection, Hansbrough is an anomaly. Maybe a relic.

He stuck around Chapel Hill because he loved the place. He still laughs about the jump off that balcony into a pool, and how that fraternity house ended up with raised insurance rates for the stunt. He's certainly not the first North Carolina grad who delayed departure. But he's ready for the working world.

There's this assumption Hansbrough is flawed because he doesn't jump 2 feet above the rim, make NBA 3-pointers or have post moves so complex, he's Final Jeopardy and the category is "Famous Algorithms."

It's much more elemental. Hansbrough has this knack for getting fouled while shooting in the post. You can watch him score or foul him. It's what every NBA team missed about Brad Miller, coming out of college, and that guy wasn't even drafted. Miller ended up an All-Star.

I'm not saying Hansbrough is an All-Star. I'm saying that in this mediocre draft, teams will come to accept, somewhere in the 20s, that a power forward who consistently goes to the foul line, and makes 84 percent of those attempts, is an asset. Perhaps not as a starter, but certainly as a rotation player.

Hansbrough said Thursday he sent his lucky, pinstripe suit - you know it, the one his teammates called the "mafia suit" - to the Smith Center Museum. It's a fresh start, he explained; you don't wear something for two years, then show up in it on draft night.

But clothes don't make the man, acts do. And Hansbrough's act in the lane will continue to wear well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SF Body? Compare Griffin and Hansborough on measurements:

Tyler Hansbrough 6' 8.25" 6' 9.5" 234 6' 11.5" 8' 10"
    Blake Griffin 6' 8.5 6' 10" 248 6' 11.25" 8' 9"

Hansborough has more wingspan, and more standing reach. 234 is not too light for a PF, and he will likely add some once in the NBA...He's got some skills, and some real steel in his spine.

I won't object if we draft Hansborough at 37...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SF Body? Compare Griffin and Hansborough on measurements:

Tyler Hansbrough 6' 8.25" 6' 9.5" 234 6' 11.5" 8' 10"
    Blake Griffin 6' 8.5 6' 10" 248 6' 11.25" 8' 9"

Hansborough has more wingspan, and more standing reach. 234 is not too light for a PF, and he will likely add some once in the NBA...He's got some skills, and some real steel in his spine.

I won't object if we draft Hansborough at 37...
    Excellent point!!! All I know is this dude got tons of grit and heart, 2 qualities that were missing on this years team. Sometimes a prospect doesnt have to have all the glitz and glamour to prove to be an effective player in the NBA (e.g. a role player). Also, Ive always seen Griffin as a Carmelo Anthony type player in the NBA without the three point range.

Thread Information