1.21 JIGGAWATTS! Lebowski Brickowski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not going to play summer league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because being a starter is ohhhhh so ing important.
    That wasn't the point of that guys post. Dude, seriously, you always do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't the point of that guys post. Dude, seriously, you always do that.
    Thanks, dude. I thought the "close-minded" insult might have tipped him off, but guess not.

And to phila, any way you could share your source? Or is it a secret source?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually be interested in seeing if he opts to play summer league ball for the Spurs. I am only talking 10 to 15 minutes of low pressure playing time against decent players.

Something for Manu to test his ankle, and see how he is doing in terms of getting into shape. Amare did that the summer after he was out for a year.
    I don't understand the point of him playing summer league. There're way better ways of testing his fitness/health than having him play against inferior talent that may be looking to make a name for themselves in the league. The risk / reward seems skewed for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd actually be interested in seeing if he opts to play summer league ball for the Spurs. I am only talking 10 to 15 minutes of low pressure playing time against decent players.

Something for Manu to test his ankle, and see how he is doing in terms of getting into shape. Amare did that the summer after he was out for a year.

I remember that with Amare. I think that might be a good idea to get him in better game play shape. He doesn't have to do anything to serious, just come in and get a few minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to phila, any way you could share your source? Or is it a secret source?
    Hopefully he can fill us in with a real source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll vouch for Phila that he has a couple real legit sources close to the Spurs. I know who they are, but he's not going to say who they are publicly. If you reveal your sources, you won't have sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll vouch for Phila that he has a couple real legit sources close to the Spurs. I know who they are, but he's not going to say who they are publicly. If you reveal your sources, you won't have sources.
    I'm just wondering if it was something that was verbal or written. I understand the whole source thing, just maybe some clarification on how he knows.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are doing the right thing and not offering him a extension and seeing what he does if/when he comes back healthy next year. I'm hoping that with a summer off for him to rest/rehab his legs and this being a contract year, Manu comes out with a vengence and has a great year next season with the Spurs. After that I really don't care what he decides to do whether we keep him or if he decides to go somewhere else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are folks so convinced that Manu is committed to staying a Spur? I think he is disgusted with his treatment here, frankly. I hear so many folks talking about how he "done the Spurs wrong" by playing for Argentina last summer, but Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, and Lebron James all played for the U.S. and they are still in the NBA hunt ( or Anthony and James were until recently). Moreover, Pop treats Ginobili like a poor relation to Mike Finley, Timmy, and Tony. Finally, I think that Manu is simply less vocal in his feelings than some others. I think he will leave. I also think that Tony will leave as soon as Tim does. Folks around here seem to think we are doing these guys a favor by keeping them employed. I think they are very wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not going to play summer league
    yeah how dare he test it out and get in game shape

he is above that
    NOT

Thread Information