Born: Jul 28, 1977
    Height: 6-6 / 1,98
    Weight: 205 lbs. / 93,0 kg.
    Years Pro: 6

info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing Manu will get an offer of 2 years/$18-20M, unless there is an indicator his ankle problem won't get better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Olympics, no world championships.

Manu with healty ankles in contract year, after such upset this year. I`m very optimistic about it.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu.

FTW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs, I don't offer him an extension. I let the 2009-10 season play and to make sure he's going to remain healthy. There's a chance his body breaks down and if that happens, the Spurs need that 2010 flexibility to potentially add a star player.

That said, I think Manu should be fine. He didn't have much statistical drop off this season even though he was never 100%. The Spurs should be able to limit his minutes and hopefully make it so Manu peaks in the playoffs and earns a healthy extension.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let 09-10 play out. If Manu is healthy we offer him a new contract.

I do believe however Manu will let us sign our 2010 agents so we can use his bird rights to go over the cap.
    Won't his 2009-10 salary count 150% against the 2010-11 cap until he is either re-signed or released?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren`t going over the cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't his 2009 salary count 150% against the cap until he is either re-signed or released?
    Correct. The Spurs would either have to re-sign him or renounce him to get that room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't look healthy next year the Spurs should seriously consider trading that expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is the frickin' man. This man will come back next year with a vengeance. And he needs to be a starter. Your best players start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs, I don't offer him an extension. I let the 2009-10 season play and to make sure he's going to remain healthy. There's a chance his body breaks down and if that happens, the Spurs need that 2010 flexibility to potentially add a star player.
    Agreed. No reason to commit beyond the end of his contract until his health can be evaluated (and he retires from the NT). To go a step further, if he does break down, then the Spurs will have to consider what his 10.7M expiring contract could bring at the trade deadline compared to what they might get with cap space.

Here's to two healthy wheels for Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think we should let the 2009-10 season play out to ensure he's healthy and then resign him. I do believe he will be 100% healthy this coming season and Pop will limit his minutes accordingly. Manu will prove to naysayers that he is committed to the Spurs and still has what it takes to help the Spurs win another Championship. I don't think Manu is the type of player that is easily replaceable with all the intangibles he brings with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of teams are going to be calling for Manu trades IMO..teams know the Spurs need some trades, and Manu is a 10 million $ expiring contract..I doubt we'll see him get traded, but there will be teams offering..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is the frickin' man. This man will come back next year with a vengeance. And he needs to be a starter. Your best players start.

You don't understand the whole "limit his minutes" thing do ya...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can play limited minutes as a starter, don't be a close-minded asshole all the time tpark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of teams are going to be calling for Manu trades IMO..teams know the Spurs need some trades, and Manu is a 10 million $ expiring contract..I doubt we'll see him get traded, but there will be teams offering..
    D'Antoni may be calling for Ginobili. Ginobili is one of his favorite players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think we should let the 2009-10 season play out to ensure he's healthy and then resign him. I do believe he will be 100% healthy this coming season and Pop will limit his minutes accordingly. Manu will prove to naysayers that he is committed to the Spurs and still has what it takes to help the Spurs win another Championship. I don't think Manu is the type of player that is easily replaceable with all the intangibles he brings with him.
    Well said! I agree w/your assessment about Manu. I have a feeling he's going to come back healthy and hungrier than ever. I imagine it must have killed him to watch this team bow out so early in the playoffs & he wasn't able to assist them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i see manu taking a pay cut seriously

as crazy as it sounds i believe he might owe it to the fans for his dumbness of playing last season

and try to improve the franchise for the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly do. He still needs to start and end games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can play limited minutes as a starter, don't be a close-minded asshole all the time tpark.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i will be willing to see ginobili go if the right offer comes along. i doubt the spurs can get anyone better in return though. only a handful of shooting guards are as good or better than ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That said, I think Manu should be fine. He didn't have much statistical drop off this season even though he was never 100%. The Spurs should be able to limit his minutes and hopefully make it so Manu peaks in the playoffs and earns a healthy extension.
    Agreed again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also agreed.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah because being a starter is ohhhhh so ing important.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I guess I should bring up a little piece of information I found out before the playoffs started: Had the Spurs made it past the second round Manu would have played in the WCF and NBA finals.

Damn, that might've been the thing to get em past LA too.

Oh well.

That means if he chills this summer he should be MORE than ready to be good for training camp.

Thread Information