Height: 6-5
    Weight: 179 lbs
    Date of Birth: 04/26/1992
    University: Utah

DX Profile

Slotted as Spurs pick at #26 by Draft Express

#8 Pelton's February 12th Statistical Big Board

#3 Draft Express Senior
    Last edited by Drom John; 06-16-2015 at 11:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 23 but I really like his style of play. He can defend and handle the ball which we may need depending on who we lose. His shooting isn't terrible but would need work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple things from the DX profile that really stood out...

Wright has excellent size for a point guard at 6-5...and can make pinpoint passes to cutters and spot-up shooters, primarily in pick and roll and drive and dish situations.
    From an athleticism standpoint, Wright is unique...relies on a very herky-jerky style that helps keep defenders off balance...plays at a variety of different speeds, changing directions frequently with slithery ball-handling moves and crafty footwork...utilizes a variety of different Eurostep moves, ball-fakes and other deceptive techniques...
    Remind you of anyone? If the Spurs are looking for a playmaker off the bench to facilitate next year, this could very well be the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like a good prospect but the dude can't shoot for , tbh. good thing is that the spurs have the best shooting coach in the nba. if they can't fix your shot then no one can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like a good prospect but the dude can't shoot for , tbh. good thing is that the spurs have the best shooting coach in the nba. if they can't fix your shot then no one can.
    Yeah, if he could shoot his name would be DeAngelo Russell and he'd be going in the top-5 of the draft. Everyone in the Spurs range has some flaw that needs to be corrected. Agree that if the Spurs think his shot can be fixed they're the ones who could pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, definitely a kid I'd be interested in. If the Spurs could sit him for a year or two, then I think they'd have something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this kid also. Wish he was a little younger though for a rookie, but if he could fix his shot which I think with chip he will, he can be a really good player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple things from the DX profile that really stood out...

Remind you of anyone? If the Spurs are looking for a playmaker off the bench to facilitate next year, this could very well be the guy.
    Yeah, he's even got the flop going on a few of those charges.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could free up manu in the second unit. or should we look at sf justin anderson for kawhi backup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if he could shoot his name would be DeAngelo Russell and he'd be going in the top-5 of the draft. Everyone in the Spurs range has some flaw that needs to be corrected. Agree that if the Spurs think his shot can be fixed they're the ones who could pull it off.
    His brother Dorell Wright is a pretty good shooter. You think he would have it in him to be a plausible shooter with the right coaching. He did improve in college and shot better his senior year. The form isn't bad either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's going to struggle in the NBA. His Pull up is weak and his shooting overall is just weak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His brother Dorell Wright is a pretty good shooter. You think he would have it in him to be a plausible shooter with the right coaching. He did improve in college and shot better his senior year. The form isn't bad either.
    Blake Griffin has a brother, too. He plays in the d-league. So does Seth Curry, Steph's brother.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin has a brother, too. He plays in the d-league. So does Seth Curry, Steph's brother.
    Cool story!

i bet you were exstatic to write it!

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kinda like the idea of parring him with Mills. He is big enough to guard most 2s so that patty can be on the weaker scorer. A guy with good anticipation and decent ball handling should work in the spurs offense and hopefully his shot can be fixed.

I'm also very interested in seeing how Kyle Anderson looks shooting in the summer league and preseason. If he has a decent shot going I think he'll turn out great, if he doesn't have his jump shot worked ou after a year of trying as a proffesional basketball player its time to trade him while we might be able to get something for him.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back again at #26 Draft Express 15 June 2015.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think the Spurs are gonna take this kid if available, unless a great talent drops.

Thread Information