Position: SF/PF
    Height: 6' 10"
    Weight: 218 lbs
    Birthday: 09/01/1988
    (20 Years Old)

DraftExpress
    nbadraft.net
    ESPN Insider

Coming off an injury, so don't know if he'll be staying in. But being selected as a second-rounder might be preferable, since he wouldn't be locked into a rookie contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver and Casspi are the two most talented international players in the draft outside Rubio. If one of them is available at #37 and if the buyout situation isn't complicate, it's almost a no-brainer to pick him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    old Claver highlights

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver and Casspi are the two most talented international players in the draft outside Rubio. If one of them is available at #37 and if the buyout situation isn't complicate, it's almost a no-brainer to pick him.
    Claver definetly. He is 1st round talent, and I will be surprised if he doesn't withdraw. I think the only thing that's keeping him out of the 1st round is the injury that took away most of the last season for him. I think he entered just to put his name back out there.

I am not sure that I can say the same thing regarding Casspi. He has finally been forced into the draft by the age limit. However, I am not sure he is actually a better prospect than a couple of other Euro forwards - Jonas Jerebko and Vladimir Dasic.

Finally, what is your opinion on Milan Macvan.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124928
    He has also put his name in the draft. I think he is a first round level talent, again who has entered to early. If he leaves his name in, I would seriously contemplate drafting him at #37 if he is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not sure that I can say the same thing regarding Casspi. He has finally been forced into the draft by the age limit.
    No, he hasn't. He is born in 1988. 1987 players are the one to be automatically eligible this year.

However, I am not sure he is actually a better prospect than a couple of other Euro forwards - Jonas Jerebko and Vladimir Dasic.
    Well, maybe you have seen them play more than me but from what I've seen/know, I take Casspi over both, especially over Jerebko who is nothing special.
    The player I forget is Sergio Llull. A nice prospect.

Finally, what is your opinion on Milan Macvan.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124928
    He has also put his name in the draft. I think he is a first round level talent, again who has entered to early. If he leaves his name in, I would seriously contemplate drafting him at #37 if he is available.
    Macvan is something special.
    I remember watching him in the U19 world championship.
    He was one of, if not the, youngest player on the court but was the most dominant player. Serbia won the championship by beating team USA (with players like Stephen Curry, Michael Beasley, Donte Greene, Jonny Flinn...) in the Finale.
    There are some doubts about his ability to play in NBA because of his size/athleticism. If he doesn't make it in the NBA, he will become a great player in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i say get him if hes there

grizzles should take him 2 picks before the spurs but give him one year overseas and the spurs get a lottery pick in the second round if he gets back to normal which he should

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he hasn't. He is born in 1988. 1987 players are the one to be automatically eligible this year.
    In which case, we can safely expect Casspi to withdraw, unless someone gives him a promise in the first round. At which point, we are not seeing him at #37 anyway...

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver has some big contract offers already in Europe. This would be another Splitter/Scola experiment. Spurs need to stop those type of picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop mentioned Claver in Spain:

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Go get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Claver

Position: SF/PF
    Height: 6' 10"
    Weight: 218 lbs
    Does he really have the ability to play the 3 in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How good is he defensively?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    n addition, Popovich praised the trajectory of the wing-pivot Spanish Pau Gasol of the Lakers who he said is one of the stars of the NBA. "Es un gran jugador en muchos aspectos, en defensa y en ataque. Juega con mucha clase y su ac ud es muy buena dentro y fuera de la pista. Es una gran persona", añadió. "It's a great player in many respects, in defense and attack. Plays with a lot of class and his at ude is very good inside and outside the track. It is a great person," he added.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor Claver Bio
    By Mike Lipka

NAME: Victor Claver

POSITION: Forward

HEIGHT: 6-foot-10

WEIGHT: 225 pounds

SCOUTING REPORT: A broken leg derailed a huge chunk of Claver’s season in the Spanish league, and it could end up costing him a chance to be drafted in 2009. But if NBA teams can look beyond his recent adversity, they’ll find an intelligent player with plenty of positives. In addition to his excellent size and long arms, which help him as a defender and a rebounder, the 20-year-old Claver has no trouble knocking down shots. He hit 53.6 percent from the field in his limited action this season for Spanish club Pamesa Valencia. He’s also athletic and aggressive, allowing him to beat slower defenders and get to the basket. It’s unclear whether Claver projects as a small forward or a power forward in the NBA, and he could benefit from some added strength to his slim frame. Due to the injury, Claver could be seen as something of a high-risk, high-reward type pick, and he’s not very good at handling the ball. But if a team chooses him - likely at some point during the second round - it could end up with a valuable role player. There’s also a chance Claver returns to Spain for one more year to further prove himself before entering the 2010 draft.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver has signed a 3 year extension with Valencia. contract has a NBA buy out. (but we know that Spanish clubs put hefty buy outs into their contracts). this should push him down the board to 2nd half of the 2nd round.
    (if Spurs use one of the later picks for him, this could still be some good business down the road)

http://www.tubasket.com/noticiaDetai...t/oliver/14186

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX is reporting that Claver wants to avoid being drafted in the first round to be locked with the rookie scale.
    This year is draft stock is as low as it can be after an injury-plagued year. He could decide to stay in this draft to avoid being a first round pick in 2010.

The pool of college players that should be available at #37 looks far from great so I can definitely see Spurs drafting an euro with that pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver has signed a 3 year extension with Valencia. contract has a NBA buy out. (but we know that Spanish clubs put hefty buy outs into their contracts). this should push him down the board to 2nd half of the 2nd round.
    (if Spurs use one of the later picks for him, this could still be some good business down the road)

http://www.tubasket.com/noticiaDetai...t/oliver/14186
    damn that sucks but it would be really nice to land this guy in the late 2nd round and maybe buy this guy out in 2011 he reminds me of a rashard lewis because of his size and great shooting,imagine him and omri cassipi in about 2 years they could be the best small foward and power foward if they develop well

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be as good of a draft and stash as any. The player(s) we take with the late picks probably won't pan out anyway, so I'd rather take one that has the potential to be an impact player and let him play a couple of more seasons overseas. Even if he never comes over, you don't lose much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.adn.es/local/valencia/200...draft-ano.html

Claver says that he will likely stay in the draft this year. He wants to be drafted in the second round to avoid the rookie scale.
    He has signed a 3 years contract with a NBA buyout (that should be quite big).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget him. Spurs need to never draft anymore players with big buyouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno. I think it's a no-brainer now that we take him with one of our picks in the 50's if he is still there....for reasons I said above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno. I think it's a no-brainer now that we take him with one of our picks in the 50's if he is still there....for reasons I said above.
    Players with big buyouts is useless. Besides he is not as good as NBA fans are saying. He does not have the level to even make a big European club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players with big buyouts is useless. Besides he is not as good as NBA fans are saying. He does not have the level to even make a big European club.
    We are not going to buy him out. That is point of drafting him. Picks in the 50's are usually going to yield you very little anyway. Might as well take a chance on him and see how he develops over the next few years.

And of course he is not that good yet. He is only 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I doubt he will be even available at #37.
    IMO, he will be drafted by Blazers at #32.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I doubt he will be even available at #37.
    IMO, he will be drafted by Blazers at #32.
    Doesn't Portland already have an abundance of players like him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Portland already have an abundance of players like him?
    Aside of Outlaw, not really.
    Blazers also have a lot of young players under contract. Getting with a second round pick, a talented player, who will stay away of their roster, seems to be a damn good deal for them.

Thread Information