(20 Years Old)

DraftExpress
    nbadraft.net
    ESPN Insider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casspi is a nice prospect.

Spurs are said to be really interested in him. Given that he has the possibility to withdraw his name from the draft, I don't know if he will stay in without a first round promise. We will see at the withdrawal deadline on June 15th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shorter and lighter than Gist. Can he really play PF in the NBA?

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks more along the lines of a long 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ford thinks Casspi may sneak into the lottery, but I think Ford's on crack. Late first rounder at best, likely not lasting until 37.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Spurs trade their early 2nd and one of their partially-guaranteed contracts for a late 1st and whatever else so they can get him, if they value him that much. He does fill a position of need. Of course, a 1st rounder means guaranteed money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftExpress has him at #38 to the Blazers. NBADraft.net has him going 29th to the Lakers. It's very possible he slips into the 2nd round, and the Spurs trade up a few spots to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftExpress has him at #38 to the Blazers. NBADraft.net has him going 29th to the Lakers. It's very possible he slips into the 2nd round, and the Spurs trade up a few spots to get him.
    Those early second round picks are worth gold, maybe more than late first round picks, since Euro players with hefty buyouts or who want larger salaries than late first rounders can be had there. The Splitter situation is still fresh in every GM's mind. Casspi is different, he actually wants that guaranteed first round money, so trading for one of those late first round spots might not only be easier, but would allow him to stay in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs deal for a 1st rounder? Yes, teams are allegedly wary of the guaranteed contracts, but is that a major concern? In the mid to low 20s the rookie scale is low enough that a bum draftee doesn't really hurt a team, save for one that is close to the lux tax threshold or one who is looking to clear cap. Towards the middle of the 1st round the salaries are more significant, but so is the chance of landing a real talent. I could see the Spurs perhaps getting back into the 1st round by offering some mix of cap relief, cash money, and the #37. But they may just be able to find a contributor at #37 and save the use of Bowen and Oberto's partially guaranteed contracts for a different target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could the Spurs deal for a 1st rounder? Yes, teams are allegedly wary of the guaranteed contracts, but is that a major concern? In the mid to low 20s the rookie scale is low enough that a bum draftee doesn't really hurt a team, save for one that is close to the lux tax threshold or one who is looking to clear cap. Towards the middle of the 1st round the salaries are more significant, but so is the chance of landing a real talent. I could see the Spurs perhaps getting back into the 1st round by offering some mix of cap relief, cash money, and the #37. But they may just be able to find a contributor at #37 and save the use of Bowen and Oberto's partially guaranteed contracts for a different target.
    Cash considerations alone could do it this year in the 25-30 range. More a Portland tactic for stocking talent, but I wouldn't rule it out if the Spurs really like someone like Casspi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cash considerations alone could do it this year in the 25-30 range. More a Portland tactic for stocking talent, but I wouldn't rule it out if the Spurs really like someone like Casspi.
    la could possibly be one that we can trade with maybe we can give them bonner and our late 2nd round pick he could probably work well in the triangle offense while we get danny green and sergio lull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    la could possibly be one that we can trade with maybe we can give them bonner and our late 2nd round pick he could probably work well in the triangle offense while we get danny green and sergio lull
    We'd have to pay them to take Bonner. And I don't think they'd be be likely to help us on the cheap, I'd say any other team in that 25-30 range would be likelier than the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd have to pay them to take Bonner. And I don't think they'd be be likely to help us on the cheap, I'd say any other team in that 25-30 range would be likelier than the Lakers.
    agree

25: Thunder- they have a outside scoring big guy with nestic or whatever

26: Bulls-Possibility e ally if gordon looks like he might leave they might want to take a short term contract

27: Grizzles-Highly doubt it but west has been poked in the eyes before but could make gasol into a better low post scorer with bonner playing outside and getting alot of open oppoutunitys with a good offense

28: Wolves: Might want to clear out space for i guess 2010 themselves bonner could help with jefferson inside, cardinal sucks now so bonner can replace him

30:Cavs: Danny Ferry might want a player like him that is white and can shoot the 3's jsut ferry actually helped us in the playoffs in 2001 and somewhat in 2002

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omri Casspi Bio
    By Mike Lipka

NAME: Omri Casspi

POSITION: Forward

HEIGHT: 6-foot-8

WEIGHT: 225 pounds

SCOUTING REPORT: While a few Israeli players have been drafted, none have ever suited up for an NBA team. Casspi is hoping to change that, and he could start by becoming the first player from Israel to be selected in the first round. Casspi, who will be 21 in June, thought about entering last year’s draft, but reportedly did not get a first-round guarantee and thus returned to Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv. While there’s a chance the same thing could happen this year, he seems to have improved his stock with another strong season in which he shot better than 50 percent from the field and averaged 8.8 points in just 17.4 minutes. Most likely a small forward in the NBA, the confident Casspi has refined his game at both ends of the court, but especially notable is his versatile offensive arsenal, which features an ability to exploit matchups due to his blend of size and aggressiveness inside, and shooting ability and athleticism outside. Casspi also is an adequate ball handler with a solid transition game, and could bring a measure of intensity ideal for an NBA bench. He could stand to add some bulk to his slim frame, and there are at ude-related issues that raise doubts about whether he’d happily serve as an energy player off the bench in the NBA. While that may likely be his eventual role, his body and skills give him the potential to play it very well, whether that’s in 2009-10 or later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a heads up, Draft Express has us drafting him in the second round now.
    Don't read too much about it. They have written above their mock "Team needs have NOT yet been taken into account in this mock draft."

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shorter and lighter than Gist. Can he really play PF in the NBA?
    He is 6-9 not 6-8. But yes he is a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but forwards and centers seem to be something the Spurs want to draft at this point.
    Yes, if Casspi is available at 37, I'm quite sure Spurs will draft him.

We should have a better idea at who will be available for Spurs on June 15th after the withdrawal deadline. It's possible that Casspi withdraw his name if he doesn't get a first round promise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casspi or Claver plus Bourousis as a FA signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have spent a lot of time scouting Casspi over the years. If he's there at 37, I'm pretty damn sure the Spurs will pick him.

But he's going to move up after others withdraw from the draft. I can't imagine him tumbling to 37.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no doubt about his talent and potential. he could (and should) be a 1st rounder.
    he also would fill many of the Spurs needs at the SF position.
    but I absolutely can't stand this guy. I really can't see how this often arrogant behavior will fit with the Spurs. it's not this kind of nastiness and poise, the Spurs sometimes lack. it's this KG thing. this shouting at other teams players after dunks or excessive posture after a good play. I saw some of his show offs and think, what an a..hole.
    however, many will argue about the Spurs environment and how they can reform such a guy. maybe true.
    I still hope that when the Spurs pick and if there will be either Casspi and Dasic on the board, they will pick Dasic. better size, better athleticism and the much better defender. (he's a very good defender, not only by European standards). I think both have similar upside, but the downside of Casspi is total bust, meanwhile Dasic should at least become a Najera type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Casspi or Claver plus Bourousis as a FA signing.
    and throw in green and llull and we'll be set for the future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does seem to have a bit of at ude (lol, he would have like 38 Techs for hanging on the rim in the NBA), but that might not be a bad thing if he can channel it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but forwards and centers seem to be something the Spurs want to draft at this point.
    Centers? Why would the Spurs draft a center? IMO that's the absolute last position for which they'll draft.

Thread Information