Page 10 of 143 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I think Gomes would be a better fit for the Spurs than Nocioni. Would love to get him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gomes has been high on my wish list for years. I think we passed him up in the draft for Ian a few years back. Always wondered "what if"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mahinmi and Mase for Tyrus Thomas
    Finley and Mase (and Mahinmi if they want him) for Kapono
    Mahinmi, Finley, Mason, and Bonner for Vladimir Radmanovic and Raja Bell

Just spitballin

NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5305732

Roughly two and a half months away from trade deadline but something to ponder if the Nets keep up their losing ways.

Mahinmi, Haislip and Hairston probably get to at least play in games which allows them a better opportunity to stay or land with another team in the league.

Spurs in (Lopez) gets a traditional 7 footer at C; Duncan and Dyess get their minutes more closely regulated for the playoffs; Splitter (maybe) comes next season; Duncan can extend his career and Spurs have a core of young talented post players to help continue the quest after Duncan retires.

This would also work if the Nets were to want more of a guarantee in receiving a player other than just building from FA and lottery picks if the Spurs were to throw Splitter in the mix to land Lopez.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brook Lopez will be a legit big in a couple of seasons...perhaps as early as next season. Why would the Nets want our scraps for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brook Lopez will be a legit big in a couple of seasons...perhaps as early as next season. Why would the Nets want our scraps for him?
    Yeah...It would make since for the Nets to keep Lopez and build upon a young core as well as explore FA and the draft. That along with the possible move to Brooklyn would make it a tempting place for big name FA's to want to play.

This all depending on which road ownership decides to travel.

Granted they (Nets) picked up Lopez's option just on the 29th. But one has to wonder based on past actions if that means anything at all about their perceived direction.

Interesting article:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...to_infamy.html

Anyway. I'm basically tinkering right now with a thought that came to my mind without any solid basis of this remotely becoming a possibility.

But stranger things have happened in this league...aka Memphis and Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway. I'm basically tinkering right now with a thought that came to my mind without any solid basis of this remotely becoming a possibility.

But stranger things have happened in this league...aka Memphis and Gasol.
    Sorry, but this has become the most hackneyed excuse for any and every improbable scenario.

Trading Lopez for scraps would be far stranger than the Gasol deal. The Gasol trade relieved Memphis of a huge multi-year contract. New Jersey has Lopez for two more seasons after this one on his rookie contract and then has him as an RFA in the summer of 2012. There is no remotely plausible scenario in which NJ makes the trade you propose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, but this has become the most hackneyed excuse for any and every improbable scenario.

Trading Lopez for scraps would be far stranger than the Gasol deal. The Gasol trade relieved Memphis of a huge multi-year contract. New Jersey has Lopez for two more seasons after this one on his rookie contract and then has him as an RFA in the summer of 2012. There is no remotely plausible scenario in which NJ makes the trade you propose.
    Thanks. And thanks to benefactor as well.

As I said before...tinkering. But it seams that NJ, if they can't get something sustainable going this year, might have to tinker as well.

Vanderweigh might be able to do something as far as turning their current talent into at least a respectable team. And I read that Patrick Ewing has an interest as well.

The trade scenario I proposed wasn't meant to help that team now rather than give the Nets options for better possibilities next year if all else fails in that organization this year.

But you're correct. I might as well box this idea somewhere on a shelf and dust it off later if anything tangible presents itself in the future regarding Lopez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. And thanks to benefactor as well.

As I said before...tinkering. But it seams that NJ, if they can't get something sustainable going this year, might have to tinker as well.

Vanderweigh might be able to do something as far as turning their current talent into at least a respectable team. And I read that Patrick Ewing has an interest as well.

The trade scenario I proposed wasn't meant to help that team now rather than give the Nets options for better possibilities next year if all else fails in that organization this year.

But you're correct. I might as well box this idea somewhere on a shelf and dust it off later if anything tangible presents itself in the future regarding Lopez.
    Now they may trade Lopez, but not for scraps.

A plausible scenarion may look something like this:

NJ has a ton of cap space for next summer. They're also very likely to have a top-3 lottery pick. So they go after Lebron, Wade, or Bosh and one of those guys wants to play for the Russian billionaire. Well, NJ can offer a five year deal for about 30M less than the six year deal they can get from their original teams. The original team wants to get something for their franchise player. So then you get a sign and trade with Lopez and the lottery pick going out and the big name free agent coming in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone on board with Mahinmi/Mason for Krstic from OKC? The rebirth of Rasho?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone on board with Mahinmi/Mason for Krstic from OKC? The rebirth of Rasho?
    Nope, plus no reason for OKC to do it. They have plenty of guards and Ibaka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Hibbert who is seeing less and less time as the pacers go on, it would be nice to add a 7'1 center with that kind of potential. I know hes not playing right now because hes defending hasnt been that well but maybe duncan and pop can fix that, i mean look at how well Blair has improved already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana isn't going to move him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Mason for Tyrus Thomas?? gives them a shooter to stretch the floor and gives us a shot blocker.
    Last edited by 5in10; 12-10-2009 at 03:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds more and more like a circle jerk where guys just want to give useless pieces for something good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5318614

Parker/McDyess for Bosh. Bosh has been reportedly unhappy in Toronto. Toronto is playing under .500 ball. Maybe they do the trade maybe not.

The differentials in ppg and rebounds are a near wash with 4.9 assists fewer for the Spurs. But IMO...what Bosh brings is what the team lacks the most as far as need and that's another legitiment, athletic big that would significantly help Duncan and this team's chances at advancing in the playoffs.

I believe, with a more ball movemnet type of offense, the team should be able to survive the loss of Parker with Hill, Ginobili and Mason all pulling duty at the position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker/McDyess for Bosh. Bosh has been reportedly unhappy in Toronto. Toronto is playing under .500 ball. Maybe they do the trade maybe not.

The differentials in ppg and rebounds are a near wash with 4.9 assists fewer for the Spurs. But IMO...what Bosh brings is what the team lacks the most as far as need and that's another legitiment, athletic big that would significantly help Duncan and this team's chances at advancing in the playoffs.

I believe, with a more ball movemnet type of offense, the team should be able to survive the loss of Parker with Hill, Ginobili and Mason all pulling duty at the position.
    What makes you think the Raptors do this trade? I loled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think the Raptors do this trade? I loled.
    I really couldn't tell you. I'm not sure how the mindset of Toronto or Spur's FO may or may not think if this offer were to be made. I was laughing on the inside myself when looking into it.

http://raptors.realgm.com/articles/6...sing_patience/

Who knows what their mind set will be if later by trade deadline Toronto isn't winning. They might consider getting something for Bosh instead of watching him leave next year and get nothing in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really couldn't tell you. I'm not sure how the mindset of Toronto or Spur's FO may or may not think if this offer were to be made. I was laughing on the inside myself when looking into it.

http://raptors.realgm.com/articles/6...sing_patience/

Who knows what their mind set will be if later by trade deadline Toronto isn't winning. They might consider getting something for Bosh instead of watching him leave next year and get nothing in return.
    Either way, Raptor fans on RealGM said it as much. Bosh or Bargnani can be had for a hard nosed center, not a PG.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

please stop it.
    those proposals are getting more and more ridiculous, especially when you try to argue conclusively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please stop it.
    those proposals are getting more and more ridiculous, especially when you try to argue conclusively.
    Sorry if this is non-sense to you. But, this is a "General Trades Discussion" forum. And that's exactly what this was..."General". This trade scenario makes more sense than many of the ones I've seen posted. Especially involving a player (Bosh) that might get away for nothing from a team that might want to get something for him if they continue to struggle this year. And in general...a trade for one big for another (or one PG for another) rarely happens.

That plus... Bosh has stated publicly that he would like to go to a contending team if he were to ever leave Toronto. San Antonio definately fits that bill. Also, the Raptors run a style of offense that would benefit both Parker and McDyess in the interim as well as provide the Raptors with bargaining power to trade next year. Something...next year...they wouldn't have in Bosh.

It might not be imaginable at this point. But neither (for many here) was Jefferson to San Antonio nor Gasol to the Lakers when that happened.

As far as a "conclusive" arguement. Tell me one that you have seen come to fruition from this site. It generally becomes a swarm of "Yeah that works" after the fact it is done as if those stating the obvious after it was done had a clue it was going to happen before it happened.

You tell me...would there be another trade for a legitiment big that would make more sense than this?

I'm open for suggestions since this is the place to make them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure that's what MB meant by "arguing conclusively"; I think it refers more to some of the underlying assumptions which have to be accepted under your scenario.

I do understand where you are coming from on Bosh. There is a legitimate concern in Toronto that they may lose the guy and have nothing to show in return. So it makes sense that Toronto would explore trading him to at least get some value back. I heard Chris Rock (yes, the comedian) make a similar argument about Lebron...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure that's what MB meant by "arguing conclusively"; I think it refers more to some of the underlying assumptions which have to be accepted under your scenario.

I do understand where you are coming from on Bosh. There is a legitimate concern in Toronto that they may lose the guy and have nothing to show in return. So it makes sense that Toronto would explore trading him to at least get some value back. I heard Chris Rock (yes, the comedian) make a similar argument about Lebron...
    And it was really funny, being a comedian and all. Besides that, why would the Raptors trade Bosh now when they can offer him the most money come 2010 free agency and can do a sign and trade for assets. Why take a lowball offer before the trade deadline?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm cool with Bargnani. But I wouldnt be willing to give up Parker if we dont get a solid/decent PG back somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm cool with Bargnani. But I wouldnt be willing to give up Parker if we dont get a solid/decent PG back somehow.
    Bargnani is Poison Pill Provision, making him very hard to be traded for.

Thread Information