Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it was really funny, being a comedian and all. Besides that, why would the Raptors trade Bosh now when they can offer him the most money come 2010 free agency and can do a sign and trade for assets. Why take a lowball offer before the trade deadline?
    Yes they could offer more. But Bosh seems to be wanting more than just a salary and he's in the driver's seat next year. If the Raptors want to genuinly get something in value for the return...they might have to do it this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hat-about-bosh

Would the Spurs give up the rights to Splitter? Would the Raptors accept that as well. Would the Spurs benefit that much by having Bosh?

February might be very telling of the answers to these questions. But as of now...if needed to help the Spurs win this year...I can't think of another big that could be brought in that would be as available as Bosh.

If there is/would be...I'm open for suggestions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 76ers suck so bad, some of their guys might be available as well. They are looking for a salary dump because revenue dropped so badly (at least that is what I heard from Sixer fans). Iggy might be available.

Seperate post entirely: Rumor has it that Ramon Sessions may be shipped out. And I like Ryan Gomes from the Wolves. Because Sessions cannot be traded until 3 months after he signed his contract. This deal would need to be done after the timeline.

The Spurs give out Roger Mason ($3,780,000) + Ian Mahinmi ($989,670) + Matt Bonner ($3,256,500) = $8,026,170

The Timberwolves give out Ryan Gomes ($3,892,500) + Ramon Sessions ($3,670,667) = $7,563,167

Don't bother checking this with trade machines because it wouldn't work as I have explained earlier. The numbers work in the CBA.

Explaination for the Spurs: We get a backup PG in Ramon Sessions and shift George Hill to full time SG, he can handle PG duties in sporadic minutes or when there is an injury. George Hill's natural position is the SG, and his potential can be maximised there. he is clearly not a playmaker, he is a slasher though. We also get a competent backup small forward/power forward in Ryan Gomes and get size for the SF spot. You would not want Michael Finley playing minutes, would you? The Spurs also get some tax relief, albeit only a little. Oh ya, Sessions can play some 2 guard for a while too, so you can play both Sessions and Hill together for some stretches when guys like Manu and Tony need some rest.

Explanation for the Wolves: Both Sessions and Gomes do not fit the team's future plan. They have Flynn and Rubio's rights. They are also long contracts. The Wolves have expressed interest in the 2010 FA class (that is what Kahn said), with players like Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay to accompany Al Jefferson and Kevin Love. Our expiring contracts give the Wolves more cap space come 2010. They also get a prospect in Ian Mahinmi, not much, but hey, it is something. If the Wolves don't like him, he is just another expiring contract. The Spurs might add a 1st, though, but the Wolves have too many draft picks or we might give them Malik Hairston. Roger Mason and Matt Bonner are what the Wolves need to stretch the floor. The Wolves lack shooters.

So, do both teams do it? I thought a lot about this and it is certainly not a one-sided trade.

It is now 15 December. This means that any player signed this year can officially be traded.
    Last edited by Chieflion; 12-15-2009 at 04:56 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be 100% on board with the above post. Love Gomes' game and think we could use Hill at the two more often than at the point.

How about this trade:

Mason/Finley/Bogans to NO
    for
    Posey/Devin Brown

NO gets to dump some salary now that they are a franchise in trouble and get a poor man's Posey in return along with a seasoned vet for the locker room and a shooter.

We get a clutch player in Posey not to mention a great defender and another scoring threat in Brown who gets to return to SA once and for all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be 100% on board with the above post. Love Gomes' game and think we could use Hill at the two more often than at the point.

How about this trade:

Mason/Finley/Bogans to NO
    for
    Posey/Devin Brown

NO gets to dump some salary now that they are a franchise in trouble and get a poor man's Posey in return along with a seasoned vet for the locker room and a shooter.

We get a clutch player in Posey not to mention a great defender and another scoring threat in Brown who gets to return to SA once and for all.
    Posey is done being good and Devin Brown sucks. Sorry, the Spurs would never do this deal because of Posey's ty contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for Atlanta and Dallas, I think any superstar from a team with an expiring contract can be had before the trade deadline "IF" the team feels that it can't win a championship this year and, they are certain that their superstar will bolt out after the season.
    - So here's to Toronto, Cleveland or Miami to lose a few more games than they are comfortable with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a servicable big man or a defensive wing in the league that we can get in return for Finley/Ian? It seems that they are the most expendable and could possibly give us something in return. Just not sure if there is a team out there that would want those two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Mason, Ian Mahimni, and Michael Finley and a future 1st rounder for

Jared Jefferies and Wilson Chandler

Why would Knicks do it?

Knicks would clear another 6.8 million off the books next year as they prepare for the summer of Le'Bron.

Why would Spurs do it?

Spurs would get an athletic long three in Chandler to come off the bench that can put the ball on the floor and hi

Jefferies has been a bust for the majority of his contract, but has been playing decent as of late. Jefferies contract for another year at 6.8 million would be worth it considering the addition of Chandler off the bench.

This would give the Spurs a lineup as such:

McDyess
    Duncan
    Jefferson
    Bogans
    Parker

Bench:

Manu
    Hill
    Chandler
    Blair
    Ratliff
    Bonner
    Jefferies

* Inactive list: Hairston, Haislip

Just a thought..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=969821

Spurs get Hedo Turklogu, Kyle Korver and Chris Bosh.
    Spurs give up Richard Jefferson, DeJuan Blair, Manu Ginobili and Antonio McDyess.

Raptors get Carlos Boozer, Andrei Kirilenko and DeJuan Blair.
    Raptors give up Chris Bosh and Hedo Turklogu.

Jazz get Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess.
    Jazz give up Kyle Korver, Carlos Boozer and Andrei Kirilenko.

Read the link for more information.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first i thought: oh no, not another of those proposals. but it makes some sense for all teams. the downside for the Spurs: if Bosh leaves to play with Wade in Miami or maybe even Lebron in NY, or he goes to Chicago (a very good chance he takes one of those offers), then the Spurs will have traded RJ, Dice, Manu and Blair for Hedo (who is on a huge contract and on the wrong side of 30), but they also won't be a player in the 2010 free agency. (just 8 million cap space).
    big big gamble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hedo's contract would pretty much prevent the Spurs from being legitiment players in keeping Bosh unless they could dump Hedo to another team.

I agree with mountainballer...big big gamble.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darko Milicic anyone? Seems like he isn't happy and is going back to Europe next year. Maybe we can grab him from the Knicks for 2nd rd pick?

http://www.freep.com/article/2009121...pe-next-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=969812
    I actually like it. I was just wondering about Elton Brand's contract and health, but we secure our starting wing and defender in Iggy for years. Philly seems to want the Knicks pick from Utah though.
    Spurs outgoing: Richard Jefferson, Manu Ginobili, Antonio McDyess
    Spurs incoming: Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala, Kyle Korver

Jazz outgoing: Carlos Boozer, Andrei Kirilenko, Kyle Korver
    Jazz incoming: Richard Jefferson, Manu Ginobili, Antonio McDyess

76ers outgoing: Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala
    76ers incoming: Carlos Boozer, Andrei Kirilenko

Case for San Antonio: They create the best starting frontcourt in the NBA with Brand and Duncan while reloading with an all-star calibre wing in Iguodala who's just entering his prime. Korver provides some financial flexibility when his contract expires after the season...

Parker
    Mason/Finley
    Iguodala/Korver
    Brand/Bonner
    Duncan/Bonner

Case for Utah: They upgrade their SG and SF positions with Ginobili and Jefferson without sacrificing any of their longterm core. McDyess provides solid minutes as well as leadership to the frontcourt. Boozer's departure clears the way for Millsap to take on a significant role...

Williams/Maynor
    Ginobili/Brewer
    Jefferson/Brewer
    Millsap/McDyess
    Okur/Millsap

Case for Philly: They give themselves complete and total financial freedom for the summer of 2011 when Kirilenko, Dalembert, Kapono and Willie Green come off the books clearing approx. 40 million. Boozer's expiring could be flipped for longterm assets and picks...

Williams/Holiday
    Iverson/Williams/Green
    Young/Kirilenko
    Boozer/Speights
    Dalembert//Boozer/Speights

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Utah want this though?..

Boozer's contract comes off the books either way, so they're basically just getting Richard Jefferson's bad contract and McDyess for an extra year, in exchange for giving up Kirilenko's large contract that expires before RJ's does?..

If Philly wants their pick from the Knicks, that's even less incentive for them to do it..am I missing something?..

I like it for us..that would still allow us to sign Splitter, we would have to fill the roster with some minimum players at the end though, so using Hairston and re-signing Bogans would be good options..

I don't see why Utah or Philly does it though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Utah want this though?..

Boozer's contract comes off the books either way, so they're basically just getting Richard Jefferson's bad contract and McDyess for an extra year, in exchange for giving up Kirilenko's large contract that expires before RJ's does?..

If Philly wants their pick from the Knicks, that's even less incentive for them to do it..am I missing something?..

I like it for us..that would still allow us to sign Splitter, we would have to fill the roster with some minimum players at the end though, so using Hairston and re-signing Bogans would be good options..

I don't see why Utah or Philly does it though..
    For Utah, Kirlenko's contract is shaved off, I think you got the wrong idea, RJ's contract expires in 2011, same as Kirilenko and provides the wing volume scorer for Utah. and Millsap gets some deserving playing time. For Philly, they shave off Elton Brand's contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, I thought RJ expired later..his contract is similar though, I don't see the point of doing that..it just seems like a lateral move for Utah..if they have to give up their NY pick, why would they do it?..

I understand why Philly would think about it, but is dumping Brand's bad contract worth giving up Iguodala?..I guess it would depend on how high they are on him for the future..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, I thought RJ expired later..his contract is similar though, I don't see the point of doing that..it just seems like a lateral move for Utah..if they have to give up their NY pick, why would they do it?..

I understand why Philly would think about it, but is dumping Brand's bad contract worth giving up Iguodala?..I guess it would depend on how high they are on him for the future..
    Utah gets Ginobili and Jefferson, two guys who can score when needed to, which Kirilenko does not provide. I don't know whether they will give up the 1st though.

For Philly, I had the same thoughts as you did, but come 2011, the 76ers will have huge cap space after Kirilenko and Dalembert's contracts expire. Sacrificing Iggy would shift Thad Young to ful time small forward, and Marresse Spieghts after his injury would get more playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doing this quick. Gotta run. But...What does Minnesota stand to loose this year? What does Toronto stand to loose next year?

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5340337

Opinions?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of understand why the Raptors would potentially do it..why would Minnesota though?..Kevin Love is a very good prospect, but they'll trade him AND Sessions just to get back Splitter, a guy that might not even come over AND could be worse than Love?..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doing this quick. Gotta run. But...What does Minnesota stand to loose this year? What does Toronto stand to loose next year?

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5340337

Opinions?
    Minnesota spits in your face. They should be the one getting Bosh.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    No way Minny trades a young prospect at PG and a young double double guy in Love for a guy stuck in Europe who they can only hope would be as good as the player they are giving away (Love) and for a guy that is on his last leg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do this trade.

Duncan next to a young, promising center is probably the highest on my wish list. Sell Parker as high as possible, while getting a veteran PG back.

Spurs get:

Al Horford (4.3 mil)
    Mike Bibby (6.2 mil)

Hawks get:

Tony Parker (12.6 mil)
    Theo Ratliff (league min)

Spurs lineup:

C: Al Horford / DeJuan Blair
    PF: Tim Duncan / Antonio McDyess
    SF: Richard Jefferson / Keith Bogans
    SG: Roger Mason / Manu Ginobili
    PG: Mike Bibby / George Hill

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Hawks give their core in theirs possibly best franchise season to come ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do this trade.

Duncan next to a young, promising center is probably the highest on my wish list. Sell Parker as high as possible, while getting a veteran PG back.

Spurs get:

Al Horford (4.3 mil)
    Mike Bibby (6.2 mil)

Hawks get:

Tony Parker (12.6 mil)
    Theo Ratliff (league min)

Spurs lineup:

C: Al Horford / DeJuan Blair
    PF: Tim Duncan / Antonio McDyess
    SF: Richard Jefferson / Keith Bogans
    SG: Roger Mason / Manu Ginobili
    PG: Mike Bibby / George Hill
    Al Horford arguably has more trade value than Tony Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Hawks give their core in theirs possibly best franchise season to come ?
    Bingo: most trades Spurs fans suggest care little about how the proposed trades behoove the trade partners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree we should propose trades, at least, possible...but at the some time there are trades out there totally unbalanced just because of salary drops, like the last one that gave to the Thunders Mynor ( a player that would have been important for us 'couse of his play making skills).
    Pairing good value players (that we have) with expiring contracts (that we still have) should give us something good in return...just have to wait for the right moment...

Thread Information