Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol (2/$32M; 23.5M guaranteed) and 18 for Fournier (3/$51M)? Not sure I'd do it, but it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone: They'd get out from Gasol and fill a need in the back court, essentially redistributing their 3rd highest salary in the process.

They could then use the MLE on a center, such as Dedmon (p/o), Nogueira (RFA), Len or Baynes.
    That would be a heist for us, and great use of 18. Not sure there is enough value in there for Orlando. Think they’d have to add Mulitinov/Kyle/Bertans too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just having fun, so putting this here (think it was from another thread): https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3954575

What do folks think about a Knicks package around Porzingos and 9? Keep in mind Porzingos is also coming off injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just having fun, so putting this here (think it was from another thread): https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3954575

What do folks think about a Knicks package around Porzingos and 9? Keep in mind Porzingos is also coming off injury.
    I think there is a Knicks trade based around porzingus and the pick thays interesting. It just depends on how it compares to what other teams put on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a heist for us, and great use of 18. Not sure there is enough value in there for Orlando. Think they’d have to add Mulitinov/Kyle/Bertans too.
    Presuming Leonard is retained, a solid young veteran, who can help win now, makes more sense than a pick that would probably take multiple years to do so, if it even proves capable. The good thing with Fournier is, he's not a big enough name to quibble with being the clear 3rd option, plus he can space the floor for Leonard and Aldridge and provide some secondary creation.

Bledsoe, whose clearly better, basically went for a slightly better version of this. New management wants to put their stamp on the team and I'm not sure they could do better for a player who is now overpaid, with little to no remaining upside and has had some durability issues.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do raise an interesting question of what it would take to move Pau. I Just don’t think getting the Magic’s best or second best player in exchange for 18 and the privilege of taking back our bad salary will get it done for the Magic.
    Last edited by CGD; 04-28-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A pick would have to go with Pau, maybe 2... if we are to unload Pau

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now i do think Pau becomes more valuable in Feb. for a team looking for cap relief. Strictly a hypothetical, but I could see a Pau for Noah swap (he’ll only have one year left) for Knick assets. Knicks can opt not to pick up Pau last year and save 10M.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do raise an interesting question of what it would take to move Pau. I Just don’t think getting the Magic’s best or second best player in exchange for 18 and the privilege of taking back our bad salary will get it done for the Magic.
    You could be right, but it's at least plausible. Draft picks and financial flexibility are gold, especially for a re-building team and they don't have enough of either (they more so have quan y than quality of picks). Presuming they couldn't trade Gasol and paid him in full on a buyout (which is unlikely since this would be mutually beneficial), they'd save $27.5M.

Another likely center option in free agency and a better one than the four I named, is O'Quinn (p/o).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte/Fatty/Pau/18th pick for Kemba/Batum/Fillers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte/Fatty/Pau/18th pick for Kemba/Batum/Fillers
    I would certainly think hard about it; probably do it, especially if Gay opts out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would certainly think hard about it; probably do it, especially if Gay opts out.
    Dude, that Batum deal isn’t insane. Has 3 more years after this one at about 25M per. Then you have to extend Kemba, which with Leonard and Aldridge gives you a 110M roster just with those dudes.

I feel bad for Kemba bc it seems his fate is tied to Batum hot garbage deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about a deal based on a Beal-Leonard swap? It feels like that the Wall-Beal experiment has run its course.

Something like this but with picks from WAS who owns 15 this year and has their own first each of the next two years: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8rlt3pz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see something more in line with Mills + Paul + our 1st to Sacramento for Bogdanovic + Skal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe, and would think SPURS will do a sign & trade of some kind.. I am thinking Most likely KIWI will resign, then we'll send him on his way somewhere tropical not named Miami.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe, and would think SPURS will do a sign & trade of some kind.. I am thinking Most likely KIWI will resign, then we'll send him on his way somewhere tropical not named Miami.
    We might but, we won't be signing and sending him on this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh we won’t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Brown would love to have Mills in Philly. Maybe we can get an expiring contract and a second round pick for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three way trade:

SPURS: Fultz, Fornier, Covington, Saric, 10 (Philly), 35 (Orlando)

PHI: Leonard, Mills

ORL: Murray, Pau, 49 (Spurs)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a perfect trade though not sure about Murray

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Brown would love to have Mills in Philly. Maybe we can get an expiring contract and a second round pick for him.
    I'd like to get bayless (expiring) and korkmaz for mills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three way trade:

I like that....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three way trade:

Why would Orlando do that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Orlando do that?
    - Murray is a good + cost controlled
    - ORL desperately needs a starting PG
    - They need a refresh and build around core of Issac, 2018 pick, and Gordon
    - 25m+ in long term savings for small market team that is about to overpay grossly for Gordon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Murray is a good + cost controlled
    - ORL desperately needs a starting PG
    - They need a refresh and build around core of Issac, 2018 pick, and Gordon
    - 25m+ in long term savings for small market team that is about to overpay grossly for Gordon
    By this logic, you think they'd not only value Murray more than 18, but by such an extent that they'd also be willing move down 14 spots in the 2nd round.

I don't see it. I doubt most would view Murray as the long term answer at PG at this juncture, let alone a re-building team that should continue picking high in the near future, which means more than likely having access to a bunch of better PG prospects. Also, this regime just jettisoned Payton, a more established sub par shooting PG, for a high 2nd. If they didn't believe in him, there's no reason to think they would in Murray.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By this logic, you think they'd not only value Murray more than 18, but by such an extent that they'd also be willing move down 14 spots in the 2nd round.

I don't see it. I doubt most would view Murray as the long term answer at PG at this juncture, let alone a re-building team that should continue picking high in the near future, which means more than likely having access to a bunch of better PG prospects. Also, this regime just jettisoned Payton, a more established sub par shooting PG, for a high 2nd. If they didn't believe in him, there's no reason to think they would in Murray.
    Yup, that’s my logic.

The bigger peice here is the trajectory of the Orlando franchise. Fournier is one of the last hold over parts of their first attempted and failed rebuild effort around Vuc, Fornier, Peyton, Oledepo, and Harris. Three of those dudes are gone and Vuc is expiring next year.

And, Murray’s star has never been higher. Dude will be on one of the all-defense teams this year, and if you redraft 2016 class today he’s a top 8 selection.

Murray would be a great peice of their next rebuild attempt. He’d go with Gordon, Issac, and solid Top 5 pick (which btw might be Doncic, a significantly better and younger version of Fournier).

Thread Information