Page 132 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that Fultz + Dario + 10 trade turned into Fultz + Dario + Zharie + Phx 2021 pick. It’d still do that trade.
    So would I.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO the best trade for the spurs would be with the Celtics for Jaylen Brown and the Memphis & Sacramento picks. Our spacing may be if Jaylen or Murray can't ever develop a consistent 3 pt shot. However, if they do we will have our PG, SG, and SF of the future all 21 yrs old or younger. Two potential lottery picks for a team that rarely strikes out in the draft would help round out a core that is ready to compete when the warriors are trending down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO the best trade for the spurs would be with the Celtics for Jaylen Brown and the Memphis & Sacramento picks. Our spacing may be if Jaylen or Murray can't ever develop a consistent 3 pt shot. However, if they do we will have our PG, SG, and SF of the future all 21 yrs old or younger. Two potential lottery picks for a team that rarely strikes out in the draft would help round out a core that is ready to compete when the warriors are trending down.
    As nice as that would be ... Not sure Boston gives up any of those. I think they are more likely to give up the Memphis pick (they have a better shot at being a playoff team if everyone is healthy). Sac will almost certainly be a lottery team next year ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoop had me looking, but I'm pretty sure this is my tiest take:

I don't think he beats out Splitter directly, let alone Splitter and four mid-level prospects. Splitter has a better contract (Tiago will probably make half of what Aldridge will make in 2015-2017) and a better prognosis for success beyond the next two seasons, as Aldridge's injuries are very troublesome even in the short term. For right now, I think you guys might be overestimating the upgrade that Aldridge is to Splitter, or at least the upgrade that Duncan/Aldridge/Diaw/Pendergraph is to Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Pendergraph. While LA would have been a tougher match-up for Miami due to his offense, Splitter's mobility was essential to even being able to attempt to stay big against the Heat. Splitter's defense the other three series definitely seems more valuable to me than Aldridge's potential offense, as the Spurs scored very well.

As I said, though, the biggest problem I have is the timing. This trade would have looked a lot better to me earlier, as the team would have been able to gear free agency toward replacing Splitter's role as the backup center. Now (or actually after January 15, as that's the earliest Splitter can be traded), there's no real opportunity to do that, and there's even less opportunity to work the pieces in mid-season. I don't think it would raise the team's ceiling unless Baynes or Pendergraph breaks out and proves to be capable to filling Splitter's current role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Celtics are unwilling to include brown would it be possible to do a sign and trade with rozier and filler to make salaries work along with their 4 first round picks? I think I would prefer their picks over the laker assets ,there is some decent talent in the lotto next year. Not sure if celtics would accept though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lakers can move Lonzo for value in a three way deal I think an LAL-SAS trade works. Something like this with a PHX or LAL future first coming in:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mbbkvd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I take that ...

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Julius Randle (sign and trade), Brandon Ingram & Two 1st Rounders would be a great haul.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Julius Randle (sign and trade), Brandon Ingram & Two 1st Rounders would be a great haul.
    Right now, it sounds like Deng and trash. No picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Kawhi saga ends, would like to see a trade of Pau+Green to Toronto for Ibaka+future 1st.

We eat Serge’s last year next year in exchange for a pick. Toronto saves about 17M. Time to build a warchest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the point in trades is that we already have fixed the back court for the most and what the team need is an all star big...
    imho the best could be Davis...and considering that they are running out of time with Championship ideas and he just has a two year contract (the third is a player option), the could be in the right mind to trade him.
    A trade for Kiwhi could be possible, if he give signals he would re-up with them.
    The package could be something like Kiwhi, Gasol, Murray for Davis - Mirotic (expiring)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other idea:
    big minny trade
    Leonard Alridge and Green for Towns Wiggins and Deng
    Works or nba trade machine
    Works for Minny consenting them to become le contenders just next year
    Works for Thibs giving him players that play defense at the best nba level
    Works for us 'cause give us a future
    Works for our staff 'cause it will be a challenge worth to be take to make these young guys learn how to play the games and expecially defense...

See Minny next tear Teague - Butler - Leonard - Gibson - Alridge
    Jones (Rose) - Okogie - Hunt - Tolliver - Patton

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry
    Minny : Teague - Green - Butler - Leonard - Alridge
    Rose (Jones) Okogie - Hunt - Tolliver - Gibson - Patton

Us : Murray - Mills - Wiggins - Gay - Towns
    White - Walker - Gino - Metu - Gasol
    Paul - Belinelli - Dieng

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just swap Leonard for DeRozan and a pick and be done with it. We're not getting Top 5 draft picks for him. I do think we stand a chance for everything to be water under the bridge and he plays next year in silver and black and signs a supermax sometime during the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think the moves from here to Feb 2019 go like:

1. Get “best” deal possible from Philly for Leonard including that Heat 2021 and maybe Philly’s 1st (with residual rights to Sacto pick swap)

2. Ship 17m in relief (Pau and Danny) to Toronto for Ibaka’s contract and a future first (2020?)

3. Ship any expirings you get from Philly deal (e.g., Bayless or Wilson) to another team needing cap relief (e.g., Thunder, Nugs) for best asset possible.

Goal is to get two first rounders in each of the next three drafts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posting in here because no one upstairs actually bothered to respond to my trade idea.

I still think we should trade with the Clippers because they would be willing to give up more and getting Kawhi doesn't make them a superteam which also means any picks we get from them would be better too.

I like Tobias Harris a lot. He's an efficient scorer and we need to get back at least one player who can get his own shot. I think he would re-sign here long term given his probably frustration over having been traded so many times. SGA cam be traded after a month? I like what I've seen from him and again, great length. Manu, Green, and Marco will be gone soon. Having a young guard rotation of Murray, White, LWIV, and SGA would be great. And the final piece I like is Harrell (great defense and length but needs a shot) although I'm not sure of the CBA rules for S&T for RFAs-can he included with the other two guys for Kawhi? That would be ideal along with some combination of their 2021 and 2023 picks.

If Harrell can't be included with other players then make it Tobias, SGA, and Beverly for Kawhi and also agree to on the side S&T Harrell for Mills. I would prefer to keep Mills for continuity and optics reasons though. I still think he's very playable with big point guards like Murray and Ginobili (let's face it-he's the PG with him Mills as the bench backcourt) and this team needs all the shooting it can get.

I really don't get the idea that the Clippers don't have assets. I think they do and would be willing to give them away. Don't let the Lakers or Sixers become superteams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posting in here because no one upstairs actually bothered to respond to my trade idea.

I still think we should trade with the Clippers because they would be willing to give up more and getting Kawhi doesn't make them a superteam which also means any picks we get from them would be better too.

I like Tobias Harris a lot. He's an efficient scorer and we need to get back at least one player who can get his own shot. I think he would re-sign here long term given his probably frustration over having been traded so many times. SGA cam be traded after a month? I like what I've seen from him and again, great length. Manu, Green, and Marco will be gone soon. Having a young guard rotation of Murray, White, LWIV, and SGA would be great. And the final piece I like is Harrell (great defense and length but needs a shot) although I'm not sure of the CBA rules for S&T for RFAs-can he included with the other two guys for Kawhi? That would be ideal along with some combination of their 2021 and 2023 picks.

If Harrell can't be included with other players then make it Tobias, SGA, and Beverly for Kawhi and also agree to on the side S&T Harrell for Mills. I would prefer to keep Mills for continuity and optics reasons though. I still think he's very playable with big point guards like Murray and Ginobili (let's face it-he's the PG with him Mills as the bench backcourt) and this team needs all the shooting it can get.

I really don't get the idea that the Clippers don't have assets. I think they do and would be willing to give them away. Don't let the Lakers or Sixers become superteams.
    I don't see Harris as an asset. His contract expires next summer and someone is going to have to overpay to sign him. I mean if we are satisfied with trading Kawhi for a couple low 1st round pick then maybe but surely we will do better than that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Harris as an asset. His contract expires next summer and someone is going to have to overpay to sign him. I mean if we are satisfied with trading Kawhi for a couple low 1st round pick then maybe but surely we will do better than that.
    We just lost Kyle so we need another forward who can guard multiple positions. Harrell can probably even be a small ball 5. I don't think Tobias would need a max contract to stay with us and we would have his Bird Rights to sign him for longer, right? (Also, change SGA to Jerome Robinson . . . didn't realize SGA is a PG and that Robinson is a SG)

As for the 2021 and 2023 picks . . . I could see the Clippers imploding by then or just being stagnant/not being able to draw other elite free agents. I don't think picks in the 15-20 range would be that bad.

Is Covington/Saric/Zhaire/Heat 2021 pick really any better? Although with the recent trades the consensus seems to be those guys for Kawhi plus a Mills salary dump to the 76ers for I guess Wilson Chandler.

EDIT: Although I guess depending on how big Harrell's contract is salaries could match for a Kawhi/Mills for Tobias/Robinson/Harrell + picks type of deal.
    Last edited by Fusternino; 07-10-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just lost Kyle so we need another forward who can guard multiple positions. Harrell can probably even be a small ball 5. I don't think Tobias would need a max contract to stay with us and we would have his Bird Rights to sign him for longer, right? (Also, change SGA to Jerome Robinson . . . didn't realize SGA is a PG and that Robinson is a SG)

As for the 2021 and 2023 picks . . . I could see the Clippers imploding by then or just being stagnant/not being able to draw other elite free agents. I don't think picks in the 15-20 range would be that bad.

Is Covington/Saric/Zhaire/Heat 2021 pick really any better? Although with the recent trades the consensus seems to be those guys for Kawhi plus a Mills salary dump to the 76ers for I guess Wilson Chandler.

EDIT: Although I guess depending on how big Harrell's contract is salaries could match for a Kawhi/Mills for Tobias/Robinson/Harrell + picks type of deal.
    Yes the Philly package is better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes the Philly package is better.
    That only matches salary for Kawhi. Given that we just re-signed Forbes, I assume we will need to move a guard or Manu is retiring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Philly package is multiple times better. We can talk once the Clips make a few moves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it'll never happen but I'd love to see Thibbs get desperate thinking he'd lose butler or kawhi next summer if he traded and work a 3 team trade with us and Toronto.
    Toronto- kawhi + green
    Minny- DD, Pau, spurs 1st
    Spurs- Butler, Wiggins, OG, future Toronto 1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My crackpot trade of the day : https://tradenba.com/trades/BJ47tjd7X

Spurs get :

Murray White
    Fultz Manu Walker
    Prince Gay Beli
    Saric Bertans Chandler
    LMA Gasol
    + Miami 2021 1st
    + 2nd rounders maybe

I think it's a very fun team to watch with good upside. It's all in on Fultz becoming a top player, if they don't see it it makes zero sense, I see it but do they? I just don't want tosb Gay or tosb Chandler starting so I came up with something but dunno, maybe they can get an even better starter at the 3 or maybe I'm dreaming and they get someone even worse.

Sixers get a ridiculous win now team that can switch everything and give the Warriors a run for their money, plus they keep Covington as Kawhi insurance :

Simmons McConnell Mills
    Green Re Mills
    Kawhi Smith
    Covington Bjelica
    Embiid Amir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My crackpot trade of the day : https://tradenba.com/trades/BJ47tjd7X

Spurs get :

Murray White
    Fultz Manu Walker
    Prince Gay Beli
    Saric Bertans Chandler
    LMA Gasol
    + Miami 2021 1st
    + 2nd rounders maybe

I think it's a very fun team to watch with good upside. It's all in on Fultz becoming a top player, if they don't see it it makes zero sense, I see it but do they? I just don't want tosb Gay or tosb Chandler starting so I came up with something but dunno, maybe they can get an even better starter at the 3 or maybe I'm dreaming and they get someone even worse.

Sixers get a ridiculous win now team that can switch everything and give the Warriors a run for their money, plus they keep Covington as Kawhi insurance :

Simmons McConnell Mills
    Green Re Mills
    Kawhi Smith
    Covington Bjelica
    Embiid Amir
    Why the is Atlanta in this trade? Prince is doodoo, and they aren't getting a good prospect a second and a pick that could be first-overall for him. Just cut them out and send the rest of those guys where they're already going, which the picks going to SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get something for that Pau contract by the deadline. What teams need to get off money the season after next?

Thread Information