Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 3559
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Simmons forcing his way but, I think Philly may opt to put Embid on the market and keep Simmons before it gets to that point. I am genuinely curious to see what offers a talented center with an injury risk and a high salary would bring on today's market though.
    I would say that Embiid and Lillard will command a large contract of a useful player or large expiring, two future lottery picks, and maybe a young talent. Simmons should command slightly higher--maybe one more pick or one more pick plus taking back a bad contract. That's guess work based on recent deals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say that Embiid and Lillard will command a large contract of a useful player or large expiring, two future lottery picks, and maybe a young talent. Simmons should command slightly higher--maybe one more pick or one more pick plus taking back a bad contract. That's guess work based on recent deals.
    I agree that's what they will ask... on Embid, I'm just not sure anyone will pay it. I'm sure the others would bring that back in trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the morning sports shows I saw a segment talking about how Zion and BI both need the ball and the Pelicans may want to move BI. Does anyone know if he can even be traded this summer since he's a pending RFA? And if so, what that could look like in terms of a team matching salary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is stupidly far fetched ... very stupidly far fetched .... but I'm at home, can't get to sleep, and I wanted to write it anyway.

Trade Proposal :

Portland
    1) LaMarcus Aldridge
    2) Darius Garland

Orlando
    1) DeMar DeRozan
    2) Dante Exum

Cleveland
    1) CJ McCullom
    2) Zach Collins
    3) Patty Mills
    4) 2nd round pick 2023 - Portland

San Antonio
    1) Aaron Gordon
    2) Terrence Ross
    3) Mo Bamba
    4) Kevin Love
    5) Reclaim 2nd round pick 2022 from Cleveland

Unknown - where the Spurs will land in the lottery for 2020 first round pick. How could it be used to make this deal work with Cleveland or Orlando? Cleveland has four 2nd round picks in 2022, potential first draft with HS and college players, and they can't afford to use them all. If the Spurs 1st round pick of 2020, after the draft lottery selection is over, can't secure Wiseman, Toppin, Edwards or Ball, then the Spurs should trade it to Cleveland. Would any other player other than those four have the potential to crack the Spurs rotation next year or be attractive as serious trade bait? I don't think so, and that's why I trade it to the Cavs. The Cavs then kick a second rounder or two to the Magic to grease the wheels.

Portland - this is CJ McCullom's last year on his contract. Trade him now, put Simmons opposite Lillard, and by adding Garland, you get a floor general to run the second unit. It also gives Portland two young guards on rookie contracts contributing to offset Lillard's contract. They can also give Dame a break over a long season. If you resign Melo, he can come off the bench and be a contributor there since LMA would start. But this really gives Portland cap relief for the 2021 offseason when Aldridge will come off the books.

Orlando - Magic get a scorer in DeRozan. Their offense needs it. To bring in someone like him, and have a chance to extend Fournier, who has a player option, as well, Aaron Gordon needs to be moved. Especially when you have Isaac, Aminu, and Okekee, waiting in the wings at your forward positions. Bamba has nowhere to go on this roster, he is only averaging around 15 minutes a night. Clifford isn't doing him any favors. Exum isn't the scorer Ross is, but with a 2nd unit of Carter-Williams, Exum, Iwundu, Okekee, and Birch, the Magic will be very young, have length, and be explosive in transition.

Cleveland - Cavs get a true backcourt starter to pair with Sexton. McCullom will get his points which will help him if he wants to test FA in 2021 offseason. Mills gives the second unit a steady hand since Delli's contract expires, and with Mills and McCullom's contracts expiring next offseason, the Cavs will have over 35 million come off the books. Also, depending on what they do with Drummond, that cap space could grow. They can reshape their roster with no Kevin Love moving forward, could potentially get a 1st round pick from the Spurs in the process while only giving away 2nd rounders in return.

Spurs - Pop wouldn't do this on a bet, and I don't give a . I've made my feelings plain, Pop needs to be moved now! Not tomorrow, not next offseason, now!! Removed from everything ... with complete ownership backing of his removal.

Are Gordon and Love perfect? No, they aren't. But, they are better than what we have now and in the near future. Gordon is the true combo forward this team needs. He is still young! He needs to be more efficient, but he rebounds, defends, runs the floor, is a willing passer, and a capable, not great, 3 point shooter. Atleast he takes them. Love will be close to the same age LMA was when he arrived. But Love rebounds better, passes better, shots 3's better with more volume than LMA. Love just doesn't defend on the perimeter as well or have the blocking stats of Aldridge. But if the Spurs keep Poetlt as a defensive anchor, Love won't have that as his responsibility. Terrence Ross is a fantastic option off your bench, and who would be a better teacher for Mo Bamba and his potential then Tim Duncan? Bamba has the ability to shoot threes, dive to the rim, ally oop all day, and you can't teach 7'10 wingspan. What you can teach is patience, screen placement, and defensive positioning.

Why do this trade? Who are the realistic Free Agents that the Spurs could get in 2021 that would be better than Gordon, Love, Bamba, and Ross? By doing this now, you have these players for the next 3 years minimum. Gordon's contract number lessens each year, you're paying Ross what Patty Mills received, and Ross does way more on the court than Patty, and if Bamba flames out, you don't extend him a qualifying offer when he is a RFA. Love will be 28 - 30 million for three years, but he will be your only big ticket salary until Gordon's contract is up after two years.

Spurs 2020 - 2021 roster

PG - Dejonte Murry, Derrick White
    SG - Lonnie Walker, Terrence Ross
    SF - Aaron Gordon, Keldon Johnson
    PF - Kevin Love, Trey Lyles
    C - Jakob Poetlt, Mo Bamba

11 - 15
    Weatherspoon, Gay, Saminic, Metu, Eubanks

This team would be young, athletic, work hard on the defensive end, capable and willing to shoot threes, and would have enough veteran leadership and experience to work with the youth to make everyone and everything work better! They will make their mistakes, but this Spurs team would be very entertaining and would give fans many reasons to come to games and root for this team!

Like I said before, stupidly far fetched. I'm just hoping now I'm tired enough to get some sleep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is stupidly far fetched ... very stupidly far fetched .... but I'm at home, can't get to sleep, and I wanted to write it anyway.

Trade Proposal :

Portland
    1) LaMarcus Aldridge
    2) Darius Garland

Orlando
    1) DeMar DeRozan
    2) Dante Exum

Cleveland
    1) CJ McCullom
    2) Zach Collins
    3) Patty Mills
    4) 2nd round pick 2023 - Portland

San Antonio
    1) Aaron Gordon
    2) Terrence Ross
    3) Mo Bamba
    4) Kevin Love
    5) Reclaim 2nd round pick 2022 from Cleveland

Unknown - where the Spurs will land in the lottery for 2020 first round pick. How could it be used to make this deal work with Cleveland or Orlando? Cleveland has four 2nd round picks in 2022, potential first draft with HS and college players, and they can't afford to use them all. If the Spurs 1st round pick of 2020, after the draft lottery selection is over, can't secure Wiseman, Toppin, Edwards or Ball, then the Spurs should trade it to Cleveland. Would any other player other than those four have the potential to crack the Spurs rotation next year or be attractive as serious trade bait? I don't think so, and that's why I trade it to the Cavs. The Cavs then kick a second rounder or two to the Magic to grease the wheels.

Portland - this is CJ McCullom's last year on his contract. Trade him now, put Simmons opposite Lillard, and by adding Garland, you get a floor general to run the second unit. It also gives Portland two young guards on rookie contracts contributing to offset Lillard's contract. They can also give Dame a break over a long season. If you resign Melo, he can come off the bench and be a contributor there since LMA would start. But this really gives Portland cap relief for the 2021 offseason when Aldridge will come off the books.

Orlando - Magic get a scorer in DeRozan. Their offense needs it. To bring in someone like him, and have a chance to extend Fournier, who has a player option, as well, Aaron Gordon needs to be moved. Especially when you have Isaac, Aminu, and Okekee, waiting in the wings at your forward positions. Bamba has nowhere to go on this roster, he is only averaging around 15 minutes a night. Clifford isn't doing him any favors. Exum isn't the scorer Ross is, but with a 2nd unit of Carter-Williams, Exum, Iwundu, Okekee, and Birch, the Magic will be very young, have length, and be explosive in transition.

Cleveland - Cavs get a true backcourt starter to pair with Sexton. McCullom will get his points which will help him if he wants to test FA in 2021 offseason. Mills gives the second unit a steady hand since Delli's contract expires, and with Mills and McCullom's contracts expiring next offseason, the Cavs will have over 35 million come off the books. Also, depending on what they do with Drummond, that cap space could grow. They can reshape their roster with no Kevin Love moving forward, could potentially get a 1st round pick from the Spurs in the process while only giving away 2nd rounders in return.

Spurs - Pop wouldn't do this on a bet, and I don't give a . I've made my feelings plain, Pop needs to be moved now! Not tomorrow, not next offseason, now!! Removed from everything ... with complete ownership backing of his removal.

Are Gordon and Love perfect? No, they aren't. But, they are better than what we have now and in the near future. Gordon is the true combo forward this team needs. He is still young! He needs to be more efficient, but he rebounds, defends, runs the floor, is a willing passer, and a capable, not great, 3 point shooter. Atleast he takes them. Love will be close to the same age LMA was when he arrived. But Love rebounds better, passes better, shots 3's better with more volume than LMA. Love just doesn't defend on the perimeter as well or have the blocking stats of Aldridge. But if the Spurs keep Poetlt as a defensive anchor, Love won't have that as his responsibility. Terrence Ross is a fantastic option off your bench, and who would be a better teacher for Mo Bamba and his potential then Tim Duncan? Bamba has the ability to shoot threes, dive to the rim, ally oop all day, and you can't teach 7'10 wingspan. What you can teach is patience, screen placement, and defensive positioning.

Why do this trade? Who are the realistic Free Agents that the Spurs could get in 2021 that would be better than Gordon, Love, Bamba, and Ross? By doing this now, you have these players for the next 3 years minimum. Gordon's contract number lessens each year, you're paying Ross what Patty Mills received, and Ross does way more on the court than Patty, and if Bamba flames out, you don't extend him a qualifying offer when he is a RFA. Love will be 28 - 30 million for three years, but he will be your only big ticket salary until Gordon's contract is up after two years.

Spurs 2020 - 2021 roster

PG - Dejonte Murry, Derrick White
    SG - Lonnie Walker, Terrence Ross
    SF - Aaron Gordon, Keldon Johnson
    PF - Kevin Love, Trey Lyles
    C - Jakob Poetlt, Mo Bamba

11 - 15
    Weatherspoon, Gay, Saminic, Metu, Eubanks

This team would be young, athletic, work hard on the defensive end, capable and willing to shoot threes, and would have enough veteran leadership and experience to work with the youth to make everyone and everything work better! They will make their mistakes, but this Spurs team would be very entertaining and would give fans many reasons to come to games and root for this team!

Like I said before, stupidly far fetched. I'm just hoping now I'm tired enough to get some sleep.
    I'm impressed by the effort it took to come up with that...rest well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been seeing these trade options:

1)
    Portland - LMA

Spurs - Ariza, Nurkic

2)
    Orlando - DeRozan

Spurs - AG, Aminu

Draft picks can be included, but I don't involve 1st round picks for either trade unless it's a swap of positions. Give away the 2nd round picks in 2020, 2023. These trades offer interesting line ups.

DJM, DW
    LW4, KJ
    Ariza, Aminu
    AG, Metu
    Nurkic, Lyles

11 - 15
    Patty, Gay, Eubanks, QW, open spot.

Austin:
    Luka, 1st rd pick 2020

Poeltl would either walk or sign and trade to team with cap space. But those line ups are young, great defensive potential, 3pt shooting potential, whoever gets the rebound can turn and run the break, and you'll see what combination of your young guards works best.

Expired contracts of Mills, Gay, Ariza, and Carroll salaries 2021 offseason = 46.7 mil to pay your own players or use on free agents. All of that would be very interesting to watch. Especially with someone else besides Pop calling the shots for that roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this season we want to go young from the beginning here are two trades that, imho, could be interesting.

A) (if DDR opts in): send DDR to the Knicks for their 8th draft choice and any of the scrubs they prefer to get rid off just for matching salaries purposes (for example something like Gibson, Payton, Ellington, Bullock...ll together are 29 millions off the books compared to DDR 27,5 by himself alone)

Its good for the Knicks because they can have finally an all star coming with the best numbers in his entire life and probably keen to re-sign for a big market, and they get rid of players they are probably no more interested in.
    Its good for us because we net a decent lottery pick and maybe find out something inside the lot we receive in exchange for DDR.

A1) In case the Knicks want a total change : DDR + GAY for their 8th draft choice a a bigger amount of scrubs (the already above mentioned plus Ntikilina, Knox and Smith)

B) LMA plus Mills to Detroit for 7th draft choice plus (for salary purposes) Blake Griffin

Its good for Detroit because they get rid of the albatross that is BG contract (that limit for another 2 years at least their chances to rebuild) at the expense of just their draft pick
    Its good for us just for the pick (BG at his actual age and phisycal condition isnt't exactly our kind of player but for some minutes could work in an up tempo style ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly is going to need to shed some salary. I could see them moving Simmons due to his long term cost. The same goes with Golden St. and Wiggins. The thing about DeRozen is that he has a one year contract left which makes teams interested who want to move large long term salaries. There are not a lot of players that fit this scenario, but there could be something here when you look through the eyes of other teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly is going to need to shed some salary. I could see them moving Simmons due to his long term cost. The same goes with Golden St. and Wiggins. The thing about DeRozen is that he has a one year contract left which makes teams interested who want to move large long term salaries. There are not a lot of players that fit this scenario, but there could be something here when you look through the eyes of other teams.
    Philly is going to have to make a hard decision to go with Embid or Simmons and trade the other i think. I'm betting they trade Joel..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this season we want to go young from the beginning here are two trades that, imho, could be interesting.

A) (if DDR opts in): send DDR to the Knicks for their 8th draft choice and any of the scrubs they prefer to get rid off just for matching salaries purposes (for example something like Gibson, Payton, Ellington, Bullock...ll together are 29 millions off the books compared to DDR 27,5 by himself alone)

Its good for the Knicks because they can have finally an all star coming with the best numbers in his entire life and probably keen to re-sign for a big market, and they get rid of players they are probably no more interested in.
    Its good for us because we net a decent lottery pick and maybe find out something inside the lot we receive in exchange for DDR.

A1) In case the Knicks want a total change : DDR + GAY for their 8th draft choice a a bigger amount of scrubs (the already above mentioned plus Ntikilina, Knox and Smith)

B) LMA plus Mills to Detroit for 7th draft choice plus (for salary purposes) Blake Griffin

Its good for Detroit because they get rid of the albatross that is BG contract (that limit for another 2 years at least their chances to rebuild) at the expense of just their draft pick
    Its good for us just for the pick (BG at his actual age and phisycal condition isnt't exactly our kind of player but for some minutes could work in an up tempo style ).
    The Detroit deal catches my eye, but BG's contract is such an albatross. I don't know that a 7th pick in a weak draft gets it done. And they'd want DeRozan given his history with Detroit coaching staff.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly is going to have to make a hard decision to go with Embid or Simmons and trade the other i think. I'm betting they trade Joel..
    I'd guess they move Simmons rather than Embiid. But a better strategy would be attaching Thybulle and pick(s) (at least one first, more if you also send back a player of value) to Horford.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look at the prospects the more I want us to move up into the top 4 and acquire a layer pick in the 20's. Give me a PF or C with the top pick and Robert Woodard with the 20something pick. The get Reggie Perry with our 2nd rd pick.

If we have to move DJM to move up I'd try and acquire Frank Ntilikina as his replacement. I think the Knicks will move him cheap and he still has potential.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard a few suggestions (may just be journo regurgitation and BS) that Pistons might attach their lottery pick to Griffin's contract and, similarly, Cleveland might attach their pick to Love's contract in order to correct their cap situations. The '21 draft is reportedly very good, and no one is making money next season, so it's an ideal season to tank. Marketing departments don't need a new face to sell arena tickets because games in arenas probably won't be a thing.

I personally think it's stupid to squander a lottery pick to clear cap, but these are strange times given the economic fallout from the league shutdown. If Spurs took on a terrible contract (Griffin, Horford, Love) they'd lock themselves into drafting and development for at least two seasons and being inactive in free agency until '22 or '23. I haven't looked ahead to those free agent classes, but Aldridge for Love or Griffin plus an additional lottery pick is something to look at. I would not consider if it simply meant swapping firsts. Only worth a look if it means picking up an additional lottery pick.

The top lottery picks this season will invert the typical value of rookie contracts. But the Spurs would only be on the hook for ~10M annually if paying #5 and #11 pick, so the math works well for them.

In this draft, 7 and 11, would be mean something like Okongwu/Toppin & Vassell/Hayes.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 08-22-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard a few suggestions (may just be journo regurgitation and BS) that Pistons might attach their lottery pick to Griffin's contract and, similarly, Cleveland might attach their pick to Love's contract in order to correct their cap situations. The '21 draft is reportedly very good, and no one is making money next season, so it's an ideal season to tank. Marketing departments don't need a new face to sell arena tickets because games in arenas probably won't be a thing.

I personally think it's stupid to squander a lottery pick to clear cap, but these are strange times given the economic fallout from the league shutdown. If Spurs took on a terrible contract (Griffin, Horford, Love) they'd lock themselves into drafting and development for at least two seasons and being inactive in free agency until '22 or '23. I haven't looked ahead to those free agent classes, but Aldridge for Love or Griffin plus an additional lottery pick is something to look at. I would not consider if it simply meant swapping firsts. Only worth a look if it means picking up an additional lottery pick.

The top lottery picks this season will invert the typical value of rookie contracts. But the Spurs would only be on the hook for ~10M annually if paying #5 and #11 pick, so the math works well for them.

In this draft, 7 and 11, would be mean something like Okongwu/Toppin & Vassell/Hayes.
    I would only consider it, as you said, if we weren't swapping 1st's. I aldo wouldn't do it with Detroit (to much salary). Philly for Horford wouldn't be awful but they'd have to add something besides their 21st pick...either thy thybulle or another 1st. Cleveland is more interesting because I think Love still has some value but, I'd still only do it if Wiseman or Obi were available at 5.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would only consider it, as you said, if we weren't swapping 1st's. I aldo wouldn't do it with Detroit (to much salary). Philly for Horford wouldn't be awful but they'd have to add something besides their 21st pick...either thy thybulle or another 1st. Cleveland is more interesting because I think Love still has some value but, I'd still only do it if Wiseman or Obi were available at 5.
    If you were offering Horford, Thybulle, and 21 for Aldridge, you're getting a yes from me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were offering Horford, Thybulle, and 21 for Aldridge, you're getting a yes from me.
    I'd have to compare it to what lma would bring elsewhere...if they fid offer that they'd need a third team to ship Aldridge to. I doubt they would want him next to Embid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have to compare it to what lma would bring elsewhere...if they fid offer that they'd need a third team to ship Aldridge to. I doubt they would want him next to Embid
    For Philly, he's a one year rental to clear cap future cap. It's possible they'd move Aldridge by deadline. As one year rentals go, he and Embiid would be fine next to one another (short term) as long as Aldridge bought into stretch five duties. It's also an easy rotation fix to simply sub Aldridge early and stagger him onto the court when Embiid is off. Worse case, you get exactly the same bad fit as Horford but without the long term financial burden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Philly, he's a one year rental to clear cap future cap. It's possible they'd move Aldridge by deadline. As one year rentals go, he and Embiid would be fine next to one another (short term) as long as Aldridge bought into stretch five duties. It's also an easy rotation fix to simply sub Aldridge early and stagger him onto the court when Embiid is off. Worse case, you get exactly the same bad fit as Horford but without the long term financial burden.
    Sure they can do that but that's to much for them to give up just to save 1 year of salary space....hence, why they would need a third team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/draft/2020/prosp...bert-woodard#/

11 is to high but around 20 this would be my pick. Perfect fit with that wingspan, athleticism, and shooting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/draft/2020/prosp...bert-woodard#/

11 is to high but around 20 this would be my pick. Perfect fit with that wingspan, athleticism, and shooting.
    I like Woodard too. But you can--likely--get him at 41. And if not, picks 26-30 will be available cheap. In my opinion, Woodard, Jalen Smith, and Paul Reed are all undervalued in the mocks.

One huge unknown in this draft is individual player development since February. Six months of good player development for a 19 or 20 year old could produce a completely different player from what is archived on last year's film. I have no idea how front offices are tracking such things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Woodard too. But you can--likely--get him at 41. And if not, picks 26-30 will be available cheap. In my opinion, Woodard, Jalen Smith, and Paul Reed are all undervalued in the mocks.

One huge unknown in this draft is individual player development since February. Six months of good player development for a 19 or 20 year old could produce a completely different player from what is archived on last year's film. I have no idea how front offices are tracking such things.
    I agree, I don't think we should use #11 on him. If our higher rated guys are off the board I would trade back and get him in the 20's and pick up another asset. I like Reed alot as well in that lste 1st early 2nd space... I'm also high on Reggie Perry in that range as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the morning sports shows I saw a segment talking about how Zion and BI both need the ball and the Pelicans may want to move BI. Does anyone know if he can even be traded this summer since he's a pending RFA? And if so, what that could look like in terms of a team matching salary?
    I'm sure he can be traded if he agrees on a contract w/the team he's going to. However, even with the poor fit, I don't see him getting traded unless Pelicans get a nice haul back. Spurs don't have that much to compete with other teams (i.e. Murray, few other young pieces - they won't want older vets right now). ATL could be a nice team to watch to trade for BI to play along side Trae, Collins, and Capella which leaves several SF/PF types available to be discarded like Hunter, Reddish, and Heuter. Maybe Spurs can be a 3rd in a deal like that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure he can be traded if he agrees on a contract w/the team he's going to. However, even with the poor fit, I don't see him getting traded unless Pelicans get a nice haul back. Spurs don't have that much to compete with other teams (i.e. Murray, few other young pieces - they won't want older vets right now). ATL could be a nice team to watch to trade for BI to play along side Trae, Collins, and Capella which leaves several SF/PF types available to be discarded like Hunter, Reddish, and Heuter. Maybe Spurs can be a 3rd in a deal like that?
    Yes, my post you quoted was from back in March. BI has become a foundational piece for them since then it looks like. I don't anybody is going to get him out of Nola now. I do like your thoughts on Hunter, Reddish, or Heuter though.... one of those might be obtainable in a 3 team trade somewhere and would fit our timeline very well....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok....now that they're out.... does Giannis demand a trade? Where does he go? And can we make a compe ive offer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragan Bender just signed a contract with Maccabi. I was big fan of signing him and Stanley Johnson last season with part of the MLE, instead of giving it to Carroll...
    I still think that obvious phisical young talent can't be denied, expecially in an organization like ours that is well known for developing young talent and skills at the best of the chances...
    Frankly I think its difficult to imagine that former top ten draft choices have no chance to improve at least at a decent bench level...they both should be available on the free agents market and affordable with part of the MLE. If ther's no different option (I mean a guy like nuggets Grant, that was supposed to be avalable with the entire MLE but its now probably out of that price range) I still see them both as possible MLE options with multiple years contract with team's options after one or two seasons...

Thread Information