Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragan Bender just signed a contract with Maccabi. I was big fan of signing him and Stanley Johnson last season with part of the MLE, instead of giving it to Carroll...
    I still think that obvious phisical young talent can't be denied, expecially in an organization like ours that is well known for developing young talent and skills at the best of the chances...
    Frankly I think its difficult to imagine that former top ten draft choices have no chance to improve at least at a decent bench level...they both should be available on the free agents market and affordable with part of the MLE. If ther's no different option (I mean a guy like nuggets Grant, that was supposed to be avalable with the entire MLE but its now probably out of that price range) I still see them both as possible MLE options with multiple years contract with team's options after one or two seasons...
    In the right situation I'm for signing high draft choices who've flamed out with their initial team if 1) you can get them cheap and 2) if their initial team isn't good at development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we're heading to a new rebuilding direction looking for new assets, and all of our big, in final year contracts like LMA, Mills, Gay and DDR if he opts in (but he'l be a valuable sign and trade commodity also if he opts out) are on the market.
    Still I don't know if its already been set the day for deciding on options (like the po of DDR) and for the beginning of the trading...that should be possible in draft day in any case.
    Anybody knows something about these deadlines or its simply because nba hasn't yet decided about them? we are now less than a week from draft day and I suppose its time that some news should be given...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we're heading to a new rebuilding direction looking for new assets, and all of our big, in final year contracts like LMA, Mills, Gay and DDR if he opts in (but he'l be a valuable sign and trade commodity also if he opts out) are on the market.
    Still I don't know if its already been set the day for deciding on options (like the po of DDR) and for the beginning of the trading...that should be possible in draft day in any case.
    Anybody knows something about these deadlines or its simply because nba hasn't yet decided about them? we are now less than a week from draft day and I suppose its time that some news should be given...
    NBA Calendar ...
    Nov. 18: NBA Draft*
    Nov. 20: Free agency starts at 6 PM
    Nov. 22: Free agent signings can begin at 12:01 PM
    Dec. 1: Training camps open
    Dec. 22: Opening Night

*Freeze on trades being lifted is still TBD but remains likely to happen in the Nov. 16 range

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Calendar ...
    Nov. 18: NBA Draft*
    Nov. 20: Free agency starts at 6 PM
    Nov. 22: Free agent signings can begin at 12:01 PM
    Dec. 1: Training camps open
    Dec. 22: Opening Night

*Freeze on trades being lifted is still TBD but remains likely to happen in the Nov. 16 range
    • thank you for answering but I still don't understand why they did not give a day for exercising options... It's gonna be impossible to trade someone if you can't know if he is or not under contract...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • thank you for answering but I still don't understand why they did not give a day for exercising options... It's gonna be impossible to trade someone if you can't know if he is or not under contract...
    They just haven't decided yet but it looks like probably Monday or Tuesday

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a trade idea if we can't move up to #2

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6j6xx9g

Plus Boston's #14

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OUT
    Lamarcus (Pacers)
    Demar (Heat)
    Lonnie (Hawks)
    Gay (Hawks)

IN
    Turner (Pacers)
    Pick (Heat)
    KZ Okpala (Heat)
    Hunter (Hawks)
    (Filler like Olynk/Iggy/Snell)

Starting Line up:
    Murray
    White
    Keldon
    Hunter
    Turner

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its apparent that we have a pretty good team now that the young guys are figuring it out. The biggest hole I see is at the 4 where KJ is playing well but undersized. My question is what 4's do you think are realistically gettable on the market?

Bagley?
    Siakam (if he decides he wants out..has been disgruntled)

Anyone else?

I don't see alot of other availability on the market right now unless we went for a smaller deal like Roby at OKC or Ojeleye at Bos...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like they’re happy to play Murray, Lonnie, Keldon, and DDR together.

For me the biggest gap is at Center. A defensive anchor is urgently needed as LMA is showing his age this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like they’re happy to play Murray, Lonnie, Keldon, and DDR together.

For me the biggest gap is at Center. A defensive anchor is urgently needed as LMA is showing his age this year.
    I think C is a need but he needs to be able to spread the floor... Keldon plays hard but, longterm, he'll need to play the 3.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6dub3cp

Something like this addresses the 4 and we could play Bagley at the 5... He can spread the floor and moves better than LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think C is a need but he needs to be able to spread the floor... Keldon plays hard but, longterm, he'll need to play the 3.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6dub3cp

Something like this addresses the 4 and we could play Bagley at the 5... He can spread the floor and moves better than LMA.
    Why would the Kings sell low on a relatively recent #2 overall pick and a prime 3ish and Dish combo forward for an old C (when arguably their second best player plays the same position), a journeyman "PF" and a project one?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Kings sell low on a relatively recent #2 overall pick and a prime 3ish and Dish combo forward for an old C (when arguably their second best player plays the same position), a journeyman "PF" and a project one?
    The easy answer is 'because they're the Kings'....but, Barnes is a tough contract to move...as for Bagley it wouldn't be a trade a team they would normally make but, there are issues with Bagley wanting out so them being able to clear cap space and getting a young cheap asset back could be attractive to a cheap poorly run team. As for LMA, yes he's probably washed but his name recognition probably helps them sell it locally...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The easy answer is 'because they're the Kings'....but, Barnes is a tough contract to move...as for Bagley it wouldn't be a trade a team they would normally make but, there are issues with Bagley wanting out so them being able to clear cap space and getting a young cheap asset back could be attractive to a cheap poorly run team. As for LMA, yes he's probably washed but his name recognition probably helps them sell it locally...
    I knew you'd say that, but no one is that dumb.

I suspect what Bagley III really wants is a bigger role.

The Spurs have a fair bit invested in Samanic, the other 29 don't. To them, he's more project than asset.

Aldridge isn't the type of name to sell tickets and few teams are doing that at the moment anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew you'd say that, but no one is that dumb.

I suspect what Bagley III really wants is a bigger role.

The Spurs have a fair bit invested in Samanic, the other 29 don't. To them, he's more project than asset.

Aldridge isn't the type of name to sell tickets and few teams are doing that at the moment anyway.
    It's i knew you were coming back with the 'no one's that dumb' line anyway...its kinda your thing... you analyze things from your point of view and with your view of 'value' and there's nothing wrong with that. I try to look at things through the eyes of the other party and what motivates them. It how I operate in business and I carry it over into hobbies like this. It is not a dumb move if you're trying to 'sell' something to your local fans and shed salary. You're offering hope for the now (former allstar that most casual fans don't realize is washed) , hope for tomorrow in a young 1st rd pick, and shedding salary in with Barnes (which is hope because fans look forward to who there going to spend it on next summer), and shedding Bagley who's father is blasting the Kings on social media and they don't believe in him anyway. All that being said, if you're another franchise and you value winning and building something yes it can be argued that its dumb but the kings aren't trying to build a championship... and if I'm wrong and they are 'trying' to build well, that blows up your argument thst 'no one's that dumb' as well because there track record shows that they are if that's their goal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's i knew you were coming back with the 'no one's that dumb' line anyway...its kinda your thing... you analyze things from your point of view and with your view of 'value' and there's nothing wrong with that. I try to look at things through the eyes of the other party and what motivates them. It how I operate in business and I carry it over into hobbies like this. It is not a dumb move if you're trying to 'sell' something to your local fans and shed salary. You're offering hope for the now (former allstar that most casual fans don't realize is washed) , hope for tomorrow in a young 1st rd pick, and shedding salary in with Barnes (which is hope because fans look forward to who there going to spend it on next summer), and shedding Bagley who's father is blasting the Kings on social media and they don't believe in him anyway. All that being said, if you're another franchise and you value winning and building something yes it can be argued that its dumb but the kings aren't trying to build a championship... and if I'm wrong and they are 'trying' to build well, that blows up your argument thst 'no one's that dumb' as well because there track record shows that they are if that's their goal.
    I didn't mean that an an insult and you've got me and you (and most of the board) confused. I'm the one usually telling people how lopsided their proposal is in favor of the Spurs; like this one.

Beyond being dumb, it' the type of dumb you don't see. Divac and his inexperience are gone and so is any hope of taking advantage of them to the extent you're describing.

Even if most teams were selling tickets right now, prime Aldridge wasn't the type who could do that, let alone the current version and Barnes is about as good as the Kings could do with their cap space anyway. You don't salary dump his archetype unless you have something significant coming down the pike and urgently need to clear space.

I'm not saying the current regime "believes in" or wouldn't trade Bagley III, I'm saying it wouldn't be for a pu pu platter like this.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-19-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't mean that an an insult and you've got me and you (and most of the board) confused. I'm the one usually telling people how lopsided their proposal is in favor of the Spurs; like this one.

Beyond being dumb, it' the type of dumb you don't see. Divac and his inexperience are gone and so is any hope of taking advantage of them to the extent you're describing.

Even if most teams were selling tickets right now, prime Aldridge wasn't the type who could do that, let alone the current version and Barnes is about as good as the Kings could do with their cap space anyway. You don't salary dump his archetype unless you have something significant coming down the pike and urgently need to clear space.

I'm not saying the current regime "believes in" or wouldn't trade Bagley III, I'm saying it wouldn't be for a pu pu platter like this.
    I didn't take it as an insult... unlike some of the people you get into wars with on the main board I'm not nearly as thinned skin... We're good. I just disagree with you on the competence of Kings mgmt. While Divac may have been awful at his job the main problem comes from ownership in my opinion. We may not even want Bagley but I expect them to make another poor decision with him before things are said and done. Time will tell...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok... LMA... is there anywhere we can move him without taking to much bad salary back?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok... LMA... is there anywhere we can move him without taking to much bad salary back?
    I really want to see this narrative take off: https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.c...-all-star/amp/

I’d do BOS’s TPE + protect 2021 first for LMA. Not a fan of anything else on their roster that may be available. Then move DDR.
    Last edited by CGD; 01-23-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want to see this narrative take off: https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.c...-all-star/amp/

I’d do BOS’s TPE + protect 2021 first for LMA. Not a fan of anything else on their roster that may be available. Then move DDR.
    I'd do that deal in a heartbeat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade works...
    To SA
    Drummond Love Okoro
    To Clev.
    DDR LMA Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade works...
    To SA
    Drummond Love Okoro
    To Clev.
    DDR LMA Gay
    Cleveland loves Okoro, plus they don't just want to dump Love's salary for expiring contracts. They want assets (young players/picks). Why trade Drummond and Love together, could get more trading them separately. Would love if the Spurs got this, just don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could see LMA to Portland in 3 way trade with Sacramento.

Portland - LMA/Weatherspoon? (Are 2 way contracts tradeable)
    Sacramento - Collins/Covington/Samanic
    Spurs - Barnes/Holmes/Simmons

This allows Sacramento to extend Bagley. Fox's extension kicks in next year, so getting Barnes and his contact off the books is key. Bagley's would kick in the year after. Bagley's dad can yap all he wants. Bagley needs to secure his extension then get traded. If Metu is getting minutes in Sacramento off the bench, so will Samanic, plus he's cheap. Beiljicia, Parker, and Holmes are all expiring. Collins is RFA in offseason, so they can match any offer or cut his salary out too.

Portland needs an inside presence of any kind, all they have is Kanter! Even when Nurkic gets back, they'll have a need for LMA in their front court. Hood, Trent, Jones Jr will get Covington's minutes. Covington isn't producing this year. Collins has been too injured in his career to even see the floor.

Spurs can put Barnes at 4 or 3. If you trade LMA, then the Spurs could be open to trading DeRozen for a Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, John Collins. Then you move Barnes to 3. The contract on Barnes decreases the last two years as well. Spurs cap space isn't going to be valuable next year unless you are taking on bad contracts with draft picks attached, or make trades using your expiring contracts to create the team you want to see moving forward. You're already paying Murray, White, and Poeltl. Johnson and Walker are on the horizon. How are they going to shape the Spurs for the next 3 to 5 years with this cap space?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says no to this WAS-SAS-DEN trade first? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5um3w9v

I think Spurs would need a pick to be happy, but basic structure might work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says no to this WAS-SAS-DEN trade first? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5um3w9v

I think Spurs would need a pick to be happy, but basic structure might work.
    Denver says no

Edited to add: I don't think Washington would give up Beal and Deni for Porter either. From the Spurs perspective we'd do that in heartbeat though.
    Last edited by mo7888; 01-28-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver says no

Edited to add: I don't think Washington would give up Beal and Deni for Porter either. From the Spurs perspective we'd do that in heartbeat though.
    Fair, I just think it’s gonna depend how much a stink Beal makes ultimately. I also think picks would have to be involved.

While it’s fair that DDR can leave WAS this summer, getting him (and his bird rights) and Porter is not nothing. But suspect some team could offer a better package to WAS built around picks.

For Denver it’s essentially: Harris, Porter and a their late pick, for Beal. If Denver can dump Harris, I think that’s enticing even if they have to lose Porter. They’re also getting the best player in the deal that gives them a legit big three. Question is whether Denver’s pick goes to WAS or SAS.
    Last edited by CGD; 01-28-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Thread Information