Page 142 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair, I just think it’s gonna depend how much a stink Beal makes ultimately. I also think picks would have to be involved.

While it’s fair that DDR can leave WAS this summer, getting him (and his bird rights) and Porter is not nothing. But suspect some team could offer a better package to WAS built around picks.

For Denver it’s essentially: Harris, Porter and a their late pick, for Beal. If Denver can dump Harris, I think that’s enticing even if they have to lose Porter. They’re also getting the best player in the deal that gives them a legit big three. Question is whether Denver’s pick goes to WAS or SAS.
    I believe Denver thinks Porter is more 'valuable' than Beal. For Was, I agree with you on them wanting a more pick laden package for Beal. They have to think they can get more than Nola got for Jrue Holiday and they don't really need win now players in return because they aren't going anywhere unless they can unload Westbrook (and I'm not sure who would take him but if they got 3 1st's and 2 pick swaps for Beal maybe they could attach a 1st or two to move him at that point)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair, I just think it’s gonna depend how much a stink Beal makes ultimately. I also think picks would have to be involved.

While it’s fair that DDR can leave WAS this summer, getting him (and his bird rights) and Porter is not nothing. But suspect some team could offer a better package to WAS built around picks.

For Denver it’s essentially: Harris, Porter and a their late pick, for Beal. If Denver can dump Harris, I think that’s enticing even if they have to lose Porter. They’re also getting the best player in the deal that gives them a legit big three. Question is whether Denver’s pick goes to WAS or SAS.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3xw3v6p

Here's a trade I could see NY putting on the table (they'd be including an unprotected or lightly protected 1st as well).

They still have cap room and can accept an unbalanced trade and DDR should secure them a playoff spot. We get to let the kids run, pick up an asset, and save a little money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I like it for the pick, but what’s the thinking on two more PGs (admittedly i haven’t watched these players before)? I suppose there isn’t much else on the Knick roster that they’d consider moving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I like it for the pick, but what’s the thinking on two more PGs (admittedly i haven’t watched these players before)? I suppose there isn’t much else on the Knick roster that they’d consider moving.
    Really just salary filler to make the deal work under the CBA and they're expendable from NY's perspective. If it were me calling the shots for the Spurs I'd waive or move Smith in a secondary trade and I'd keep Frank and kick the tires on him. I personally think he has a little upside as a roll player off the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really just salary filler to make the deal work under the CBA and they're expendable from NY's perspective. If it were me calling the shots for the Spurs I'd waive or move Smith in a secondary trade and I'd keep Frank and kick the tires on him. I personally think he has a little upside as a roll player off the bench.
    I like it, and just seeing that the Knicks also have Dallas’s first this year so they may be OK giving one up.

Heck they would potentially have enough capspace if they resign DDR to go get Lowry in free agency for the reunion of those two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like it, and just seeing that the Knicks also have Dallas’s first this year so they may be OK giving one up.

Heck they would potentially have enough capspace if they resign DDR to go get Lowry in free agency for the reunion of those two.
    Exactly... they'd be in position to make that reunion happen..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still hot for Turner lol. Apparently this trade is legal:

SAS: Turner
    BOS: LMA
    IND: Protect 1st (SAS) + 4m filler (BOS) + 2 2nds

Then if DDR bolts, Spurs still have near max money to take a run at a RFA like J. Collins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people keep putting Aldridge in trades where he'd have to play the four.

Sure, the Celtics are undersized at the five, but what they really need is a big wing who can credibly guard fours so that Brown/Smart don't have to consistently go up a weight class.

The Cavaliers are obviously set with Allen and as a re-building team, neither side would have interest anyway.

The Trail Blazers only work if he's ready to accept a bench role behind Nurkic (granted, he's had recent trouble staying healthy).

The Nets (not the type they need though), Hornets, Heat (see Celtics, but Adebayo can at least cross match) and Raptors are teams that he could make sense for.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-31-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still hot for Turner lol. Apparently this trade is legal:

SAS: Turner
    BOS: LMA
    IND: Protect 1st (SAS) + 4m filler (BOS) + 2 2nds

Then if DDR bolts, Spurs still have near max money to take a run at a RFA like J. Collins.
    I wouldn't give up a 1st for Turner myself at his current price tag..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people keep putting Aldridge in trades where he'd have to play the four.

Sure, the Celtics are undersized at the five, but what they really need is a big wing who can credibly guard fours so that Brown/Smart don't have to consistently go up a weight class.

The Cavaliers are obviously set with Allen and as a re-building team, neither side would have interest anyway.

The Trail Blazers only work if he's ready to accept a bench role behind Nurkic (granted, he's had recent trouble staying healthy).

The Nets (not the type they need though), Hornets, Heat (see Celtics, but Adebayo can at least cross match) and Raptors are teams that he could make sense for.
    In regard to the celtics it's purely as a big body to go against Embiid..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In regard to the celtics it's purely as a big body to go against Embiid..
    If that was their primary concern, they wouldn't have turned down Turner (not that he can guard Embiid) as part of a hypothetical Hayward sign and trade, persued Millsap with the MLE and ultimately signed Thompson with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that was their primary concern, they wouldn't have turned down Turner (not that he can guard Embiid) as part of a hypothetical Hayward sign and trade, persued Millsap with the MLE and ultimately signed Thompson with it.
    Aldridge has a couple things going for him though 1) he does relatively better against Embiid than the others you listed and 2) they aren't obligated after this season.

Still, I'm not predicting they are going to make a play for him nor do I think they'd give up much for the privilege... I'm just pointing out the reasons they might consider it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has a couple things going for him though 1) he does relatively better against Embiid than the others you listed and 2) they aren't obligated after this season.

Still, I'm not predicting they are going to make a play for him nor do I think they'd give up much for the privilege... I'm just pointing out the reasons they might consider it.
    Exactly. Plus that TPE starts to burn a hole in Boston’s pocket here soon. I suppose they could use it on a draft-day trade, but this is really their best shot that also 1. maximizes their chances at a deep playoff run, and 2. Doesn’t commit them long term

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    revisiting the GS/SA trade

would you do this trade?

LMA+DDR+GAY for Oubre (they more than probably are not gonna resign him) + Wiggins (they probably already regret trading for him) + Wiseman (still green in their own words for competing at high level)?

The good for GS with such trade is :
    a) on paper they are gonna have experienced and better (and who already know how to play together) players for one or two play offs runs, with a still good team (but with his main pieces aging and so in the last seasons of elite goals, see Curry, D. Green);
    b) however, also if things don't pan out for good, they are gonna have a good draft pick, they free a very big amount of cap space and avoid a lot of tax payments.

The good for SA is practically only Wiseman...Oubre doesn't fit the colture and in any case (traded to us or staying in GS) is quite sure to be out from te team is playing for this year, being probably one of names in a next dry market; Wiggins is still considered negative value with his remaining years of max contract.
    But the point is he (probably) , Oubre (possibly, but with a bigger chance he runs away at the end of this season) and Wiggins (very difficult, but never say never) are all players young and talented enough that could largely benefit from our team colture and teaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    revisiting the GS/SA trade

would you do this trade?

LMA+DDR+GAY for Oubre (they more than probably are not gonna resign him) + Wiggins (they probably already regret trading for him) + Wiseman (still green in their own words for competing at high level)?

The good for GS with such trade is :
    a) on paper they are gonna have experienced and better (and who already know how to play together) players for one or two play offs runs, with a still good team (but with his main pieces aging and so in the last seasons of elite goals, see Curry, D. Green);
    b) however, also if things don't pan out for good, they are gonna have a good draft pick, they free a very big amount of cap space and avoid a lot of tax payments.

The good for SA is practically only Wiseman...Oubre doesn't fit the colture and in any case (traded to us or staying in GS) is quite sure to be out from te team is playing for this year, being probably one of names in a next dry market; Wiggins is still considered negative value with his remaining years of max contract.
    But the point is he (probably) , Oubre (possibly, but with a bigger chance he runs away at the end of this season) and Wiggins (very difficult, but never say never) are all players young and talented enough that could largely benefit from our team colture and teaching.
    I doubt they'd absorb that much salary bring in the tax....but I'd pass from our perspective.... Wiseman isn't enough for me....if they included the Minnesota pick as well I'd bite..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last minute idea:

LMA + Lyles to OKC for Horford + Roby + picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last minute idea:

LMA + Lyles to OKC for Horford + Roby + picks
    Okc has no incentive to do that deal...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Mello wants out from Pels... What about a swap with Lyles?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Mello wants out from Pels... What about a swap with Lyles?
    If you mean Melli, I'd rather just waive Lyles...I don't think melli is an NBA player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a kinda wild trade I'd like to see that makes sense for everyone to a degree...

https://tradenba.com/trades/BXDER4cKn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like this think tank isn't very active... But it's time for new ideas, once we can agree that in no way this season we are gonna win enough games to be a play off team. Imho with the actual hawks situation, they could be a good team to trade with. Hunter, Okongwu, Jhonson are all bigs that for different reasons (injuries or being too green) could be more than available for our marketable assets (Young, Eubanks)...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im thinking Raptors might be a better partner. Seems like they may well be looking to move on from the y P generations and usher in the new crop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cleveland- White, Thad, Bryn, and Drew
    Spurs- Love, Sexton, and 2022 top 10 protected 1st

Let's Cleveland get off some money next year and improve their position in the East this year.

Spurs collect an asset and possibly 2 assets if they can resign Sexton on a reasonable deal by buying low on him. Love could actually help in certain lineups this year too and we get out of a couple years on White's contract down the road.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ i think there might be something with CLE but just not a big Sexton fan, especially if he's going to be prickly about his next deal coming up.

My latest musing is Thad or Thad/Bryn to Memphis, who has 5 FRPs over the next two years. They are playing really well of late, and rumored to want to upgrade the SloMo/PF position off the bench.

- Something like Thad/Bryn for SloMos & Culliver expirings + worst of their 3 2022 FRPs + Santi Aldama
    - or smaller version like Thad for SloMo & pick/Aldama

Thread Information