My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WojYahooNBA

Heat and Thunder are seriously discussing a trade sending Daequan Cook and 18th pick to OKC for 32nd, source says. More cap space for Heat.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a thought compised of Several rumours:
    Rumour of Minn-Memphis Al for Z-Bo trade. Apparently Minn offered Al to Indy for troy Murphy(Both Zach and Murphy are in last year of their deals).
    If Indy rejected that deal, but would accept a TP for Murphy, Rush 10 deal, Could we combine the deals?(Parker to Indy, Murphy to Minnesota, Jefferson, 10, Rush to SA).
    Would people be more open to that deal than the Murphy package?

Again, just a hypothetical combo of rumours, not suggesting it's on the table.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why not send the d-leaguers and the 49th to Miami for the same package? They can waive the non-guaranteed contracts (keep someone if they want), fall out of the first and make a draft and stash pick at 49.

We get the 18th and 20th then move Hill and the 20th to Indiana for the 10th and Rush

Draft Paul George at 10

Trade the 18th and a future 1st to Memphis for their 25th and 28th picks and take Brackins and Pliess

PG: Parker
    SG: Manu, Cook
    SF: RJ, George, Rush
    PF: Duncan, Blair, Brackins
    C: Splitter, McDyess

Fill in back up PG with the LLE

It could happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WojYahooNBA

The Heat has agreed in principle to trade Daequan Cook and 18th pick in Thursday's draft to Thunder for 32nd pick, a league source tells Y!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: Heat, Thunder agree to trade http://tinyurl.com/38azwdx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, WTF? That is a super cheap way to move up and nothing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, WTF? That is a super cheap way to move up and nothing?
    Salary dump on Miami's part - because it was done before July 1st, it lowers their team salary and lux tax payment for 2009-10. Spurs would have had to return something to make it work, but OKC is under the cap and can simply absorb Cook's salary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think Presti will do us a solid ala the Barry with KT trade?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a damn steal by Presti. they can even use Cook and his shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chadfordinsider

Trade Chatter (free): Chris Paul staying put; Favors back in favor in NJ; Raptors-Blazers talking trade more ... http://es.pn/bZWzwX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WojYahooNBA

Thunder holding serious talks with Pacers to trade Eric Maynor, 18th and 21st picks for Indy's 10th pick, sources tell Y!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chadfordinsider

Per ESPN's Chris Broussard: Clipps-Bulls talking Deng trade. Would be huge for Bulls' chances to land 'Bron http://es.pn/9daLMA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were the Pacers, I'd do that deal. They need to ac ulate as many quality assets as they can. Unlike a lot of other terrible teams, who have a cadre of young, quality assets, the Pacers don't. Their young core currently consists of un-athletic, low ceiling players, such as Hibbert, Rush (he's a decent athlete) and Hansbrough.

They also need star power, but they're not going to get that at ten. Their only hope would be to draft George, play him primarily at SG (because their only star caliber player plays SF) and hope he maxes out on his potential or comes close to it.

Short of that, they're getting a role player at ten. They can get two lesser role players at eighteen and twenty-one and a decent, young backup point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    daldridgetnt

Blazers talking with several teams about Rudy Fernandez: Toronto, Houston, Chicago, Miami, Washington...http://bit.ly/bEipn2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/cat.../draft-reports

NEW YORK – Boston is considering two offers for its No. 19 pick, one from Memphis and one from New Jersey, a source with knowledge of the selection told ESPN.com Wednesday night.

The Celtics are mulling over an offer from Memphis for the Grizzlies No. 25 and 28 picks while the Nets are looking at shipping the No. 27 pick in the first round and No. 31 in the second round to the Celtics for No. 19.

A source close to the Celtics said earlier Wednesday that general manager Danny Ainge was looking to move No. 19 because he wasn’t enamored with the possible selections at that position.

Meanwhile, the Minnesota Timberwolves are also continuing to talk to Memphis about sending the No. 16 pick for the No. 25 and 28 selections. A source with knowledge of the T-Wolves draft process told ESPN.com that they would keep the No. 4 selection and choose either Syracuse’s Wesley Johnson if he were available or Georgia Tech’s Derrick Favors if the New Jersey Nets select Johnson at No. 3. The Timberwolves, who have the most picks in the draft with five, are looking to move at least one or two of the picks and are listening to multiple deals. One deal that multiple sources said won’t happen is shipping Al Jefferson to Memphis for Zach Randolph. Jefferson is on the trade block, but his camp has been assured that he wouldn’t go to Memphis. Jefferson’s camp, according to sources, is hoping he lands with a playoff team or one that is getting closer.

Unless the Spurs specifically want Williams and fear that the Trail Blazers will take him at 22 (watch them end up moving in front of the Spurs) if they don't take him at 20, the Spurs should offer 20 to the loser of the Celtics pick. If it's the Grizzlies, it's 25 and 28; if it's the Nets, it's 27 and 31.

At this range in the draft (20-30), the players are mostly comparable. It comes down to preference. So basically, the Spurs could get a similar player later in the 20s to the one they could get at 20 and then pick up a second player. Using my example from yesterday, they could potentially net Williams and Brackins. Assuming Splitter is signed, that would complete the back court and big situation and give them good depth of young players going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/16879900726

NBA source: There's a firesale in Golden State & everyone's available except Curry. Owner trying to make team more attractive for new buyer.
    Warriors having a firesale ...

Could the spurs pickup Anthony Morrow by any chance ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    future 2nd and cash for micheal beasley?anyone?miami is just about so desperate to dump his contract....maybe he will improve under pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade R.J for Gay

Trade Parker for Lee

= Championship...

Check out what the guy from ESPN said..not me..

Why hasn't anyone thought of this?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    future 2nd and cash for micheal beasley?anyone?miami is just about so desperate to dump his contract....maybe he will improve under pop
    We can't trade for Beasley without sending a contract back.

Trade R.J for Gay

Trade Parker for Lee

= Championship...

Check out what the guy from ESPN said..not me..

Why hasn't anyone thought of this?
    Jefferson can probably only be traded to teams trying to get rid of long contracts, and Gay is a currently a free agent. There is no reason for Memphis to make that trade. Parker is better than Lee and fills a bigger need.

Don't listen to guys on ESPN. They're usually idiots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone think the rockets could be interested in a :

Battier/Jeffries + Ariza for RJ (plus, in case, Hairston or Gee) ?

Given their actual game style, all about up tempo with Brooks pg and Martin g, Jefferson could be their ideal kind of a small forward...(and likely to be re-signed at a smaller price).
    On the opposite side, Ariza didn't play too well for them, just trying to do too much while he's more an athletic defender and good three point shooter (and I think that with Budinger they are already well equipped with that), and Jeffries is an expiring next year while Battier is already 32 years old.

For us, Ariza should fit very well in our system, and is the athletic three (defender, three point shooter) that the doctor ordered, Jeffries and Battier are both good defenders (long three) and have a good baskettball IQ.

Imho the trade could be beneficial for both teams...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Given their actual game style, all about up tempo with Brooks pg and Martin g, Jefferson could be their ideal kind of a small forward...(and likely to be re-signed at a smaller price).
    On the opposite side, Ariza didn't play too well for them, just trying to do too much while he's more an athletic defender and good three point shooter (and I think that with Budinger they are already well equipped with that), and Jeffries is an expiring next year while Battier is already 32 years old.

For us, Ariza should fit very well in our system, and is the athletic three (defender, three point shooter) that the doctor ordered, Jeffries and Battier are both good defenders (long three) and have a good baskettball IQ.

Imho the trade could be beneficial for both teams...
    I don't know how Houston regards Ariza as a long-term fit, but a trade structured like this is what I would expect from any RJ trade. I can't see the Spurs rolling RJ's contract for a huge contract like Iguodala's. A trade like this for a smaller long-term contract plus an expiring contract seems much more likely.

Jeffries and Battier are both good defenders (long three) and have a good baskettball IQ.
    Battier is a good defender with a high BBIQ.

Jeffries is a 6.8M expiring contract who is often regarded as a good defender only because his offense is so terrible that people assume there must be some reason he gets paid so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a trade I've suggested weeks ago so i like it and I think there is a chance Rockets do it.
    To make the trade fair, the filler should be Jeffries and not Battier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I had the chance to fill in on some of the gaps in the draft, and apperently the Hawks believe that Pape Sy is a great talent that no one will see coming.

Anyone know anything on this guy? All my Hawks source told me was that he tore up Grivis Vasques in workouts.
    Even if Pape Sy is French and plays in French league, everybody in France is surprised the he is drafted. He did nothing special with his team and wasn't selected for youth NT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a trade I've suggested weeks ago so i like it and I think there is a chance Rockets do it.
    To make the trade fair, the filler should be Jeffries and not Battier
    You really think the Rockets would do that, Bruno?

That'd be a phenomenal trade for the Spurs. It's something that could be the final piece to the puzzle if Tiago comes over and plays the way he's capable . . .

Thread Information