Page 38 of 143 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for Kaman, if he can regain his confidence post injury he would be a solid fit for the Spurs.
    Heck, if it's RJ/Bonner we would be unloading, I don't care if he can't play even one game, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if LAC wanted RJ and Splitter for Kaman. Would anyone be willing to do that?
    I would not.

But I would do - Jefferson + Blair for Kaman even if we have to take Gomes contract back.

I actually discussed this trade with some Clippers fans. Some hate the idea of Jefferson, but some actually think it's a decent trade. They add just 10m in salaries overall, fill a need (SF) and get rid of a bad player and get a cheap backup for Blake Griffin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ+Dice would work, and the Clips would even save a small amount of cash this year (about half a million) assuming they cut Dice. Still may not be enough... maybe a pick in next year's deep draft? That said, Kaman is damaged goods in his own right.

It's not ideal bc we'd deplete our front line, but push came to shove I'd offer Blair over Splitter. I love Blairs heart, but since he can't shoot the much taller Splitter makes him redundant (at the very least) in the Spurs' system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a separate note: How would folks assess Neal's trade value? Can't imagine his value would get much higher than it is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a separate note: How would folks assess Neal's trade value? Can't imagine his value would get much higher than it is now.
    He's performing beyond expectations on a small contract and we just traded away Hill, which would mean we have little reason to want to part with Neal, I'd say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think Neal has lots of upside still. He hasn't played that many minutes for us really and he is still enormously cheap.

Why would we want to shop him? Who has better upside for the price out there?

Trade ideas? I can't think of a player in his price range that has better upside that anyone would want to give us. Are you thinking of shopping him for a vet backup PG or a C?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Clippers trade Kaman's expiring contract for 3 years of RJ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Clippers trade Kaman's expiring contract for 3 years of RJ?
    clippers are desperately looking for a veteran starting SF

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clippers are desperately looking for a veteran starting SF
    They can find way better options for Kaman's expiring contract. Too bad Isiah's not the Clippers GM.

The Spurs would have to take back another really bad contract in any RJ trade, not an expiring contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think Neal has lots of upside still. He hasn't played that many minutes for us really and he is still enormously cheap.

Why would we want to shop him? Who has better upside for the price out there?

Trade ideas? I can't think of a player in his price range that has better upside that anyone would want to give us. Are you thinking of shopping him for a vet backup PG or a C?
    He's performing beyond expectations on a small contract and we just traded away Hill, which would mean we have little reason to want to part with Neal, I'd say.
    I agree that he's the type of contract that the Spurs want right now. I'm just curious about the impact of including his ridiculously cheap deal in a package to move RJ.

If you tell me that, for next year, 9.2M only buys me RJ, but that if can pony up just under 800K more you'll also throw in Neal, I start thinking about 10M in a different way. My question is how much of that 10M value would you attribute to Neal? 1.5M, 2M, 2.5m, more? Keep in mind that similarly regarded Rookies from Neal's class made about these amounts on the Rookie scale.

If not Neal, same question but with Blair's ridiculously cheap deal? Unclear if Neal is a UFA after the 2011-12 season, but Blair's deal runs for 2 of the 3 years of RJ's deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can find way better options for Kaman's expiring contract. Too bad Isiah's not the Clippers GM.

The Spurs would have to take back another really bad contract in any RJ trade, not an expiring contract.
    Clips were going to take on Iggy's contract (same # of years as RJ, AND 4M more per year) from the Sixers, for Kaman's expiring. Sixers, not Clippers, shot that deal down on concerns of Kaman's health.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ is no Iggy.

It was Iggy's LA based agent that started those Laker/Clippers rumors. He wants Iggy in LA.

the Clipper agreeing to a Kaman-RJ trade.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that he's the type of contract that the Spurs want right now. I'm just curious about the impact of including his ridiculously cheap deal in a package to move RJ.

If you tell me that, for next year, 9.2M only buys me RJ, but that if can pony up just under 800K more you'll also throw in Neal, I start thinking about 10M in a different way. My question is how much of that 10M value would you attribute to Neal? 1.5M, 2M, 2.5m, more? Keep in mind that similarly regarded Rookies from Neal's class made about these amounts on the Rookie scale.

If not Neal, same question but with Blair's ridiculously cheap deal? Unclear if Neal is a UFA after the 2011-12 season, but Blair's deal runs for 2 of the 3 years of RJ's deal.
    Like I said earlier, with Hill gone, I think the Spurs would be more reluctant to move Neal until they could get a healthy season out of Anderson, or could find a third trade partner that could provide an SG able to reasonably fill the void left by Gary. Green certainly couldn't, and nobody knows what Butler is capable of, so I wouldn't count on either to replace Neal.

As for Blair, I think there's a market for him, but it probably isn't as robust and enthusiastic as it was at the end of last season, when his ceiling seemed higher than it does now (to me, at least). His knees and size will always be a question, but there are additional issues like his decision-making, inconsistency from game to game, and difficulty finishing that seem more pronounced now... so I don't know where I would say his stock value was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point in time i'd just be happy for a change of scenery at SF for us. Just a minor tweak with a trade for RJ for any other SF with a similar contract. No star, just a role player. Unfortunately for us and RJ he came to san antonio with such high expectations, so it might be good to lower our expectations with someone else.

Boris Diaw- 6'8" 235 11pts 5 reb 4 ast 35% 3PTFG much more defensive potential then RJ. 9 million dollar contract compared to RJ's 8.4 million dollar contract. Solid strong all round SF.

Travis Outlaw- 6'9' 207 9pts 4reb career 34% 3PTFG. Nothing impressive but longer with more defensive potential. Jersey may do this to pair Williams with RJ, Derron could bring RJ's swagger back.

Hedo Turkoglu- 6'10" 220lbs. Been there done that. Decent all rounder with massive size for a SF. Good for 14 pts 4reb 4ast 40% 3PFG. Familiar with the system. Surprised we got rid of him after just one year. If it wasnt for Fisher's 0.4 we could have won the le with him here. Bit slow footed but id take him over RJ and orlando might want a change in SF. 2 Million $ more though.

Shawn Marion- Wish we got him when we got RJ. Extremely versatile. Good for 12 pts 7reb and really good defense. 33% 3PTFG for career but that has dipped lately. Great rebounder for SF. Maybe RJ could reunite with JKIDD and be relevant again. We get better rebounding and defense. I don't see a swap with the championship mavs happening though!

Lakers- RJ for Artest straight up. D improves dramatically and so does the crazy!

Minnestoa- Wolves have a bit of cap room. Martell Webster for RJ straight up? Defense doesnt really improve but damn he can shoot. Just 4.8 million compared to RJ's 8.4 million. Lesson the load on Holt's bank account.

New Orelans- RJ for Ariza straight up. Longer, younger, quicker on defense and cheaper. OK 3 point shooter, great stealer and better defender all around. Chris Paul can get RJ into gear in new orleans no worries.

Anyways. Just a few simple, straight up RJ trade partners. Exept for Webster they all earn similar $ to Jefferson so they'd be simple swaps. I'd take any of the aforementioned guys ahead of that bag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point in time i'd just be happy for a change of scenery at SF for us. Just a minor tweak with a trade for RJ for any other SF with a similar contract. No star, just a role player. Unfortunately for us and RJ he came to san antonio with such high expectations, so it might be good to lower our expectations with someone else.

Boris Diaw- 6'8" 235 11pts 5 reb 4 ast 35% 3PTFG much more defensive potential then RJ. 9 million dollar contract compared to RJ's 8.4 million dollar contract. Solid strong all round SF.

Travis Outlaw- 6'9' 207 9pts 4reb career 34% 3PTFG. Nothing impressive but longer with more defensive potential. Jersey may do this to pair Williams with RJ, Derron could bring RJ's swagger back.

Hedo Turkoglu- 6'10" 220lbs. Been there done that. Decent all rounder with massive size for a SF. Good for 14 pts 4reb 4ast 40% 3PFG. Familiar with the system. Surprised we got rid of him after just one year. If it wasnt for Fisher's 0.4 we could have won the le with him here. Bit slow footed but id take him over RJ and orlando might want a change in SF. 2 Million $ more though.

Shawn Marion- Wish we got him when we got RJ. Extremely versatile. Good for 12 pts 7reb and really good defense. 33% 3PTFG for career but that has dipped lately. Great rebounder for SF. Maybe RJ could reunite with JKIDD and be relevant again. We get better rebounding and defense. I don't see a swap with the championship mavs happening though!

Lakers- RJ for Artest straight up. D improves dramatically and so does the crazy!

Minnestoa- Wolves have a bit of cap room. Martell Webster for RJ straight up? Defense doesnt really improve but damn he can shoot. Just 4.8 million compared to RJ's 8.4 million. Lesson the load on Holt's bank account.

New Orelans- RJ for Ariza straight up. Longer, younger, quicker on defense and cheaper. OK 3 point shooter, great stealer and better defender all around. Chris Paul can get RJ into gear in new orleans no worries.

Anyways. Just a few simple, straight up RJ trade partners. Exept for Webster they all earn similar $ to Jefferson so they'd be simple swaps. I'd take any of the aforementioned guys ahead of that bag
    really like the diaw trade but since he is an expiring contract and with there current trade to get maggette. they have no reason to trade for RJ.

really like the ariza trade but we would have to take another scrub SF or scrub Center to make the trade happen. unless we try and trade for jack by a throwing in blair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is for some unknown reason that we miss a whole year of basketball how would this impact the 2012 draft? Would all teams just follow the same draft order the year prior?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pipe Dream...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3omtvc8

With Minisota taking Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolf seems pretty redundant.

Tony, Ridnour
    Manu, Anderson
    Webster, Leonard
    Anthony, Bonner
    Tim, Tiago

throw in some Free agents = championship

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips were going to take on Iggy's contract (same # of years as RJ, AND 4M more per year) from the Sixers, for Kaman's expiring. Sixers, not Clippers, shot that deal down on concerns of Kaman's health.
    Iggy is also younger & better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
    Just filed to ESPN.com: Cavaliers and Kings in advanced discussions on a J.J. Hickson-for-Omri Casspi deal. Link on the way
    http://es.pn/k3RGQ6

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
    Kings finalizing trade sending F Omri Casspi and first-round pick to Cavs for F J.J. Hickson, sources tell Yahoo! Sports
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-30-2011 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to see some move. Hopefully Spurs can do something with Dice contract today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont like that deal for Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Clev would be willing to part with Hickson now that they drafted Thompson.

Yes, but not for RJ.

Thread Information