Page 42 of 143 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Kleiza has had a big knee surgery last February. He is out for 9-12 months. it will be hard to expect some kind of production from him in 2011-2012.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it will be hard to expect some kind of production from him in 2011-2012.
    Same may ultimately be said about the NBA season, so perhaps that isn't a pressing concern -- especially with our sudden depth at the 3 in the event the lock-out happens to conclude before Kleiza has fully recovered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3baoeu9

Gasol 18pps 10rpg long with good defense
    Duncan
    Artest- Tough, great defense. 35% 3PTFG
    Ginobili
    Stuckey 15ppg 5apg Ispg Finished the season on a tear averaging 25pts 9ast in his last 5 games.

Thats solid. Going from an undersized front court to a tall, strong, defensive front court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3tgnefy

McGee 10ppg 8rpg 2.4bpg
    Duncan
    Dudley 11ppg 4rpg 1 spg 41% 3pfg
    Manu
    Nash 15ppg 11apg 40% 3pfg

Frontcourt gains size and defense and rebounding and presence, get one of the best distributers and shooters in history and a very solid SF who can hit the corner 3 ball and defense.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Detroit or Washington does either of those trades. In fact, I think they hang up the phone, and get all future calls blocked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rj + cash + pick or prospect to Minnesota for Webster and A. Randolph works salary wise.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rj + cash + pick or prospect to Minnesota for Webster and A. Randolph works salary wise.
    they dont want anymore prospects. they want vets. so maybe a 2nd round pick or 2. dont want the spurs to give up a 1st round pick just to move RJ. but this is Kahn we are talking about so maybe they take rj straight up for webster & randolph or tolliver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the spurs going after Webster and Randolph,2 guys they should have been after for years. Randolph has put on wt, and could be really a nice pc beside TD. Webster can play the 2 or 3, solid all around.

I would see if Minn would take RJ and a pick for the two, as they are looking for vets and are going to an up tempo game that RJ does well in.

It would be real nice if we could get Darko who they seem to want off the books in the deal for say RJ, Anderson and a pick.

We add size and youth upfront, get better on D, dump RJ and have a bigger guy to start at sg, while making room for Kawhi to take over at SF.

TP Manu
    Webster Neal
    Kawhi Manu
    Randolph Splitter
    TD Darko

I like the look of that.

We must grab a Center and upgrade the 4 or the year is a waste.
    this is one of a few realistic trades that would make us better but i would rather move blair than anderson.

Tp/neal
    anderson/manu
    Kawhi/webster
    randolph/splitter/bonner
    TD/Darko/mcdyess

and then a signing of a cheap PG like Carlos arroyo or telfair for insurance and they can push open the window for 1 last season before they enter the dreaded rebuild mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is one of a few realistic trades that would make us better but i would rather move blair than anderson.

Tp/neal
    anderson/manu
    Kawhi/webster
    randolph/splitter/bonner
    TD/Darko/mcdyess

and then a signing of a cheap PG like Carlos arroyo or telfair for insurance and they can push open the window for 1 last season before they enter the dreaded rebuild mode.
    I like the trade, but I see minny more interested in eliminating big contracts...they will probably prefer to trade Beasley (and all his weed problems) than randolph, that has a "good" contract...

I can see a deal as the following

RJ+Dice contract+DSButler+Blair for Beasley + Webster+ Milicic(Pekovic)

it works on the nba trade machine...

than we have :

Parker-Neal-Joseph
    Anderson-Manu-Green
    Leonard-Webster-x
    Duncan-Beasley-Bonner
    Splitter-Milicic(Pekovic)-Richards

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    totally unnecessary trade proposal #82623753:

thinking about the Raptors and their needs. thought about two scenarios:
    #1: RJ + Blair for Johnson + Kleiza.

why the Raptors do it:
    no matter if Valanciunas comes over this year or next summer, the core of their front court of the future will be Valanciunas-Bargnani-Davis and this looks pretty damn good. Johnson did well, but you don't want a player on a long term contract at 6 million when this player is just the #4 of your big rotation and a younger and less costly player (Davis) provides most of the qualities this player brings in.
    Blair gets them the same production on the boards like Evans, but is a much better offensive player. (and younger) so they will like him. Valanciunas-Bargnani-Davis-Blair looks even better long term, considering none is older than 25.
    Kleiza was a disappointment this season, they might think about getting rid of him. They need 3pt shooting desperately, RJ might be somehow intriguing. they won't like his big contract, but they get rid of more guaranteed money overall, so it's not a bad decision financially.

Spurs do it:
    they bring in two not so good contracts for one bad contract. let's call it a wash. Johnson brings in qualities the Spurs desperately need. (defense, athleticism and mobility for the front court). they offered him a nice contract some years ago, so they liked him then. and he did improve significantly.
    Kleiza+Leonard looks nice (at least on paper) for the SF spot. Kleiza is more versatile than RJ and probably also a better fit for a slower pace.

scenario #2:
    RJ + Bonner + Blair + Joseph
    for
    Johnson + Kleiza + Bayless

Raptors might have some interest in a very young PG, who is from Toronto. Bonner is kind of a local guy either and a fan fav. he brings some more 3pt shooting, even considering his role would be very limited alongside Bargnani.

Bayless would give the Spurs a decent back up PG, he was a disappointment considering he was a lottery pick, but he isn't that bad. decent defender, would compensate for the loss of defense that Hill provided. has still nice upside at 22.

that trade would give us a depth chart:

Tony-Bayless-Manu
    Manu-Neal-Anderson-Bayless
    Kleiza-Leonard-Anderson-Butler
    Johnson-Kleiza-(Dice?)-(Richards?)
    Tim-Splitter-(Richards?)

fk. what a waste of time. fk the lock out!
    This guy beat you to the punch (4th post) . . . http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...php?p=5339918&

Two things that should be changed in that post. 1) Johnson's final season is $5 million guaranteed, which brings the total guaranteed money remaining to $23 million. That doesn't include his 5% trade kicker and performance bonuses, which he's unlikely to attain. 2) Kleiza only has 3 years and just over $13.5 million remaining on his contract. The final season is a player option, but considering how overpaid he is, it would be an upset of epic proportions were he not to exercise it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is not only the most likely trade, but the only trade. If they can't pull it off, I could see them standing pat, for the simple fact that I don't see another realistic trade that makes sense on so many levels.

Two more reasons why the Raptors might make this trade. 1) Colangelo is not afraid to make big trades and take chances. 2) Colanegelo only got a two year extension, with a mandate to start winning.

Bruno, Kleiza's injury is irrelevant, he's just a necessary evil in the trade. The value lies in getting rid of Jefferson and acquiring Johnson. If he's not ready to go to start the season, then that's more minutes for the young guys. If he is ready, he'd probably start, at least until or unless Leonard showed he was ready to start.

Johnson/Bonner
    Kleiza/Leonard/Butler
    Duncan/Splitter
    Ginobili/Anderson
    Parker/Neal/Joseph

Add in a fifth big (Shelden Williams?) and a depth PG (Ivey?) and they'd be set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy beat you to the punch (4th post) . . . http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...php?p=5339918&

Two things that should be changed in that post. 1) Johnson's final season is $5 million guaranteed, which brings the total guaranteed money remaining to $23 million. That doesn't include his 5% trade kicker and performance bonuses, which he's unlikely to attain. 2) Kleiza only has 3 years and just over $13.5 million remaining on his contract. The final season is a player option, but considering how overpaid he is, it would be an upset of epic proportions were he not to exercise it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is not only the most likely trade, but the only trade. If they can't pull it off, I could see them standing pat, for the simple fact that I don't see another realistic trade that makes sense on so many levels.

Two more reasons why the Raptors might make this trade. 1) Colangelo is not afraid to make big trades and take chances. 2) Colanegelo only got a two year extension, with a mandate to start winning.

Bruno, Kleiza's injury is irrelevant, he's just a necessary evil in the trade. The value lies in getting rid of Jefferson and acquiring Johnson. If he's not ready to go to start the season, then that's more minutes for the young guys. If he is ready, he'd probably start, at least until or unless Leonard showed he was ready to start.

Johnson/Bonner
    Kleiza/Leonard/Butler
    Duncan/Splitter
    Ginobili/Anderson
    Parker/Neal/Joseph

Add in a fifth big (Shelden Williams?) and a depth PG (Ivey?) and they'd be set.
    IDK i still believe that there are possible trades to move RJ to minnie or the clippers. trade to toronto does seems most likely but Kahn is in idiot and the clippers front office isnt much better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK i still believe that there are possible trades to move RJ to minnie or the clippers. trade to toronto does seems most likely but Kahn is in idiot and the clippers front office isnt much better.
    I don't see a logical trade with the Timberwolves. Kahn has said they'd like to get some veterans, but I don't see them trading Randolph, unless they can get an upgrade at C or a wing scorer. Milicic is a plodding C, which is not what the Spurs are looking for.

The Clippers, maybe. But only if they don't sign Prince, Battier, Hill, Butler or Kirilenko. Unfortunately, there's no reason to think they won't.

Those thinking up trade proposals that include plodding C's are ignoring what Pop/Buford said and how the game is played today. Only one team essentially plays two C's together and that's the Lakers. They've done it in recent years because Gasol could defend PF's and because he and Bynum have been a dominating, overwhelming combination. Even they're not immune to the issues that comes with that though, as evidenced by the Mavs series. And it'll only become a more glaring issue as Gasol ages.

The only way the Spurs join them as the second team to play two C's together, is if they fail to acquire the type of PF they covet and come to the obvious conclusion that Splitter is the best in house option to start. If that comes to fruition, I could see them taking a flier on someone like Clark to be the fifth big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves have no room for Randolph. With Love and Williams at the 4 Randolph will be a pine rider. If Nelson takes over as coach he is no fan of Randolph so be sure he will be out the door.

As far as Milicic, he quicker than TD and can play out on the floor. Hes still better than any big we have outside TD. He wouldnt fit the up tempo game Nelson wants to play.

Pops and RC can say what they want to but fact remains they have not improved the PF spot at all. If you want to get more athletic, which we need to on the back end, you need to make a trade, and so far we have failed to due that.

Thomas, Randolph, Smith have all been put on the market and we did little to attempt to get.

Be real nice to see the spurs take a chance this year and grab a young big who can run and defend. Smith would be perfect for us.
    There is room. Kahn has talked about Randolph essentially playing backup C against most teams. That would leave the forward minutes to be split between Love, Beasley and Williams. Short of a trade that would fill one of their two needs, such as the Nets accepting Williams/Milicic for Lopez or the Pacers accepting Williams/Pekovic for Granger, look for them to build around Love, Williams, Milicic and Randolph on the front line. They'd probably like to move Beasley, who's redundant and Pekovic, who there's no room for.

Nelson probably won't get the job. He's old, expensive and clearly hasn't cared for years. They'll probably go cheap.

Whether Milicic is slightly quicker than Duncan or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that he can't defend PF's. If they're not thrilled with playing Splitter next to Duncan, then there's zero chance they pair him with a plodder.

They've barely had a chance to make moves and they won't have a chance to again until the lockout is over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milicic was drafted as a PF, and can defend PF as he does very well against TD. As for Kahn, in no way can Randolph at 215 lbs defend NBA centers. He is rail thin and will never be able to hold much wt.

Kahn also has no idea what the he is doing. Drafting multiple pg one year to trade them away and come away with almost nothing. Then drafting multiple SF the next year, again comming away with nothing.

Then this year drafting a guy who plays the same spot as your two best players.

Im not sure Randolph can even be a full time player at the PF spot in the NBA, he would just be a nice fit with Blair, splitter and TD.

SA doesnt like Splitter and TD together not due to speed but the fact Tiago cannot play away from the basket so Tim gets jammed. Milicic can shoot. Milicic Runs the floor very well better than most PF in the NBA inclueding Love.
    So was Pachulia, O'Neal, Noah, Varejao, Mahinmi, Andersen, Wallace, Biedrins, Okafor, Turiaf, Perkins, Howard, Camby, Splitter, Bargnani, Jefferson, Okur and Thomas. All of them now play C, some out of necessity, but most because of how the game has evolved over the past decade.

Milicic is 7-1, 275. In today's game, there's no way he can defend PF's on a consistent basis, even if he does move well for his size. Milicic had success against Duncan last season because of his declining mobility and the fact that he's 2 inches smaller and 20 pounds lighter. In other words, Duncan has no physical advantage over him. In his salad days, he'd have had Milicic in foul trouble early and often.

Kahn is an idiot, no question, but he's also their GM, so I'll take his word for it when he says Randolph is going to play a lot of backup C. Obviously, he won't be defending the Howard's and Bynum's of the world, but at 6-11, 225, if he adds 5-10 pounds this off season, he'd be virtually the same size as Noah, Mahinmi, Andersen, Biedrins, Camby, Splitter, etc. And with the way the game is played today, he can definitely be a full time PF.

They don't like it for the lack of spacing and because they don't seem to view Splitter as someone who can consistently defend PF's.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if the Spurs did have a big hole at C, I wouldn't want Milicic. this guy is just dumb. (I rather take Pekovic, if the Wolves want to get rid of a center). he is one of the least efficient offensive players in the league (it's a bit of a myth that he can shoot. he hits them ocassionally and it looks nice, but overall his output is below average.) and 3 years / 15 million left isn't a great deal either. however, I agree that he isn't an option for the 4 and only has some value as a defensive 5.

Randolph would be a very intriguing thing. he might never get his together, but he still offers that kind of potential, that would be worth the risk. considering what he showed on some occasions at the end of last season (like a 31-11 game vs the Mavs or a 24-15 game vs. the Thunder) I'm not sure the Wolves see him as redundant, even with Williams comming in. and if they wanted to trade him, they will get better offers than what the Spurs have to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rj & bonner for rip & wilcox
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qzmhre
    whenever the league starts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep a look out for Caveman to SA for cash, RJ and Blair. SA has made Shane B Top FA target!
    Texas 2 Step is...

The Ultimate Insider...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs sending cash in a deal with anyone for any reason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Caveman? Robin Lopez?

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he meant Chris Kaman who would be a welcome addition for sure. Big body, plays defense... Not sure what his contract status is or that they would take RJ's contract back. Would suck to lose Blair's energy but Kawhi should provide a lot. That is, if Pop actually plays him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares, the Spurs have no shot at a le. Sad but True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phew I thought Russo was back posting about his unrealistic trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phew I thought Russo was back posting about his unrealistic trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay so, who is Caveman?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay so, who is Caveman?
    Chris Kaman

Thread Information