Page 43 of 143 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3559
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares, the Spurs have no shot at a le. Sad but True
    I will hold the sword so you can run on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what it's worth, it looks like Paul Millsap may be available:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsja...z-nba.html.csp

Only way I see the Spurs getting involved is if we heat up the Tony Parker rumor mill again, but figured I'd at least mention it considering the Spurs need for another big man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what it's worth, it looks like Paul Millsap may be available:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsja...z-nba.html.csp

Only way I see the Spurs getting involved is if we heat up the Tony Parker rumor mill again, but figured I'd at least mention it considering the Spurs need for another big man.
    Pass..

Doesn't fit what the Spurs need. (IMO)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch for a Jason Thompson deal. Could really help the spurs up front and Sac does not want him anymore. Beno and Thompson for RJ, be a solid trade for us. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass..

Doesn't fit what the Spurs need. (IMO)
    Yeah, I agree that Millsap's skillset isn't really what the Spurs are looking for. Not that I wouldn't want to have him, as he's talented, can score, and is currently on a relatively cheap contract. But a 4/5 who can defend and rebound is probably a much higher priority than a 3/4 who can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch for a Jason Thompson deal. Could really help the spurs up front and Sac does not want him anymore. Beno and Thompson for RJ, be a solid trade for us. Then we can use some money on a flyer like Ajinca, or Fes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch for a Jason Thompson deal. Could really help the spurs up front and Sac does not want him anymore. Beno and Thompson for RJ, be a solid trade for us. Then we can use some money on a flyer like Ajinca, or Fes.
    Beno has been traded to Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Utah makes a bigman available, I think it will be Al Jefferson and not Millsap. Utah could also be a little interested in RJ if they can't re-sign Kirilenko.

A trade like RJ+Dice+Blair+1st round pick for Al Jefferson would be a nice deal for Spurs but I doubt Utah will make such a move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Utah makes a bigman available, I think it will be Al Jefferson and not Millsap. Utah could also be a little interested in RJ if they can't re-sign Kirilenko.

A trade like RJ+Dice+Blair+1st round pick for Al Jefferson would be a nice deal for Spurs but I doubt Utah will make such a move.
    Love that deal.

Only time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think this trade has about 1% chance of happening..Would be nice though

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    grat idea. this franchise really went down after Beno was traded away 2007.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think they'll trade Jefferson if/when Kanter proves he can be their starting center. I think trading Millsap is more likely now, because not only can Jefferson play power forward, but more importantly, it would open up minutes for Favors.

I heard months ago that the Jazz think shooting guard might be Hayward's best position. If that's true, given their already limited dept at small forward, they may consider Jefferson, if they can't re-sign Kirilenko. Even in decline, he'd be their best wing scorer in a long time and he's the type of vet who'd seemingly be good to have around young players.

As a potential sweetner, the Spurs could throw in Butler or Green and take Bell off their hands. Then add whichever of Butler or Green is left over to Bell and offer that for Pietrus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that it means anything, but I like Kanter. I think he will be a solid player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where do I sign ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to be really high on Al, but I've cooled on him and his impact. I'm not sure how he would do on the Spurs, but I guess at worst we are getting all around talent up front where we need it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to be really high on Al, but I've cooled on him and his impact. I'm not sure how he would do on the Spurs, but I guess at worst we are getting all around talent up front where we need it.
    I have my doubts too especially defensively but for RJ+Dice+Blair and a 1st round, you cannot not take it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want it to happen because in all honesty that is much bigger of a move than I can see realistically happening, but I'm simply stating I wouldn't expect it to make the Spurs a legit contender (would definitely put the Spurs closer than they are currently however.)

Also, I don't see Utah not getting much better offers if he's made available for certain

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want it to happen because in all honesty that is much bigger of a move than I can see realistically happening, but I'm simply stating I wouldn't expect it to make the Spurs a legit contender (would definitely put the Spurs closer than they are currently however.)

Also, I don't see Utah not getting much better offers if he's made available for certain
    if i remember correctly the mavs won a le with a defensive minded center in chandler and a offenisve PF in Dirk. seems like the same Frontline build the spurs would have with al jefferson & duncan.

& i agree utah would prob be offered monta ellis or possibly Danny Granger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meh, I'm not too high on Al Jefferson; at least, not high enough to give up a first round pick in THIS draft.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Meh, I'm not too high on Al Jefferson; at least, not high enough to give up a first round pick in THIS draft.

I've seen this sentiment about 20 or 30 times. I have a question: who do you think is better, available, and that we can get without parting with one of the Big Three? I'm all ears...

Al J isn't perfect, but he's clearly better than any other big on our roster not named Tim. He's a two time 20/10 player, a term that is massively abused. Every year, there's normally 3 to 4 guys who pull the real 20/10 for the season.

My favorite quality, though, is that he played 82 games last year at a 36 minute clip per game. In baseball, there is a pitching term: innings eater. You don't have to be a great pitcher to be an innings eater, you just have to be effective enough to start every time and not get knocked out early. If we get Al, we'll need him to be a minutes eater, an effective big that we can plug in and forget who can both score in the post and rebound. I really think Pop is going to NOT PLAY Tim in the middle game of any B2B2Bs, and rest him liberally on any B2Bs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should trade blair for a bigger player, whatever happen to that backup center for the magic....

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should trade blair for a bigger player, whatever happen to that backup center for the magic....
    Ryan anderson? if thats who your talking about then i would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your talking about the Polish Hammer Marcin Gortat he is playing with the phoenix suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've seen this sentiment about 20 or 30 times. I have a question: who do you think is better, available, and that we can get without parting with one of the Big Three? I'm all ears...

Al J isn't perfect, but he's clearly better than any other big on our roster not named Tim. He's a two time 20/10 player, a term that is massively abused. Every year, there's normally 3 to 4 guys who pull the real 20/10 for the season.

My favorite quality, though, is that he played 82 games last year at a 36 minute clip per game. In baseball, there is a pitching term: innings eater. You don't have to be a great pitcher to be an innings eater, you just have to be effective enough to start every time and not get knocked out early. If we get Al, we'll need him to be a minutes eater, an effective big that we can plug in and forget who can both score in the post and rebound. I really think Pop is going to NOT PLAY Tim in the middle game of any B2B2Bs, and rest him liberally on any B2Bs.
    Yes, I understand that. But let's look at things from a big picture perspective.

Suppose the Spurs were able to pull of Bruno's trade, then what would be the implications? Would the Spurs be more compe ive this season? Without a doubt. But take a look at what happens beyond that.

The 2012 free agent crop will include, among others, names like Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, and Chris Paul -- franchise cornerstones. Now, I'm not saying we would definitely be able to acquire any of those players in the first place, but if we coupled Duncan's $21.7M expiring contract with using the amnesty clause on RJ, we would suddenly have a gargantuan amount of cap room to instigate a proper rebuilding project. A first round pick in what will be one of the strongest and deepest draft classes of all time would only serve to further that cause.

The fact is, acquiring Al Jefferson and his contract as well as giving up a first round pick at this point only helps us in the short term. In the long run, he is not the kind of player whom we can eventually build our team around. His presence in and of itself would also derail our chances at landing a high lottery pick, which is theoretically another route the Spurs could take in returning to relevance.

All in all, acquiring him then could certainly revive our championship hopes this season. But it could potentially cripple them in the years to come.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Yes, I understand that. But let's look at things from a big picture perspective.

Suppose the Spurs were able to pull of Bruno's trade, then what would be the implications? Would the Spurs be more compe ive this season? Without a doubt. But take a look at what happens beyond that.

The 2012 free agent crop will include, among others, names like Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, and Chris Paul -- franchise cornerstones. Now, I'm not saying we would definitely be able to acquire any of those players in the first place, but if we coupled Duncan's $21.7M expiring contract with using the amnesty clause on RJ, we would suddenly have a gargantuan amount of cap room to instigate a proper rebuilding project. A first round pick in what will be one of the strongest and deepest draft classes of all time would only serve to further that cause.

The fact is, acquiring Al Jefferson and his contract as well as giving up a first round pick at this point only helps us in the short term. In the long run, he is not the kind of player whom we can eventually build our team around. His presence in and of itself would also derail our chances at landing a high lottery pick, which is theoretically another route the Spurs could take in returning to relevance.

All in all, acquiring him then could certainly revive our championship hopes this season. But it could potentially cripple them in the years to come.
    I can tell you we're definitely not getting any of those FAs. A Jefferson trade would be only to keep the window open a paper thickness crack for about 2-3 more years. I'm personally not in any hurry to push Tim out the door. His per minute numbers are still really good. Having Al allows him to play less without us sucking. I recognize that we definitely have to blow it up at some point, but I'm wanting that NOT to be next summer. I'm not sure that you realize that it takes 2-3 years of before you come out the other side. There are no quick fixes.

The big FA thing almost never works anyway. Name the last champion, besides the 2000-2002 Lakers who signed Shaq in 1996, who built their team around a marquee FA signed to be the cornerstone of a franchise.

Thread Information