Page 53 of 143 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt Bonner technicaly expiring ?
    Actually, it's Bonner's 3-pt shot that has the shelf life. It's expires the middle of every April, then packs its bags and heads out on vacation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that Blatch and 3rd pick deal sounds great

And even if Pop and the front office don't like Blatch, that amnesty is a real good option, so we might even be able to pickup someone with legit talent as well from FA to complement our team
    The Spurs can't amnesty Blatche and it would be cheaper to amnesty Bonner and move Splitter cost wise. I think a more realistic trade is Bonner and Splitter for Blatche, the draft rights to Emir Preldzic, 3million cash and picks #35 and #47. Only because you got the Wizards taking that #3 pick in this type of draft. I can see them move back but not totally out of the lottery. I'm not that big on Blatche but the Spurs can get their 2011-2012 luxury tax bill paid for and add two decent secound rounders. Blatche has potential and the rights to a very decent Euro SF makes it worth the Spurs pulling the trigger with the additional financial/draft considerations. The Spurs can sit on those picks or trade up. Also to note on Emir Preldzic that he was part of the package used by the Cavs to trade for Antawn Jamison. He was drafted in 2009. This player can shoot and pass. He has the ability to excel and play in an NBA pro offense and competes in high level compe ion in the Euro League. I do think the Wizards would love to move Blatche in a heartbeat but not at the cost of a premium lotto pick. Lewis has a huge buyout so he is not an amnesty target believe it or not. Which opens it up for the Wizards to use it on AB. Wizards could amnesty Blatche but at 3 more years that's a high cost to pay. Having those potential two second rounders could vault the Spurs back in the first round and still maybe keep their own #59 pick in the process. It's a winner for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs can't amnesty Blatche and it would be cheaper to amnesty Bonner and move Splitter cost wise. I think a more realistic trade is Bonner and Splitter for Blatche, the draft rights to Emir Preldzic, 3million cash and picks #35 and #47. Only because you got the Wizards taking that #3 pick in this type of draft. I can see them move back but not totally out of the lottery. I'm not that big on Blatche but the Spurs can get their 2011-2012 luxury tax bill paid for and add two decent secound rounders. Blatche has potential and the rights to a very decent Euro SF makes it worth the Spurs pulling the trigger with the additional financial/draft considerations. The Spurs can sit on those picks or trade up. Also to note on Emir Preldzic that he was part of the package used by the Cavs to trade for Antawn Jamison. He was drafted in 2009. This player can shoot and pass. He has the ability to excel and play in an NBA pro offense and competes in high level compe ion in the Euro League. I do think the Wizards would love to move Blatche in a heartbeat but not at the cost of a premium lotto pick. Lewis has a huge buyout so he is not an amnesty target believe it or not. Which opens it up for the Wizards to use it on AB. Wizards could amnesty Blatche but at 3 more years that's a high cost to pay. Having those potential two second rounders could vault the Spurs back in the first round and still maybe keep their own #59 pick in the process. It's a winner for both sides.
    Blatche is a disaster for team chemistry and a PR nightmare for fan relations. That's why the Wizards want toget rid of him so badly. Wouldn't be remotely worty it for a couple of 2nd rounders, and probably not for the Spurs even with the #3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I don't care how toxic a guy is, no one is giving a top 5 draft pick just to dump someone. It doesn't happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I don't care how toxic a guy is, no one is giving a top 5 draft pick just to dump someone. It doesn't happen.
    What about in 2010, when Philly was willing to let go of the #2 pick just to get rid of Elton Brand's contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I forgot they traded that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're on the topic of Washington, What about Chris Singleton? How high are the Wizards on him? He's a terrific defender, I'd love to have him in a Blatche deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been able to track down the original source on the rumor that ties the Spurs specifically to an Okafor + #10 deal.
    His name is Texas 2 Step and he's notorious for throwing crap at the wall and hoping it'll stick. I don't see how a deal involving the Spurs really makes sense for either squad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're on the topic of Washington, What about Chris Singleton? How high are the Wizards on him? He's a terrific defender, I'd love to have him in a Blatche deal.
    I don't think the Spurs would be in favor of Chris Singleton, especially since they already have Kawhi Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think trading for Okafor is more realistic than trading with the wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having said that, I think there's plenty of reason to believe the Spurs will be looking to get back into the first round of this draft. With so much depth, particularly at PF, someone with lottery talent will drop into the late teens/early twenties. The Spurs have been masterful at "rebuilding on the fly" and I expect that trend to continue on draft night with a savvy move or two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having said that, I think there's plenty of reason to believe the Spurs will be looking to get back into the first round of this draft. With so much depth, particularly at PF, someone with lottery talent will drop into the late teens/early twenties. The Spurs have been masterful at "rebuilding on the fly" and I expect that trend to continue on draft night with a savvy move or two.
    Unless they pull off a bigger trade for an established big, I agree that they'll trade up, I just don't know if it'll be into the 1st round. Unfortunately (for you, anyway), the bait will likely be Blair. I've got to believe the Cavs are the most likely partner, as they hold the 33th and 34th picks and lack depth inside. The Warriors are another potential partner, with 30, 35 and 52 and also a lack of depth inside. They've also admitted that they're unlikely to keep all four (they also pick 7th) because they added three rookies last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...1097006?pgno=2

The Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol — the fall guy for their second-round ouster against the Thunder and previous playoff failures — even if they have to take back less talent. As long as Heisley retains the Grizzlies, Memphis will always have interest. Heisley has always wanted to bring Gasol back, pairing him with his brother, Marc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless they pull off a bigger trade for an established big, I agree that they'll trade up, I just don't know if it'll be into the 1st round. Unfortunately (for you, anyway), the bait will likely be Blair. I've got to believe the Cavs are the most likely partner, as they hold the 33th and 34th picks and lack depth inside. The Warriors are another potential partner, with 30, 35 and 52 and also a lack of depth inside. They've also admitted that they're unlikely to keep all four (they also pick 7th) because they added three rookies last season.
    LOL if the Warriors trade the #30 back to us for DeJuan ing Blair after they took Jefferson off our hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...1097006?pgno=2

The Lakers are committed to moving Pau Gasol — the fall guy for their second-round ouster against the Thunder and previous playoff failures — even if they have to take back less talent. As long as Heisley retains the Grizzlies, Memphis will always have interest. Heisley has always wanted to bring Gasol back, pairing him with his brother, Marc.
    Earlier in the NBA Forum I floated the idea of Parker and Bonner for Pau. The idea would be to bring in another incredibly skilled big man, then use the midlevel to sign one of the FA point guards -- Nash, Andre Miller, etc.

I realize that it's far fetched that such a trade would ever really happen, but it would allow both teams to receive players at positions of need -- the Lakers could definitely use the services of a talented point guard and the Spurs have a need for big men who can actually play.

So, terrible idea? Interesting idea?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier in the NBA Forum I floated the idea of Parker and Bonner for Pau. The idea would be to bring in another incredibly skilled big man, then use the midlevel to sign one of the FA point guards -- Nash, Andre Miller, etc.

I realize that it's far fetched that such a trade would ever really happen, but it would allow both teams to receive players at positions of need -- the Lakers could definitely use the services of a talented point guard and the Spurs have a need for big men who can actually play.

Interesting. Would be more interesting if they had a capable backup PG and didn't have to rely on wooing a free agent PG to come in and learn the complex Spurs system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HHhhmmmmm... Interesting yes...

Still hesitant about Parker... but Gasol > Bonner FOREVER.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Would be more interesting if they had a capable backup PG and didn't have to rely on wooing a free agent PG to come in and learn the complex Spurs system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've made my peace with Blair potentially being traded. He's an effective role player (hustle, rebounding, paint points), he's young and he's cheap. Given that this draft is deep but not star-studded, I'm willing to bet a team in the first round takes the "known quan y" role player over the unknown.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do Parker + Bonner for Gasol in a heartbeat. Gasol is willing and able to be a minutes sponge and the de facto #1 big man on offense. He even said he wants to play in the low block, so he can do the lion's share of the work there and let Timmy handle the rest. The high-low game between them would be sick, and it could work with either of them as the passer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do Parker + Bonner for Gasol in a heartbeat. Gasol is willing and able to be a minutes sponge and the de facto #1 big man on offense. He even said he wants to play in the low block, so he can do the lion's share of the work there and let Timmy handle the rest. The high-low game between them would be sick, and it could work with either of them as the passer.
    Gasol is a finesse player, and so is Tim Duncan at this point in his career. Spurs can't transition from a pick-n-roll heavy offense to big man high-low and expect to stay contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Gasol deal would be huge. He is still quite young.
    Grab Gasol, sign Stevie Nash via Free Agency and we're set.

Gasol
    Duncan
    Leonard/Jackson
    Ginobili
    Nash

Nasty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Gasol deal would be huge. He is still quite young.
    Grab Gasol, sign Stevie Nash via Free Agency and we're set.

Gasol
    Duncan
    Leonard/Jackson
    Ginobili
    Nash

Nasty
    Nash?

...Nash?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is great, I'd love him to be on the Spurs.

The reality is, is he willing to play for the most hated team in all of Phoenix Suns history?

Thread Information