Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have chris anderson. He blocks shots and gets rebounds. Oh yeah and he throws down some vicious 2 hand dunks. He is a young 30yr old to. Unfortunately, Pop has an image thing, and I dont think Andersen fits in to that. Although his work ethic and what he provides are sorely needed, Pop would most likely go after A. Mcdyess, He is old and fits the spurs image. That will screw us for next season, but for some reason Pop does not like to venture outside of that old man thing. Knowing Pop he'll probably sign him to 10yr deal. I dont know why pop likes the old guys so much. their cool and all but after a while you have to get young blood. The only young guy that has stuck with the spurs is G.Hill and they already tried to involve him in a trade to get that old busted up geezer known as marcus camby.I like camby by the way, but still.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suggested Kaman because he is young and and has an array of big man skills. I really think we need a big man more than a small forward. Tim is getting older and needs more help downlow, not just defensively but offesively as well. Since Kaman is a 7'0 footer then we can go back to the twin towers. and then get an athletic , defensive small forward. I suggested Singleton because he is 6-8 and a good rebounder, that way when pop wants to go small he can put Singleton at the 4, unlike old 6-5 unathletic Udoka. Then Dahntay Jones could be the new younger more athletic bruce bowen. He can't shoot the 3 like bruce, but can drive to the cup and finish with authority unlike Bruce. Losing a 3pt shooter could be in the spurs best interest. They took alot of 3's last season, They made a good percent of them. Thats not why they took so many 3's though. They were very stagnant offensively, Parker would drive or Duncan would draw a double team, then they would kick out to Mason Jr. / Bonner / Finley for 3. Thats part of the reason we lose in the playoffs, they just werent hitting and we didnt have anyone who could really create they're own shot off the dribble and didnt have enough post play. I prefer Kaman because the more points you get on the Block the better, as opposed to Richard Jefferson slashing to the rim and also taking touches from Manu since they are both perimeter players. For instance; say Duncan is out for 3-5 games we have no post player and have to depend on our slashing skills. With Kaman we would still get a low-post scorer even though Tim would be out. and we Wouldnt lose any rebounding cause you can move Singleton to the 4 and He is great rebounder. The more Time he gets the better he rebounds. If you get a chance take a look at his game logs, they are very impressive, His season average HARDLY does him justice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will respectively disagree with basically all of that. We can do a lot better with what we have to offer other teams.

Instead of trading for the injury ridden Kaman I would like to see a strong move made at Richard Jefferson as the Bucks need to cut their contracts and need to find some cash to re-sign Charlie V and Ramon Sessions. According to ESPN trade machine a trade of Bowen, Bonner and Oberto would work. We could probably throw in a future second rounder or something. If the Bucks were looking to purely cut salaries this would be a good deal for them as Bowen and Oberto have partially guaranteed contracts. They would account for $7.5m in a trade but could be bought out for about $3.9m. Bowen I assume would probably come back to us an sign on for the rest of the season for the veterans minimum ($1.1m-ish).

Now, we still have the Mid-Level Exception (roughly $5.8m) to spend, we could offer that to someone like Chris Anderson, Gortat or Trevor Ariza. Most likely offer it to Anderson if we have RJ. Ariza would be awesome though but would most likely require the entire MLE while Anderson might play for $4m.

After these trades it leaves us with:

C: Kurt Thomas, (Chris Anderson/Gortat)
    PF: Tim Duncan, Mahinmi
    SF: Richard Jefferson, Bowen
    SG: Mason Jr., Ginobili
    PG: Parker, Hill

Not only that but I'm sure we could still offer the $1m to Singleton if needed. We would probably need more scoring from the PF/C positions (Gooden?) with the lineup I just proposed but I think we would be well on our way to fixing our problems.
    That is best case senario

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suggested Kaman because he is young and and has an array of big man skills. I really think we need a big man more than a small forward. Tim is getting older and needs more help downlow, not just defensively but offesively as well. Since Kaman is a 7'0 footer then we can go back to the twin towers. and then get an athletic , defensive small forward. I suggested Singleton because he is 6-8 and a good rebounder, that way when pop wants to go small he can put Singleton at the 4, unlike old 6-5 unathletic Udoka. Then Dahntay Jones could be the new younger more athletic bruce bowen. He can't shoot the 3 like bruce, but can drive to the cup and finish with authority unlike Bruce. Losing a 3pt shooter could be in the spurs best interest. They took alot of 3's last season, They made a good percent of them. Thats not why they took so many 3's though. They were very stagnant offensively, Parker would drive or Duncan would draw a double team, then they would kick out to Mason Jr. / Bonner / Finley for 3. Thats part of the reason we lose in the playoffs, they just werent hitting and we didnt have anyone who could really create they're own shot off the dribble and didnt have enough post play. I prefer Kaman because the more points you get on the Block the better, as opposed to Richard Jefferson slashing to the rim and also taking touches from Manu since they are both perimeter players. For instance; say Duncan is out for 3-5 games we have no post player and have to depend on our slashing skills. With Kaman we would still get a low-post scorer even though Tim would be out. and we Wouldnt lose any rebounding cause you can move Singleton to the 4 and He is great rebounder. The more Time he gets the better he rebounds. If you get a chance take a look at his game logs, they are very impressive, His season average HARDLY does him justice.
    kaman sucks and has for two season pop needs to take his head out of his ass and go for anderson

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need young talent wit sum years under there belt thabo,carney, and the back up center for the magic will do

That is best case senario

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blockbuster deal with g.s. : we send them all our expiring contracts including the "manageble ones" (Oberto + Bowen)

Mason - Oberto -Bowen -Finley - Bonner for Maggette - Turiaf - Randolph

Then they cut Bowen, Finley and Oberto ... we re-sign Bowen (and in case Finley)

MLE : Gortat

37th ch. : a play maker (Jarrells?)

Then sign our players of nbdl or overseas (Gist and M. Williams or Hairston or both in case we don't re-sign Finley)

Parker - Maggette - Ginobili - Duncan - Gortat
    Hill - Finley (Hairston) - Bowen - Randolph - Turiaf
    Jerrels - Hairston (M. Williams) - Gist - Mahinmi - Thomas

Why G.S. do that :
    They want to get rid of Maggette and Randolph
    They receive all expiring contracts
    They need to re-build and they need to play the "young guns" for a season (Morrow, Bellinelli, Wright, their 7th choice this year) for creating a good mixage with the veterans thay choose (Jackson, Biedrins, Ellis...in case Crowford) eliminating all the players that can be distractions (Maggette, Randolph).
    They receive a good player that is a good teammate (Mason) for a good player (Turiaf)

Why S.A. do that : They need talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would gsw trade away there serviceable big men for a scrub in oberto, then they are only left with 1 big left....discluding oberto since he be bought out

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even think that trade makes us much better. No way I want Maggette on our team, the guy doesn't realize a pass is a legal basketball move... Not to mention he is WAY overpaid and his contract is very long.

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The official noob proposal trades.
    For those who dream of Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Parker and Howard team go here.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw another Parker trade on RealGM with the Clips/Minny involved. I will post it here and see what you guys think. I will try to edit it to make the deal more balanced.

Clippers trade Baron Davis for Fabricio Oberto + Kurt Thomas + Matt Bonner and 2011 1st round pick from SA (top 20 protected).

Minnesota trades Kevin Love + Mike Miller + Craig Smith + 2009 6th overall draft pick for Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter (stupid I know)

San Antonio trades Matt Bonner + 2011 1st round pick (top 20 protected) + Tiago Splitter + Tony Parker + Kurt Thomas + Fabricio Oberto for Baron Davis + Mike Miller + Craig Smoth + Kevin Love + 6th overall draft pick.

I think we should give them Mahinmi instead and keep the draft pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw another Parker trade on RealGM with the Clips/Minny involved. I will post it here and see what you guys think. I will try to edit it to make the deal more balanced.

Clippers trade Baron Davis for Fabricio Oberto + Kurt Thomas + Matt Bonner and 2011 1st round pick from SA (top 20 protected).

Minnesota trades Kevin Love + Mike Miller + Craig Smith + 2009 6th overall draft pick for Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter (stupid I know)

San Antonio trades Matt Bonner + 2011 1st round pick (top 20 protected) + Tiago Splitter + Tony Parker + Kurt Thomas + Fabricio Oberto for Baron Davis + Mike Miller + Craig Smoth + Kevin Love + 6th overall draft pick.

I think we should give them Mahinmi instead and keep the draft pick.
    Um, no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, if the Spurs trade Parker they are toast unless they get an absolute super star in return which is not happening.

I mean that with regard to winning a le in the next few years. If the Spurs say lets rebuild, then maybe you can explore a reasonable package.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So here's my take:

Assuming that Ginobili is healthy all next season (it's a big if, and thank God there are no Olympics this year), our weaknesses are obviously at small forward and center. We also desperately need to get younger.

However much I hate the Lakers, I gotta say, Trevor Ariza never fails to impress me. His defensive tenacity, quickness, vertical and basketball IQ are impressive and as he's shown in the playoffs he can hit that open 3 so opponents won't be able to leave him to double team. With Bowen getting older and slower, acquiring the 23 year-old Ariza in free agency this summer would be a perfect replacement.

As for the 25 year-old Marcin Gortat, as mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he's a legit 7 footer that has performed nicely as Dwight Howard's backup. He's a very good rebounder and during the playoffs he's 8th among all centers according to John Hollinger's PER. There's been questions on this board as to why Gortat doesn't play along side Howard and as far as I can tell, the main reason is because SVG likes to spread the floor with Lewis at the 4 (along with Lewis being a questionable perimeter defender when he plays the 3).

So if there's any way we can pull this off, we'd have:

PG: Parker & Hill
    SG: Ginobli & Mason
    SF: Ariza & ? (Bowen/Finley/Udoka)
    PF: Duncan & Bonner
    C: Gortat & ? (Oberto/Thomas)

Not really sure if we can pull this off financially, but this sounds like a solid team to me. We would still need to get younger and I'd still like some more depth and size at center, but Hill and Mason were more than capable backups. Bonner is a fine option coming off the bench to spread the floor at the 4, Euro-ball style.

It's likely that Gortat will be available, since he'll be looking to start next season. I'd guess Ariza will be the kink in this scenario, since I'm guessing the Lakers would resign him before Odom--less money, less drama and more consistency.

So that's what I got. Whatcha think?

Go Spurs Go!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, this isnt a totally serious proposal, but i was bored and figured id do something i dont do very often: play around with the trade checker. does this make any sense for the teams involved, or is it too far off base?

san antonio trades: manu + bowen + oberto
    san antonio receives: jefferson + pecherov + elson + mcguire/crittenton + #5

why for san antonio: theres a good bit of negative here (losing manu, no big moves come 2010), but there is also a lot of good. jefferson can replace a lot of the production of manu, plus they net a decent lotto pick (id love for harden to slip, but hill wouldnt be the worst here either). our team still looks to be able to compete in the short-term, while netting us a good piece to help out in the future as well.

washington trades: james + pecherov + mcguire/crittenton + #5
    washington receives: manu

why for washington: they accomplish what they have been apparently trying to do, which is move out of the #5 spot and acquire some veteran help. and while its a bit risky, i think its decent value. i dont know how greatly the wiz value mcguire, but one of him or critt has to be included in the deal to make the money end work.

milwaukee trades: jefferson + elson (picks up his PO)
    milwaukee receives: james + bowen + oberto

why for milwaukee: they move jeffersons contract (which they seem to have been trying to do), all while trimming their books of almost 6 mil in salary, helping to free up a bit more room to resign CV and sessions.

i thought about finding a 4th team to possibly take on pech or critt for nothing (got tired). someone with a large enough TPE or some cap space could absorb one of those contracts and the spurs could send some cash their way for the trouble (along with a 2nd pick maybe). that could possibly help the spurs a bit with the tax issue. still doesnt leave enough room to do anything with our MLE though.

so is this too far off base?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why for washington: they accomplish what they have been apparently trying to do, which is move out of the #5 spot and acquire some veteran help.

still doesnt leave enough room to do anything with our MLE though.

Scenarios built around Jefferson for Manu plus Oberto or Bowen fall well within the realm of trades which could happen and have obvious benefits for both teams.

Trying to spin Washington and the #5 pick into the deal is where the scenario ventures towards fantasy. The bolded quote is based on a throwaway line in some guy's blog and probably has no basis in fact. Why does a team with three highly paid veteran all-stars want to give up the #5 pick to get another veteran? Especially a veteran at a position that is already well manned on the team. I can see Washington moving the #5 pick as part of deal to get rid of Jamison's contract and get a veteran forward on a smaller deal in return. But trading small and expiring contracts to get back a SG on an expiring contract seems like very poor value for the #5 pick.

And as you noted about the MLE, if the Spurs trade the Bowen/Oberto contracts then they cannot use the MLE without going well over the luxury tax. Those two contracts are the best pieces to use in a deal for a player being salary dumped. They are also the best pieces, once they are cut, to clear enough space to use the MLE. But they can't be used for both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, this isnt a totally serious proposal, but i was bored and figured id do something i dont do very often: play around with the trade checker. does this make any sense for the teams involved, or is it too far off base?

san antonio trades: manu + bowen + oberto
    san antonio receives: jefferson + pecherov + elson + mcguire/crittenton + #5

why for san antonio: theres a good bit of negative here (losing manu, no big moves come 2010), but there is also a lot of good. jefferson can replace a lot of the production of manu, plus they net a decent lotto pick (id love for harden to slip, but hill wouldnt be the worst here either). our team still looks to be able to compete in the short-term, while netting us a good piece to help out in the future as well.

washington trades: james + pecherov + mcguire/crittenton + #5
    washington receives: manu

why for washington: they accomplish what they have been apparently trying to do, which is move out of the #5 spot and acquire some veteran help. and while its a bit risky, i think its decent value. i dont know how greatly the wiz value mcguire, but one of him or critt has to be included in the deal to make the money end work.

milwaukee trades: jefferson + elson (picks up his PO)
    milwaukee receives: james + bowen + oberto

why for milwaukee: they move jeffersons contract (which they seem to have been trying to do), all while trimming their books of almost 6 mil in salary, helping to free up a bit more room to resign CV and sessions.

i thought about finding a 4th team to possibly take on pech or critt for nothing (got tired). someone with a large enough TPE or some cap space could absorb one of those contracts and the spurs could send some cash their way for the trouble (along with a 2nd pick maybe). that could possibly help the spurs a bit with the tax issue. still doesnt leave enough room to do anything with our MLE though.

No .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Contracts:

Tim Duncan, forward
    Contract status: Three years, $62.1 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $22,183,218
    Future: Will remain an All-Star for as long as his knees will allow.

Tony Parker, guard
    Contract status: Two years, $26.1 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $12,600,000
    Future: Coming off the best season of his career. Indicator arrow pointing up, so long as he survives the summer injury free.

Manu Ginobili, guard
    Contract status: One year, $10.7 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $10,725,000
    Future: Injured almost from start to finish this season. Will have to prove his health before Spurs commit to extension.

Bruce Bowen, guard/forward
    Contract status: One year, $4 million remaining (partially guaranteed).
    09/10 Salary: $4,000,000
    Future: In rotation, then out, then back in again, Bowen enjoyed revitalization during playoffs. Expiring contract makes for nice trading chip, either this summer or next season.

Matt Bonner, center/forward
    Contract status: One year, $3.2 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $3,200,000
    Future: Set to return next season, but manageable contract could find him on trade market.

Michael Finley, forward/guard
    Contract status: One year, $2.5 million remaining (player option)
    09/10 Salary: $2,500,000
    Future: Has the option to return next season, but remains non-committal. Hard to see him passing up free money.

Roger Mason Jr., guard
    Contract status: One year, $3.8 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $3,800,000
    Future: Cooled after strong first half, but still very much in Spurs’ plans. Will become more valuable as he becomes more comfortable at the point.

Drew Gooden, forward/center
    Contract status: Free agent
    09/10 Salary: N/A
    Future: Spurs were pleased with his progress after late-season arrival, but DNP-CD in last game of the playoffs is troubling. Could be back, depending on offers he receives elsewhere.

Kurt Thomas, center/forward
    Contract status: One year, $3.8 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $3,800,000
    Future: Spurs like him for what he’s asked to provide. Like Bowen and Bonner, has an expiring contract that could be dealt easily.

Ime Udoka, forward/guard
    Future: For second year in a row, emerged as a dependable rotation piece late in the season. Return likely hinges on value of other offers.

George Hill, guard
    Contract status: Three years, $3.2 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $1,081,680
    Future: After solid rookie season, earned the trust of coaches in Games 4 and 5 of playoffs. Will see more time once he learns to be a point guard.

Fabricio Oberto, center/forward
    Contract status: One year, $3.5 million remaining (partially guaranteed).
    09/10 Salary: $3,500,000
    Future: Fell completely out of rotation after returning from third bout of heart arrhythmia. Spurs could cut him loose for $1.9 million.

Jacque Vaughn, guard
    Future: Appeared in just 30 games, and would see even less time if Hill continues to emerge. Return doesn’t appear likely.

Ian Mahinmi, center
    Contract status: Two years, $2.6 million remaining
    09/10 Salary: $1,079,640
    Future: Injury-plagued season was a disappointment for Spurs coaches, who still don’t know what they have in Mahinmi. Team has already picked up his option for next season, and he’ll play in summer league.

Marcus Williams, guard
    Future: A D-League player for now. Could come to camp with Spurs next season, or could generate greater interest elsewhere.

Unsigned Draft Picks

C: Robertas Javtokas, 2001 NBA Draft - 56th pick
    C: Sergei Karaulov, 2004 NBA Draft - 58th pick
    SF: Viktor Sanikidze, 2004 NBA Draft - 42nd pick
    PF: Tiago Splitter, 2007 NBA Draft - 28th pick

Sorry if anything is incorrect.

crap, i just made a spreadsheet to post here but i did last seasons salaries. i forgot to look on mysa.com for these updated #s

well, here's the link

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...mA&output=html

i can make a new one with your #s. but i did this to help the think tank. since many people have been coming up with trades(some are realistic for both/all teams, some are well intended but not practical, and some are just pure fantasy) i think a spreadsheet showing the positions to fill and the salaries to match the cap/tax threshold will help put things into perspective for the brainstorming.

i didin't set it to accept updates, otherwise i'd lose all my data, but hopefully people can copy this(or insert these 2010 updated salaries) and then fill in 2-4 columns of an updated 2010 roster. this way we you could see that a lineup of duncan, ian, (possibly the greek), turiaf, randolph wouldn't work cause these players would never get the minutes they'd need to get a rhythm or simply not get the minutes they'd want. the 15 man roster is essentially a guideline to have 3 players for each position. 3 point guards, 3 shooting guards, etc.

try this out. i'll even try to make an example and post it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crap, i just made a spreadsheet to post here but i did last seasons salaries. i forgot to look on mysa.com for these updated #s

well, here's the link

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...mA&output=html

i can make a new one with your #s. but i did this to help the think tank. since many people have been coming up with trades(some are realistic for both/all teams, some are well intended but not practical, and some are just pure fantasy) i think a spreadsheet showing the positions to fill and the salaries to match the cap/tax threshold will help put things into perspective for the brainstorming.

i didin't set it to accept updates, otherwise i'd lose all my data, but hopefully people can copy this(or insert these 2010 updated salaries) and then fill in 2-4 columns of an updated 2010 roster. this way we you could see that a lineup of duncan, ian, (possibly the greek), turiaf, randolph wouldn't work cause these players would never get the minutes they'd need to get a rhythm or simply not get the minutes they'd want. the 15 man roster is essentially a guideline to have 3 players for each position. 3 point guards, 3 shooting guards, etc.

try this out. i'll even try to make an example and post it.

ok, i added a second sheet on the link. at the bottom of the page look at 'sample attempt 1'

it has a projected 2010 roster.
    it's got:
    -ariza as starting 3. i'm assuming we sign him at MLE or some kinda decent contract that lakers can't match.
    -bowen stays
    -finley opts in
    -mahinmi starts

-oberto is gone(trade,buy out?)
    -vaughn and udoka are not resigned
    -marcus williams gets bounced between the toros and some playing time
    -we bring back hairston and mensah-bonsu
    -sign gooden to a deal similar to mason's from last summer
    -kurt thomas is the new kevin willis

i don't expect this to actually happen, it looks like the salaries go over the tax threshold, but it's an example of how to get things to add up rosterwise and capwise. i brought the 'rookies' williams, hairston, mensah bonsu. all had shown promise and they also mean small contracts.

hopefully we can get some creative lineups that improve the 3 and 5 spots while getting the payroll somewhere in the FO style.

ask yourself do you want gooden back for how much? how many minutes shoulld he play? is there another 4 floating around that we can sign? or someone we can trade for? somebody try the camby trade and how many roster spots we have to fill to get it going. or try signing splitter to a GIGANTIC deal that will compensate him directly(not in violation of the nba rules) for the buying out of his european deal)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will respectively disagree with basically all of that. We can do a lot better with what we have to offer other teams.

Instead of trading for the injury ridden Kaman I would like to see a strong move made at Richard Jefferson as the Bucks need to cut their contracts and need to find some cash to re-sign Charlie V and Ramon Sessions. According to ESPN trade machine a trade of Bowen, Bonner and Oberto would work. We could probably throw in a future second rounder or something. If the Bucks were looking to purely cut salaries this would be a good deal for them as Bowen and Oberto have partially guaranteed contracts. They would account for $7.5m in a trade but could be bought out for about $3.9m. Bowen I assume would probably come back to us an sign on for the rest of the season for the veterans minimum ($1.1m-ish).

Now, we still have the Mid-Level Exception (roughly $5.8m) to spend, we could offer that to someone like Chris Anderson, Gortat or Trevor Ariza. Most likely offer it to Anderson if we have RJ. Ariza would be awesome though but would most likely require the entire MLE while Anderson might play for $4m.

Not only that but I'm sure we could still offer the $1m to Singleton if needed. We would probably need more scoring from the PF/C positions (Gooden?) with the lineup I just proposed but I think we would be well on our way to fixing our problems.
    I like this idea out of all of the ones I've seen so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this kid has 1 year on his contract (help me out Bruno):
    Sasha Pavlovic
    25 years old
    6'8 215 sg/sf

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that guard Sasha Pavlovic is not likely to be back with the Cavaliers next season.

This kid has the skill and size to be a very good NBA player. Not sure if he has the drive or the practice habits though. Very interesting player though cause he can score and play pretty good D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this kid has 1 year on his contract (help me out Bruno):
    Sasha Pavlovic
    25 years old
    6'8 215 sg/sf

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that guard Sasha Pavlovic is not likely to be back with the Cavaliers next season.

This kid has the skill and size to be a very good NBA player. Not sure if he has the drive or the practice habits though. Very interesting player though cause he can score and play pretty good D.
    Pavlovic's contract for next year is only $1.5M guaranteed for a total salary of $4.75M.
    They can/will waive him to save some money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring in Bob Horry to coach the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should try to get Jerrels he is the type of guy we need quick he can shoot! and he can dribble! the best thing for us!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm bored with this extra day off from the finals, don't judge me

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=mxyejq

o 83 - (-1) regular season

Also:

I think this is the best idea I've seen here, but it seems like a pipedream, no?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to the three people that said they liked my scenario as one of the better ones in this thread. It may or may not be possible, I was just trying to make the point that the Spurs trade assets can be better used then on Marcus Camby as most people were suggesting to do. Trading for Camby and then trying to get Ariza with the full MLE (roughly 5 years $30m) would be okay, but I don't think there is a HUGE difference in Camby, Gortat and Anderson except in the price. Gortat and Anderson would probably play for less then the mid-level exception, maybe a deal around 3-4 years $13m for 3 years or 17m for 4. We then have our most valuable assets, the partially guaranteed contracts still to use. My scenarion may not be possible, but it could be?

Thread Information