Page 88 of 143 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3559
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for this thread to go dormant again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for this thread to go dormant again.
    Yeah, it was a good run. We'll get back into it as teams get eliminated in the playoffs. Bonner's deal is still on the books, so a draft-night trade remains my pet pipe dream.

The best thing about all this is that there will be no more trade-machine threads on the main board for some time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Celtics could decide to refound.
    In this case they'll try to trade Pierce and Garnett, possibly for salary cap exceptions.
    Considering that next year we'll start the season well under the cap, any chance we could absorb kg salary? we are maybe the only truly contender team with such chance...
    I know he's not best friend with td and that his salary commands 12 millions for next year, but it's also true that he still has shown he still has enough game to be still considered one of the top nba bigs in a limited amount of time, and that we are the best team for giving him exactly the amoun t of minutes he needs to be productive without losing his energies...(and, more than all, he and td are a two big threat made in heaven).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Celtics could decide to refound.
    In this case they'll try to trade Pierce and Garnett, possibly for salary cap exceptions.
    Considering that next year we'll start the season well under the cap, any chance we could absorb kg salary? we are maybe the only truly contender team with such chance...
    I know he's not best friend with td and that his salary commands 12 millions for next year, but it's also true that he still has shown he still has enough game to be still considered one of the top nba bigs in a limited amount of time, and that we are the best team for giving him exactly the amoun t of minutes he needs to be productive without losing his energies...(and, more than all, he and td are a two big threat made in heaven).
    KG is broken. He's done. He could barely answer the bell for Boston this year, which is why they are rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG and Pierce will likely retire in Boston. If they do get traded, it will be for young pieces and picks which the Spurs don't have.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Danny Green and the 28th pick to move way up in the draft.

i am not sold on Danny Green. He showed his true colors when the trophy was there for the taking. That and the fact that we have a starting 2 and 3 neither of whom is really very good at dribble penetration. This puts an insane amount of pressure on Tony and Manu to be our only two guys who can dribble penetrate. And since Manu has seemingly lost what little common sense and muscular control he ever had, we really only have one trustable dribbler. That's just not enough.

since Kawhi is here to stay... And Danny is ball less when it matters....... Danny's gotta go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Damn, we've found Paranoid Pop's successor, everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Danny Green and the 28th pick to move way up in the draft.

i am not sold on Danny Green. He showed his true colors when the trophy was there for the taking. That and the fact that we have a starting 2 and 3 neither of whom is really very good at dribble penetration. This puts an insane amount of pressure on Tony and Manu to be our only two guys who can dribble penetrate. And since Manu has seemingly lost what little common sense and muscular control he ever had, we really only have one trustable dribbler. That's just not enough.

since Kawhi is here to stay... And Danny is ball less when it matters....... Danny's gotta go
    i dont know if i trust cojo and decolo. but they seem capable. i'm not down with trade danny talk. i think he's proved his worth, just as well as splitter. trading up for a ball handler and loosing green... that'd be pretty steep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Damn, we've found Paranoid Pop's successor, everyone.
    +1

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets hope the Spurs dont "lose" players and trade them before that happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green doesn't have the heart/competivness; trade now why his value is highest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Rivers going to the Clippers, the league not allowing Garnett (who supposedly wants to play one more season) to join him, Pierce highly likely to be traded by the end of the month and the Celtics clearly beginning a re-build, or at the very least, a re-load, if I'm the Spurs, I call up the Celtics and offer Diaw (after he inevitably opts in . . . Bonner wouldn't work, because they have to make a decision on him the day before their cap space comes into effect) and a future 1st for Garnett.

I realize it's probably a long shot to convince him to waive his no trade, but it's worth a shot. They can have Pop and Duncan (I think he'd be on board) sell him on taking 1-2 final shots at a championship, potentially having another crack at the hated Heat and being able to go back to playing his natural position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Rivers going to the Clippers, the league not allowing Garnett (who supposedly wants to play one more season) to join him, Pierce highly likely to be traded by the end of the month and the Celtics clearly beginning a re-build, or at the very least, a re-load, if I'm the Spurs, I call up the Celtics and offer Diaw (after he inevitably opts in . . . Bonner wouldn't work, because they have to make a decision on him the day before their cap space comes into effect) and a future 1st for Garnett.

I realize it's probably a long shot to convince him to waive his no trade, but it's worth a shot. They can have Pop and Duncan (I think he'd be on board) sell him on taking 1-2 final shots at a championship, potentially having another crack at the hated Heat and being able to go back to playing his natural position.
    Why not a sign-and-trade with Splitter? It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep him instead of Diaw. Or the Spurs can just offer Diaw and Bonner on draft night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not a sign-and-trade with Splitter? It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep him instead of Diaw. Or the Spurs can just offer Diaw and Bonner on draft night.
    Because it's not necessary to give up an asset of that caliber (and how doesn't it make sense to keep him instead of Diaw?). Let's say he's talked into the Spurs and will only waive his no trade for them. The Celtics can either get another future 1st, shed more salary and do right by a guy who helped to restore their brand, or they can do none of those things and have him end his career playing for an irrelevant team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's not necessary to give up an asset of that caliber (and how doesn't it make sense to keep him instead of Diaw?). Let's say he's talked into the Spurs and will only waive his no trade for them. The Celtics can either get another future 1st, shed more salary and do right by a guy who helped to restore their brand, or they can do none of those things and have him end his career playing for an irrelevant team.
    One reason it's not good to have Duncan, Splitter and Garnet is because of the salary that's locked up among the three of them. Also, getting rid of Diaw takes away a lot of spacing and mobility. Also, Splitter would probably be appealing enough to them to make the deal. The team isn't that desperate to get compensation, seeing as they turned down Jordan for him. They also don't have to worry that much about him costing them money and impeding their rebuilding, since Garnet said he'd retire if Doc and Pierce leave.

But all that notwithstanding, Bonner and Diaw plus a first would work for salaries, and doing that during the draft would probably be better than doing a Diaw and first for him in the off-season.
    Last edited by Chinook; 06-24-2013 at 12:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris is much better than Tiago ffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Parker for Garnett 2. Manu for Varejao & Tristan Thompson 3. Splitter and BonBon for a half descent PG who is on the market

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance we could trade for LaMarcus Aldridge? If so. what would we have to give up, and 2, how much salary would we need to take back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Parker for Garnett 2. Manu for Varejao & Tristan Thompson 3. Splitter and BonBon for a half descent PG who is on the market
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance we could trade for LaMarcus Aldridge? If so. what would we have to give up, and 2, how much salary would we need to take back?
    Portland did try to move him at the deadline. I imagine it would take something like Splitter and Green/Neal+picks. If the Spurs trade for him using Splitter, they should be able to take Aldridge back without having to send back any more salary, provided Ginobili agrees to a new deal beforehand.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One reason it's not good to have Duncan, Splitter and Garnet is because of the salary that's locked up among the three of them.
    It would only be for 1-2 seasons . . . and who cares? They'd have the best big rotation in the league.

Also, getting rid of Diaw takes away a lot of spacing and mobility.
    Diaw is left unguarded at the 3-point line most of the time and Garnett is a far better mid range shooter. Stretch fours are useful, no question, but they're not must haves. The majority of the best teams in the league don't have one. As far as mobility, obviously Garnett isn't as swift as he once was, but he's not a plodder either.

Also, Splitter would probably be appealing enough to them to make the deal. The team isn't that desperate to get compensation, seeing as they turned down Jordan for him. They also don't have to worry that much about him costing them money and impeding their rebuilding, since Garnet said he'd retire if Doc and Pierce leave.
    With Rivers gone and Pierce on the way out, I'd imagine they'll be a discussion or whether or not Garnett wants a trade to a team of his choosing or not, since he apparently wants to play one more season. Presuming he picked the Spurs or the Spurs talked him into it, they would take what they can get.

But all that notwithstanding, Bonner and Diaw plus a first would work for salaries, and doing that during the draft would probably be better than doing a Diaw and first for him in the off-season.
    Fair enough. I don't disagree with you; ideally, it would be nice to salvage one of Diaw or Bonner, since the top three bigs would be C's (I still consider Garnett more of a PF, but he's obviously C-sized) and lack three-point range. But if that was what it took to make this happen, I'd do it in the blink of an eye. It's a lot easier to replace them than it is to find a Garnett.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want L.A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Splitter and Green for Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Splitter and Green for Aldridge.
    Im sure you and a million other spurs fan would do that in a heartbeat. Fun to dream though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure you and a million other spurs fan would do that in a heartbeat. Fun to dream though...
    I don't think it's that far-fetched. The way the Blazers supposedly shopped him last season, I'd say the chances of him getting moved are pretty good if the team can get back a legitimate big on a smaller deal. Splitter would qualify, and if it weren't the Spurs, Tiago and picks would probably be enough. But Portland would probably demand another guard from the team.

Thread Information