Page 89 of 143 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would only be for 1-2 seasons . . . and who cares? They'd have the best big rotation in the league.
    I could see it, but I don't know. That's about half the cap locked up in three players who will never all see the floor together. I think the rotation could work, so long as Garnett is still able to guard the PnR. Don't underestimate the benefit of Diaw's mobility. He was great at guarding on switches in the Golden State series.

With Rivers gone and Pierce on the way out, I'd imagine they'll be a discussion or whether or not Garnett wants a trade to a team of his choosing or not, since he apparently wants to play one more season. Presuming he picked the Spurs or the Spurs talked him into it, they would take what they can get.
    True, but if Garnett retires at forgoes his entire salary (like Kidd did, although that's rare), then the Celtics may think it better to just let him go and save money rather than taking on another pick and paying $5 Million. It could really depend on if they like whomever falls to the Spurs' pick.

But all that notwithstanding, Bonner and Diaw plus a first would work for salaries, and doing that during the draft would probably be better than doing a Diaw and first for him in the off-season.
    Funnily enough, I was wrong. Garnett makes about a million more than I thought he did, and that makes his contract to big to match with Diaw and Bonner. If Bonner agrees to extend his deadline like some have suggested, then that would allow a Diaw and Bonner for Garnett deal to happen when the trade rules reset. While that might not seem worth it, since the Spurs will have cap space by that time anyway, it would allow the team to use cap space, THEN make the trade. So I'd prefer that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see it, but I don't know. That's about half the cap locked up in three players who will never all see the floor together. I think the rotation could work, so long as Garnett is still able to guard the PnR. Don't underestimate the benefit of Diaw's mobility. He was great at guarding on switches in the Golden State series.
    Of course it would work. You're over thinking this . . . and yes, Garnett can still defend the pick-and-roll.

True, but if Garnett retires at forgoes his entire salary (like Kidd did, although that's rare), then the Celtics may think it better to just let him go and save money rather than taking on another pick and paying $5 Million. It could really depend on if they like whomever falls to the Spurs' pick.
    According to Wojnarowski, he wants to play one more season.

Funnily enough, I was wrong. Garnett makes about a million more than I thought he did, and that makes his contract to big to match with Diaw and Bonner. If Bonner agrees to extend his deadline like some have suggested, then that would allow a Diaw and Bonner for Garnett deal to happen when the trade rules reset. While that might not seem worth it, since the Spurs will have cap space by that time anyway, it would allow the team to use cap space, THEN make the trade. So I'd prefer that.
    If Bonner would agree to extend his contract past the deadline, then they could offer him, along with the 1st and keep Diaw. If Bonner wouldn't agree (hard to imagine, since it is essentially home), then just replace him with Diaw and retain him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it would work. You're over thinking this . . . and yes, Garnett can still defend the pick-and-roll.

According to Wojnarowski, he wants to play one more season.

If Bonner would agree to extend his contract past the deadline, then they could offer him, along with the 1st and keep Diaw. If Bonner wouldn't agree (hard to imagine, since it is essentially home), then just replace him with Diaw and retain him.
    Keeping Bonner takes away about $3 Million of the estimated cap space the team has. Keeping him and Splitter means that Ginobili HAS to take the room exception have the space to get Garnett. It's pretty unlikely that the team will have the space for Garnett unless Bonner's off the team in some fashion. If they waive him, then they can just trade Diaw for KG, but they'd lose their cap space. If they keep him to trade to Boston along with Diaw, then not only would the team have space to absorb Garnett's salary, but they would also be able to use that space on another player and STILL make the trade.

More importantly, keeping Bonner will almost certainly mean the team is choosing to stay over the cap this summer, which means they'll have to match salaries on any trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Bonner takes away about $3 Million of the estimated cap space the team has. Keeping him and Splitter means that Ginobili HAS to take the room exception have the space to get Garnett. It's pretty unlikely that the team will have the space for Garnett unless Bonner's off the team in some fashion. If they waive him, then they can just trade Diaw for KG, but they'd lose their cap space. If they keep him to trade to Boston along with Diaw, then not only would the team have space to absorb Garnett's salary, but they would also be able to use that space on another player and STILL make the trade.

More importantly, keeping Bonner will almost certainly mean the team is choosing to stay over the cap this summer, which means they'll have to match salaries on any trade.
    Fair enough. Like I said, I'd like to keep one, especially Diaw, but if both have to go, so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Bruno , can we get an Aldridge trade thread? He was rumored to be on the move before the deadline, so I think it'd be relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont get why would the Blazers trade Aldridge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont get why would the Blazers trade Aldridge?
    They think he's too injury prone and is already on the old side for their youth movement. He's also getting paid $15 Million+ the next two seasons, and his production doesn't really match is pay.

That all being said, he's a tremendous offensive big who can play both positions. He's also young enough to have a good seven or so years in the league. But he's not really a building block anymore. In a vacuum, I'd take Evans over him, but LA is a better big than Millsap, and if the Spurs were going to lose Tiago anyway, they may as well get back an All-Star big for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope the Blazers are this dumb and desperate for a salary dump. Manu needs to play for the love of the game (not money) or retire. That means the cap exception unless we happen to have more $.

Someone figure out how we can have money to sign a replacement two guard should Green be required in this deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think Tiago will get a deal starting at 10m a year. Between Atlanta, Dallas, and Portland teams will offer him north of 9m to ward off the Spurs and the spurs may be afraid to match. I'm starting to think a sign and trade may be the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think Tiago will get a deal starting at 10m a year. Between Atlanta, Dallas, and Portland teams will offer him north of 9m to ward off the Spurs and the spurs may be afraid to match. I'm starting to think a sign and trade may be the way to go.
    Splitter will get at least $10 million just because hes a legit two way 7 footer in a league with too few of them left. Look what Asik got last summer and he is pretty much considered a defensive big. Chances are a sign and trade is going to make the most sense or the Spurs are going to have to overpay him.

That being said, I don't really know who they could sign and trade him for given most teams that are going to be trading for him won't have any big the Spurs want back, and they don't really need any help on the wings unless they are planning to change things up quite a bit. I understand where Chinook is coming given this past trade deadline and suggesting the S&T with Alridge but I don't see it. It just doesn't make sense to go after Pek or Splitter given they are both roughly the same age as Alridge (Pek is a year younger) and then turn around and trade him, especially when both would allow him to be a full-time 4 and operate more on the perimeter which he supposedly prefers to working on the block.

Mind you they could be thinking next season is the one to tank and get a high pick to pair with Lillard, but then why try to sign Splitter/Pek?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not give Splitter 10M/yr. If we are willing to give him that and over pay for him then we might as well go overpay one of the other marquee FA's.

For the record, I don't think Splitter will sign for that much. I think he likes the bein a Spur and will agree on a reasonable contract around 7M/yr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sacramento Kings are looking to acquire a second first-round pick and are using guard Jimmer Fredette as bait. Sources say the Kings have reached out to a number of teams in the mid-to-late first round in an attempt to secure another pick. Both the Indiana Pacers and Utah Jazz are potential destinations for Jimmer. Kings coach Mike Malone is enamored with both Tim Hardaway Jr. and Tony Snell, but the Kings feel that they can get them much lower in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freddette and 36 for Bonner and 28? Not my first preference, but that could be a fair deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer is pretty interesting. He's shot the ball well (one thing that usually translates well) but he's been as bad as advertised defensively for Sacramento. Still hard to take his time there into account too much though. Can't be easy playing there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't be a bad Neal replacement. He doesn't assist well enough to be an actual point-guard, but he shoots lights out. I'd take him over Re , but that's not saying much for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be funny to have Jimmer and Kawhi on the same team. I like the idea.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Splitter and Green for Aldridge.
    I wouldnt trade Green, at $4m for the next 2 years I will keep him. He is a starter, defends well and can score.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana is shopping Gerald Green + 23th pick.

Spurs have cap space, and need a backup 3. Could be a good way to fill à void and jump in the draft ?
    If I remember well, he is related to Dany No ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, can you make a thread for Free Agent Target J.R Smith? Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana is shopping Gerald Green + 23th pick.

Spurs have cap space, and need a backup 3. Could be a good way to fill à void and jump in the draft ?
    If I remember well, he is related to Dany No ?

link? I would jump on that deal in seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, can you make a thread for Free Agent Target J.R Smith? Thanks.
    There is still one. You can find it easily by using the sticky index threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is still one. You can find it easily by using the sticky index threads.
    Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
    Source confirms talks between L.A. and ORL are Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler for Arron Afflalo, Andrew Nicholson and possibly a future pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m
    If you missed it, Cleveland offered the top pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to Minnesota for Kevin Love: http://tinyurl.com/q7hmbwd
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Wow. This is like video game style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. This is like video game style.

indeed something I would've came up with.

Thread Information