My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Justice he could fit in with our new look for sure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Timberwolves eventually trade Butler to the Heat, the one piece virtually guaranteed to be part of the return, is Winslow.

A team already short on wings, in a league prioritizing them (outside of the Spurs), isn't giving that up for positionally redundant, overpriced veterans, like Gasol and Mills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Timberwolves eventually trade Butler to the Heat, the one piece virtually guaranteed to be part of the return, is Winslow.

A team already short on wings, in a league prioritizing them (outside of the Spurs), isn't giving that up for positionally redundant, overpriced veterans, like Gasol and Mills.
    You're giving Thibs to much credit..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ i agree re Thibbs. Anyway, for the Wolves the prize is Dragic not Winslow. Problem is they’re rumored to be looking to move Teague to a third team like Phoenix. If Teague goes back in the Miami deal, though, I’d keep an eye on Winslow’s availability for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this Walker injury news, his timeline probably gets pushed back a season and he until proven otherwise, he can't be counted on health wise.

Spurs need to be proactive in finding a credible, stopgap 3 and D wing, as opposed to waiting and hoping Carroll and Ariza get bought out post deadline.

On January 15th (first day Forbes can be traded), they should offer Gasol, Forbes and a 2nd for Bazemore . . .

The Hawks would save nearly $10M for '19-'20, plus whatever Gasol would be willing to give back for the remainder of '18-'19 in a buyout. This would give them another pick to add to their war chest, plus even more cap space to serve as a dumping ground for dead money, as they continue to stockpile picks.

The Spurs would add nearly $10M for '19-'20, but I look at it like this: That's about $1M above what the starting salary will be for the MLE next season and they'd otherwise need to utilize it on a 3 and D wing anyway. This would just expedite the process and balance the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this Walker injury news, his timeline probably gets pushed back a season and he until proven otherwise, he can't be counted on health wise.

Spurs need to be proactive in finding a credible, stopgap 3 and D wing, as opposed to waiting and hoping Carroll and Ariza get bought out post deadline.

On January 15th (first day Forbes can be traded), they should offer Gasol, Forbes and a 2nd for Bazemore . . .

The Hawks would save nearly $10M for '19-'20, plus whatever Gasol would be willing to give back for the remainder of '18-'19 in a buyout. This would give them another pick to add to their war chest, plus even more cap space to serve as a dumping ground for dead money, as they continue to stockpile picks.

The Spurs would add nearly $10M for '19-'20, but I look at it like this: That's about $1M above what the starting salary will be for the MLE next season and they'd otherwise need to utilize it on a 3 and D wing anyway. This would just expedite the process and balance the roster.
    I agree with this line of thinking. We should be proactive right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the instinct, but it’s also a bit of a transition year. The spurs might be best served “trimming the herd” as it were of their stable of young guys this season and seeing if players like blossomgsme White Forbes and Metu are for real, and if not moving on. It’ll also give them a chance to see if Rudy can truly fill the void at SF.

They’ll have a decent sense by the trade deadline, when they can assess the market then. It does feel like a Pau + Raptor Pick might net something decent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With big decisions on Middleton and Bledsoe this summer, wonder if Bucks swap Pau’s contract + Raptors Pick to get off 3 years of Snell and DJ Wilson.

Snell fits the LMA and DDR timeline. Slot Snell at the SF with Rudy at the 4, or stay big with Poetl at the 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They choose to attempt to do both at once: compete while re-building. So with that in mind, as long as the future isn't being mortgaged, they need to fix this roster. They don't need to wait until the trade deadline. It's plain to see this roster is a mess.

Even though Snell lacks confidence, is more of a defender in theory than reality and his contract runs a season longer than I'd prefer, I'd do it.

I doubt the Bucks would though. Sure, his stock is down at the moment, but when more money is freed up league wide next off season and another season has ticked off his contract, he can probably be salary dumped without having to attach an asset. They'd have to be really down on Wilson to trade him for probably the 27th-30th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have to ask if you don’t see Dante getting minutes this season? He has so far gotten deep bench minutes meaning Pop will rely on Forbes a lot and White.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Murray injury we'll probably need someone else as pg...any chance we trade Pau for Dragic? I've tried on nba trade machine a a three way trade that works is:

Miami takes Butler and T. Jones
    Minny takes Richardson and Pau
    Spurs takes Dragic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to ask if you don’t see Dante getting minutes this season? He has so far gotten deep bench minutes meaning Pop will rely on Forbes a lot and White.
    Cunningham will play by default (and likely at Poeltl's expense) against elite big wings and other ones who can create their own shot.

He's fine as a fringe rotation type, but not nearly good enough to be a starter or part of a best lineup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think JP will be getting lots of minutes as Gasol is old and will need back to back days off. I don’t see Cunningham getting any time at Center most will be SF/PF.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm firmly in the camp to make a move. This roster won't get it done as currently constructed. Even with Murray & Walker healthy we were counting on some major steps to reach our ceiling. Now the ceiling has been lowered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously Cunningham won't play center. I meant, in matchups where they're forced to play small, Aldridge will play center, Gasol will back him up, Poeltl will be out of the rotation and he'll be in it.

Occasionally, they'll probably bench Gasol in these matchups under the guise of a "rest game", but that'll only fly so many times before he doesn't play along. Given that this should be his final season as a Spur, they shouldn't care about that, but likely will.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justin Anderson might be a sneaky play. He's currently recovering from surgery but should be available soon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think Terry Rozier would fit?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y
    Last edited by Bull Spur; 10-14-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Bull Spur; 10-14-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder who's Alt this is?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson is trending the way of Payton. There's been no appreciable progress in 3+ seasons and they probably don't want to commit to him beyond (maybe) his qualifying offer. It's clear he needs a change of scenery.

Spurs were supposedly interested as recently as last season, which means Engelland must be confident he can fix his shot.

He's a long shot to amount to anything worthwhile at this point, but has a near ideal body type (6'6'' - 245 - 7'0'') and given the situation the Spurs have put themselves, is the type of flier worth considering. As a young veteran, he'd also fit with their attempt to serve two masters simultaneously: present and future.

The Pistons need shooting and backup bigs. Bertans and either a 2nd or the rights to Milutinov for Johnson and Ellenson, is worth a shot.

I'd rather not give up on Bertans, but it doesn't look like Pop is ever really going to trust him, which renders him a highly paid insurance policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson is trending the way of Payton. There's been no appreciable progress in 3+ seasons and they probably don't want to commit to him beyond (maybe) his qualifying offer. It's clear he needs a change of scenery.

Spurs were supposedly interested as recently as last season, which means Engelland must be confident he can fix his shot.

He's a long shot to amount to anything worthwhile at this point, but has a near ideal body type (6'6'' - 245 - 7'0'') and given the situation the Spurs have put themselves, is the type of flier worth considering. As a young veteran, he'd also fit with their attempt to serve two masters simultaneously: present and future.

The Pistons need shooting and backup bigs. Bertans and either a 2nd or the rights to Milutinov for Johnson and Ellenson, is worth a shot.

I'd rather not give up on Bertans, but it doesn't look like Pop is ever really going to trust him, which renders him a highly paid insurance policy.
    If PATFO has maintained the consistent interest in Stanley that is generally believed on ST, then perhaps Chip does think he could fix his shot. At this point, however, it is hard for me to tell if PATFO has maintained such interest or the interest is a ST projection.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills/Gasol/Pick or Lonnie for Markieff/Oubre/Mahinmi —

Lose playmaking out of the C spot but at least Mahinmi can offer a little rim protection and can move faster than Gasol at this point.

Morris & Oubre are the biggest upgrades for obvious reasons, but mainly toughness is what I consider this team to be truly lacking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills/Gasol/Pick or Lonnie for Markieff/Oubre/Mahinmi —

Lose playmaking out of the C spot but at least Mahinmi can offer a little rim protection and can move faster than Gasol at this point.

Morris & Oubre are the biggest upgrades for obvious reasons, but mainly toughness is what I consider this team to be truly lacking.
    no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge, bertans, and toronto first round pick, rights to adam hanga and nikoli milutinov
    To new York York
    SF kevin Knox
    PF/C mitc robinson
    SG courtney Lee
    PG Emmanuel Mudiay
    Right herzonja is getting more minutes than knox. We take on Lee contact, robinson is an athletic big to develop, mudiay is redundant with ntikilina and Trier. And the have trey Burks getting run. And Ron Baker.

Pau Gasol
    to the Lakers for
    SF isaac bonga

The Lakers need interior help and pau can help score.
    Bonga is a ball handling SF that is behind kuzma and ingram and James.

Mills
    To Milwaukee for
    SG/SF Tony Snell
    Miss gives them bench scoring and would fit great with Antemtakoupa.
    Angel gives us a 3&D later on the wing.

PG- Forbes, mudiay, White
    SG- Derozan, Bellineli, Lee, Walker
    SF- knox, Snell, Bonga
    PF- Gay, Cunningham, Metu
    C- Poetle, Robinson, Eubanks
    Last edited by palangi; 11-22-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Thread Information