Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be a RFA, Boston isn't going to let him walk without compensation, so you have to decide if he's worth giving something up for (and how much) and if you determine he is then the case to do something sooner comes into play.
    Saw Jaylen extended today. Is there a scenario where he could still be moved? (Not sure if there are bars to trading a player the same year he’s extended).

I can see a scenario where the Cs struggle out the gate (Hayward continues to underwhelm, Tatum has a repeat of last year, they miss Kyrie more than they’d like to admit, etc.) and want to shake things up. Something like this could be interesting:

DDR + White + pick
    for
    Hayward + Brown

would be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not with that contract. Brown is overpaid unless he reaches All-Star level

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw Jaylen extended today. Is there a scenario where he could still be moved? (Not sure if there are bars to trading a player the same year he’s extended).

I can see a scenario where the Cs struggle out the gate (Hayward continues to underwhelm, Tatum has a repeat of last year, they miss Kyrie more than they’d like to admit, etc.) and want to shake things up. Something like this could be interesting:

DDR + White + pick
    for
    Hayward + Brown

would be interesting.
    He was extended he's under the poison pill provision for a year. So, the team trading would have to have a lot of cap room available at the time of trade. It's almost impossible...at the least its unrealistic for a year.
    Last edited by mo7888; 10-22-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Celtics: Drummond, Carroll
    To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter
    To Spurs: Hayward, Thomas or Mykhailiuk

Or

To Celtics: Drummond, Galloway, Morris, Thomas or Mykhailiuk
    To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter, Carroll, Green
    To Spurs: Hayward, Ojeleye
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-27-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Celtics: Drummond, Carroll
    To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter
    To Spurs: Hayward, Thomas or Mykhailiuk

Or

To Celtics: Drummond, Galloway, Morris, Thomas or Mykhailiuk
    To Pistons: DeRozan, Kanter, Carroll, Green
    To Spurs: Hayward, Ojeleye
    I'm not sure that makes us better. I do like the Hayward fit better but, he's more expensive and I'm not sure we'd be able to keep him this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure that makes us better. I do like the Hayward fit better but, he's more expensive and I'm not sure we'd be able to keep him this summer.
    I should have clarified: It would have to be dependant on Hayward returning at least close to form. If he can, then he's a much better fit. Long term, he likely won't be more expensive (in the interim, the money in/out is similar) and I doubt he'd go anywhere because of the potential on/off court fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have clarified: It would have to be dependant on Hayward returning at least close to form. If he can, then he's a much better fit. Long term, he likely won't be more expensive (in the interim, the money in/out is similar) and I doubt he'd go anywhere because of the potential on/off court fit.
    If we were confident we could keep him I wouldn't be against it..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we were confident we could keep him I wouldn't be against it..
    There's very few spots in the league where can he play for a winner and probably be something like a co go-to guy.

If it were to work out well, presuming the Spurs made a compe ive offer, there's no reason to think he'd leave.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's very few spots in the league where can he play for a winner and probably be something like a co go-to guy.

If it were to work out well, presuming the Spurs made a compe ive offer, there's no reason to think he'd leave.
    I'm not sure about that. I could be wrong but, I believe I read that his wife has a lot of say about what city they live in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what it would take to get him but, the guy I'd really like to add to this young core is OG Anunoby. I think hes a perfect compliment going forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what it would take to get him but, the guy I'd really like to add to this young core is OG Anunoby. I think hes a perfect compliment going forward.
    Yeah, as much as I like Jakob still salty that spurs couldnt get him in DDR trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, as much as I like Jakob still salty that spurs couldnt get him in DDR trade.
    I feel the same

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors weren't giving up Anunoby then, they're not giving him up now. Unless the Spurs foolishly re-sign DeRozan, essentially picking him over White and offer White and Carroll for Covington, there's probably no path to a pure 3 and D SF/combo forward.

If they correctly pick White over DeRozan, I'm not sure that type would be best with Murray-White. Crazier things have happened, but neither project as go-to scorers. Having someone else who can play off of them, yet assist with shot creation/play making is probably best for now . . .

To Magic: DeRozan, Burton
    To Thunder: Aminu*, Belinelli, Lyles*, Magic lottery protected 1st
    To Spurs: Fournier, Gallinari

* Eligible December 15th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing how the early season has started for some of the hyped middling teams — DEN, Utah, Houston, blazers — I think spurs may feel they have a shot to land in the top 4 in the West. In that world I think they’re more of a lock to stand pat for better or worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors weren't giving up Anunoby then, they're not giving him up now. Unless the Spurs foolishly re-sign DeRozan, essentially picking him over White and offer White and Carroll for Covington, there's probably no path to a pure 3 and D SF/combo forward.

If they correctly pick White over DeRozan, I'm not sure that type would be best with Murray-White. Crazier things have happened, but neither project as go-to scorers. Having someone else who can play off of them, yet assist with shot creation/play making is probably best for now . . .

To Magic: DeRozan, Burton
    To Thunder: Aminu*, Belinelli, Lyles*, Magic lottery protected 1st
    To Spurs: Fournier, Gallinari

* Eligible December 15th.
    I would love that trade... love it.... I doubt out FO has the creativity to get in on a trade like that though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need something creative that involves real nba players(I love TD 21's proposal). Two guys I see that are available out there are Myles Turner with indy and Gallo with okc. Indy's head coach and FO like LMA, so build something around him and get Turner. OKC is collecting draft picks, so build something around our 1st (even if it has to happen after December 15th.) Derozen and DJ would look much better if you had these two guys spacing the floor. Turner is on a good contract and is young with some athleticism. Let's turn the page and do something...it's past time...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Hornets: DeRozan, Burton
    To Thunder: Monk, Williams, Lyles
    To Spurs: Gallinari, Kidd-Gilchrist

The Hornets should be re-building, but I'm not sure they actually are and considering how low they appear to be on Monk, I'm not sure it matters in this case.

The Thunder, obviously it would depend on whether they like Monk enough to punt on the pick in the 20s they could get for Gallinari from the Trail Blazers or whoever.

The Spurs would get much closer to positionally balanced.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I get then Interest in Gallo, but I’m in the camp that if you’re making a trade it’s to acquire young cost controlled building blocks. A Gallo trade suggests the spurs think they can make a run this year (I just don’t see that). Maybe if it’s a Gay/Belli for Gallo swap, but then is it worth the pick if you can get Gallo a full MLE offer this summer?

Miles Turner on the other hand is exactly the type of player I’d cash in (out?) the LMA or DDR chip for. In that scenario using a 1st, if it came to it, would make sense too. DJ-White-Turner core starts to looks interesting for the next 4 years. And, you hope you can hit on one of Walker or Luka too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I get then Interest in Gallo, but I’m in the camp that if you’re making a trade it’s to acquire young cost controlled building blocks. A Gallo trade suggests the spurs think they can make a run this year (I just don’t see that). Maybe if it’s a Gay/Belli for Gallo swap, but then is it worth the pick if you can get Gallo a full MLE offer this summer?

Miles Turner on the other hand is exactly the type of player I’d cash in (out?) the LMA or DDR chip for. In that scenario using a 1st, if it came to it, would make sense too. DJ-White-Turner core starts to looks interesting for the next 4 years. And, you hope you can hit on one of Walker or Luka too.
    I can go either way. I really like the Turner deal if we are giving up LMA. As for Gallo, I don't think the MLE will get him next summer. I also think his shooting and spacing at the 4 dramatically alters the team this year and that we could make a legitimate run. We'd need some help but the lakers will probably have an injury (Davis seems to get hurt every year). Clippers will be hard to beat (even with shooting) but we'd at least have a chance if we could catch a couple breaks. I wouldn't give up any good young players but I would give the pick this year because I don't really want to add another rookie next year. Belli+Lyles+Carroll+ 1st would do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Gallinari trade isn't about "making a run this year" (though it could marginally increase the odds). It's about maximizing Murray/White and reorienting/balancing the team, while continuing along the same trajectory.

Of course a young, building block type like Turner would be preferable, but that's not happening. Aldridge and DeRozan don't have that kind of value. The centerpiece of a return for them is probably a lottery protected 1st or a B prospect, who's value has either plateaued or is diminishing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Gallinari trade isn't about "making a run this year" (though it could marginally increase the odds). It's about maximizing Murray/White and reorienting/balancing the team, while continuing along the same trajectory.

Of course a young, building block type like Turner would be preferable, but that's not happening. Aldridge and DeRozan don't have that kind of value. The centerpiece of a return for them is probably a lottery protected 1st or a B prospect, who's value has either plateaued or is diminishing.
    Well I think they can satisfy your criteria: a pick likely in the mid teens (effectively same as lotto protected) and B star who fits with their scheme for next two years (LMA next to Sabonis makes sense).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I think they can satisfy your criteria: a pick likely in the mid teens (effectively same as lotto protected) and B star who fits with their scheme for next two years (LMA next to Sabonis makes sense).
    Why would the Pacers give up an 11 year younger center, when they have no chance of contending? Turner makes more sense next to Sabonis, because he's a superior floor spacer/rim protector to Aldridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Pacers give up an 11 year younger center, when they have no chance of contending? Turner makes more sense next to Sabonis, because he's a superior floor spacer/rim protector to Aldridge.
    It's rumored by several nba insiders that indy doesn't like turner and sabonis on the floor together and that they are willing to move turner. I've not heard what they want but, Kevin Pritchard is known to like Aldridge. It's not out of the question that we could pull off that trade if we want to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ yeah it’s a weird fit. But more importantly, absent a change, that’s the fit they’ve committed big time money too for the next 4 years. LMAs contract is better, though, I agree Pacers would probably need more than LMA and pick in the teens.

And, as much as a love most of the young guys, the spurs are going to have to consolidate assets at some point. I can see Forbes, Jakob, Lyles, and even Lonnie and Johnson as chips to enhance the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Pistons: DeRozan, Carroll*, Burton
    To Thunder: Jackson**, Lyles*, Pistons lottery protected 1st
    To Spurs: Gallinari, Snell, Galloway**

* Eligible December 15th
    ** To be rerouted or bought out

Pistons get a go-to perimeter type to ease the burden on Griffin and a cheaper, older version or Snell to somewhat alleviate the cost of Jackson/a starting PG to DeRozan going forward. Knight could be a buyout candidate.

Thunder add a likely mid round pick to the treasure trove and a still young PF showing flashes of decency.

Spurs get desperately needed positional balance/floor spacing, paving the way for Murray/White to play some together and more period.

It's rumored by several nba insiders that indy doesn't like turner and sabonis on the floor together and that they are willing to move turner. I've not heard what they want but, Kevin Pritchard is known to like Aldridge. It's not out of the question that we could pull off that trade if we want to.
    Maybe, but Aldridge would be a worse fit with Sabonis than Turner. I'm not saying there's no chance they move Turner period, I'm saying there's no chance they move him for Aldridge. Even if the Spurs attached a 1st, the Pacers are already slated to get a pick in similar range.

Thread Information