Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A nice little primer/summary, thx.

Liking DET as a DDR Lansing spot with most intriguing packages being either around Dembouya or Kennard+1st. Depends what spurs value higher.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like the current market won't give up a first round pick unless it's part of big package for an elite player (Leonard, George, Davis) or for an NBA starter + unloading a bad contract. Lowe suggests that Kevin Love could command a first, which surprises me. I'm very skeptical. His contract is so bad, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs would have to attach an asset. But if Lowe is correct, it would mean Aldridge should command a first. I'd be content and not surprised if the best the market will provide for Aldridge or DDR is a young player and a second round pick.

I doubt the Spurs make any moves, even though they obviously should. If they do, I'm as intrigued to see what they get back as I am to see who they get back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leaving here. Can’t get behind the pay wall for the full article but apparently Hollinger muses about DDR going back to TOR.

https://theathletic.com/1458274/2019...-trade-market/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leaving here. Can’t get behind the pay wall for the full article but apparently Hollinger muses about DDR going back to TOR.

https://theathletic.com/1458274/2019...-trade-market/
    He does the same thing on his latest podcast with Nate Duncan--their Western Conference Mailbag episode. There he says DDR doesn't have much trade value, doesn't see more than a few teams who'd have interest, and speculates Magic might not give up more than expiring contracts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fear the Spurs will go 7-3ish over their next 10 (SoS says 3-7 is more likely) and they completely punt on any effort at trading their vets and instead seek to add some other team's vet throwaway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fear the Spurs will go 7-3ish over their next 10 (SoS says 3-7 is more likely) and they completely punt on any effort at trading their vets and instead seek to add some other team's vet throwaway.
    I could see that happening. I doubt we trade for someone's vet-throw away though. We might pick up a waived or bought out vet though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha! No way! Spurms are sub-.500 with one of the easiest schedules to date. Have you seen their next 10 opponents? And you think they will win at a .700 clip?!?! No.

But ultimately, I don’t think their record over the next 10 games will have any impact on Pop’s thinking. He likes what he’s got, and he’s staying pat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’d have to cough up a pick to make that enticing for them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had a reasonable assurance of re-signing him, I'd prefer Bogdanovic to Gordon and, with those assurances, would be willing to put a protected first into the deal. Something like this:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t7mvmvw

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW: I'd be willing to trade our 2020 first for Zach Lavine too. It seems like his situation in Chicago is now stable, but if not...I know he's not without his limitations, but he'd be a major upgrade over Forbes.

In my view, the Spurs need three roster upgrades a) a real 3 and D forward, b) another stretch big and c) either an upgrade (over Forbes) at starting shooting guard or a good reserve point guard who would allow White to start next to Murray. Starting Walker with Aldridge and DDR relegates him to standing around in the corner. It's a waste. Better to leave him on the bench or move him into starting lineup after moving/losing DDR. If DDR and/or Aldridge remain through next year, the Spurs still need all the upgrades listed above.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW: I'd be willing to trade our 2020 first for Zach Lavine too. It seems like his situation in Chicago is now stable, but if not...I know he's not without his limitations, but he'd be a major upgrade over Forbes.

In my view, the Spurs need three roster upgrades a) a real 3 and D forward, b) another stretch big and c) either an upgrade (over Forbes) at starting shooting guard or a good reserve point guard who would allow White to start next to Murray. Starting Walker with Aldridge and DDR relegates him to standing around in the corner. It's a waste. Better to leave him on the bench or move him into starting lineup after moving/losing DDR. If DDR and/or Aldridge remain through next year, the Spurs still need all the upgrades listed above.
    I pretty much agree with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass on Lavine. I agreed with one commentator (Lowe, Simmons?) who called him perimeter Damarcus Cousins. Big numbers on bad team, doesn’t play winning basketball, and brings locker issues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is the intel on Lavine, I'd pass too. Limited options at shooting guard. Joe Harris, Bullock, Fournier, Powell, Beasely, Wiggins, and Bogdanovic. Relative to talent, most of these guys are some kind upgrade over Forbes, but in terms of acquisition costs and ongoing cap ramifications, I'd say only Harris and Bogdanovic are worth an asset, and carefully protected at that because of their contract status. Better to just hold the pick.

I'd be fine with White as a starter, but the team would have to find a quality reserve point. Terry Rozier and Spencer Dinwiddie make all kinds of sense, but with White's extension and Murray's contract, that's too much money to tie up in the backcourt. Goran Dragic would be ideal, but I can't see Miami trading Dragic unless it involved a package for DeRozan or Aldridge back. If Winslow were healthy, Dragic and Winslow, would offset some of DeRozan's loss because of how it would liberate the rotations to maximize White and Walker. Dragic, medically-cleared Winslow, and a second for DeRozan and Forbes?

Belinelli and Carroll for Cory Joseph?

Better to just find someone cheap in free agency or bring in a vet to compete with Weatherspoon next training camp.

Whenever I run these exercises, I talk myself out of trade ideas more often than I talk myself into them.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 01-24-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, time to start dreaming about the DDR sign-and-trade scenarios lol. The more I think about it the better position the Spurs will be to extract value for him, at least compared to this deadline.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't we take a few days off? My trade deadline OCD-ness just slammed up against a wall of disappointment a mere 25 hours ago. Edit: a wall of massive disappointment.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And FWIW: I think we're looking at four things in the offseason, maybe five. DDR sign and trade, Aldridge trade (at draft or later), and Forbes sign and trade. The fifth is: Dejounte Murray?

Do we know which teams DDR has identified as preferred destinations? Spurs will be limited to his short list.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston, Knicks, and New Orleans have two first round picks in a "bad" draft. I could see all of them spending a pick to get one of DeRozan or Aldridge if they're not thrilled with the talent available.

Philly has multiple early seconds, Sacramento too.

Orlando, Portland, and Denver have one first apiece, which aren't bad, and should probably spend a pick on an impact veteran.

So those are the teams that could be active around the draft, imo. Actually, I should add San Antonio to this list. If someone like Ben Simmons comes onto the market, something like DeRozan and two firsts might get San Antonio into that conversation. Not sure I like that for either team, but it's probably the sort of market Philly will get for Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the question is, 'will this FO actually do anything '? I'm not sure they will however, there should be options to S&T DDR and the market for LMA should be there as well. I think Gay can be moved as well. If the FO decides to finally make moves I wonder if we will be buyers or sellers? Most of us think we should sell and rebuild but will they see it that way if say, Embid is put on the block? I could see a scenario where Pop would want to acquire him and play a more traditional game using him like Duncan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the 64k question. I think this year has been a wake up call and realization that the transition is here in earnest.

The more I think about it holding on to DDR until the summer was the right call. I can see an Orlando or Detroit coming to the table if they can get him longer term.

LMA will need to be moved ASAP given his expiring status (I also wouldn’t mind keeping him). I’m not even sure what the new MIA team looks like after all their moves, but he’d still be a good fit there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the 64k question. I think this year has been a wake up call and realization that the transition is here in earnest.

The more I think about it holding on to DDR until the summer was the right call. I can see an Orlando or Detroit coming to the table if they can get him longer term.

LMA will need to be moved ASAP given his expiring status (I also wouldn’t mind keeping him). I’m not even sure what the new MIA team looks like after all their moves, but he’d still be a good fit there.
    I agree on DDR. I thought LMA and Gay were the main one's we should have moved at the deadline.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently, the Spurs project into the lottery in '20, '21, and maybe '22. Picks in this and the next two drafts are their best trade assets. Curious what kind of player one or more of those picks paired with DeRozan or Aldridge could secure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently, the Spurs project into the lottery in '20, '21, and maybe '22. Picks in this and the next two drafts are their best trade assets. Curious what kind of player one or more of those picks paired with DeRozan or Aldridge could secure.
    It's hard to say, I'd think they wont trade the picks with a player though. I expect us to trade our players for picks and cap space. I also expect our draft pick this year to be in the 10-14 range. We aren't far from that now and we are playing like crap with a tough schedule.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should eventually settle at a pick between 9-11, which would be great because it more than triples our lottery odds from our current position of 13.

Right now, the only three stars who might force their way onto the market this summer are Embiid, Simmons, and Lillard. Of the three, I like Simmons the best, but as a center more than a point. So if we did beat our lottery odds, we could put this lottery pick and perhaps an unprotected 2022 into a package.

Very low odds of beating our odds, so it's probably a moot point...

But if the Spurs have any thoughts of pursuing this strategy, they'll have to shut down DeRozan and Aldridge sooner than later. Better to let Gay play in hopes of recovering some trade value. Be good to play Carroll too in hopes of recovering some kind of value for him. But shut down DeRozan and Aldridge. Start Murray-White-Walker-Lyles-Metu. Rotate Weatherspoon, Johnson, Carroll, Samanic, Gay, and Eubanks. Probably best to play Forbes and Poeltl too, but they are who they are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should land between pick 9-11, which would be great because it more than triples our lottery odds from our current position of 13.

Right now, the only three stars who might force their way onto the market this summer are Embiid, Simmons, and Lillard. Of the three, I like Simmons the best, but as a center more than a point. So if we did beat our lottery odds, we could put this lottery pick and perhaps an unprotected 2022 into a package.

Very low odds of beating our odds, so it's probably a moot point...
    I could see Simmons forcing his way but, I think Philly may opt to put Embid on the market and keep Simmons before it gets to that point. I am genuinely curious to see what offers a talented center with an injury risk and a high salary would bring on today's market though.

Thread Information