Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I like the framework, but personally I’d add some additional assets to pry Sekou. So, perhaps instead of DET sending the pick to OKC it’s the spurs to get something like:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wtd3adz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I like the framework, but personally I’d add some additional assets to pry Sekou. So, perhaps instead of DET sending the pick to OKC it’s the spurs to get something like:

This is a smart trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs clean house, the goal should be to flip Aldridge, DeRozan, Mills, Forbes, and Gay for a cap reset, 2 picks, and 2 prospects. Carroll and Lyles can be used as cap filler. I'd like to see them hold on to everyone else and develop them over the balance of the season while "positioning" themselves for a high lottery pick.

I'm afraid the Spurs might instead try to flip some of their young players for more veterans to play alongside Aldridge and DeRozan. The fear is real.

I'd much rather see deals like Aldridge for Bazemore and Little. Or Mills for Exum and a first. Forbes for Wes Matthews and a first. Gay for Tyler Johnson and a first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ agree with approach.

I’d be happy if in a three way DET-SAS-ORL trade the Spurs net Sekou, Bamba, and DET’s 1st (with DDR going to ORL and Gordon to DET). Might require Spurs taking on some non-expiring contracts back from DET as filler, but that should be the approach— find youngster with potential to either develop or subsequently flip to add to what should be decent picks of their own in next 2 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm leaning more towards moving either DDR or LMA but not both and not tanking. I still want to get Myles Turner for Aldridge but, here's another route I'd consider:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=votznvq

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m kinda leaning the other direction these days, flip both in two separate trade with BOS and ORL:

Out: DDR (Orlando), LMA (Boston)
    In: Gordon, Hayward, Bamba, BOS 1st

(Filler as necessary, etc.)

I prefer having Hayward as a subsequently flippable asset than DDR, but can see a three way deal where Hayward is routed to ORL and Spurs hang on to DDR. Risk is Hayward leaving which would merit some compensation from BOS
    Last edited by CGD; 11-24-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some interesting and realistic LMA trade ideas in this piece:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/11/25...rcus-aldridge/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some interesting and realistic LMA trade ideas in this piece:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/11/25...rcus-aldridge/
    Good find..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few other LMA teams I hadn’t heard before: kings, nugs, and suns

https://hoopshype.com/2019/12/01/lam...paign=fadeaway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few other LMA teams I hadn’t heard before: kings, nugs, and suns

https://hoopshype.com/2019/12/01/lam...paign=fadeaway
    It's hard for me to see a nuggets trade that works for us. Phoenix is also kinda tough, I assume Johnson's expiring plus Saric and either a 1st, ayton, or one of their young sf's. Kings I'd guess would be Barnes plus bogdanovic for LMA, Bello, and Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard for me to see a nuggets trade that works for us. Phoenix is also kinda tough, I assume Johnson's expiring plus Saric and either a 1st, ayton, or one of their young sf's. Kings I'd guess would be Barnes plus bogdanovic for LMA, Bello, and Forbes.
    The ideal nugget trade would be something like Milsap’s massive expiring (who LMA would be replacing) and Porter for LMA and one of our young pieces (white?). I love Derrick but it feels that between the three of him, Lonnie, and Murray he’s the one that moves on first.

Murray
    Lonnie
    Porter
    Luka
    Jakob

Good looking core for next 3 years.
    Last edited by CGD; 12-07-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Suns I think Johnson’s Salary, Bridges, and Saric seems reasonable.

Bridges would give Spurs their 3D SF to compliment a Murray-Walker backcourt. Not a fan that Saric can walk next summer but at least they have bird rights if they have to make a bigger than expected offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Suns I think Johnson’s Salary, Bridges, and Saric seems reasonable.

Bridges would give Spurs their 3D SF to compliment a Murray-Walker backcourt. Not a fan that Saric can walk next summer but at least they have bird rights if they have to make a bigger than expected offer.
    I'd be more inclined to do the suns trade over the nuggets trade. I'm not sold on porter's health enough to trade white for him. The Suns makes more sense to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One of the better suggested trades I have seen here.

How do I imbed a trade machine link in a ST post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Spurs sent a 2nd rounder in 2021, and a 1st in 2023 might do it. With Dec. 15th coming, the injuries Orlando has suffered to Aminu and Vucevic making it next to impossible that they will deal Gordon, this trade makes so much sense. OKC gets tons of cap relief which translates to luxury tax relief at the end of year. You have the chance, if you are the Spurs, to gauge LMA trade value, open more minutes for young guards to play, and get the small forward/wing you are going to need to win in the NBA in the future. Plus, the sooner you can do this trade, the longer you will have with Gallo to try and convince him to sign a moderate extension with you. Gallo's game is something Luka would have the opportunity to learn from and copy for his growth and mentorship.

According to ESPN, for what that's worth, the Spurs opened with the 2nd easiest schedule to this point. And they are 9-14. They will have the 10th hardest from this point on according to the same source. This season is a wash. This needs to be looked at as a major transition and transforming year. The playoffs don't need to be prioritized. Developing players games, chemistry, and the style of play that the Spurs are going to play in the future should be on the forefront. This trade is a great and realistic step in that direction. Great option!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only we were the gms and not lowly fans, lol.

It occurs to me the Rudy is trade eligible soon. O’Conner suggested in his piece that he might have trade value. What to you think he’d realistically fetch?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It occurs to me the Rudy is trade eligible soon. O’Conner suggested in his piece that he might have trade value. What to you think he’d realistically fetch?
    I could see a team that thinks they can make a run in the east maybe giving up something for him. If Miami thinks he's a better playoff fit as a veteran next to butler than Winslow is making a trade. Detroit might be interested, Snell and a small asset or (in a bigger package) Snell + doumbouya or a 1st for Rudy + White.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This got me thinking about Detroit.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=r7dnhvw
    It let's us look for trades for DDR and LMA and reset. Ntikilina plays the backup PG and on the wing while we get a free look to see if we can salvage an athletic high pick that hasn't lived up to his potential in ny.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=s9mjohv

I know we'd probably never do this but, what do you think? It let's us rebuild and give Pop a chance to re-boot on this season. I assume we'd need to send another asset to okc, maybe 2nd or future 1st in 2022.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks thinks the 76ers will be one of the team's offering a first for Davis Bertans. If this is the case, I'd think the Spurs could offer a package of Forbes + Belinelli in return for a first. Brett Brown and Beli get along well and Marco has played well in Philly previously. Spurs could ask for Philly's 2021 first (projected 25-30) and/or this year's Knicks second round pick (projected 31-33), which Philly owns.

Forbes + Beli for pick(s), Bolden, and Zhaire Smith is probably a yes from Philly. This would improve San Antonio's team defense (by virtue of Walker assuming Forbes and Marco's minutes) and provide good compensation for Forbes in advance of his free agency. Smith and Bolden would spend the rest of the year in Austin and battle for a roster spot next camp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks thinks the 76ers will be one of the team's offering a first for Davis Bertans. If this is the case, I'd think the Spurs could offer a package of Forbes + Belinelli in return for a first. Brett Brown and Beli get along well and Marco has played well in Philly previously. Spurs could ask for Philly's 2021 first (projected 25-30) and/or this year's Knicks second round pick (projected 31-33), which Philly owns.

Forbes + Beli for pick(s), Bolden, and Zhaire Smith is probably a yes from Philly. This would improve San Antonio's team defense (by virtue of Walker assuming Forbes and Marco's minutes) and provide good compensation for Forbes in advance of his free agency. Smith and Bolden would spend the rest of the year in Austin and battle for a roster spot next camp.
    I'm pretty sure philly would only do that if they strike out on bertans. He's much more valuable than forbes+belli. I may decreasing your post wrong though, you might be talking about philly doing this after they acquire Bertans?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure philly would only do that if they strike out on bertans. He's much more valuable than forbes+belli. I may decreasing your post wrong though, you might be talking about philly doing this after they acquire Bertans?
    Thinking more about scenarios if Philly missed on Bertans. But looking at salaries, it could be a both/and. Philly has enough picks and salary filler to pursue Bertans and Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking more about scenarios if Philly missed on Bertans. But looking at salaries, it could be a both/and. Philly has enough picks and salary filler to pursue Bertans and Forbes.
    Philly would be very dangerous if they can add that much shooting.

Thread Information