Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Jazz keep Millsap or match a MLE offer from another Jazz, wouldn't that put them into lux tax area?
    Heard their owner was prepared to pay the lux tax for a while to contend just like Holt.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Jazz keep Millsap or match a MLE offer from another Jazz, wouldn't that put them into lux tax area?
    Yes, but it would only be a 1 year hit. Between Boozer, Okur, Harpring and Korver Utah has like $33 mil worth of expiring contracts. So they'd take the luxury tax hit for one season, then be back under the cap and have Milsap locked up on a bargain of a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes it would put them in the tax since both okhur and boozer opted to stay and the jazz also excercised the option on kirilenko but i would not think that the jazz would hesitate to match an MLE. i am surprised that millsap has not received any offers as of yet as well. he was a double double machine last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes it would put them in the tax since both okhur and boozer opted to stay and the jazz also excercised the option on kirilenko but i would not think that the jazz would hesitate to match an MLE. i am surprised that millsap has not received any offers as of yet as well. he was a double double machine last season.
    Millsap has not gotten much attention because he plays for Utah and that David Lee played for New York, so the exposure is very different and teams will be looking at Lee more because he started about every game and that Millsap only started in place of Boozer. The GMs may also think Millsap is a one hit wonder in his few games of dominance and are chasing after David Lee because New York would most likely not match a deal for Lee because of 2010 and that Utah would most certainly match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap > Boozer

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    future spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not want. Sap is the kind of player we would have plugged in around the big three, not the kind you bring in for a rebuild. He’s a LOT closer to his 36th birthday that his 35th.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Do not want. Sap is the kind of player we would have plugged in around the big three, not the kind you bring in for a rebuild. He’s a LOT closer to his 36th birthday that his 35th.
    i’m just the messenger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Millsap hurt a rebuild? He can be a vet to the young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Millsap hurt a rebuild? He can be a vet to the young players.
    Not a matter of hurting the rebuild, more like probably no interest on his part. Who wants to take a bite of that sandwich at age 35? That’s when you go chase rings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if the Spurs try to pull the whole “trying to compete” thing, I can definitely see them using the mid level on him. Line up being:

Murray
    White
    DeRozan
    Millsap
    Aldridge

bench of:
    Mills
    Walker/11th pick
    Johnson/11th pick
    Gay
    Poeltl

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap will be starting his 15th season next year. He's still a damn good player, but he's on the decline. But he's doing what a lot of successful aging bigs do - improving his shooting. If the Spurs' goal is to squeak in to the playoffs in the West, and have somewhere around the #20 draft pick next year, Millsap would be a great pickup.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm warming up to millsap on the spurs tbh.

he fits in today's nba lineup much more than la.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol this thread from 2009

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so.. signin millsap, keep ddr and lma, 1st or 2nd round PO exit, late pick, less minutes for young guys to develop, probably our 11th pick send to gleague... same like 3 last yrs

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    maybe something like:
    -move demar to atl for capela and deandre hunter
    -move la for ???

then you have: murray / white / hunter / millsap / capela + whatever spurs trade la for + #11 pick off the bench

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe something like:
    -move demar to atl for capela and deandre hunter
    -move la for ???

then you have: murray / white / hunter / millsap / capela + whatever spurs trade la for + #11 pick off the bench
    pretty good s5 but 1) capela and DH for ddr is waay too much, 2) it will be hard to trade LMA somewhere else than portland for a decent return. But portlands package probably had to be collins/ariza/hood. It makes us stuck with big guys. So bringing millsap makes zero sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so.. signin millsap, keep ddr and lma, 1st or 2nd round PO exit, late pick, less minutes for young guys to develop, probably our 11th pick send to gleague... same like 3 last yrs
    The Spurs can still easily get some young guys some minutes with the lineup I suggested.

1. Since Aldridge, Millsap, and Gay are older their minutes can be reduced while keeping their productivity up. Millsap would mean Lyles getting cut and Samanic can fill in the minutes that those thing bigs wouldn’t need to play anymore. 15 MPG a game should be simple to work in.
    2. With Forbes hopefully gone and DeRozan able to play small ball 4 at times White, Murray, Johnson, Walker, & our 11th pick can get minutes too. Mills wouldn’t need to play 22MPG anymore. Just like the bigs he can be just as effective with less minutes.
    3. If Millsap is signed I can see it being 2-3 years which is how long the Spurs take to develop a player anyway and the only “big” they have now is Samanic.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol this thread from 2009

Oh, holy ... it is from 2009. ing trolls.

Yes, I want Millsap in 2009, on a four-year deal, making half of what Jefferson was getting paid back then. Just erase that whole ty RJ episode from my memory. No first round exits. The Spurs draft Draymond or Khris Middleton with their first, instead of having to give it away to dump RJ's salary. And as a bonus, no loss in the Finals in '13.

I know it's not what the OP intended, but yes, get in the Wayback Machine and gimme 2009 Paul Millsap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Demar to Atlanta makes perfect basketball sense for Atlanta. They need to somehow get Young to play more off ball, but since he is the only one who can create for others on that team he can’t be used correctly. It will never happen but Demar would fit nicely there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Demar to Atlanta makes perfect basketball sense for Atlanta. They need to somehow get Young to play more off ball, but since he is the only one who can create for others on that team he can’t be used correctly. It will never happen but Demar would fit nicely there
    Nah. DeRozan needs to be the primary creator, but they wouldn't alter Young's role for him and they'd form the worst defensive back court in the league.

Haliburton should be available at 6 to solve their need for a backup PG and secondary creator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap is cool as a 1-year stop gap. I'd rather have somebody younger, but wouldn't be mad if we sign him. Knowing Pop though he will probably give him like 3 years/50 million

Thread Information