San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born: Feb 10, 1985
    Height: 6-8
    Weight: 250 lbs.
    College: Louisiana Tech
    Years Pro: 2

Info

I'd love to have him, but I doubt we could afford him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word is the Jazz will look to lock him up once Boozer moves on.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah thats what will happen.

Boozer will take big money in Detroit, then they lock him up and fall out of the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I would love this there is no way he will come to us but we have a shot at Boozer if the Spurs want him but I doubt it because he isnt really much of a defender.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Boozer has said he will opt out, but I am wondering if he might reconsider with the economy being what it is. One thing is for sure...he is dreaming if he thinks he is getting much more than he is going to make next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Boozer has said he will opt out, but I am wondering if he might reconsider with the economy being what it is. One thing is for sure...he is dreaming if he thinks he is getting much more than he is going to make next season.
    Who else could or would offer Boozer more than the MLE next season, other than Detroit?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else could or would offer Boozer more than the MLE next season, other than Detroit?
    Memphis is an option. They only have around 36 million in salary on the books for next year. They are one of the teams that I think might pull the trigger on a player this summer instead of waiting until 2010...and they might see Boozer as a good addition to their front line beside Marc Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is an option. They only have around 36 million in salary on the books for next year. They are one of the teams that I think might pull the trigger on a player this summer instead of waiting until 2010...and they might see Boozer as a good addition to their front line beside Marc Gasol.
    Boozer would probably use them to boost Detroit's offer if each had interest, I can't seriously think he'd go to Memphis.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Memphis got Boozer, they would become a contender for that 8th playoff spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Millsap alot. My guess is that a lot of teams do. He'll probably command a decent salary...probably from the Jazz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Memphis got Boozer, they would become a contender for that 8th playoff spot.
    +1
    Memphis is young and talented. they need a good coach in able to do this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to me he looked very inexpierence and nervous against LA and shyed away in alot of plays

could be a concern but if boozer stays most likely he'll walk but i see him going to detroit

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn milsap with us would be awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs def need to make a run at this guy. i know hes restricted but if they decide to resign booze okur and korver we need to make him a good offer....

adding milsap and if mahinmi turns out the way we are thinking our frontcourt would actually be nice with a duncan/milsap/mahinmi/KT and a backcourt of TP,Hill,Manu and Mase are main concern with our 3 draft picks would be our SF pos... hoping that fin and udoka walk IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs def need to make a run at this guy. i know hes restricted but if they decide to resign booze okur and korver we need to make him a good offer....

adding milsap and if mahinmi turns out the way we are thinking our frontcourt would actually be nice with a duncan/milsap/mahinmi/KT and a backcourt of TP,Hill,Manu and Mase are main concern with our 3 draft picks would be our SF pos... hoping that fin and udoka walk IMO.
    And both Hairston and Gist are backed up by Bowen at SF once the reg season starts.

And to tpark, I know Gist isn't technically a 3, but Hill wasn't technically a 1 so give him a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And both Hairston and Gist are backed up by Bowen at SF once the reg season starts.

And to tpark, I know Gist isn't technically a 3, but Hill wasn't technically a 1 so give him a chance.
    spurs will cut bowen and oberto before the season.....

def would want to see Gist in a spurs uniform though....

Im hoping the spurs can try to get this Austin Nichols guy from France also. who looks like he can be a great fit at the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs will cut bowen and oberto before the season.....

def would want to see Gist in a spurs uniform though....

Im hoping the spurs can try to get this Austin Nichols guy from France also. who looks like he can be a great fit at the 3
    Hope Fin retires and Bowen comes back for the vet min.

And I didn't check Nichols thread, but I will now that you mention him. Hope some posters see most of the French NT games this summer, and can update us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize that Milsap appears to be well over our budget here, but I think all the teams (including the jazz) are starting to realize that he is not worth anywhere NEAR the 10 mil he's expecting.

He might be forced to take his player option for next year (1.03 mil) and become unrestricted next year. Why dont the spurs make a push for him with the mid level?

It seems like a better idea than sheed coz he's young, and he's almost exactly what we need (would like it if he had a better shot though). Could it work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's restricted. Utah would match such an offer, and probably thank the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya he would have to accept an MLE offer from a team (spurs) but then Utah would have 7 days to match, and most feel they would.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea but I was reading somewhere, that Utah's payroll is already huge, so even if they offer him the MLE its doubled coz of the tax... true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could move Boozer to one of the teams with some cap room remaining, or they could suck it up for one year and have either Boozer or Milsap as a nice trade piece to one of the many spurned suitors for top talent next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Boozer staying? If so, do the Spurs have a chance to sign him with the MLE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boozer is staying but i see millsap as a long shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Jazz keep Millsap or match a MLE offer from another Jazz, wouldn't that put them into lux tax area?

Thread Information