Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets still hold Nachbar’s “Bird Rights”, which means they can sign him to a contract without cutting into the MLE. He’s the Nets’ free agent as much as Maurice Ager is. Also, if another team wants him and prefers not to use the MLE, they’ll have to go through the Nets.
    So the Spurs can get him without using their MLE? We need a CBA expert here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs can get him without using their MLE? We need a CBA expert here.
    Sign and trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes sign and trade, but what are the options? Can the Spurs for instance trade Bruce and then Nets cut him, avoiding paying him his salary and the spurs then pick-up Bruce for vet min?
    Can other stuff be included in sign and trade (like picks and cash)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes sign and trade, but what are the options? Can the Spurs for instance trade Bruce and then Nets cut him, avoiding paying him his salary and the spurs then pick-up Bruce for vet min?
    Can other stuff be included in sign and trade (like picks and cash)?
    I did some reading. If i understood it corectly no on the first question and yes on the second.

Or maybe i'm completely wrong.

Bruno?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can either use their MLE or LLE on Nachbar or do a S&T with Nets.

Even if you cut a player, the guaranteed part of his salary has to be paid. Most of the NBA salaries are fully guaranteed. For Bruce it's only 50% guaranteed ($2M guaranteed for a $4M salary).

A S&T scenario that works :
    Nachbar (starting salary of $3M) + Sean Williams for Bowen and $2M in cash.
    By doing this trade, Nets save $1.63M (Sean Williams contract).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can either use their MLE or LLE on Nachbar or do a S&T with Nets.

Even if you cut a player, the guaranteed part of his salary has to be paid. Most of the NBA salaries are fully guaranteed. For Bruce it's only 50% guaranteed ($2M guaranteed for a $4M salary).

A S&T scenario that works :
    Nachbar (starting salary of $3M) + Sean Williams for Bowen and $2M in cash.
    By doing this trade, Nets save $1.63M (Sean Williams contract).
    Thanks!

Can the spurs include a draft pick/player rights, to not take back any players but still intice the NJ to do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks!

Can the spurs include a draft pick/player rights, to not take back any players but still intice the NJ to do it?
    No, because you have to match salaries and a draft pick/players right count for $0 in a trade.

Raising Boki salary isn't also an option because if he gets more than $3M as new salary, Boki will become BYC. When a player is BYC, matching salaries is very hard to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boki in nets practice:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An oldish article:

Executive power
    Nets' Nachbar serves as president of team in Slovenia

In his role as New Jersey's sixth man, Bostjan Nachbar is nothing if not efficient. The supersub is a whirling dervish on the court, whether it be bombing from behind the three-point line (39 percent for the season) or going hard to the hole (Nachbar has had several YouTube-caliber dunks this season). Nachbar has become an indispensable part of the Nets' rotation.

As a team executive, well, let's just say Nachbar is absentee.

That's not a bad thing, though. In addition to his duties in the Nets' frontcourt, Nachbar doubles as the president of Kosarkaski Klub Koper, a first-division team in the Slovenian Men's League based out of the city of Koper. He is the de facto face of the 40-year-old franchise despite spending most of his time living an ocean away.

Two years ago, while a member of the New Orleans Hornets, Nachbar, 26, negotiated a deal with Koper that gave him the right to run the team for three years. While Nachbar spends most of Koper's season Stateside (the NBA and Slovenian League's seasons coincide), Nachbar's father, Vlado, a former basketball coach, runs the day-to-day operations.

"Basketball in Slovenia isn't as big as it was six or seven years ago," Nachbar says. "My father and I want to make it big again, give kids an alternative to playing soccer."

As Nachbar points out, basketball has faded in Slovenia since the late 1990s, when NBA players like Nachbar, Toronto's Rasho Nesterovic and Charlotte's Primoz Brezec starred in the league. Growing up, Nachbar struggled with the politics of playing in his homeland, as the local teams (which have low operating budgets) clung to their talented players, refusing to let them sign more lucrative deals with powerful Euroleague teams.

"I know how hard it was for me," says Nachbar, whose brother, Grego, plays for the team. "With my team, I want to be just the opposite. I want to help these young kids develop so they can go on to bigger and better things."

The club has thrived under Nachbar. When he took over, Koper was floundering at the bottom of the First Division. Support was at an all-time low and the team was in danger of dropping into the country's Second Division, which happens automatically when a team finishes in last place. But with an operating budget of just over $200,000 (the highest budget in the league is $700,000), Nachbar has overhauled not only the senior team but also a junior, cadet and pioneer team that has players as young as 14.

"A lot of other teams pay a lot of money to older players then fold when they don't win," Nachbar says. "I didn't want that. I want to make sure the younger players get a chance to play."

His popularity in Slovenia has brought in sponsors, and Nachbar takes every opportunity in the offseason to meet with potential sponsors as well as the Koper mayor to drum up support. During the summer he travels back to Koper, where he recently built a house, and sits in on team meetings and occasionally scrimmages with the players. When the Nets' forward reports to NBA training camp in October, Vlado sends his son tapes of the team's games and Nachbar will follow the club's statistics over the Internet. The two talk basketball by phone several times a week.

"We make most of the decisions together," Vlado says. "Boki will look at the tapes and give me his opinion."

Nets coach Lawrence Frank, for one, isn't surprised Nachbar has made the conversion from player to executive.

"Boki is a smart guy," Frank says. "A lot of former players become general managers. I could see Boki in an NBA front office someday."

Nachbar's teammates are equally as supportive -- to a point.

"I know he would do a great job," Richard Jefferson says. "But if he asks me to suit up for his team, no way."

Nachbar says he will continue to run the team through the end of the year, when he will make a decision whether to stay on as team president. Surely a man who makes $2.5 million per season could use the extra paycheck, right?

"No money," Nachbar says with a laugh. "I do it because I love working with these kids. As long as their interest is there, I'll be there."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...03/19/nachbar/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was an interview with Boki on the portal of national television today.
    I did some quick translating, i apologize in advance for all the grammar and spelling errors.

----------------------------------

Nachbar made a step forward
    Dinamo still owns him a lot of money
    2. junij 2009 ob 08:06
    Ljubljana - MMC RTV SLO

Basketball player Boštjan Nachbar wanted to just rest after returning from Moscow, but now he says he's already itching for ball.

"Every year it's good to come back home, and if you come home from cold Russia it's even better", Boki told us to start off MMC's interview. Last year Nachbar has surprisingly moved from NBA league to Moscow and signed a lucrative deal with Dynamo. But the situation drastically changed and because of economic crisis the club could no longer afford players, so Nachbar broke off the contract. Where he will continue his career should be known in a month.

---------------

Are you really tired after the season or are you hungry for basketball and will you be motivated to join the national team?

You never lose ape e for basketball. It's true however, that a after a though season the body needs rest. Now i'm already itching to get my hands on basketball...

What is the interest for basketball in Russia? Were the arenas full?

I was unpleasantly surprised. The fans didn't respond. This is not a league that would, at least in Moscow, interest people. If there is a bigger derby or CSKA plays in euroleague, more people gather, otherwise the arenas are empty.

Then you were quite shocked, when you moved from NBA to empty russian arenas?

I did expect that there won't be 20 thousand people at the game, as is custom in America, still considering we had a strong team, i expected bigger support.

Did you advance or recede, basketball wise, in the last year?

No, I think i receding was simply not possible. I played a lot of games, I played a lot of minutes, i was one of the main players... I belive i even made a step forward, because my role was different than in the USA. I improved my game. I think i have a good season behind me.

How much does the Dynamo own you?

A lot, but i let my agent handle that now. I won't to get what is mine ofcourse, and i hope the Russians will be honest enough to pay me everything.

Did you make contact with any clubs in NBA in the last month?

No, you have to wait. In Europe the national championships are still playing, in America there is a playoff. This not the time for it. It suits me, so i can have a little rest. Somewhere at the end of June the talks will start.

You wrote great blogs for MMC. Can we hope for any more blogs?

We made a deal for me to write three blogs, but the response was fantastic. I see the people are like to read about the life of athlete from the other point of view, they are interested in the background... I think i will find the time to write some more, maybe even a book.

Do you read a lot of books? Did you read a russian authors in Russia?

Russian authors no, but i do like to read different books and write. I had that inkling since i was little, before i was ten i wrote some stories and i have notebooks at home. It seems to be still in my blood.

http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/kosarka/n...-naprej/204314

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just noticed: Nachbar has the same agent as Manu, Oberto & Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    velik_m is pushing hard for Boki.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    come on over, Boki!

Random member
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Boki dunks. He would never fit.

Go back to the Nets or join the Knicks, Boki. Atlanta would be fine, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    velik_m is pushing hard for Boki.
    My favourite player on my favourite team? Damn straight i'm pushing hard.

Go back to the Nets or join the Knicks, Boki. Atlanta would be fine, too.
    Infidel!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's, cuban... Right?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's, cuban... Right?
    Yes...Cuban B.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abracadabra, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we sign Bourousis then I would think Nachbar is a logical choice for the money we will have remaining from the MLE. NJ doesn't have any interest in signing him so unless we have a deal in place by June 30 to trade Oberto/Bowen for a SF then I predict that we sign Nachbar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we sign Bourousis then I would think Nachbar is a logical choice for the money we will have remaining from the MLE. NJ doesn't have any interest in signing him so unless we have a deal in place by June 30 to trade Oberto/Bowen for a SF then I predict that we sign Nachbar.
    All things considered, if we were to sign Bourousis and Boki and somehow manage to stay under the cap I would call this offseason a pretty big success.

Random member
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Where do you guys even get the idea that the Spurs FO is interested in Boki?

I don't think Boki is part of Pop's plans for next season or any other season whatsoever.

Was he ever in any possible trade talks? I mean, real trade talks, not message board rumours?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Where do you guys even get the idea that the Spurs FO is interested in Boki?
    I don't think Boki is part of Pop's plans for next season or any other season whatsoever.
    Was he ever in any possible trade talks? I mean, real trade talks, not message board rumours?"

Reasons the Spurs are probably interested:
    1) He is European.
    2) He can shoot.
    3) He wouldn't command big $/many years.
    4) He fits the Spurs "system".

Per the NJ papers today he is cleaning out his condo in Jersey and he has been in talks with 10-15 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he ever in any possible trade talks? I mean, real trade talks, not message board rumours?
    I believe before the deal for JR Smith fell through in the afternoon that the Spurs also talked to NO about Boki before they traded him to NJ that morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NJ Nets: The Boki Question

They had those draft workouts today, and an hour after the last kid had showered, who should jog through the gym but Boki Nachbar.

As you know by now, he's had his fill of Moscow, and is trying to get back into the NBA.

And as you also know by now, he'd have been probably the most reliable forward on the Nets last year had the team not allowed him to split for Moscow in the first place.

So yes, they're talking again, but he can read a roster as well as you can.

"As of now, I don't see it -- unless something changes pretty drastically," Boki said of a Jersey reunion. "You just look at the roster. And it's not just the Nets: There are a bunch of others that we've talked to."

And if there is no NBA job readily available, hopefully his agent can place him where they'll actually pay him next season. He's had a number of NBA teams ("Ten or 15") express some level of interest, which he has pursued since "things started getting bad, and the checks stopped coming."

"I'm starting over again," he said.

One sign he doesn't expect Jersey to be his landing pad: He is in town this week just to clean out his condo so he can rent it out this year.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._question.html

Thread Information