Height: 6-3 / 1.91
    Weight: 202 lbs. / 91.6 kg.
    College: Texas A&M
    Years Pro: 2

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MEMPHIS, December 4, 2010– The Grizzlies waived guard Acie Law, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/gr...aw-101204.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An upgrade to Chris Quinn, perhaps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember some calling him a potential bust during the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An upgrade to Chris Quinn, perhaps?
    I will take quinn and his shooting over Law (who doesnt seem to do anything above average) anyday..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law was awesome at A&M, he was clutch as . I'm disappointed he hasn't been able to succeed at the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nerves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say pick him up drop quinn

He could be a Anthony Goldwire, John Hart, Anthony Carter kind of role for us.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Acie Law is, by NBA standards, a below average athlete. If that's the case, you're going to have a hard time either scoring or distributing if you aren't a knock down shooter to keep defenders from sagging off you. Acie is anything but a knock down shooter. He's also not terribly quick. The third thing he isn't is an improvement over Quinn, who can at least shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember some calling him a potential bust during the draft.
    bust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acie Law is, by NBA standards, a below average athlete. If that's the case, you're going to have a hard time either scoring or distributing if you aren't a knock down shooter to keep defenders from sagging off you. Acie is anything but a knock down shooter. He's also not terribly quick. The third thing he isn't is an improvement over Quinn, who can at least shoot.
    I know Quinn is white, and in the NBA, and everyone keeps saying he can shoot. But I have hardly seen him shoot, much less to prove he "is good" at shooting.

It's the 3rd string PG. Acie Law can defend, get to the line, and has Spur Personality written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law was horrible with Memphis this year. For the reference, 342 players have played more than 80min this year, Law is 342th on the PER stat.

Saying that, Quinn has been nowhere near great with Spurs. He definitively isn't in the "must keep" category. It wouldn't be surprising to see Spurs cutting him before January 5th when his contract becomes guaranteed. In that case, Law wouldn't be really worse than the other PGs Spurs could try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say pick him up drop quinn

He could be a Anthony Goldwire, John Hart, Anthony Carter kind of role for us.
    Is there something you know about Law that the rest of the NBA doesnt?

I know Quinn is white, and in the NBA, and everyone keeps saying he can shoot. But I have hardly seen him shoot, much less to prove he "is good" at shooting.

It's the 3rd string PG. Acie Law can defend, get to the line, and has Spur Personality written all over him.
    Quinn = career 3pt% is 39%, 5 ppg and 0.5 turnovers in 15 minutes per game

Law = career 3pt% is 25%, 4ppg and 0.75 turnovers in 12 minutes per game.

I think I would stick with Quinn unless financially its much cheaper for someone else to take over the 3rd string pg position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acie Law is expected to sign with the Golden State Warriors tomorrow, according to sources.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for pointing out Quinn's skin color. Who knew? If Acie Law can do all of these things, why can't he stick with a NBA team? How many teams has Law played on? 3?

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

Quinn = career 3pt% is 39%, 5 ppg and 0.5 turnovers in 15 minutes per game

Law = career 3pt% is 25%, 4ppg and 0.75 turnovers in 12 minutes per game.

I think I would stick with Quinn unless financially its much cheaper for someone else to take over the 3rd string pg position.
    This. I'm not sure what you can get from a 3rd string PG, and I'm not sure if there is anyone willing to take on that role who's better than Quinn.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law was awesome at A&M, he was clutch as . I'm disappointed he hasn't been able to succeed at the next level.
    This. I saw Law go toe to toe with Durant in a very pivotal game late in the season. The guy could defend, was tough as nails, and was clutch as down the stretch.

What happpend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. I saw Law go toe to toe with Durant in a very pivotal game late in the season. The guy could defend, was tough as nails, and was clutch as down the stretch.

What happpend?
    The NBA happened.

Durant had enough talent to make the jump, Law didn't. At least not at the level they displayed in college.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

What happpend?
    The NBA happened.

Durant had enough talent to make the jump, Law didn't. At least not at the level they displayed in college.
    This. The NBA game is SO much faster and more physical than the NCAA that only a very few can make the jump. Athleticism, monster rebounding, or knockdown shooting are the usual keys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law apparently landed in Golden State. He's on espn right now leading the GS 2nd unit.

Looks solid.

Thread Information