Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Just wondering what everyone thought about this important subject.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Super Bowl bound

My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Yes!

I think they'll be a borderline playoff team but IMO they probably lost talent when compared to last year. The Jeremy Maclin aka Desean Jackson pt. 2 pick made no sense.

Post Count
    I think they will be good. It will be another tough year in the NFC East.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    losing Dawkins and Sheppard will be huge.

Dawkins was their emotional leader, and Sheppard was a quality corner. If Jim Johnson takes a leave of absence than this team will probably not be very good. this is wishful thinking from a Cowboy fan though

nope.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They lost alot on defense, got very little back on offense. People are severely overrating the Jeremy Maclin pickup. Maclin will be a good player, but look at the track record of nearly all rookie WR's - they almost always suck in their rookie year.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    10-6 wild card at best.

Maclin does nothing for them. McNabb's big problem last year was no security blanket to get a rhythm going. A rookie receiver with the route running skills of a high school freshman is anything but a security blanket.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    They will be better than Dallas, but that's not a guarantee they will be good.

My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    10-6 wild card at best.
    Going by their schedule, I can see that. We get the Cowboys at the end of the season again.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    12-4, winning the NFC east. I've always been a McNabb fan. When he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the NFL.

12-4, winning the NFC east. I've always been a McNabb fan. When he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the NFL.
    I love McNabb as well and he's great at carrying offenses with at reciever but he lost both Runyan and Tra Thomas (the tackles who have been there for most of his career) and still has at receiver.

Post Count
    When he's healthy, he's a top 5 QB in the NFL.
    Agreed.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I love McNabb as well and he's great at carrying offenses with at reciever but he lost both Runyan and Tra Thomas (the tackles who have been there for most of his career) and still has at receiver.
    Runyan was a s of his former self. If Peters plays as good as he can, that OL will be much improved.

Runyan was a s of his former self. If Peters plays as good as he can, that OL will be much improved.
    I forgot they got Peters and Stacy Andrews which is prolly an improvement.

Their defense is still a big problem IMO. They got rid of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard and replaced them with Ellis "I can't guard receivers over 5 feet 8 inches tall" Hobbs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    losing Dawkins and Sheppard will be huge.

Dawkins was their emotional leader, and Sheppard was a quality corner. If Jim Johnson takes a leave of absence than this team will probably not be very good. this is wishful thinking from a Cowboy fan though
    They lost alot on defense, got very little back on offense. People are severely overrating the Jeremy Maclin pickup. Maclin will be a good player, but look at the track record of nearly all rookie WR's - they almost always suck in their rookie year.
    Their defense is still a big problem IMO. They got rid of Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard and replaced them with Ellis "I can't guard receivers over 5 feet 8 inches tall" Hobbs.
    They didn't lose nearly as much as you guys say. Losing Dawkins hurt, but they still got some very solid replacements at the safety positions, and Quentin Mikell turned out to be a of a safety as well. And they also have a very young defense that is still developing. The guys they have are going to still be improving. And I don't think they have lost Brown yet, and Hobbs is much better as a nickel back since he will be matched up against more quick, small guys, instead of getting raped by guys like Plaxico. Sheppard didn't even play that much. The growth out of their youth on defense i think will make up quite well for their losses. And lets not kid ourselves... aside from the Patriots, no team over the past 10 years has dealt with "major losses" as well as the Eagles. they constantly lose solid or big name players that should be "huge blows" yet still overcome them and are constantly a very compe ive team (corey simon, jeremiah trotter, troy vincent, michael lewis, bobby taylor, hugh douglas, roderick hood, etc...).

And on offense, fact is, McNabb has gotten though his career with crap at WR, and this year is no different. The offense has always relied on whether the team stays healthy or not. Having Curtis back and healthy will help a lot more than people think, and they may have one of the fastest recieving cores the league has ever seen (Curtis, Jackson, Maclin are all burners).
    Last edited by stretch; 06-02-2009 at 08:12 AM.

The Eagles have always been good at replacing departing players and keeping their D as one of the best in the league. I think they will be in the thick of things in the NFC yet again.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Yeah, they be good!!

I think they'll finish 2nd in the division, behind the Giants!

My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Hank Baskett married Kendra (Playboy Playmate) last weekend. I wonder how long that marriage will last?

They could be anywhere from 6-10, all the way to 12-4 IMO. They have some flaws, but they have some strengths too. If Westbrook and McNabb stay healthy, I think they can be a quality team, especially if their young players develop.

Of course, these days, that could be the prognosis for half the teams in the NFL... Stupid parity...

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Kevin Mutha ing Kolb!!!!!!!!!!

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    If McNabb can stay healthy for 2 years straight (don't think it's been done in a while) I think so....though the health of their legendary defensive coordinator may also play a hand in matters. The new O-Line has to gell but Donovan has some great weapons. As a Seahawk fan, I can say that Leonard Weaver will be a great fit, as the Eagles are excellent at utilizing hybrid backs that aren't great at any one thing but rather good at a bunch of different things. Though they've lost some pieces on defense they got a versatile secondary player from the Pats in Hobbs who will give their ST a boost as well. At the very least playoff bound....they got to the playoffs last year with less (including 1 1/2 RBs).

Post Count
    I think they'll be a borderline playoff team but IMO they probably lost talent when compared to last year. The Jeremy Maclin aka Desean Jackson pt. 2 pick made no sense.

You don't really know what you're talking about LOL

Desean is a BEAST as a rookie he was getting doubled a lot, the addition of Maclin improves this offense greatly. I wouldn't mind having another D Jackson on the field, that's a fast ass WR core.

The Eagles kept everybody on defense except for Lito Sheppard and Dawkins, Lito sucked he wasn't the CB he used to be and the Eagles have got a bunch of talented CBs. They also replaced Dawkins with Jones who is pretty darn good, I don't know if you'd been watching but Dawkins isn't the player he used to be he's old now Sean Jones for sure will be an upgrade.

Eagles Losses:

Dawkins
    Sheppard
    LJ Smith (SUCKS ASS! Holy this guy sucks, I'm so freaken glad we got rid of his ass)
    Old injury plagued O-Linemen

Eagles' Offensive additions this year:

Leonard Weaver, FINALLY we have a legit FB we haven't had one since Jon Ritchie. This guy is going to help out our short yardage situations greatly and help with blocking we didn't have last year at FB.

Jeremy Maclin, Desean v2? yeah I'll take it, McNabb will have another target I think Maclin is going to have a very good season this year. There was nobody else on the board that we should've taken.

Jason Peters, a Pro Bowl tackle this guy is beastly. Best LT in the NFL? Instantly upgrades our O Line

Stacy Andrews, can this guy regain his form? He was a 2 time pro bowl player in '06 and '07. Excellent addition.

THE BIG KID Shawn Andrews, yes he's coming back. Before his depression stuff happened he a pro bowl player. This guy was one of the best Offensive line men in the NFL. He was one of the main reasons Westbrook was able to tear it up.

In 2006 B West rushed for 1,200 yards then in 2007 he rushed for 1,300 yards. Then Andrews went down and guess how many yards he had this year? 900, Andrews made a huge difference, B West's recieving yards also went down a load.

We finally got rid of LJ Smith, not only could he not block but he couldn't catch for .

So now we have a brand new TE starting-Brent Celek. This guy was tearing it up in the playoffs this will be his breakout season, he's gonna be really good. The only person holding him back was LJ Smith since he was starting.

Celek was the Eagle's best reciever in the playoffs with 19 catches, 3 TD's and 150 yards. Imagine his stats next year in the Reg. Season.

The Eagles got the NFC East on lock if they stay healthy and McNabb plays well.

Oh and we also get McCoy and Ingram who I think both have a lot of potential.

Final Record- 12-4 or 13-3, I hope.

Thread Information